• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to get a Vita on Verizon's 3G service? Maybe a sim card swap?

It really irritates me that Sony went with AT&T for this stuff. :/

StuBurns

Banned
It looks like Final Fantasy 3 has a chance to be released in the west...

http://portal.mj.gov.br/Classificac...JogoForm.do?select_action=&tbjogo_codigo=4822

This is the ESRB rating from Brazil, BTW.
Makes sense, new SE trademarks hint at a possible 25th anniversary collection, if it's to be Sony only like the Japanese one, they need to get 3 out worldwide.

As much as I think it's a fairly weak game, I'd probably shamelessly double dip to feel that disappointment all again.

Thanks RpgN for sending me the same puzzle that killed me this afternoon, I didn't remember where the diamond was, but I sure remembered the location of that bomb! (^_^)

Just tried Ecolibrium, not sure if it is my kind of game, seems like it would demand a lot of time.

RR4 and Driver are on my Vita, awesome.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Can someone give me the low-down on Little King's Story. Is it a port of the Wii game, or something totally new? I'm not seeing a ton of information online...

KalBalboa

Banned
Thanks RpgN for sending me the same puzzle that killed me this afternoon, I didn't remember where the diamond was, but I sure remembered the location of that bomb! (^_^)

Just tried Ecolibrium, not sure if it is my kind of game, seems like it would demand a lot of time.

I'd love for Driver to hit the US PSN. How does it feel on the Vita? It looks rough on a 40" but maybe the Vita's screen makes it easier on the eyes.

RpgN

Ahaha, I wasn't sure wether I already sent you the same sheet :p Tomorrow you'll get a new one!

I'll try Ecolibrium in a minute but before that, I'll need to continue with SunFlowers. The demo hooked me straight and I just bought the game. It's addictive as hell and it's a steal for 2,39 pounds. The game has different control methods but I find myself enjoying it the most with the rear touch pad. It's cool that you continue with your progress straight if you purchase the game right away, I continued with level 7 difficulty.

The game has two worlds or rather two themes that have different seasons in them. So the game doesn't have many levels or anything like that, it's a highscore type of game and one that encourages you to collect all the flowers (over 300) and trade them on Near. The higher the difficulty the more rare flowers you find. The game has good presentation, fitting music and the game is what you'd expect, which is good! This came out of nowhere for me and I find myself increasing that Vita library some more. It makes sense why the game is cheap since it doesn't have many skins or different modes, but it's well worth it.

Sintoid

Bought Sun Flowers - 2 thoughts

1) DAT OLED!
2) I want a vertical scrolling shooter! Rotating Vita by 90 degrees clockwise lets you still use one analog stick and four buttons!!!!

What the hell is the hold up with Sine Mora? I fired up my copy I bought for 360 the other week when it was on sale for 800 points and I was loving it. I want this on my Vita. NOW. It's been playable at shows before, so why is there no release date? Better yet, why isn't it out?!

--

Is Sunflowers coming to US? Or is another dropped ball by SCEA like the PSOne support and Frobisher Says?

RpgN

1) DAT OLED!
2) I want a vertical scrolling shooter! Rotating Vita by 90 degrees clockwise lets you still use one analog stick and four buttons!!!!

It lookes gorgeous on dat OLED indeed. Though I hate hate HATE when trophies don't sync with the server. ToMB had it (not sure if it's resolved) and now this too. Not sure if this is deliberate...What's the point in keeping those trophies on your Vita only?

dsigns1

What the hell is the hold up with Sine Mora? I fired up my copy I bought for 360 the other week when it was on sale for 800 points and I was loving it. I want this on my Vita. NOW. It's been playable at shows before, so why is there no release date? Better yet, why isn't it out?!

--

Is Sunflowers coming to US? Or is another dropped ball by SCEA like the PSOne support and Frobisher Says?

Developer said its coming some time next month.

kassatsu

Banned

--

1) At E3 I was told "soon" for Sine Mora, but that is a BS answer.

2) Yup sunflowers is coming to US.

1) DAT OLED!

VITA-Bullethell.gif

Some day! :<

zroid

Banned
It's awkward enough as is to hold the Vita in portrait orientation without having to try and navigate a bullet hell. Nothx.

Tiamant

Is Ecolibrium made in Spain? Watching the credits most of the name are spanish. If so, hells yeah, we have the portable monopoly of creature games!

Sintoid

It lookes gorgeous on dat OLED indeed. Though I hate hate HATE when trophies don't sync with the server. ToMB had it (not sure if it's resolved) and now this too. Not sure if this is deliberate...What's the point in keeping those trophies on your Vita only?

Montezuma trophy problem is solved, are you sure that Sunflower have the same problem? I saw many of my friends that got torphies via Livearea so it seems that they had no problem with synch...

kitzkozan

Makes sense, new SE trademarks hint at a possible 25th anniversary collection, if it's to be Sony only like the Japanese one, they need to get 3 out worldwide.

As much as I think it's a fairly weak game, I'd probably shamelessly double dip to feel that disappointment all again.

I'll get it to complete the FF collection on one handheld, even if I could buy it the DS version. :p That's assuming that FF X is indeed coming, but I still want the PSP remakes of I & II on the PSN store since they seems to be the best version of these outdated games.

I'd love for Driver to hit the US PSN. How does it feel on the Vita? It looks rough on a 40" but maybe the Vita's screen makes it easier on the eyes.

It is still downloading PSN seems to be amazingly slow tonight, it is like going back to the nineties or something :^(
RR4 looks nice, but like with many games on the Vita the contrast seems to be a bit too high.

Ahaha, I wasn't sure wether I already sent you the same sheet :p Tomorrow you'll get a new one!

I'll try Ecolibrium in a minute but before that, I'll need to continue with SunFlowers. The demo hooked me straight and I just bought the game. It's addictive as hell and it's a steal for 2,39 pounds.

Uh oh, haven't tried it yet, but the videos looked nice. THE VITA HAS TOO MANY GAMES!!! SHOW SOME MERCY SONY!!!!!

Update on PS1 Driver on the Vita: It looks really great! Very crisp and clear. Draw distance is noticably short, as with many PS1 games, but it runs really smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom