• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is LBP again?
2 weeks, I think!

Your avatar flip flopping is ALWAYS the subject :p
more like never always ever the subject

TWO TWENTY!!!!! WOOT!

In other news, I wish TT2 was coming for Vita :(
Someone stop this man. Having a too good score in ZP2 PvZ and a good opinion.

Wow, what a difference a second stick makes in making Monster Hunter go from "Ugh," to "Okay, this is playable but kinda boring... where is my PSO2? :(?"

Of course, I haven't gotten to the big monsters yet so let's see how long it stays boring/camera-isn't-terrible that made me quit the game at least five damn times on the first PSP
At least to me, the camera isn't really much better since it's mostly all clicks instead of fluid. It's lame and I always find myself hitting the right stick to adjust only for it to fuck me further.

I need some Vita buddies to get competitive with in Treasure Park and Zen Pinball. Add me up if you fancy it (PSN is jiggles)

Added you and OmegaTreeFish. If anyone else needs someone on his Zen Pinball leaderboards add me: slaughterbaron

I'm currently playing the PvZ and the Avengers tables, but I'm already looking into buying another pack. Not sure which one, though.

Shinriji

The google doc is a nice idea. I have a spreadsheet with all vita games, and some additional information as well. I can send the links for vitabros. Shoot me a PM.

People always struggle to find it when you hide it with email tags.

I think there's a way for lurkers to get past the e-mail tags now, too. There has been a lack of thanking in the "Free to a good home" thread.

Well, either that or GAFfers are starting to be dicks. I don't think that, though!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Aye. AC:L looks pretty damn sweet.

I'm more hyped/interested in AC3:L than AC3, the new stuff they add (block,new combat system,jump button,outfit system,the setting, female assassin,No Desmond segments) just make the game way more interesting and unique than all of the other AC games.

Will buy AC3:L day one and wait for AC3 to get cheaper.

Carl

I'm more hyped/interested in AC3:L than AC3, the new stuff they add (block,new combat system,jump button,outfit system,the setting, female assassin,No Desmond segments) just make the game way more interesting and unique than all of the other AC games.

Basically how i feel too. Looks way more interesting than AC3 to me. And i want it to sell well to show Ubi all of their effort is worth it.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Basically how i feel too. Looks way more interesting than AC3 to me. And i want it to sell well to show Ubi all of their effort is worth it.

I have no interest in the Assassin's Creed franchise, but even I'm intrigued by Liberation. I don't know what it is. Maybe I'm in need of a new Vita game, maybe the story interests me, hell maybe I'm just excited about the tactual stealth canoe... I'll be buying this day one.

Hey guys, we got the PS1 games everyone wanted here in NA. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/11/playstation-store-update-256/

PS1 Classics (added to PS Vita Store)

• Reel Fishing
  • Reel Fishing 2
  • Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
  • Dirt Jockey
  • TNN Motorsports Hardcore 4×4
  • Perfect Weapon
  • Ten Pin Alley
  • Reloaded
  • Mass Destruction
  • One
  • N20 Nitrous Oxide
  • Dead in the Water
  • Monster Bass!
  • Sorcerer’s Maze
  • XS Moto
  • Jigsaw Madness
  • XS Junior League Soccer
  • Mobile Lightforce
  • XS Junior League Football
  • XS Junior League Dodgeball
  • XS Airboat Racing

Glix

Added you and OmegaTreeFish. If anyone else needs someone on his Zen Pinball leaderboards add me: slaughterbaron

I'm currently playing the PvZ and the Avengers tables, but I'm already looking into buying another pack. Not sure which one, though.

Added. Brace yourself!

Living in the USA, will this be difficult/overly expensive? Or do we have EU GAF folk who help hook us up for retail price?

I don't think it makes any financial sense for your main PSN account to not match your actual physical region. I only put up with switching to JP from time to time because there's content there I want I can't get locally. I'm mainly after retail Vita games, where there isn't really much of a content gap between Europe and NA that I can perceive.

In fact, one of the four games I own a Vita for is something that is confirmed I can get in NA that has no such confirmation for Europe (DJ MAX Technika Tune).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't think it makes any financial sense for your main PSN account to not match your actual physical region. I only put up with switching to JP from time to time because there's content there I want I can't get locally. I'm mainly after retail Vita games, where there isn't really much of a content gap between Europe and NA that I can perceive.

I guess I was thinking in terms of PSN sales and content. If NA is catching up, I won't bother with it, though.

StuBurns

Banned
I still can't get my video to copy over, I've tried everything I can find online, the media support for this is every bit as dog shit as it's predecessor.

EDIT: I might have cracked it. Apparently the Vita can't playback MP4's without an audio track.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
To be honest, the EU sale price probably isn't far off from the regular US price most of the time :p

I guess I never really thought about that, haha.

Also, that list of PS1 games IS really terrible. What's the thought process on some of those (like Jigsaw Madness or the XS sports titles)?

In fact, one of the four games I own a Vita for is something that is confirmed I can get in NA that has no such confirmation for Europe (DJ MAX Technika Tune).

Waiting for the releasedate on that, if I don't find the korean LE.

11 diamonds found in a row now, nice (^_^)

The amount of maps I'm receiving is diminishing a bit now, not everyone is returning the favor. I'll look for some new people to send maps to.

The upcoming PSOne discounts are great, SCEE is doing a fine job while SCEA seems to be doing a fine job at trolling.

Grinchy

Banned
lol I love getting a "hole in one" on treasure park. I think this was my 2nd one, got it yesterday. Part luck, part educated guess.

tGVprl.jpg

Awesome. I'm currently top on my tables and I want some higher scores to try and beat. I also got the street fighter 2 table today which I think is pretty fun. Takes a while to learn some of these tables and PvZ is by far the easiest one so far (but still awesome).

Yup I'm with you. I liked brotherhood but revaltions bored me to stop playing after a few hours. 1 was ok but too repetitive and 2 was better but I still only really liked getting the view points and hidden tombs. Desmond's story is a total snooze fest as well. Liberation does away with both that and some of the simpler mechanics (aka auto platform) and will be a lot better because of it I feel.

I find it very hard to care about ezios and altiers stories because the are just memories that advance Desmond's story. In liberations it's all about the assassin which I think will work a lot better.

Grinchy

Banned
Got some really good sheets today... I'm going to have to make a hard one and send it out.

Sorry, ApeKing, I did one-shot you :p

V6QfDl.jpg

Derrick01

Banned
I've got an AC:3 Crystal White Vita on preorder and I keep on vacillating back and forth between canceling it and waiting or just biting the bullet this holiday season.

I'm in a bit of a funny place with Vita right now. It looks like there are some decent games coming, certainly. It also seems like it's on track to get even less support than the PSP. Sony's essentially ignoring the thing and third parties seem to be following suit.

Decisions, decisions.

I know your position as I am in the same exact one. I don't like to buy systems that look like there's a solid chance of not getting good support (it rarely happens outside of Nintendo stuff).

But I managed to convince myself that there's enough decent to good looking stuff out right now and the next calender year looks...alright I guess, enough to get a Vita. I'm also going to buy the AC:L bundle and go from there, at least that game looks amazing. I recommend really experimenting with various games and genres you may not be interested in at first glance. Vita is not a system you want to be extra picky with.

KalBalboa

Banned
I need to buy Future Cop: LAPD digitally so I can test it everytime we get additions or a PS3/Vita firmware update.

When does Sunflowers hit the NA PSN?

TheContact

Hey guys I just bought the Vita and I bought Wild Arms for PSOne, is there any way to make it full screen? With the PSP you would hit the Menu button but there's no such thing here =x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom