• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelbox

Yup, I agree.

Look at apple. They make people believe they need that device in there life. Sony clearly dont know how to do this.

If people want a product they will clearly pay a lot for it.

Most people prob just think the vita is a psp 2 and not clued up about it. I personally use mine as a tablet and a gaming device. Son need to add more tablet like features and show them off. I think the OS is really nice and fast. Again a few more tweaks needed (like folders).

I also REALLY hope they add portrait orientation browsing to the web browser. Way more comfy. Its already a lot nicer to use for that it was with back touch scrolling.

Oh and more games. Always helps. However there already are tons out for this thing and a lot on the way.

Im just hoping PS mobile will bring about a lot of apps that fill in its missing tablet style apps.
You're right, but as long as sony markets the he vita as a handheld the device will continue to suffer. Sonys too chicken shit to advertise it as a tablet(which it is). They don't want to sell it against the phones ane tablets.

Massa

You're right, but as long as sony markets the he vita as a handheld the device will continue to suffer. Sonys too chicken shit to advertise it as a tablet(which it is). They don't want to sell it against the phones ane tablets.

It's a bad tablet. When it launched, it was a shit tablet (terrible browser, barely no apps, etc). The browser already saw a significant update, if they continue to improve it then things may be different when Playstation Mobile launches and the Vita finally gets an app store with a fart app.

pixelbox

I think that's a fallacy - if a system has the software to back it up people will pay good money for it (to a point)
Sony doesn't have that mindshare anymore due to that same principal. Apple gets away with it because their devices are multi functional. Plus they built a rapport and an ecosystem ie ios. Although a phones a phones a phone, you cant get the ios experience anywhere else. Gaming is a hobby, talking and browsing is not as well. At any rate sony is trying to build that software rapport through psn and it's os's.

Shinriji

Any word on more PS One software?

Next week: 2Xtreme, Backstreet Billiards, Bowling, Cool Boarders 3, Destruction Derby, Jet Moto 2, Jumping Flash 1, Jumping Flash 2, Medieval, Metal Slug X, Rally Cross, Syphon Filter 2, Syphon Filter 3, KoF 99, Warhawk, Wild Arms 2, WipEout

Look at apple. They make people believe they need that device in there life. Sony clearly dont know how to do this.

If people want a product they will clearly pay a lot for it.

Most people prob just think the vita is a psp 2 and not clued up about it. I personally use mine as a tablet and a gaming device. Son need to add more tablet like features and show them off. I think the OS is really nice and fast. Again a few more tweaks needed (like folders).

Oh and more games. Always helps. However there already are tons out for this thing and a lot on the way.

Apple sells/markets their stuff as a premium product, which Sony used to get by with from word of mouth alone but now the general census is that they've fallen off the deep end. As fans and proud owners of the Vita we know this isn't completely true but man, they really have to come out guns blazing at TGS.

The sad part is that judging by E3 and Gamescom, their Vita showing at TGS will probably be little to nonexistent. I'm setting my expectations real low instead of hoping they blow us away. Just because it's not taking off as quickly as they thought they're treating it like an unwanted stepchild :\ It's an amazing product, more people need to know it, even if it's something as simple as more quality games to validate a purchase of one ... or a price drop, although they're probably waiting until next E3 to do that.

There are a lot of great games coming from now to like Q2 2013, the problem is after said games come there isn't much else on the horizon, which is something pretty worrying. I for one can't wait to get that ridiculous niche/fishing game Let's Try Bass Fishing!, since it's been confirmed for the West now. Outside of that my current Vita preorder list is: Soul Sacrifice, Warrior's Lair
whether it exists or not I got the discount on my preorder
, Ragnarok Odyssey, Dragon's Crown, Persona 4 Golden and New King's Story (although I'll probably be importing NKS so I get a physical cart). Outside of that there are already a lot of Vita games currently out that I want to get as well.

sajj316

Next week: 2Xtreme, Backstreet Billiards, Bowling, Cool Boarders 3, Destruction Derby, Jet Moto 2, Jumping Flash 1, Jumping Flash 2, Medieval, Metal Slug X, Rally Cross, Syphon Filter 2, Syphon Filter 3, KoF 99, Warhawk, Wild Arms 2, WipEout

I assume this is for NA?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Needs more RPGs!

Needs more classics!

I'm actually considering grabbing MGS1, RE1/2/3, and FFVIII this weekend to build up some titles. I still need to grab MHFU, too. I'm sure that will get taken down when the exploit becomes available - I just have a hard time starting MH fresh after getting so deep into Tri twice now. But if that's the ONLY way the exploit is going to work, I'm going to have to bite the bullet. Gods Eater Burst should suffice for a while as something new and fresh at least.

Also, I asked this earlier...But if I'm playing a game with multiplayer or something (Treasure Park, requests in Katamari, etc), will ONLY my Vita owning friends show up on my list when I send stuff, or does it show all my PSN friends?

kiyomi

Also, I asked this earlier...But if I'm playing a game with multiplayer or something (Treasure Park, requests in Katamari, etc), will ONLY my Vita owning friends show up on my list when I send stuff, or does it show all my PSN friends?

Everybody shows up. It's like the greatest party ever, but without the party bit.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

KoF99 outside of the loadtimes isn't bad for a PSX port from SNK hardware.

It'll be interesting to see DOS PIXEL BACKGROUNDS HNNNNNG on the OLED.

patsu

I think that's a fallacy - if a system has the software to back it up people will pay good money for it (to a point)

Typically, a system will need content and buzz to sell well, especially in a crowded space or one with a strong competitor.

If it's just trickling out titles bit by bit, it won't help.

A good way to help build buzz is to have unique and compellng experience, capability, or content.

patsu

Vita will die if Sony advertise it as a tablet. It's a gaming machine with an AppStore.

Sony should have modified and integrated the apps with a strong focus on entertainment (e.g., gamify the pps and Internet).

patsu

Happy Holidays from your friends at Sony.

People don't buy 'em all at once. We have other things to buy. And is the Vita userbase large enough in US to support this strategy ? They will have to pair it with a sustained and aggressive campaign, like those regular and mildy annoying, too frequent Android ads, to work.

Vita will die if Sony advertise it as a tablet. It's a gaming machine with an AppStore.

Sony should have modified and integrated the apps with a strong focus on entertainment (e.g., gamify the pps and Internet).

It needs to be advertised as a gaming machine that can do tablet things as well. I know I would rather have my gaming machine and not have to buy a tablet as well because my vita does the job.

Pure gaming machine or pure tablet is not the right way. Some where in between but learning more to the gaming side is what it needs.

Hopefully PSMobile will allow this to happen.

It needs to be advertised as a gaming machine that can do tablet things as well. I know I would rather have my gaming machine and not have to buy a tablet as well because my vita does the job.

Pure gaming machine or pure tablet is not the right way. Some where in between but learning more to the gaming side is what it needs.

wasn't psp advertised as a media device? i still think they should focus on one thing rather than multiple. and that one thing is gaming machine. But knowing sony they will stick to non-gaming just because of Nintendo and the tablet craze elsewhere.

Sony needs to stop the "not annoucing games with far release date "strategy.

I know they got a lot of flack for it with Gran Turismo or Lost Guardian or Versus but Vita could really use some long term release megahits like Gran Turismo or God of War to show people they are really going to be supporting it in years to come.

kiyomi

I just spent 5 minutes looking at a thread before realising I had mistakenly clicked the Borderlands 2 OT rather than the intended Vita thread.

For a while there, I thought..

I thought..

sniffle sniffle

Skyzard

Banned
Going to bite the bullet on a 32 I think. It is time. It's getting too depressing popping the bubbles. Will try and pawn my 16GB card.

Shame that won't even be enough sometime next year!

Massa

wasn't psp advertised as a media device? i still think they should focus on one thing rather than multiple. and that one thing is gaming machine. But knowing sony they will stick to non-gaming just because of Nintendo and the tablet craze elsewhere.

The PSP and the PS3 as well. There's no reason to hide that it's a device for consuming entertainment, whether it's games or something else.

spadge

eep, I guess it would be tough now with less people playing :| amazing game though, hours just passed by lol

On my first day of playing when the vita launched the world block got completed, I went up about 30 levels. I think they patched it not to give such a crazy amount though.

I wouldn't. Could potentially corrode something. Best to just use microfiber cloths.

Okay to moisten it a little, then?

The one I traded for is slightly used, but I'd still like to get the essence of the other person off of it as best I can, which is why I'm hoping for some kind of wet cleaning solution.

Vitacat

Okay to moisten it a little, then?

The one I traded for is slightly used, but I'd still like to get the essence of the other person off of it as best I can, which is why I'm hoping for some kind of wet cleaning solution.

Ah, I see. Yeah, you could probably use the alcohol wipes one time just to disinfect. Just be super careful not to get any alcohol in any of the openings.

"essence of the other person" LOL

patsu

Not good enough. They need to show *end-to-end *, integrated experiences between the apps. No copy-and-paste won't do. No launching Youtube links won't do.

Even better if they show user flow where the gamer switches between games and web browser walkthrough and back, or LBP's tool integration with the Internet, etc.

Right now Flickr is still crashing when I click on my own upload. ^_^

why the hell aren't Rage Racer or Ridge Racer Revolution on PSN? i don't want type 4, i want those games.

Dude I'm with you. I still have both of those on disc, but I'd slap somebody's mama for Rage Racer on my Vita! I want to jam out on Mathmabeat and Hurricane Hub while driving those amazing tracks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom