• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
TP Pro tip of the day: Do not play while watching Monday Night Football
:(

I hope your vita didn't get a football fan related injury. You Raiders deserve all the anguish you can get, but to take it out on an innocent vita would be downright shameful.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
I hope your vita didn't get a football fan related injury. You Raiders deserve all the anguish you can get, but to take it out on an innocent vita would be downright shameful.
Nah, nothing like that. I just ended my 10 game win streak, because I'm paying too much attention to the Raiders game.

OmegaZero

Also, watching the AC3 Liberation gameplay videos has made me realize that the game doesn't display at native res.

Not that I was expecting it to.

VanWinkle

Also, watching the AC3 Liberation gameplay videos has made me realize that the game doesn't display at native res.

Not that I was expecting it to.

I'm figuring it won't be native res, but can you show me the video that led you to that conclusion? I haven't really been able to tell either way from the videos I've seen.

All that Treasure Park.

Dat Treasure Park and Project Diva f is too much for the little guy to handle!

iGTsQaRJBOYKH.jpg

I wish I did a bit better, but I got just below Excellent on Hard, so good enough.

branny

I was watching some videos of PDf and really like how it condensed the post-song info dump. Earlier games felt like they took a little long with that. I need Technika Tune to come out so the temptation to import PDf goes away. :(

Any chance of free/discounted Zen Pinball 2 tables in NA anytime soon?
I like the Moon Knight table a lot and the Ghost Rider one was pretty good too... but I don't know that they're $10 good...

I was watching some videos of PDf and really like how it condensed the post-song info dump. Earlier games felt like they took a little long with that. I need Technika Tune to come out so the temptation to import PDf goes away. :(
you should give in it's super good

Plus there's only, like, 1 bad song so far.

I like the Moon Knight table a lot and the Ghost Rider one was pretty good too... but I don't know that they're $10 good...
If they want to boost sales because of ZP2 coming out, I'd say hell yeah a discount is close. But... I have no clue. ):

Mine locks up multiple times a day since the firmware update. I'm assuming (hoping?) it's that and not signs of a dying vita.
I haven't had any lockups. Perhaps it's Treasure Park + Near ? (Since I don't play TP at all 8^P).
I'm hoping it's not gonna drop dead, too. ): But it might be TP related, but it's only locked up on TP once. Other times I was just browsing the live area.

branny

The last handheld pinball game I took seriously was Pokemon Pinball. Seeing the kind of pinball we have now is really making me rethink my stance on only liking pinball in person. I'd love a sale, too.

I haven't had any lockups. Perhaps it's Treasure Park + Near ? (Since I don't play TP at all 8^P).
With the way that TP is so anxious to connect and reconnect to PSN, it wouldn't surprise me.

Plus there's only, like, 1 bad song so far.
In terms of note chart or just how it sounds? I'm not the biggest fan of overly poppy bland Miku songs, but they are more forgettable than offensive to me. The only one in Extend that I absolutely hated was The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku--it didn't sound particularly great and the note charts for it were kind of crappy. =\

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
I'm on Treasure Park + Near a lot, but haven't suffered any crashes. Near does however, take a while to update since the firmware upgrade. Location finding and info sending is fine, but the updating that comes afterwards freakin takes too long.

Vitacat

PSN is back up... and MHFU is still there. :p

Wololo said he will release the new VHBL files after MHFU is pulled. So, yeah. Well played, Sony. Well played.

Hanmik

hmm.. a little question ,,

I have a Wifi-only Vita. I´m seeing very weak Wifi performance on my Vita.
I have a good wireless router at home that works like a charm with all my other devices (laptop, iPad, HTC phones, internet radio and PS3). But the signal strength on the Vita is just very weak.
In my bedroom I get 80+% signal on my PS3, but my Vita only shows one bar, and looses connection sometimes. Even my HTC phones get better reception in my bedroom.

So I was thinking it could be my router that is causing this. So today I brought my Vita with me to work. But the same story here. We even have 2 different wifi points. But the same both places, weak connection with my Vita, no matter how far away from the router I am. Ok I can get full bars if I stand right next to the routers, but that should not be necessary..

so does anybody else in here have weak Wifi on their Vita..?

Takao

Banned
hmm.. a little question ,,

I have a Wifi-only Vita. I´m seeing very weak Wifi performance on my Vita.
I have a good wireless router at home that works like a charm with all my other devices (laptop, iPad, HTC phones, internet radio and PS3). But the signal strength on the Vita is just very weak.
In my bedroom I get 80+% signal on my PS3, but my Vita only shows one bar, and looses connection sometimes. Even my HTC phones get better reception in my bedroom.

So I was thinking it could be my router that is causing this. So today I brought my Vita with me to work. But the same story here. We even have 2 different wifi points. But the same both places, weak connection with my Vita, no matter how far away from the router I am. Ok I can get full bars if I stand right next to the routers, but that should not be necessary..

so does anybody else in here have weak Wifi on their Vita..?

yep

Hanmik

Near is strange... I live on some small Islands called the Faroe Islands. In my hometown Hósvik near sometimes tells me that 80+ people are playing nearby. But here at work in Tórshavn it says 5 people are playing nearby..
In my hometown there lives less than 300 people.. and in Tórshavn there lives more than 10.0000 people... haha how does that work..? what data does Near use to find people playing nearby..? does it also find PS3 users..? or only Vita users..?

Darkangus

Near is strange... I live on some small Islands called the Faroe Islands. In my hometown Hósvik near sometimes tells me that 80+ people are playing nearby. But here at work in Tórshavn it says 5 people are playing nearby..
In my hometown there lives less than 300 people.. and in Tórshavn there lives more than 10.0000 people... haha how does that work..? what data does Near use to find people playing nearby..? does it also find PS3 users..? or only Vita users..?

I think that it counts the hits in that zone, not people that live there. In my opinion it adds the number of Vitas that have passed trough you zone.

Hanmik

I think that it counts the hits in that zone, not people that live there. In my opinion it adds the number of Vitas that have passed trough you zone.

That is what i thought too.. but because I live in a small city with less than 300 people living there, and there are no major roads or Wifi points there, it just seems strange that it finds 80+ people, when it only finds 5+ people here in the biggest city with 10.000 people and almost all of the 48.000 people living on these Islands passing through here all the time..

it just seems strange to me..

Prozel

So how's Final Fantasy 6 on the Vita? I've never played it before, but I've heard it's really slow, but since the Vita has the fast loading option I've reconsidered it.

Darkangus

That is what i thought too.. but because I live in a small city with less than 300 people living there, and there are no major roads or Wifi points there, it just seems strange that it finds 80+ people, when it only finds 5+ people here in the biggest city with 10.000 people and almost all of the 48.000 people living on these Islands passing through here all the time..

it just seems strange to me..

Yep it stange... the range on the two spots are the same? In my house I get 30+ hits with 1.5km of range and on my fathers vacation house i got 3 hits with 5 km. Maybe the scale can mess with the hits... Wild guess... lllooolll ;)

I bought all the games in the PSN sale and I still have to try it, but I will be glad right Turkish?

For FFVI, turn off bilinear filtering and when you see those BEAUTIFUL colors and sprites just pop on that OLED you won't mind. Trust me! Don't turn on Fast Loading though, because it will actually increase the loading times. Going into a menu with Fast Loading off is about 2-3 seconds, coming back out is about 4-5 seconds. With Fast Loading on, it adds about 1.5 seconds and sometimes more. It's the way the game was coded.

Darkangus

For FFVI, turn off bilinear filtering and when you see those BEAUTIFUL colors and sprites just pop on that OLED you won't mind. Trust me! Don't turn on Fast Loading though, because it will actually increase the loading times. Going into a menu with Fast Loading off is about 2-3 seconds, coming back out is about 4-5 seconds. With Fast Loading on, it adds about 1.5 seconds and sometimes more. It's the way the game was coded.

Thanks for the hints... =)

Will try to play it after I end my game of shame on the Vita: Dungeon Hunter.
I think that i'm the only one playing it on Gaf because no one wants to play with me... =( lllloooollll

Hanmik

PS1

Rayman
Was – €4.99/£3.99 Now – €2.49/£1.99

Rayman 2 – The Great Escape

Driver

Resident Evil Director’s Cut
Was – €9.99/£7.99 Now – €4.99/£3.99

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Ridge Racer Type 4

Tekken 2

Tekken

Namco Heritage bundle (Ridge Racer Type 4 + Tekken)
Was – €6.99/£5.49 Now – €4.49/£3.69

Namco Museum

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/09/11/retro-games-sale-more-titles-added/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom