• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
So, I finally found someone on Near who put a TP sheet up. I told it to automatically download near gifts from that game. Does this mean now that anyone on Near who has one up will be automatically downloaded, or just that guy's?

It's kinda crazy that it doesn't automatically download anyone's TP sheets to begin with.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amgg-_uFluNadDF5Sm9NM3pMQXZfbHRkMzQyR05HMVE#gid=0

So, I finally found someone on Near who put a TP sheet up. I told it to automatically download near gifts from that game. Does this mean now that anyone on Near who has one up will be automatically downloaded, or just that guy's?

It's kinda crazy that it doesn't automatically download anyone's TP sheets to begin with.
I would be inclined to think so, but it never downloaded any after my first and I had to keep looking manually. So if you don't get any automatically, keep an eye out!

But Near sheets net you SO many more medals.

Tell the truth... You have MBA right?? ;)
carl shamed me on the google docs sheet numerous times ):

Vitacat

Hmm, just tried to use PS Store on Vita and it said "This service is currently undergoing maintenance (NP-2238-5)"

I wonder what's happening? Are they adding stuff, or maybe just removing MHFU. *ahem*

Darkangus

Hmm, just tried to use PS Store on Vita and it said "This service is currently undergoing maintenance (NP-2238-5)"

I wonder what's happening? Are they adding stuff, or maybe just removing MHFU. *ahem*

I think that it´s only maintenance but with them we never know... ;)
(add Tomba! please)

Vitacat

Someone correct me since I'm probably wrong, but someone figured out how to run VHBL using MHFU.

Correct.

So that's why the jacked the price up from $10 to $20. LMAO.

Hehe, maybe right. A whole lot of people probably bought the game over the weekend since Wololo announced it could be used for homebrew.

Please note, it cannot be used AT ALL for piracy. So nobody need worry about that. Just to run some old emulators and free games. But Sony is (understandably) paranoid about such things since the PSP.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Correct.

Hehe, maybe right. A whole lot of people probably bought the game over the weekend since Wololo announced it could be used for homebrew.

Please note, it cannot be used AT ALL for piracy. So nobody need worry about that. Just to run some old emulators and free games. But Sony is (understandably) paranoid about such things since the PSP.

I wouldn't want to do to my Vita what I did to my PSP. 75% of the Vita requires online capabilities and locking it out by cracking the FW isn't something I'd want to be doing.

Vitacat

I wouldn't want to do to my Vita what I did to my PSP. 75% of the Vita requires online capabilities and locking it out by cracking the FW isn't something I'd want to be doing.

I really don't think the (current) Vita hackers are interested in doing anything that hurts the Vita. Like I said, this hack only lets you run some PSP homebrew software. That's all it can do, nothing more. Pretty harmless.

Vitacat

Thinking about picking up some Vita apps from PSN (when they finish maintenance). I have Mutant Blobs Attack. I'm considering these apps so far:

- Super Stardust Delta
- Zen Pinball (one group of tables)
- Escape Plan
- Sound Shapes

Probably will just get two of those today. The question is which two? I played demos of everything except Sound Shapes, and liked them all. If I choose Zen Pinball, what group of 4 tables is the best bang for the buck?

Carl

Thinking about picking up some Vita apps from PSN (when they finish maintenance). I have Mutant Blobs Attack. I'm considering these apps so far:

- Super Stardust Delta
- Escape Plan
- Sound Shapes

Probably will just get two of those today. The question is which two? I played demos of everything except Sound Shapes, and liked them all. If I choose Zen Pinball, what group of 4 tables is the best bang for the buck?

Stardust and Sound Shapes.

SteeloDMZ

Banned

- Super Stardust Delta
- Escape Plan
- Sound Shapes

I'd go with Sounds Shapes (great platform game with fantastic audiovisual presentation) and Zen Pinball 2 with the Classics Pack.

Ponn

Banned

- Super Stardust Delta
- Escape Plan
- Sound Shapes

You will get responses for SSD, which it is good. I highly suggest Zen Pinball, addictive, always adding new tables. I suggest PvZ table and one of the marvel packs. Most people will be playing the new Avengers pack.

Escape plan has a demo so you should try it yourself and see if you like it. Zen I think has trials on the all the tables to. I ended up passing on Sound Shapes because from what I read and saw the main game was fun and simple but short and the more meaty part was downloadable stages and making your own stuff which i'm just not that into. Same reason i'm probably passing on LBP Vita.

- Super Stardust Delta
- Escape Plan
- Sound Shapes

I have all 4 and while all really good I'd go for sound shapes and zen pinball. As for tables I went for the avengers assemble pack and the PVZ table. All seem really fun to play with pvz being easier to play and a good entry to pinball if you havnt played in a while. Got 193 million earlier today.

zroid

Banned
Good. I had already decided $2.99 would be about what I'd be willing to pay for this, so looks like I'll pick it up when available in NA! :)

Oh cool, definetly picking that up. Anyone know if it has trophies?

I'm pretty sure as a paid non-mini, it has to

TwoDurans

I don't plan on telling any of my friends about this game so they just look at me funny when I ask if they got my flowers.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So MHFU is going away? :( That was likely the only hope I had of playing PSP2 on a Vita, right?

Also, the guy I was going to buy the Vita from last week sold it while I was at work. Lame. I found another guy who will part with his Wifi with 8gig card for $160. That seems like a killer deal (had it listed at $200 and I threw that number out there since IT HAS NO GAMES
included in the deal
).

So MHFU is going away? :( That was likely the only hope I had of playing PSP2 on a Vita, right?

Also, the guy I was going to buy the Vita from last week sold it while I was at work. Lame. I found another guy who will part with his Wifi with 8gig card for $160. That seems like a killer deal (had it listed at $200 and I threw that number out there since IT HAS NO GAMES
included in the deal
).

Monster hunter and phantasy star are rather different games. Regardless you can also get monster hunter freedom 2. That's the one i got. Ragnarock is more like phantasy star online so maybe get that when it's released. Also gods eater burst is like a half way between monster hunter and psp2 as its much faster gameplay than mh.

Vitacat

included in the deal
).

Don't know for sure about MHFU, but it's likely that it will be pulled, at least temporarily to be patched.

As for the used Vita, that's a decent deal. Just be sure it's in good condition and you're OK with how it looks etc.

Wonko_C

!!!

Collect your cool-card in the way in.

I finally got back into it last night, when it clicks, it clicks. I went through the entire run of songs in one sitting, and by the end I was routinely breaking out excellent ranks. I've never had any real exposure to Hatsune Miku before this, but I will admit that there is some catchy stuff to be found here.

Good to see new players getting into it. I too didn't know anything about Vocaloid stuff until I played one of the PSP games. It says much about how the games are good enough on their own. I know there are people who don't find synthetic voices (and in another language to boot) appealing, but some of it grows on you (then infects your brain) after repeated plays.

I am the same with pretty much any music game: I didn't know 99% of the songs from Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Pump it Up, Elite Beat Agents, etc. but that didn't stop me from enjoying the games. What I'm trying to say is that even when it's about songs I don't like, being involved with them via controller/guitar/dance pad makes the experience worthwhile.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Monster hunter and phantasy star are rather different games. Regardless you can also get monster hunter freedom 2. That's the one i got. Ragnarock is more like phantasy star online so maybe get that when it's released. Also gods eater burst is like a half way between monster hunter and psp2 as its much faster gameplay than mh.

Oh, I meant as a way of homebrew emulating it. :p I've played a few renditions of MH and own GEB. Controls in GEB were a bit irritating, but the game was pretty fun.

Eastmen on Beyond3D wants to sell his 3G Vita with 32GB memcard and Uncharted for 249 usd. If I was in the US I'd buy it, even though I already have one ... He won it and isn't really into console gaming these days, mostly Western RPGs. Take his money I say!

sajj316

Anyone do that Gamer Club member price reduction for MGS Collection? I think it was $15 off the retail price. My brother got his copy a couple days ago and that's after signing up for Reward Zone -> Gamer Club that day!

TwoDurans

Anyone do that Gamer Club member price reduction for MGS Collection? I think it was $15 off the retail price. My brother got his copy a couple days ago and that's after signing up for Reward Zone -> Gamer Club that day!

I did. I ended up being totally pissed at Sony/Konami for locking my PS3 saves since they were made when the game came out instead of "post-transfaring patch".

Who gives a s**t if someone wants to cheat the trophy system? You still have their money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom