• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

Looks fairly interesting, and i like the idea of trying to maintain the circle of life. It'll be like The Lion King... ;)

Not sure i like the idea of having to go outside to get creatures though :(. Haha

At least Europeans will have something to play tomorrow, between this and SunFlowers.

Carl

Bug @Playstation if you have twitter.

If not, bug them in the Store comments section later. Or bug Morgan (he has an account here)

Dissidias multiplayer is just amazing. It reminds me of the fun you get from halo/smash bros because you get to create your own game types. Me and my friends put in like 4 hours playing this game. The one hit K.O.s "ex centric" match ups were sooooo fun. I recommend the game to any vita owner.

Tiamant

It looks just so good for being free, I can't believe they didn't gave the game more serious treatment and go to retail, looks like a good game for kids and the crowd that likes farmville.

Anyway, most hyped release for my vita since gravity rush.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Ecolibrium looks pretty cool, I'm liking these free apps they put out.

Also, Ridge Racer Type 4 on sales, this is what I was waiting for, can get a whole other game with the savings.

Carl

Resident Evil 2 or 3.

Not played them in so long I can't remember which is the better game. What says VitaGAF?!

Never played either of them, sorry Dannio.

It looks just so good for being free, I can't believe they didn't gave the game more serious treatment and go to retail, looks like a good game for kids and the crowd that likes farmville.

Anyway, most hyped release for my vita since gravity rush.

Agreed, it looks like there is a lot to it for being free. I can see them releasing a lot of content packs for it as microtransactions... lots of different animals and stuff.

Tiamant

The design looks consistent and not over the top (Invizimals, I'm looking at you) and has that Spore vibe that I love.

Also, mineral patches from Starcraft! zomg

Hanmik

sent a message their way...

Dont know why companies dont just port their crap for easy money, terraria and minecraft are nice fits for Vita, and they cant be too hard to port given the hw on the vita.

your sheet just killed my streak.. damn you..

Vitacat

Been playing Gravity Rush. Some thoughts:

+ beautiful, amazing environment and style
+ gravity mechanic is fun and never gets old for me
+ fun to explore and search for gems
- music, while well done, gets very repetitive after a while -- needs more variety

I haven't been trying to advance the story much; just having fun looking around for gems and grinding. For certain types of gamers, this game could be a system seller for the Vita. It's an experience you can't find anywhere else, and for the most part it works very well.

Resident Evil 2 or 3.

Not played them in so long I can't remember which is the better game. What says VitaGAF?!

2 IMO. Unfortunately in the US we can't actually buy the RE's on Vita (yet). But if I could I would get RE2.

Darkangus

Been playing Gravity Rush. Some thoughts:

+ beautiful, amazing environment and style
+ gravity mechanic is fun and never gets old for me
+ fun to explore and search for gems
- music, while well done, gets very repetitive after a while -- needs more variety

I haven't been trying to advance the story much; just having fun looking around for gems and grinding. For certain types of gamers, this game could be a system seller for the Vita. It's an experience you can't find anywhere else, and for the most part it works very well.

I loved the game, I played the game with no rush (no pun intended) and could't stop playing till the end of the main game and all the DLC.

Don´t go out of your way to grind for gems because you don´t need to do that, I had fun going on my own way and follow the clusters of gems as they appear. SO much fun... =)

Hanmik

dont feel bad, it killed Zeer0id's 21 sheet streak :)
You feel better now dont you?

nope... my 5 sheet streak was better.. (going to dig a big hole now..)

it sucks just sitting here at work with my Vita right in front of me.. and I just cannot play on it.. damn you work..

mauaus

nope... my 5 sheet streak was better.. (going to dig a big hole now..)

it sucks just sitting here at work with my Vita right in front of me.. and I just cannot play on it.. damn you work..

im on the same boat, but nothing stops me from enjoying gaf, my favourite Rpg :p

OK this may have already been noticed but I only just thought to check. Since the 1.8 update I can use my hotspot on my iPhone.

Vita saved hurray.

Oh and anyone who wants to give me more scores to beat on zen pinball 2 add me (name is same as username here).

Currently on 193 million on PvZ.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Do you guys recommend the official Sony screen protector thingies? Does it give the touch screen a weird texture?

Outside of air bubbles and the edges of the screen, nah. It feels like it's not there at all.

Vitacat

looks like Sony likes to advertise on their blog..

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/11/lets-fish-hooked-on-aims-to-reel-in-ps-vita-gamers/

Let’s Fish! Hooked On Aims To Reel In PS Vita Gamers

why is it that I only hear about Vita games on the blog..?

Hmm, not a game that interests me, but cool for those who like it.

As for Sony advertising -- SCEA certainly doesn't believe in it. They don't actually want people to buy Vitas, I guess.

Outside of air bubbles and the edges of the screen, nah. It feels like it's not there at all.

Yeah, I have one installed. You won't even notice it's on, and it's nice knowing the actual screen won't get scratched. Also, if you're careful you can get zero air bubbles. I have none.

Carl

that is that Island with the "girls" at the doors right,,..? I think that part of the music was the best too..

I dunno, but i think it's this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxIC6Vu1ee0&feature=bf_next&list=PL4AA2CAF1947F471A

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/11/lets-fish-hooked-on-aims-to-reel-in-ps-vita-gamers/

Well it is partly a marketing blog. They would be sucking a bit if they didn't use it for marketing :p

Shinriji

At least there is some exposure of Vita games.

About Let's Try Fish On NEXT, it has a tentative release date "just before christmas" and will be retail.

LetsFish_2D_RNG.jpg

bigpumbaa

I've got an AC:3 Crystal White Vita on preorder and I keep on vacillating back and forth between canceling it and waiting or just biting the bullet this holiday season.

I'm in a bit of a funny place with Vita right now. It looks like there are some decent games coming, certainly. It also seems like it's on track to get even less support than the PSP. Sony's essentially ignoring the thing and third parties seem to be following suit.

Decisions, decisions.

KalBalboa

Banned
Resident Evil 2 or 3.

RE2 is easily the best of the 'true' REs.

2 IMO. Unfortunately in the US we can't actually buy the RE's on Vita (yet). But if I could I would get RE2.

Resident Evil 2 is without a doubt my favorite in the series, and if you have it downloaded onto your PS3 you can copy it right over to the Vita. Playing it late at night with headphones on while laying in bed is the best way to revisit old survival horror games, and RE2 is probably the cream of the crop right next to the original Silent Hill.

mauaus

I've got an AC:3 Crystal White Vita on preorder and I keep on vacillating back and forth between canceling it and waiting or just biting the bullet this holiday season.

I'm in a bit of a funny place with Vita right now. It looks like there are some decent games coming, certainly. It also seems like it's on track to get even less support than the PSP. Sony's essentially ignoring the thing and third parties seem to be following suit.

Decisions, decisions.

Just buy it and dont listen to the haters, the vita is awesome and it has plenty of games, like Mutant blobs attack! for just $7.99

Decisions, decisions.

It has better games than any handheld Ive owned so far for the same time period after launch.

Carl

Decisions, decisions.

I don't understand the "Sony is essentially ignoring the thing" argument. No, no they are not. I counted all of the games on Vita the other day, and who published them. I can't remember the exact numbers, but it was something like 32 third party published games and 24 first party published. Sony on their own has published almost as many games as all the other publishers put together.

Decisions, decisions.

There are quite a few games coming over the next few months. Throw in the PSP, minis and PSOne classics support and then also this year PS Mobile (should open the flood gates for indie games and apps) and I think support will be just fine by end of year / start of 2013.

There are also a lot of vita games already out. However only you can decide if the library appeals to you.

Carl

I got that "please wait" glitch in Treasure Park so i'm telling it to piss off for now. Can't be arsed to delete all my messages. Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom