• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
there this rumour going on about tales games announcements for vita:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643157-tales-of-innocence-r/63951062

according to the guy Tales of hearts R and Tales of destiny Director' s cut will be shown at tgs

bah we will see

Dude, did you just cite a rumor from Gamefaqs? Might as well take my prediction list as gospel then, lol.

Hearts R seemed likely. It was teased at the end of Innocence R, and Scamco recently refiled trademarks for it. But then some Scamco producer said some discouraging things about it. If true, SCE should help those games come out in the west.

branny

Speaking of South Korea, I just want Pentavision to get their fucking shit together with the US release of Technika Tune already. The official NA DJMAX Facebook page is a hot mess.

This Wii U stuff is just noise to me at the moment.

Apath

I'd buy a Tales game if it releases on Vita. God knows I have way too many Vita games as is, but I enjoyed Vesperia enough to add on to my ever-growing back-log.

Takao

Banned
Let's humor Tales of Hearts R for a second.

TGS 2011: Rumor regarding a DS RPG series heading to Vita. It appears that was Tales, as Tales of Innocence R is released for the platform. There were 3 Tales titles released on DS, Tales of Innocence, Tempest, and Hearts.

Jan 2012: Tales of Innocence R has crossover with Hearts characters.

Jan 2012: Innocence R ending hints at future remake..

Feb 2012:Tales of Hearts trademark refiled in North America.

July 2012: Series producers says remakes are coming.

Sep 2012: Series producer wants fans to play Tales of Hearts.

Let's humor Tales of Hearts R for a second.

TGS 2011: Rumor regarding a DS RPG series heading to Vita. It appears that was Tales, as Tales of Innocence R is released for the platform. There were 3 Tales titles released on DS, Tales of Innocence, Tempest, and Hearts.

Jan 2012: Tales of Innocence R has crossover with Hearts characters.

Jan 2012: Innocence R ending hints at future remake..

Feb 2012:Tales of Hearts trademark refiled in North America.

July 2012: Series producers says remakes are coming.

Sep 2012: Series producer wants fans to play Tales of Hearts.

I don't see MHP3rd HD happening on Vita with MH3HD coming out for Wii U in november.

patsu

Well I am curious about MH but decided to wait until I see more Capcom announcements. Right now more interested in other games.

B.K.

Is there any way to see how much money you have in your PSN account other than trying to buy a game seeing your balance when you check out?

spannicus

For some reason Fapcom only thinks the Vita is good for fighting game ports. After drooling over my sons shoulder watching him play Revelations, I really want to see a RE exclusively made for the Vita. I can just imagine how awesome that would be and it would definitely sell Vitas.

Takao

Banned
That listing is from Play.com those guys listed a whole bunch of stuff that just wasn't true.

For some reason Fapcom only thinks the Vita is good for fighting game ports. After drooling over my sons shoulder watching him play Revelations, I really want to see a RE exclusively made for the Vita. I can just imagine how awesome that would be and it would definitely sell Vitas.

Fighting games are reportedly some of the cheapest games you can port to a platform.

As for Resident Evil on Vita, I wouldn't expect anything. Revelations didn't do very well and I have no reason to believe it would do better on Vita.

spannicus

I think Liberation is gonna be Vita's game of the year. October cant come soon enough. Laugh at me now because I'm still gonna pick up CoD too. Lol Gonna trade a few games for it so I don't gotta drop the cash for it.

Skyzard

Banned
I just looked into all the other ones...seriously, I believe it.. will edit with sources references

Bang!

Build 'N Race Extreme <- done lots of psp games too.

CastleStorm <- Zen Pinball 2 guys.

Robot Rescue Revolution (Trailer) <- notice the icons of the buttons in the menus, not an iOS fake

Flying Hamster HD....well. ;)

Seems plausible they are just upcoming. As would RE be, right? :D

Ljb6E.jpg

Skyzard

Banned
The site also listed Monster Hunter ... The Flying Hamster was canned. Don't trust Play.

....haven't given up on that tbh :p just seems stupid not to make it (...new one is offline only too)

I'm not surprised flying hamster was cancelled...probably wasn't much of an upgrade. Do you happen to remember when that happened (the cancellation)?

Play is a great online retailer here btw..

The whole thing is suspicious though, almost a ploy for REP preorders (notice 'Broken' is the only one with the price and option to buy (£40) as well REP (£25)....but seems pretty conspiracy-ish to think that. Edit: infact, nah, that's just dumb. Seems legitimately...plausible ;) to me.

patsu

This TGS is not going to be very good for Vita, other than Sony games huh

May be good to show PS Mobile games on Vita and other PS Certified hardware. It's supposed to GM this fall.

For other non-Sony Vita games, it's probably up for people to guess.

cyborg009

Banned
I'd be offended if Capcom announced MH Frontier for Vita, lol.

What I can see happening:
- Persona 4: Super Arena
- Tales of ___ enhanced port (think P4: Golden instead of Tales of Abyss on 3DS)
- Gundam Vs. Gundam NEXT Portable
- God Eater 2 port
- SRW PS3 port
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD International
- Final Fantasy X HD timed exclusive for Vita
- Yakuza HD Collection, or enhanced Black Panther Collection for Vita
- Over My Dead Body 2
- Demon's Souls 2

Aww man that really made me laugh after a long day

It is very possible to happen to be honest(Sega: samurai and dragons, POS2, picotto knights, Guardian hearts)

Since the Vita is never going to see a Portable/Freedom series ever again

Takao

Banned
....haven't given up on that tbh :p just seems stupid not to make it (...new one is offline only too)

I'm not surprised flying hamster was cancelled...probably wasn't much of an upgrade. Do you happen to remember when that happened (the cancellation)?

Play is a great online retailer here btw..

The whole thing is suspicious though, almost a ploy for REP preorders (notice 'Broken' is the only one with the price and option to buy (£40) as well REP (£25)....but seems pretty conspiracy-ish to think that. Edit: infact, nah, that's just dumb. Seems legitimately...plausible ;) to me.

In regards to Monster Hunter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8LIRtPnuA8

Damage is done.

As for Flying Hamster it was publicly known as being canned in May I believe. I imagine a few others games in that list joined it.

Skyzard

Banned
In regards to Monster Hunter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8LIRtPnuA8

Damage is done.

As for Flying Hamster it was publicly known as being canned in May I believe. I imagine a few others games in that list joined it.

- A delayed release would be a pretty good milking of the userbase...especially if it is online heavy. It seems Sony knew monster hunter wasn't coming to the vita for at least a while, otherwise why invest in soul sacrifice so much which would be competing directly with it. But yeah, not out of the question to see it a year or two from now..

ah damn it was likely a fake your right apparently: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-03-07-play-com-leaks-quartet-of-unannounced-vita-titles

:'(

The image is thought to have originated with 4Chan, before being sent to news outlets, quickly propagating to numerous sites, including GamesIndustry International.

Some of them might still come though. Probably not resident evil portable though..sorry about that.

Since it's on Vita, has anyone had any turnoffs about vanguard bandits (I bought Tomba and FF, but I don't want to waste my time hating a 5.99 game)? Is is as fun as a tactics ogre or an advance wars?

Takao

Banned
- A delayed release would be a pretty good milking of the userbase...especially if it is online heavy. It seems Sony knew monster hunter wasn't coming to the vita for at least a while, otherwise why invest in soul sacrifice so much which would be competing directly with it. But yeah, not out of the question to see it a year or two from now..

You know what I'm going to say in regards to that, lol.

Takao

Banned
Nonsense!

Viva Vita.

Vita sales are not going to get better as time goes on without big games, and third parties won't invest in the platform the longer it sells poorly.

Oh, and the only Play.com listings that were fake were Grand Theft Auto, Tales, Final Fantasy, etc. MH was actually listed on the site. It was removed though IIRC.

Skyzard

Banned
Vita sales are not going to get better as time goes on without big games, and third parties won't invest in the platform the longer it sells poorly.

Oh, and the only Play.com listings that were fake were Grand Theft Auto, Tales, Final Fantasy, etc. MH was actually listed on the site. It was removed though IIRC.

You remembered correctly..but there is no way man. It just won't happen. Especially for MH, that game sells consoles in Japan right? Imagine how much they'd want an online dual-stick handheld one in another 2 years? Userbase would have grown too and it might actually be a decent version by then. Just seems like a complete waste not to do it. Although I understand why they'd want to wait now.

Also no online mode even on the Wii U version just seems so strange to me unless they were planning a heavily online version for a different platform(s) down the road..ps3/360?/vita MH- announced in 2013 for 2014 !

Skyzard

Banned
capcom at ngp reveal conference
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j679MphXJew

it always makes me feel a bit better :)

Never seen that before, thanks nice vid!

Have to wonder what happened since then.

+/- Nintendo money hat

Marketing strategy?

Was that when the Vita was thought to have 1GB of ram? - adjustments or scrapped?
--btw Next Generation Portable is a tacky name. I'm glad they changed it - only just realised - I see what they were trying to convey though ;P But the hardware deserves some class.

lepo

This TGS is not going to be very good for Vita, other than Sony games huh

Never seen that before, thanks nice vid!

+/- Nintendo money hat

Marketing strategy?

Was that when the Vita was thought to have 1GB of ram? - adjustments or scrapped?
--btw Next Generation Portable is a tacky name. I'm glad they changed it - only just realised - I see what they were trying to convey though ;P But the hardware deserves some class.

here is the full ngp conference
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJP5SNXKmTM

Man I was so hyped after watching it at that time... I tought Vita was going to be the best platform ever :)

And here we are all frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom