• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyzard

Banned
someone talked about a demo being on an asian psn store.. so maybe it will soon come to EU and US..?

Yes I hope so! ...no chance I'm switching stores these days - way too much stuff on the card.

Wait, improved controls? I was assuming they were the same based on the IGN review... This is the one thing that could make this game a buy for me.

Yep, just edited that into my post actually - I knew that's what a lot of people would take away from it. There were a few posts talking about improved controls from people playing in the beta and yesterday a dev came in and specifically talked about it as well.

It's still "floaty" but the responsiveness is better. Just feels a little tighter and like you're more in control.

Good..thanks for the reassurance.

Didn't get a chance to play the LBP Beta but if the platforming truly has been tightened up then I'll probably buy near enough on day 1.

Always loved the creative tools of LBP but could never bother with it because of the floatiness constantly putting me off.

Beta was awesome.

It's still "floaty" but the responsiveness is better. Just feels a little tighter and like you're more in control.

Well, Donkey Show did clarify that, while "improved", the game still feels like LBP.

That's about all I could have asked for tbh, I like LBP the way it is.

Yep, just edited that into my post actually - I knew that's what a lot of people would take away from it. There were a few posts talking about improved controls from people playing in the beta and yesterday a dev came in and specifically talked about it as well.
Hmm... this sounds like something I'll have to try for myself before I make a decision one way or the other. At the very least I'm convinced to try out the demo now (assuming there is one).

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Money well spent.

I need to go hug my DC original later. Will double dip on Vita and 360 I think.

Couldn't agree more, but I do have some friends who were excited about the Vita version, but might not be buying it now that they found out they'll have to pay twice.

And for all you PlayStation Vita owners out there, we’ve added some great new features that can’t be found on consoles. The PS Vita version of Jet Set Radio looks stunning on the handheld’s OLED display, and comes with some platform-specific enhancements. Now you can use the touch screen to draw the graffiti in the game, or use the system’s camera to import new tags to the graffiti editor. Both are subtle changes, but add a ton of fun to building new art in the game, or tagging with speed while avoiding the cops. All of these new additions are completely optional, and play off PS Vita’s unique hardware specifics.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ailable-now-for-ps-plus-members-ps-vita-1016/

October 16th for the Vita.

Ohnonono

This system is nuts. I usually would have hit one dud game on most systems by now. Something about the icons staying on the screen is great too, you just look at it and "haznogamz" becomes pretty hilarious. I bought the damn thing for Persona 4 and ended up with so much crap I didn't know I would love.

Hope you recover asap, I'm sick at the moment aswel. What a coincidence huh?
Thanks, but I gotta learn to live with it since it'll be on and off for many years to come. :p I hope you get better soon, though! But really, we're both sick because we basically share the same DNA string. Don't ask how.

Holding out for this version. Hopefully that's a good idea...

I recommend for the recovery a good dose of LBP Vita... ;)
But I ain't got no money! D:

slider

This system is nuts. I usually would have hit one dud game on most systems by now. Something about the icons staying on the screen is great too, you just look at it and "haznogamz" becomes pretty hilarious. I bought the damn thing for Persona 4 and ended up with so much crap I didn't know I would love.

Whilst Persona isn't my thing (or maybe cos I don't know anything about it so assume it's not my thing) I agree on the "nuts" analysis. Just been glancing at the LBPV thread and am excited for that as I am for JSR.

Just changed memory cards to DL Golden Abyss. Haven't even tried Gravity Rush yet. And a few others too!

Shikoro

I'm 10 minutes in playing Ecolibrium and I'm already loving it. This thing has really great graphics for a free game and just makes me even more eager to play a real Vita-only RPG. :D

slider

Damn... I've just formatted my 8gig (the games had been copied to another card). I rushed in cos I assumed it was the only way to delete things. :(

EDIT: On the plus side it was a really quick process! :)

craker

Anybody having trouble with Treasure Park. I get sheets with near and by messages, but nothing actually appears in the game. It worked when I first downloaded the game, but now nothing seems to work. Very frustrating. I wish Near was more like Street Pass on the 3DS. Half the time near doesn't seem to do anything.

zroid

Banned
I wish Near was more like Street Pass on the 3DS. Half the time near doesn't seem to do anything.

I've warmed up to near (a bit) since I got the Vita, but yeah, if near at least had some StreetPass-like functionality that would be so effing great. :U

OmegaZero

Just got ninja gaiden sigma plus,it's awesome,looks great and plays well.

Yeah, one of my favorite Vita games.
If you're going for trophies, it's only necessary to complete two playthroughs of the story to get all campaign-related trophies.

Yup and whoever else has it just turn the gamma down to 1.4 for best colour/brightness balance.

I also did something like this. Seemed too washed out at default settings.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I have to share a story.

I got a Vita! Wifi Vita + 8 gig card + Uncharted + MvC3 for $150. The thing is in immaculate condition. I forgot how amazing this screen looks after not owning one for so long. :p

But I was under the impression I was trading with some 22-26 year old dude. Turns out it was like, a 10 year old kid who was selling it to save money for some music equipment because he wants to be a Christian rapper. So when I found that out, I got the impression that he takes care of his toys (he seemed like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders).

So on top of the money, I gave him my old studio head phones and studio mic I used when I was DJ'ing. The kid was SO stoked to be getting stuff like that - and really, I felt pretty solid about it, too. A+ to that kid.

So now I've got a Vita again and will jump right into Sound Shapes (because holy shit that looks incredible) and read up on this Treasure Park thing you are all talking about. I'm going to be clearing out my PSN ID list, so feel free to add me (from fresh): nicoga3000

Wooooooo - also, any good sales/deals I should get on to start (re)building my library?

Skyzard

Banned

I got a Vita! Wifi Vita + 8 gig card + Uncharted + MvC3 for $150. The thing is in immaculate condition. I forgot how amazing this screen looks after not owning one for so long. :p

But I was under the impression I was trading with some 22-26 year old dude. Turns out it was like, a 10 year old kid who was selling it to save money for some music equipment because he wants to be a Christian rapper. So when I found that out, I got the impression that he takes care of his toys (he seemed like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders).

So on top of the money, I gave him my old studio head phones and studio mic I used when I was DJ'ing. The kid was SO stoked to be getting stuff like that - and really, I felt pretty solid about it, too. A+ to that kid.

So now I've got a Vita again and will jump right into Sound Shapes (because holy shit that looks incredible) and read up on this Treasure Park thing you are all talking about. I'm going to be clearing out my PSN ID list, so feel free to add me (from fresh): nicoga3000

Wooooooo - also, any good sales/deals I should get on to start (re)building my library?

That was cool of you nicoga3000, nicely done. Welcome back! Sound Shapes is brilliant, enjoy.

Don't forget to check out Zen Pinball 2 as well - not sure on sales tbh.

Darkangus

Welcome back and you are starting very well with Sound Shapes.
Carl will came next to tell you to get MBA...

A good start for some vitabros: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amgg-_uFluNadDF5Sm9NM3pMQXZfbHRkMzQyR05HMVE#gid=0

And I have a hard truth to tell you... Sales/deals, only in Europe... ;)

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."

Great story. Love it when karma is almost instant like that. Re: your question, I think Best Buy is still doing that $15 off the Metal Gear collection until the 15th.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
@skylenorman - Excellent, I wanted to grab MGS, so that would be great.

@Darkangus - I plan to grab MBA along with Sound Shapes actually, so *grin*

@Skyzard - I actually played one of the Pinball games on my iPad (I can't remember which) and loved it. If there's a pretty fun community of folks playing here, it's more the reason to grab it on my Vita. I love having that group atmosphere to get the most out of my games.

kiyomi

eq2.jpg

eq1.jpg

David Attenborough, bitches.

This game is okay. As a thing you can visit each day and micromanage but not really get into too much

Zoibie

I adore the watercolour art style of Ecolibrium. I've only played through the tutorial so far; is this a free to play game or a completely free game?

Great story! :D Do you have Gravity Rush?

Little King's Story dated for USA
October 2nd.
damn you europe

you get another game i want early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom