• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
I'm too lazy to make sheets. It seems like so much effort and the reward too abstract/uncertain. :(

Solving is more fun.

Rolf NB

Memory card/region question #749:

Can I play EU retail games at all while the currently activated account is US?
Can I save progress in EU retail games on a memory card that is otherwise loaded with US store content (PSN games)? While the currently activated account is US?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Memory card/region question #749:

Can I play EU retail games at all while the currently activated account is US?
Can I save progress in EU retail games on a memory card that is otherwise loaded with US store content (PSN games)? While the currently activated account is US?

Yes and Yes. Memory cards are locked to one account, but the retail games are free region and can be playable on any account or memory card.

Grinchy

Banned
Zen Pinball 2 is kinda growing on me. It seems expensive though. So you basically buy the base game for $10, and then the newer tables each cost extra money? The Avengers one was $10 or something, seems steep. I guess I don't quite understand what this free thing is that they put out recently. It's just a demo basically, right? Or is it an update to the game? I'm so confused.

lol this thread is too fast for my unstealthy edits

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Zen Pinball 2 is kinda growing on me. It seems expensive though. I noticed that just the Avengers table was $10. Is that normal? Is each table $10? I mean that's crazy if so.

I just hate this f2p-like bullshit on Vita because you need to pay for the good stuff,just kill it with unholy green fire.

Carl

I've realized. Woke up and saw like 3 messages from you alone >.<
Not complaining though lol. Gonna play them later tonight, working on homework now.

Heh sorry, you're near the top of my friends list when you're online, so usually end up with one.

Cecil and hanmik, I didn't have enough left to send you a sheet/board/whatever in return, so I'll send you two one at around 12 EST tonight. Sorry. ):

Ok that's cool. I got hit with the "Please Wait" bug earlier, so I can definitely wait until tonight to play. Giving this game a rest today, it's been getting on my nerves hardcore.

Grinchy

Banned
Avengers pack of 4 tables is $10

Oh ok I guess that makes more sense because I did end up seeing other single tables priced cheaper. So does the full game have good tables already? I liked the little bit I got to play of the Avengers table.

Playing the game vertically is kinda neat too.

Zen Pinball is not f2p. It is a bit expensive, though. I think there should be at least a base pack that gives you more than four tables.
Other than that it's very fun. If someone wants to add me for score purposes: slaughterbaron

Famassu

I just hate this f2p-like bullshit on Vita because you need to pay for the good stuff,just kill it with unholy green fire.
They are a company trying to make money. They basically give you limited access to everything in the game to see if you like it, so it's not like you're buying into anything blindly. And the price of one table isn't that high, considering how much work goes into one and how much replay value they all have.

Zen Pinball 2 is kinda growing on me. It seems expensive though. So you basically buy the base game for $10, and then the newer tables each cost extra money? The Avengers one was $10 or something, seems steep. I guess I don't quite understand what this free thing is that they put out recently. It's just a demo basically, right? Or is it an update to the game? I'm so confused.

Well, you do get four free tables, though if I've understood correctly those are ones from the first game, so they aren't new if you have played the first game.

The 'free game!' stuff surrounding Zen 2's release was misguided and misleading, and even as demos for the tables they are a little on the brief side.

Still, after dropping $40 on 16 tables and playing all of them a moderate amount, I feel I got my money's worth and then some, or I guess the content equivalent of a retail portable game. The game is just so darn playable and polished, it does so many things right that TPA got wrong. From control options to performance to graphical assets and textures to PS3 crossbuy to offline scores updating to leader boards once online, they nailed everything (music could be better though).

I also find every table interesting and fun, where I had a more hit-and-miss experience with TPA's offerings. I don't like Iron Man much, but the rest are quality, fun, and as charming as you would expect them to be based on the IP's they use.

VanWinkle

It's dumb that they don't give you an easy way to let you know what game is in the system (unless you restart the system or you just put the game in). There should be some kind of icon or indicator or something. Seems like a glaring oversight.

Carl

It's dumb that they don't give you an easy way to let you know what game is in the system (unless you restart the system or you just put the game in). There should be some kind of icon or indicator or something. Seems like a glaring oversight.

Seen quite a few people suggest it to @Yosp, and he seems to take notice of what people say. So hopefully we see it in the next firmware update.

zroid

Banned

I honestly never even thought about this before, because I only have two retail games and always know which is in there. I can see this being real annoying as I get more games. :/

There's always something...

(Definitely seems like an easy fix though.)

FireCloud

I thought it'd stop us all asking everyone's PSN on every page. I know there's a thread for it but no one uses it anymore, and this list is more current, so y'know.

But now we'll have to post the doc link on every page :p

I haven't posted in a while. Been enjoying Zen Pinball 2 and lurking around here from time to time. Looking forward to LBP Vita next.

Carl

But now we'll have to post the doc link on every page :p

I haven't posted in a while. Been enjoying Zen Pinball 2 and lurking around here from time to time. Looking forward to LBP Vita next.

I'm sure someone will remember :p

I haven't bothered trying ZP2. Should i bother, or...?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Seen quite a few people suggest it to @Yosp, and he seems to take notice of what people say. So hopefully we see it in the next firmware update.

The FW team is just..I don't know the word to describe them in English but they always leave obvious things out, like with Vita PSone emulate why can we remap the face buttons the to sticks or change/lower the placement of R2/L2 or unlock the screen with pressing L/R or start/select (so I don't have to touch the screen anymore).

Roubjon

So I platinum'd Gravity Rush yesterday. It was a fantastic game and I loved every second of it, but there is one trophy from the DLC that I can't get, leaving me at 98% total completion. That won't do at all.

So basically, does anyone have any tips for the second challenge that comes with the Maid DLC that involves getting a score of 21,000 points? It's the one where you have unlimited super meter and can use your special attacks as much as you'd like. The highest I've gotten is 17,000.

MisterC20XX

This is probably just my general, low-level paranoia speaking, but is anyone else a little freaked out by using Near? I like the idea of Near, but it feels strange to me that I can so easily interact with people I don't know when they are so geographically close to my real-world location.

I honestly never even thought about this before, because I only have two retail games and always know which is in there. I can see this being real annoying as I get more games. :/

There's always something...

(Definitely seems like an easy fix though.)

How do you not know what game is in your system?
Even if you don't know, just launch the game you want and if it's not in the slot, you'll get told to put it in.

I mean, I get the point, but really, it seems unnecessary to me.

zroid

Banned
If you haven't played the Vita in a while, it's easy to forget.

It's not a huge deal, I mean, you can just pull the thing out of the slot for crying out loud, but one of many little oversights that pile on.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Why isn't Namco making a dedicated Tekken game for the Vita? I know the PSOne games and the PSP games work, but still, not having one announced for the Vita while the 3DS already has one is telling.

Louis

The original Marvel pack is cheaper when you buy it from the PSN store. In the Zen Pinball App it's 10 euro's instead of 8 euro's on the PSN store.

Carl

This is probably just my general, low-level paranoia speaking, but is anyone else a little freaked out by using Near? I like the idea of Near, but it feels strange to me that I can so easily interact with people I don't know when they are so geographically close to my real-world location.

Haha, indeed. I use it but i never use it to message people. I don't like the idea of people near me knowing how much of a geek i am...

zroid

Banned
Haha, indeed. I use it but i never use it to message people. I don't like the idea of people near me knowing how much of a geek i am...

:p On the contrary, I would welcome everyone nearby to know. However, I don't want to interact with them in the first place :(
because I'm a geek

FireCloud

I haven't bothered trying ZP2. Should i bother, or...?

I had purchased several tables from the first ZP. So for me it was a no-brainer. I get to play all my tables for free on the Vita.

My favorite tables are:
Paranormal
Sorcerer's Lair
Mars
Tesla

I also have several others including the first Marvel pack that was free for plus members for a while as well as Excaliber and Earth Defense.

Worth it? I think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom