• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I see. Yeah, you could probably use the alcohol wipes one time just to disinfect. Just be super careful not to get any alcohol in any of the openings.

"essence of the other person" LOL

Hmm. I think I'll just use a slightly moistened cloth with water. If alcohol can harm the unit, I don't want to risk it. My luck, I'll screw it up. =P

What is Tales of Innocence R? They already did that for the Vita and it didn't do so well apparantly. I can't see much of that happening as of right now, unless Sony does something about the Vita themselves. Sony isn't really giving any third parties any reason to develop for the Vita.

I'd be happier seeing a Vesperia port. That would be pretty swell ^_^

I'm still trying to decide myself if I'm going to go all digital or not.

There's some great upsides. No carting around game cards, faster loading, etc.

But so many downsides. The inflated prices, can't resell them..

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I ask it here too, ecolibrium's packs unlock creatures or do they give me a bunch of creatures that i need to re-buy if i use it? And the platinum pack contains everything or i need to buy every pack to get everything?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I was never a doubter of the system (I returned my FEB because it was just too much money at the time and it wasn't something I NEEDED), but now that my finances are back in order and I have one again, I don't understand the doom and gloom that goes around about this thing. Beautiful, powerful device with more than enough to keep me busy for a while. I'll get my monies worth, that's for sure.

Although, I wouldn't object to some exciting announcements at TGS. :3

kodt

Banned
Whatever happened to the PC Game Streaming app for the Vita? The guy was playing Left 4 Dead. Shit looked hot.

You can install it using PSMobile Suite.

I tested it out, but it was a bit too laggy to enjoy it.

edit: this was the version I tried. I think there have been updates since then. This version was not done by the original author, but a modified version.

http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/wocip/hi_releasing_an_improved_remote_desktop_better/

Here is the original release:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Community-Lounge/PS-Vita-Remote-Desktop/td-p/16562147

Sintoid

Vita Gaf I've got a Vita alert

Since Firmware update 1.80 Motorstorm Artic Edge seems to be not working anymore. When you launch the game it freezes just after the first disclaimer and sometimes PSV restarts (others you have to restart it manually pressing power button for 10 secs). I tried to re download it but nothing changes. I tried to rebuild system file but nothing changed

Is there any way to report this bug to Sony?

kiyomi

Although, I wouldn't object to some exciting announcements at TGS. :3

Pah. It's all about Soul Sacrifice.

I wish I could get into MHFU. I was enjoying just doing the basic training missions then I was given a mission to actually fight several aggressive monsters and the lack of a lock-on just killed me.

Wanny

I wish I could get into MHFU. I was enjoying just doing the basic training missions then I was given a mission to actually fight several aggressive monsters and the lack of a lock-on just killed me.

I agree it's hard to get into it. But once you get past that point you just described, addiction kicks in.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

MH games are...Tough. But once you "figure it out" and everything clicks, it turns into one of the most addictive series you'll ever play. :p I put SO many hours into the first one for PSP and Tri on the Wii.

Oh, and the biggest pro-tips I give to anyone (that were also given to me when I started)...

- Learn how enemies behave (both solo and in herds/packs)
- Learn to dodge (which pairs with learn how your weapon of choice handles)
- Know when to run
- E: Forgot the most important one of all....ITEMS - traps, bombs, etc. Use them, abuse them, love them.

E: Is there any way to play MHFU online with folks (through Kai or whatever)?

patsu

Vita Gaf I've got a Vita alert

Since Firmware update 1.80 Motorstorm Artic Edge seems to be not working anymore. When you launch the game it freezes just after the first disclaimer and sometimes PSV restarts (others you have to restart it manually pressing power button for 10 secs). I tried to re download it but nothing changes. I tried to rebuild system file but nothing changed

Is there any way to report this bug to Sony?

If the error report screen doesn't pop up, I think you can try the official PS blog !

Wanny

MH games are...Tough. But once you "figure it out" and everything clicks, it turns into one of the most addictive series you'll ever play. :p I put SO many hours into the first one for PSP and Tri on the Wii.

Oh, and the biggest pro-tips I give to anyone (that were also given to me when I started)...

- Learn how enemies behave (both solo and in herds/packs)
- Learn to dodge (which pairs with learn how your weapon of choice handles)
- Know when to run
- E: Forgot the most important one of all....ITEMS - traps, bombs, etc. Use them, abuse them, love them.

E: Is there any way to play MHFU online with folks (through Kai or whatever)?

Ad-hoc party on PS3. You need to be on wired connection and you create rooms for people to join in. Then people can play together in MHFU.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

MH games are shitty boring repetitive grind-fest with no story, horrible setting and outdated combat.

If you want something actually good go for God Eater.

Doombear

Agreed. I get the comparison, but I don't see them as being too similar in the end. I don't play Monster Hunter for the story. Hard to put into words what I love about it, but the love is there.

By far my most played game on Vita is MHFU.

Roubjon

Two key things are fun about Monster Hunter: You always feel like your progressing, and it's rewarding.

When you kill a Monster you get a bunch of stuff that can be used to make a bunch of other stuff. You are constantly getting more stuff so you are always getting harder, better, faster, and stronger.

Then while you are doing this, you are challenging yourself with difficult fights that are extremely rewarding when you win. When you win these fights, you can progress even further and get better stuff because you killed an even harder monster.

If you add playing with 3 friends on top of that it is a really enjoyable experience. Everyone gets to see how each other are progressing and you become a wonderful family of monster hunters.

It's an endless cycle of fun.

Copenap

Finally jumped the train on Tresure Park, lets see if I like it.

Can you sync the Trsure Park trophies? ANd what about this Ecolibrium, is it any good?

Btw. which tables are recommended for Zen Pinball?

Sorry for all the questions that probably have been answered allready but I was away for some time :(

When I play MH, it feels like I'm actually adventuring. Especially since I play solo, I feel like a medieval Rambo or something, just surviving out in the wild gathering supplies and hunting monsters. It's just a really cool atmosphere.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
When I play MH, it feels like I'm actually adventuring. Especially since I play solo, I feel like a medieval Rambo or something, just surviving out in the wild gathering supplies and hunting monsters. It's just a really cool atmosphere.

Yes, this is EXACTLY what MH does. You learn to live off of your spoils in that game.

Roubjon

I can agree with this 100%. Guess I'm going to have to buy a 3DS for Monster Hunter...

Vita is still my fav. We bros 4 lyfe

Finally jumped the train on Tresure Park, lets see if I like it.

Can you sync the Trsure Park trophies? ANd what about this Ecolibrium, is it any good?

Btw. which tables are recommended for Zen Pinball?

Sorry for all the questions that probably have been answered allready but I was away for some time :(

My favorites are Epic Quest, Excalibur, and Plants vs. Zombies.

B.O.O.M

I want Harada san to do a Tekken DR type of game for vita. Hopefully Tekken Tag 2 with Brand New Characters

My most played series in the psp

Mondriaan

The wilderness survival aspect of the game is actually somewhat lacking, although it's a good simulation of every episode of the Survivorman show I've ever seen.

You will eventually scare off anything that you can hunt for meat, you'll be starving, and there will be almost nothing left at any gathering point. Les never runs into any giant monsters, though, so he always looks tired and bored. He also has to mess around with his camera(s) almost as much as you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom