• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmario

It is still downloading PSN seems to be amazingly slow tonight, it is like going back to the nineties or something :^(
RR4 looks nice, but like with many games on the Vita the contrast seems to be a bit too high.

Does the eu psn store version of ridge racer 4 have a widescreen option? there was a link i posted a while back that said it did but didnt say what region it was

Edit: retro/grade works on psp as well

Edit 2: i think psp and vita have their own remote play thing, psp is showing alot of pixelation, vita was clear

Did you try it out with Retro/Grade? I can maybe see different games being better or worse. With Rearmed, the resolution was pretty awful and I was getting some pretty bad lag, too.

I did try a little. The picture quality did leave a bit to be desired but lag wasn't that much of an issue (until I paused the game to take that screenshot - as I can't do it within Remote Play itself - I lost the combo I built up). This was via Private Network. I'd imagine it'll be worse via the Internet. The game does pre-warn you about Remote Play lag though.

I'll have another look at it tomorrow though - unless kassatsu or someone else wants to try it out and report back.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Cross post from pick-up thread!

Final cost to me - $208

For size said:
52494E97-DA34-4BE1-8260-4830DE5C417E-15663-0000092B86508B69.jpg

Does the eu psn store version of ridge racer 4 have a widescreen option? there was a link i posted a while back that said it did but didnt say what region it was

Man, swapping memory cards is slow. No, unfortunately I see no such option.

Should anyone care; the PSPGo powersupply works with the Vita as well (using the Vita's cable).

Going to get some sleep now.

Where the &*^%$&^(% is Ecolibrium ? I can't find it in my US Vita PS Store

It's sad that we don't have it here. SCEA just hates the Vita IMO. They don't want it to gain any traction here. For anyone hoping we get Ecolibrium any time soon - Frobisher Says still hasn't come here and that's been out since the Vita's western launch. Both games are completely in English .... WTF SCEA?

StuBurns

Banned
Hey guys. Im undecided on which one yo get between these. Final Fantasy 7 or 9 or any other good RPG you might know. I must confess I skipped on the PS1
I would suggest 9 because it's better, but 7 might be a good choice, because if you really like it, you can go onto 8 and 9 later, and see the nice graphical progression.

Consider Chrono Cross too, if it's on the store, not sure if it is.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amgg-_uFluNadDF5Sm9NM3pMQXZfbHRkMzQyR05HMVE#gid=0

List of PSN IDs on Vita GAF! Add yourself!

Cross post from pick-up thread!

Final cost to me - $208
Nice price! Glad to see you picked up GR, too.

Hey guys. Im undecided on which one yo get between these. Final Fantasy 7 or 9 or any other good RPG you might know. I must confess I skipped on the PS1
I'd say go FF7, just to start from the beginning of the PS1 era.

patsu

It's sad that we don't have it here. SCEA just hates the Vita IMO. They don't want it to gain any traction here. For anyone hoping we get Ecolibrium any time soon - Frobisher Says still hasn't come here and that's been out since the Vita's western launch. Both games are completely in English .... WTF SCEA?

Perhaps someone can ask Shuhei what's up with SCEA's Vita release schedule. ^_^

Carl

Hey guys. Yay everyone is enjoying Ecolibrium. Im at the girlfriend's from now til next week (her birthday on saturday) so probably wont be posting much. Sorry. :)

Razorskin

----- ------
Playing game.
Battery notification takes up whole screen and Vita turns off(?) as I'm playing, lose some progress, alright.
Leave it to charge.
Come black to press power button to see it was sleeping and it goes right back to where I was in my game.

Fuck yes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hmm - I'm trying to organize my friends list...Is there any EASY way to do it? I'm going to go through and clean it up, but it's quite slow and tedious. :\

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
OK - I'll work on it on my PS3, ha.

Also, downloading Sound Shapes now. SUPER excited after watching videos of it. And unrelated, how does MHFU play on the Vita? Does having double analog sticks make it manageable?

Has anyone ever had any issues with buying from the PSN? Whenever I try to purchase anything, or add funds to my wallet, I get an error saying "The connection to the server or device has been terminated."

It's been this way for about a week. I checked my bank account and I have no pending transactions or anything. I haven't tried adding funds from my PS3 yet.

Takao

Banned
OK - I'll work on it on my PS3, ha.

Also, downloading Sound Shapes now. SUPER excited after watching videos of it. And unrelated, how does MHFU play on the Vita? Does having double analog sticks make it manageable?

Having dual sticks helps it, but the game's camera wasn't designed for it so it'll jump. I don't believe it's up anymore due to the HBL stuff though.

Has anyone ever had any issues with buying from the PSN? Whenever I try to purchase anything, or add funds to my wallet, I get an error saying "The connection to the server or device has been terminated."

It's been this way for about a week. I checked my bank account and I have no pending transactions or anything. I haven't tried adding funds from my PS3 yet.
Camera is a little better with a second stick, but it's not fluid so it's kinda, pretty bad. Game's still fun, though.

Having dual sticks helps it, but the game's camera wasn't designed for it so it'll jump. I don't believe it's up anymore due to the HBL stuff though.
Still up for now.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I hate to say it, but I might just stick with Gods Eater Burst for now, then. If the camera is difficult, frustration will take over.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I am (slowly) clearing my entire Friends List. I'm going to only add VitaGAF since I don't use my PS3 for, well, any online games. Anyone on that list expect an invite in the next day or two!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have a free spot on my FL, wouldnt mind more Vitabros.
PSN in profile.

Sent!

When playing a Vita game with multiplayer or send shit options (Treasure Park for example), do only Vita folk on your list show up?

E: Gravity Rush starts out SUPER awesome...REALLY excited to see where it goes. And Sound Shapes? D: WOW.

Foxix Von

Playing game.
Battery notification takes up whole screen and Vita turns off(?) as I'm playing, lose some progress, alright.
Leave it to charge.
Come black to press power button to see it was sleeping and it goes right back to where I was in my game.

Fuck yes.

It's fucking great right? Blew my socks off the first time I plugged my vita in to recharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom