• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly the PSN games are what is making the Vita pretty special. Not the console ports of games.
I think the retail games have been fairly decent (especially at launch) but I'm inclined to agree with you, especially since Sound Shapes is probably my favorite game on the system.

Speaking of which, I'd love to see a few more plays on my levels. ;)

KalBalboa

Banned
I've got an AC:3 Crystal White Vita on preorder and I keep on vacillating back and forth between canceling it and waiting or just biting the bullet this holiday season.

I'm in a bit of a funny place with Vita right now. It looks like there are some decent games coming, certainly. It also seems like it's on track to get even less support than the PSP. Sony's essentially ignoring the thing and third parties seem to be following suit.

Decisions, decisions.

Go for it. I played some Escape Plan for the first time in months last night and forgot how imaginative that game was. You really can't get a game like it anywhere else thanks to the back touch and graphical pedigree the Vita brings to the table. The free DLC is great, too.

And that's not even one of the best games on the machine.

bigpumbaa

There are quite a few games coming over the next few months. Throw in the PSP, minis and PSOne classics support and then also this year PS Mobile (should open the flood gates for indie games and apps) and I think support will be just fine by end of year / start of 2013.

There are also a lot of vita games already out. However only you can decide if the library appeals to you.

Thanks for the level-headed response. The digital side of things I was kind of blind to. Like the PS3, I can imagine this thing eventually becoming a beast for beautiful, indie games that are only available via DD.

Sucks that I'll have to spend another $100 for a memory card - but I think this is reason enough to stick with the preorder.

Also - DAT AC3...

hmm. haven´t found the time to play it yet... maybe I should add you (or you add me) and play some tables.. ?

go for it. I want scores to beat. I have the avengers assemeble collection and PvZ. Currently on 193 million on PvZ and want someone to beat me to spur me on again. World top is like 899 million or something wacky. Although thats tiny compared to the top scores on some of the other tables.

looks like Sony likes to advertise on their blog..

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/11/lets-fish-hooked-on-aims-to-reel-in-ps-vita-gamers/

Let’s Fish! Hooked On Aims To Reel In PS Vita Gamers

why is it that I only hear about Vita games on the blog..?
If this is anything like XSEED/Prope's Fishing Resort from last year on the Wii, I'm down and I don't even like fishing. This is the kind of game that I can see myself downloading and coming back to every now and then for a quick fix.

RE2 is easily the best of the 'true' REs.

Most people say this, but I dunno. RE3 is no slouch. Between the constant stalking/threat of the Nemesis showing up and the fact that it's got the first iteration of Mercenaries on it, I have a tough time choosing between RE3 and RE2.

Resident Evil 2 is without a doubt my favorite in the series, and if you have it downloaded onto your PS3 you can copy it right over to the Vita. Playing it late at night with headphones on while laying in bed is the best way to revisit old survival horror games, and RE2 is probably the cream of the crop right next to the original Silent Hill.

I don't think SH has aged well. I've never played anything in that series other than Homecoming and a bit of SH2 on the PS2; so I decided to check out SH cause PS+ gave it to us for free. I barely made it to the first save point before I decided I couldn't deal with the gameplay and deleted it off my Vita.

Thanks for the level-headed response. The digital side of things I was kind of blind to. Like the PS3, I can imagine this thing eventually becoming a beast for beautiful, indie games that are only available via DD.

Sucks that I'll have to spend another $100 for a memory card - but I think this is reason enough to stick with the preorder.

Also - DAT AC3...

Aye. AC:L looks pretty damn sweet.

Carl

MBA did have one of the best endings of any game in recent memory, though. It was fantastic.

Speaking of drinkbox, any news on a Guacamelee! release date?

There's some great footage from PAX around on YouTube.

They're hoping to have development finished this year, for a release in early 2013.

spannicus

OK, getting my Vita after work...Any info/guides/articles on setting it up as a EU console from the US and the benefits?
EU gets better deals on games and what seems to be more support from their division. Should be simple when you are setting up your vita. Just choose EU as your location when it asks you where u are. The memory card will be locked to your EU account so switching will require multiple cards. There should be a few threads here on Gaf or just ask these highly intelligent Vita owners. :)

Carl

Bear in mind though, if you use an EU account you will have to buy the right currency PSN cards from the internet (Euros of Sterling, depending which country you say you live in)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Registered! (i think...)
I like the mutant blobs attack requirement to be part of vitagaf, mba was the first game i bought on vita and one of the reasons why i bought a vita :D

KalBalboa

Banned
I think the retail games have been fairly decent (especially at launch) but I'm inclined to agree with you, especially since Sound Shapes is probably my favorite game on the system.

Speaking of which, I'd love to see a few more plays on my levels. ;)

Got 50 of the 51 in Thrill Seeker- I'm not 100% sure my score and time posted though thanks to my tethered phone. I couldn't make a dent in Cocoa ****, but I still dug what you were doing with it.

And, damnit, I need one more Treasure Park puzzle to hit B. Anybody want to send one my way? Near came up dry earlier.

Got 50 of the 51 in Thrill Seeker- I'm not 100% sure my score and time posted though thanks to my tethered phone. I couldn't make a dent in Cocoa ****, but I still dug what you were doing with it.
Awesome man, thanks for trying them out. Based on the completion times and average deaths I get the impression that I might have made them a bit too difficult. No one has managed to get all 51 notes on Thrill Seeker.

Also, the level is called Cocoa Puff but apparently Sound Shapes thinks that's a naughty word. :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Bear in mind though, if you use an EU account you will have to buy the right currency PSN cards from the internet (Euros of Sterling, depending which country you say you live in)

Living in the USA, will this be difficult/overly expensive? Or do we have EU GAF folk who help hook us up for retail price?

In terms of note chart or just how it sounds? I'm not the biggest fan of overly poppy bland Miku songs, but they are more forgettable than offensive to me. The only one in Extend that I absolutely hated was The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku--it didn't sound particularly great and the note charts for it were kind of crappy. =\
I haven't played much of the song(only half-assed it once) but I feel "Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya!" has both a bad note chart and sound. The BPM also changes almost instantly sometimes, too, so it's frustrating.

*play TGH, Branny and Oyashiro-sama's sheets in a row*

*bomb all three on the first scratch*

:(
Just keep at it! You'll get better over time.

damn, already on hard. You're fast! xD
I still have about 8 or so songs to do on normal, but I'm just naturally gifted!

if you want Terraria on Vita, go ask for it on their facebook page. They might not listen, but we don't know unless we try ;) http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....400043270061579.90569.149488785117030&type=1
I am never touching this game again.

looks like Sony likes to advertise on their blog..

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/11/lets-fish-hooked-on-aims-to-reel-in-ps-vita-gamers/

Let’s Fish! Hooked On Aims To Reel In PS Vita Gamers

why is it that I only hear about Vita games on the blog..?
megaton material here i come

That just means we have 9 days to hit OT5!
3.5k or so posts in 9 days could happen.

Vitacat

So VHBL is pretty cool. Mostly messing about just out of curiosity; don't plan to waste much gaming time on emulators, but yeah, works great.

GBA with 5" OLED screen and best DPAD ever. LOL.

Foshy

Gross. There's a hack already?

There has been one (for PSP mode at least) for a while. Recently a new exploit using MHFU was released but Sony has pulled it already and fixed it.

Also there is seemingly a Vita mode hack in the works, but AFAIK it's not coming soon.

Kyon

Banned
Grim I'm not here for this. You said you'd keep your other avatar for a while. You can't last one day without changing it :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, what a difference a second stick makes in making Monster Hunter go from "Ugh," to "Okay, this is playable but kinda boring... where is my PSO2? :(?"

Of course, I haven't gotten to the big monsters yet so let's see how long it stays boring/camera-isn't-terrible that made me quit the game at least five damn times on the first PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom