• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, yes, I'm kinda torn, guys.

I'm working on this trade with a guy, my 360S for his Vita. I don't use the 360, I haven't since I bought it, and I probably never will.

He wants to trade straight across, my 360 for his Vita, 4GB card, and cables.

He would ship his first, so I would have some hands on time with it to make sure it's acceptable before sending him my 360.

Only catch is one of the corners, where you'd put a strap, is dented, and there's a scratch on the back that he says doesn't affect functionality.

c3213932.jpg
What do you guys think? Am I just desperate to pick up a Vita, or should I hold out for something better? My 'Vita Fund' is 450'ish right now, and I've been waiting for a deal on a new one, but this would let me use most of that 450 on games and accessories.

I've got scratches that sorta look the same on the rear touch(not as bad, but that doesn't look bad at all), so I'd still go for it. You don't need a strap, do you?

Derrick01

Banned
Honestly I would wait another couple of months and see what kind of Black Friday deals are going to come out. I expect some gift card bundling at the very least since they're going to want to get rid of stock.

But I'll be honest I'm saying this as someone who will never buy a used system. I just don't trust people to take care of them properly. If you feel confident enough it's a good working system and you can get it for a useless (to you) 360 then why not I guess. Worst case scenario you get scammed and you're out of a system you didn't want or use anyway.

Vitacat

Is anyone else having issues getting Netflix to work? I've been having an issue since launch where I'm told the title I've selected is unavailable and I should try a different one. I've tried both changing the video quality settings on netflix.com (Good, Better, Best) as well as deleting the application and reinstalling. Nothing works.

I just installed and used Netflix for the first time tonight, and it's working great.

So I dunno, could it be a router issue? Netflix streams OK on other devices for you?

Apath

If you don't use the 360, why not? The scratch doesn't look like a big deal, and the systems are about equal in value.
I just installed and used Netflix for the first time tonight, and it's working great.

So I dunno, could it be a router issue? Netflix streams OK on other devices for you?
Netflix works perfectly on every other device I own. The issue has persisted across two different ISPs I've had at my house + countless different modem/router setups. Not to mention it also doesn't work even when connected to my school's wi-fi.

I should mention that this isn't an isolated issue. I've seen others with the same problems on different message boards.

I'm working on this trade with a guy, my 360S for his Vita. I don't use the 360, I haven't since I bought it, and I probably never will.

He would ship his first, so I would have some hands on time with it to make sure it's acceptable before sending him my 360.

Only catch is one of the corners, where you'd put a strap, is dented, and there's a scratch on the back that he says doesn't affect functionality.

What do you guys think? Am I just desperate to pick up a Vita, or should I hold out for something better? My 'Vita Fund' is 450'ish right now, and I've been waiting for a deal on a new one, but this would let me use most of that 450 on games and accessories.

My vita came with a CRACK on the back touchpad and it hasn't affected me at all. And that dent doesnt look too bad. In the same situation and if you're okay with used systems and trust the dude then yeah I'd take that offer. And then use that vita fund on a bigger memory card (16 or 32), a screen protector and a decent case.

Edit: took a closer look at the dent, after he sent to me I would get an old strap (psp straps work well) and test it because it looks kind of bent and that may be a problem later. That's the only downside I see to this whole trade.

edit2: Looking at that second picture theres a lot of dirt and grime in the grooves...I'm not big on buying used systems and so I'm a nitpicker but that'd be a dealbreaker for me. But you may not be the same.

Vitacat

If you don't use the 360, why not? The scratch doesn't look like a big deal, and the systems are about equal in value.

Netflix works perfectly on every other device I own. The issue has persisted across two different ISPs I've had at my house, + countless different modem/router setups. Not to mention it also doesn't work even when connected to my school's wi-fi.

I should mention that this isn't an isolated issue. I've seen others with the same problems on different message boards.

Wow, that sucks. I really have no idea. Works great on my end. :-/

Do it, those cosmetic faults are insignificant, and that 450 can get you a 32GB stick.

Grinchy

Banned
='[ My dreams of watching Netflix on my Vita while waiting between class will never come to fruition I suppose.

I tried doing that at the university library the other day. The wifi is so slow there that I couldn't get anything (even youtube videos) to start streaming. I really hope I can get that to work some day, because it's a great way to kill some time. On Wednesdays I have 2 hours and 45 minutes to kill after one of my classes.

Thought I'd share some cam shots with you guys ...

SOTN
ibu6Qxx1JlOywY

PSP Ridge Racer
iPbbVpNjTwoV2

Is that with anti-aliasing on for Ridge Racer? I've been wanting a good racing game on my Vita and I've heard if I want all the content on the Vita version I'd need to buy an extra Gold code or whatever. And the Single Player content is nonexistant/repetitive.

sajj316

Is that with anti-aliasing on for Ridge Racer? I've been wanting a good racing game on my Vita and I've heard if I want all the content on the Vita version I'd need to buy an extra Gold code or whatever. And the Single Player content is nonexistant/repetitive.

It's with bi-linear filtering enabled. I wish it had 2xAA :). I'm staying away from the Vita version. I'm satisfied now with R4 PSOne and RR PSP!

I'll be posting more from time to time. Really liking the upload site minus. So easy with the iPhone + minus + m.neogaf!

MisterC20XX

A straight trade for a system you don't use sounds like a no-brainer to me. I guess my only concern would be that dent in the corner. Did the Vita suffer a serious drop to get that kind of dent? If so could something else be wrong with it? I dunno, it's a tough call. On one hand I say do it, but on the other hand I agree with Derrick01 about people not taking care of their stuff.

Yeah, if you want a nice meaty racing game, go with PSP RR and PSone R4. I enjoyed getting all the trophies for RR Vita but at the same time it was depressing because the game could have been so much more. The best single player content in that game occurs when you unlock the "Devil's Gift". And even then, since the game lacks any single player progression/structure, it will feel like a HUGE difficulty spike unless you've played the older titles.

A straight trade for a system you don't use sounds like a no-brainer to me. I guess my only concern would be that dent in the corner. Did the Vita suffer a serious drop to get that kind of dent? If so could something else be wrong with it? I dunno, it's a tough call. On one hand I say do it, but on the other hand I agree with Derrick01 about people not taking care of their stuff.

Yeah, I feel the same way.

Like him, I don't buy used systems. But.. this is a pretty good trade. And since he's shipping first, I'll have the system in hand for a day before I ship out my 360, so I can mess with it and get some hands on time with it. If I'm not satisfied, I can always send it back.

That, and it should still be covered under the warranty for anything non-cosmetic.

TheBear

Yeah, if you want a nice meaty racing game, go with PSP RR and PSone R4. I enjoyed getting all the trophies for RR Vita but at the same time it was depressing because the game could have been so much more. The best single player content in that game occurs when you unlock the "Devil's Gift". And even then, since the game lacks any single player progression/structure, it will feel like a HUGE difficulty spike unless you've played the older titles.

I remember having an awesome time with RR Revolution. Is R4 the best Ridge Racer?

patsu

I didn't think it could be charged off a general USB port unless it was turned off? Otherwise the PlayStation Button goes orange like usual.

You can charge a Vita off a PC/laptop USB (2 or 3) ports. Vita's battery indicator won't show the charging-in-progress icon, but the battery level will increase slowly.

patsu

Is anyone else having issues getting Netflix to work? I've been having an issue since launch where I'm told the title I've selected is unavailable and I should try a different one. I've tried both changing the video quality settings on netflix.com (Good, Better, Best) as well as deleting the application and reinstalling. Nothing works.

And how the fuck do you beat Master level 3 in Lumines Electronic Symphony -_-

Did you try calling NetFlx or Sony help desk ?

I watched a few movies from Vita NetFlix. No issue so far.

I remember having an awesome time with RR Revolution. Is R4 the best Ridge Racer?

In my opinion, Rage Racer is the best one. I just loved the track designs/music/career in that game the most. Wish it was on PSN... :(

But yeah, R4 is a very close second and the controls in the game feel really good. Collecting the cars is addictive too. You have to place at a lower position (while still qualifying) in certain races to be awarded different cars and the dialogue in the cut scenes changes when you do this. It's pretty cool.

Apath

Did you try calling NetFlx or Sony help desk ?

I watched a few movies from Vita NetFlix. No issue so far.
No, I haven't. People have tried with no good results, but it really is a no-brainer to at least give it a shot. I'll try calling tomorrow.

branny

I passed on R4 recently because it looks like cars move a fair bit slower than they do in newer Ridge Racers. I'm still pissed we never got RR2 on PSP over here. =\

I passed on R4 recently because it looks like cars move a fair bit slower than they do in newer Ridge Racers. I'm still pissed we never got RR2 on PSP over here. =\

I know! The sense of speed is one thing that is missing. The gameplay is tight though. I ended up importing the EU version of RR2. Takes Ridge Racers and perfects it even more.

patsu

No, I haven't. People have tried with no good results, but it really is a no-brainer to at least give it a shot. I'll try calling tomorrow.

Even if they can't solve your problem, they'd at least have it on record that some are not able to use it.

zroid

Banned
I don't know if anyone was planning to send me any treasure sheets now but please wait until daytime, or I might end up having to delete them all again :(

H13

Hello, want to ask, do all of u guys buy mgs 1 from ps3 and transfer it to vita to play it?
Since i did not found mgs at the store?
If it does, sucks for psvita only owners :(

Hello, want to ask, do all of u guys buy mgs 1 from ps3 and transfer it to vita to play it?
Since i did not found mgs at the store?
If it does, sucks for psvita only owners :(
Not sure about other regions, but I know it's available on the Vita in EU and NA, at least.

Yup! It's working now! =D
Then I'll send one your way! Even if they're easy medals!

EDIT: Almost out of 10 daily sheets already. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom