• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
...Lots of people?

Seriously? It's so much of a competition that people would actually be bothered if someone wanted to "cheat" a few trophies by using a older save? (keep in mind I'm talking about a save that was created in the HD collection about 9 months ago when it first came out.)

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Yes!? Otherwise people could just download a 100% save from the internet and get platinum instantly.

Right, but I'm wondering why that's a big deal. Who honestly cares? I'm reminded of when everyone was up in arms about how easy the achievements were for Avatar:TLA for the 360. You know what most of the people who were complaining about it did? Rented the game and got their easy achievements.

sajj316

Right, but I'm wondering why that's a big deal. Who honestly cares? I'm reminded of when everyone was up in arms about how easy the achievements were for Avatar:TLA for the 360. You know what most of the people who were complaining about it did? Rented the game and got their easy achievements.

umm .. GraveRobber would be pissed!

I don't think he cares either :)

Hanmik

Hmmm. I just saw lots of messages regarding treasure park, I deleted them before starting the game. No new sheets popped up and no points.! Is that normal.? Or is this because of maintenance.? Normally you can delete the messages and play the game afterwards.

Grinchy

Banned
Curse you, Grinchy!! Stopped at 21 AGAIN, what is with that number lol

aaand here we go again...

hahaha yes!! Finally. I was hoping that sheet would be a bit tricky.

Side note, after telling Near to download TP gifts automatically, it actually has been downloading them automatically from anyone who puts them up. I got 2 new ones today from my university campus.

Apath

I have one and I'm not sure about doubles, but it does add a few hours to play time.
Nice -- a few hours is good enough for me. How comfortable would you say it is? I've been getting cramps when playing the system for extended periods of time, so I'm hoping this will fix that.

Yes!? Otherwise people could just download a 100% save from the internet and get platinum instantly.

This should be as easy as having the PSN account and the ID of the PS3 where that save was created (from first time) into the save, encrypted. If the PS3 ID OR the PSN ID matches, give the trophies.

That should allow, for example, if you get a platinum, to get it into all your accounts. Or if you started the game in another PS3 (or Vita), but using your account (for example, if your PS3 broke) to get the platinum.

It won't allow to cheat with a "completed" save downloaded from the web, but it should still allow to use that save to play. Any save that is created from a loaded save that has been downloaded will still have the PS3 ID and the PSN account of the original guy who posted the save on the web, so you couldn't get any trophy (but still use the save).

Grinchy

Banned
Damn Zeer0id, I guessed where you put the jewel after a couple tries, but I didn't trust my gut. Ya bombed me. I was just starting a streak too. That was a well-placed sheet.

Noi

Personally, I'm still miffed that I'm getting punished because I chose to get the HD collection on day one instead of after the transfarring patch. I already did most of the VR missions/got nearly all the dog tags on PS3, but can't transfer my save over to the Vita version if/when I get it because of that dumb restriction. :/

Be careful when transferring 10+ PSX classics from your PS3, it can crash your vita.

Also, Jet Set Radio future question: buying the PS3 version doesn't get me the vita version, does it?

patsu

Nice -- a few hours is good enough for me. How comfortable would you say it is? I've been getting cramps when playing the system for extended periods of time, so I'm hoping this will fix that.

The Nyko Power grip is very comfortable; more comfortable than the DS3 hold for me, but it is heavy and big. I personally don't mind it since I like portable devices with a solid feel. I can see some people dislike it because of the heft. The comfort comes from the ergonomic handles and its material, but it also makes reaching the rear touchpad a little more further apart. You'll have to get used to it.

The Vita is also firmly seated/plugged in the grip, so you don't have to worry about it falling out when you recline -- unless you drop the entire thing a few feet down.

This should be as easy as having the PSN account and the ID of the PS3 where that save was created (from first time) into the save, encrypted. If the PS3 ID OR the PSN ID matches, give the trophies.

That should allow, for example, if you get a platinum, to get it into all your accounts. Or if you started the game in another PS3 (or Vita), but using your account (for example, if your PS3 broke) to get the platinum.

It won't allow to cheat with a "completed" save downloaded from the web, but it should still allow to use that save to play. Any save that is created from a loaded save that has been downloaded will still have the PS3 ID and the PSN account of the original guy who posted the save on the web, so you couldn't get any trophy (but still use the save).

That could work, but it wouldn't fix issues where the game has no trophy detection prior to patches or whatever (MGS4/Burnout/etc.). Hell, it doesn't even work that way with BBCSE; you still have to do all the stuff for character specifics to get them to repop on the system you transferred your save to.

zroid

Banned
Damn Zeer0id, I guessed where you put the jewel after a couple tries, but I didn't trust my gut. Ya bombed me. I was just starting a streak too. That was a well-placed sheet.

I stole ideas from yours and Laguna's, both sheets which defeated me today :p (his shortly after yours)

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Agreed. If you're going to allow people to exploit a system then why let it exist?
If you understand how it doesn't matter that people exploiting on any game's global leaderboards doesn't affect my friends-only leaderboards then you understand why there is still value in the system even if it can be exploited.

PSN Store is down (wonder if it has anything to do with the recent Vita hack) which apparently means I can't transfer any PSOne games from my PS3, pretty stupid. I also experienced a crash, transferring only four PSOne games.

Grinchy

Banned
So you guys are really enjoying Treasure Park, eh? I need to download it.

Before it came out I thought it looked the dumbest thing ever and couldn't believe anyone would care about its existence.

Now I get giddy when new sheets appear on my screen. It's way more fun than I thought it would be.

I'll redownload Treasure Park if I get a few friends to play it with, Reddit doesn't like the game at all and most of my friendslist is Reddit. (BlueMaximaC099)

patsu

I'll redownload Treasure Park if I get a few friends to play it with, Reddit doesn't like the game at all and most of my friendslist is Reddit. (BlueMaximaC099)

I won't blame your friends. This one is squarely on Sony. The designer either fuck up the UI intentionally, or he just doesn't care about accessibility. The thing has been sitting around for months after the Japan launch, so it can't be a time issue.

Carl

I won't blame your friends. This one is squarely on Sony. The designer either fuck up the UI intentionally, or he just doesn't care about accessibility. The thing has been sitting around for months after the Japan launch, so it can't be a time issue.

Pretty sure it only came out in Japan a few weeks ago..

Grinchy

Banned
I hate getting more than 10 sheets a day
okay not really
because then I want to send everyone something in return.

TOO BAD I CAN'T DO THAT EH GUYS? ):

Yeah the 10 limit is weird. And it also can be a bit time consuming if you actually want to send all 10 at once. So many loading screens to make just one happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom