• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
That Invizimals TV programme thread made me want to play the game. Why the hell isn't it on Vita store? ;_;

It's weird because the PSP emulator has options for the camera attachment despite the fact that none of the PSP games that use the camera are on PSN ...

Xiul

omg omg omg

iBQuynD26p1Rj.jpg

HEY XIUL YOU'RE THE GREATEST
You're welcomed buddy!

Nice write-up. Even with the very brief access that the "demo" gives me, I can tell it's a quality game. I'm not sure if I can justify spending a bunch on it, but I'm really damn tempted. Do you think the original game for $10 is worth it?

I can only vouch for the three Marvel packs, which I would rank:
- Avengers / WWHulk / Fear Itself / Infinity Gauntlet
- Ghost Rider / X-Men / Thor / Moonknight
- Spider-Man / Wolverine / Iron-Man / Blade

Though those are all very good, the solo Captain America table too.

When I first got my Vita, I would fuck around with people nearby. I'd mention landmarks or recognizable things, and say I was hiding behind them. I told one guy I peed in our local water supply. I'd get all kinds of crazy responses lol

reggiewhatswrongwithyou.gif

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

abic

Banned
I'm really hoping SONY has a good showing for TGS and the rest of the year for PSVita. I wanted to buy the system and I'm deeply hesitant today because I'm not sure if the platform will continue to be invested in.

I also hope there's a PSV-2000 with longer battery life.

Carl

I also hope there's a PSV-2000 with longer battery life.

Battery technology is terrible, so don't bank on it.

Battery life isn't bad anyway. Mine lasts a good 4 hours, sometimes more. It's never ran out of battery while travelling before.

abic

Banned

Battery life isn't bad anyway. Mine lasts a good 4 hours, sometimes more. It's never ran out of battery while travelling before.

I travel back and forth USA and Asia, total journey is something like 24 hours. Long battery life is very important for me.

Mine lasts about 8 hours of gameplay. (with the Nyko power grip
3AQmK.gif
)

Hm, maybe this would help.

Carl

I travel back and forth USA and Asia, total journey is something like 24 hours. Long battery life is very important for me.

Then you want a Gameboy :p Nothing else would last you 24 hours! lol. Surely aeroplanes have plug sockets on them? ;)

abic

Banned
Then you want a Gameboy :p Nothing else would last you 24 hours! lol. Surely aeroplanes have plug sockets on them? ;)

Not on the airplanes that I usually take. Something with a long enough battery life will help, I can spend the remainder of those hours watching movies or sleeping.

Man, I hope the VITA survives because I want a unit and Persona 4 so bad.

oldmario

It's weird because the PSP emulator has options for the camera attachment despite the fact that none of the PSP games that use the camera are on PSN ...

Thats weird, i'm sure i've seen both eyepet and invizimals on psn, at one point i was considering buying it digitally because i saw a video where a guy was shaking the psp to do a move and last time i shook my psp like that i lost gta liberty city stories because i let go of it and the psp went flying lol

Carl

Not on the airplanes that I usually take. Something with a long enough battery life will help, I can spend the remainder of those hours watching movies or sleeping.

Weird! I've never been on an aeroplane. Assumed they would have plug sockets though. Even trains have plug sockets. Ah well.

jiggles

Banned
So, it turns out you have to fully redownload any PSOne classics or minis you got on Plus that expire for Vita.

Kicking off the download again to refresh the expiry date doesn't work. FUCK

filipe

Weird! I've never been on an aeroplane. Assumed they would have plug sockets though. Even trains have plug sockets. Ah well.

Planes are now just implementing electrical outlets and it's becoming more common, but it's still not the norm, unfortunately. Normally I travel with more than one device so if one thing dies, onto the next.

patsu

Man, I hope the VITA survives because I want a unit and Persona 4 so bad.

It depends on the airplane model. Check with the airline. Some old ones have power socket at select seats (economy class). The newer ones may have sockets at every seat.

Takao

Banned
Thats weird, i'm sure i've seen both eyepet and invizimals on psn, at one point i was considering buying it digitally because i saw a video where a guy was shaking the psp to do a move and last time i shook my psp like that i lost gta liberty city stories because i let go of it and the psp went flying lol

They're not on the US store, and last time I checked they weren't on the UK store either. Though, last time I checked the UK store was a long time ago.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

It's really not good, and there is no way to plug at work (PCs taking all the power sockets)

PSV XL twice the size,bigger battery,problem solved.

Carl

#

Neither of them are on the UK store, at least. Was prepared to splash some cash on Invizimals. Sony's loss! lol.

Planes are now just implementing electrical outlets and it's becoming more common, but it's still not the norm, unfortunately. Normally I travel with more than one device so if one thing dies, onto the next.

Ahh i see. Fair enough then

Carl

It's really not good, and there is no way to plug at work (PCs taking all the power sockets)

PSV XL twice the size,bigger battery,problem solved.

Good enough for me. I never need it for more than 4 hours of solid gaming. Lasts longer than that with PSP and PSOne games. 4 hours is solid nonstop playing.

Not good enough for everyone, i know. Good enough for me though :)

Hey guys.

I might be trading for a Vita unit soonish.

Does the warranty transfer over? Anything special I or the trader need to do?
I... think you'll be covered, but I wouldn't take my answer unless someone else comes along with it.

Yes! Especially when you don't know that you activated it and you are like WTF!?

I got it for the first time and I had no clue what happened.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I don't understand why there still isn't a charge indicator for when the Vita is plugged into a computer.

I didn't think it could be charged off a general USB port unless it was turned off? Otherwise the PlayStation Button goes orange like usual.

So, it turns out you have to fully redownload any PSOne classics or minis you got on Plus that expire for Vita.

Kicking off the download again to refresh the expiry date doesn't work. FUCK

Im calling shennagins on this because when my Plus date was passed and my PS1 games didn't work all I did was go to the store and download it for like 2 seconds and they worked again.

Apath

Is anyone else having issues getting Netflix to work? I've been having an issue since launch where I'm told the title I've selected is unavailable and I should try a different one. I've tried both changing the video quality settings on netflix.com (Good, Better, Best) as well as deleting the application and reinstalling. Nothing works.

And how the fuck do you beat Master level 3 in Lumines Electronic Symphony -_-

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'd do it.
That Vita fund will come in handy for the already released titles and the slew of games coming out the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom