• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a pool game so I think you'll like it :p
Is there no demo on the store?

It's great. Incredible presentation.

Thanks guys!

Now my internal bickering over Hot Shots Tennis vs Virtua Tennis is even harder.
I've heard nothing but good things about both, and now they're the same price, and size.

Get both. Thats what I've done (if you have the money to spare).

Just bought Virtua Tennis 4. I need cool Virtua Tennis friends, so my PSN is domify if anybody wants to add me.

Will do when I get home.

Edit:
Waldo Lydecker said:
I bought it yesterday *ahem* and it is very good. Very nice graphics, you get the PS3 version for free and the controls are very easy to learn.
Awesome thanks. You guys sold me on it.

What should SCE here do is

1) make smaller teams inside each of their big SCEE/SCEA studios that are dedicated to Vita(for example now ND has two team for consoles, GG has two teams on consoles,PD has two teams for consoles, Santa Monica has like a million team for consoles) this will solve part of the problem.

2) Expand SCEJ studios (since Vita market depend on it) and change their outdated strategy that put the system on mercy of third party publishers and that by by buying smaller Japanese studio that make games on many genres, hire more guys and more well known designers in SCE Japan Studio, let PD make other games in other genre in case GT popularity went south more.

3) Get Kojima to make a Vita version of the legendary MSX2 RPG SD Snatcher (hence my avatar)

4) Get Chris Sawyer to make a Vita version of Transport Tycoon

5) Get some new or old point-and-click adventures

bede-x

Regardless of my somewhat skeptical view of Vita's future the system is still awesome and totally worth the purchase purely based on the games that are already available for it (not to mention the great library of PSP games).

Pretty much how I feel. I think I'm spending more time on Vita than any other system these days - though iPad and 360 come close - and even if it's only a few months old, it still has more (interesting) games than systems typically have at this stage, so from my perspective it's been pretty good so far. I kinda wish that PSP games weren't so blurry and memory cards were cheaper, but you can't have everything.

We just need more PSP and PS One support and a couple of great exclusives every year and I doubt I'll ever become tired of the system.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So the Dyad guy was on GiantBomb and said he was looking at the Vita but not sure on anything because of the size of the screen, but I thought that was interesting.

sajj316

My hope is that when the transition to PS4/720 happens, there will be a large pocket of independent developers that can't afford tool-kits and opt to have their titles on Vita. If they haven't extended pub funds to Vita exclusive projects, they should.

PS Mobile will help bridge the gap and get Android budget titles on the Vita. It will also satisfy a development community that would like to take advantage of the hardware. We've already seen some interesting projects in beta.

Developers/publishers can continue PSP development and release them as DD only. If they are good and can play on the Vita, I will buy. As more titles are available for DD on the Vita, it's possible for publishers to recoup costs over time.

The above are three means of getting additional content on the Vita outside of mid-high level budget titles. This will be the life-blood of Vita. As much as I'm interesting in the Uncharted and Call of Duties of the world, I'm just as excited about PSP BC, Indy Vita, and PS Mobile.

zroid

Banned
I can't figure out whether the mad love for sports games in this thread is a result of (a) a lot of people who like sports games buying Vitas, or (b) there being nothing else to play.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
An actual vita game sale on the US store!?! Virtua Tennis is mine!

I won't call it an actual sale, it's beyond pathetic, World Invitational is a Vita launch and should be $10 not $26 same with Virtua Tennis 4, and Hustle Kings got $3 cut and the rest of them are PSP games.

Sony should look at Steam sales and learn how to do DD sales right.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'll wait. It'll be $20 at retail in a few weeks
Don't say that. If that happens I might cry.

I can't figure out whether the mad love for sports games in this thread is a result of (a) a lot of people who like sports games buying Vitas, or (b) there being nothing else to play.
I loved Hot Shots Tennis and the Virtua Tennis 4 demo was great, which is why I'm eager to play the game. I don't have any interest in sports or sports games in general, just tennis.

Some sports games work really well for handhelds. Like golf and tennis (imo).

Tratorn

Everyone should buy VT4 now for this price.
It is one of the best ports on the vita, but sadly it didn't sell really well... :/
Devs should be rewarded for these kinds of ports.

It is one of the best ports on the vita, but sadly it didn't sell really well... :/
I'd love to pick it up but I want a physical version. Once it hits $20 I'm there. I would have gotten it at launch but I had just finished putting almost 30 hours into Hot Shots Tennis (and it's hard to justify now because I played Mario Tennis for over 20 hours recently).

magawolaz

From the Time Travelers thread:

Use this trick to unlock the Vita without having to touch the center of the screen: put a finger on the upper right hand corner, but dot swipe it down. Instead, put a finger from your other hand on the lower left hand corner, it will unlock the screen instantaneously.
mind=blown

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
Gungnir (PSP) fans:

Early indications are that the game is now compatible with your PlayStation®Vita. It may not yet appear in the PlayStation®Store, but transfer appears to currently be possible via PlayStation®3 system.

Thank you for your patience!

I won't call it an actual sale, it's beyond pathetic, World Invitational is a Vita launch and should be $10 not $26 same with Virtua Tennis 4, and Hustle Kings got $3 cut and the rest of them are PSP games.

Have you ever heard the expression "Don't look a Gift Horse in the mouth"? Because that applies here. Yes, SCEA could be better with digital Vita sales, but they aren't. We have to deal with it.

But if you want more sales, prove it by buying one of three titles that are discounted right.

Gungnir (PSP) fans:

Early indications are that the game is now compatible with your PlayStation®Vita. It may not yet appear in the PlayStation®Store, but transfer appears to currently be possible via PlayStation®3 system.

Thank you for your patience!

Nice, I hope the turn around time on approving Growlanser for Vita will be a little more timely. Been looking forward to that one. But if course, it's up to SCEA.

Valve doesn't have to worry about retailer relations.

Anyhow, back on a positive note: Bought VT4 to support vita sales. Hopefully publishers will see a nice bump from this week's sale and offer more in the future!

zroid

Banned
Holy shit, how did I not know that a Monster Hunter-themed Super Puzzle Fighter featuring Toro was releasing in Japan. I NEED THIS NOW

Better be Vita compatible, mang

Eusis

Nice, I hope the turn around time on approving Growlanser for Vita will be a little more timely. Been looking forward to that one. But if course, it's up to SCEA.
Given they didn't bother to put Gungnir up on the Vita-compatible store properly I'm not too optimistic there. SCEA's probably frustrating me more now than ever given how completely inept this comes off ass.

Actually, what all DID they put up there? Just a GTA and Midnight Club? Unless this is going to be a more frequent thing now that's just pathetic after, what, a month+ of no new games supported?

Takao

Banned
Why? I would love to play some hockey on the Vita. Then the Sharks would actually get past the second round of playoffs.

These are all the NHL games on PSP:
n7qdIm.jpg
RCKmum.jpg
2SV8N.jpg

They stopped releasing them in 2006, and EA has already opted against releasing NHL 13 on Vita.

Agree, but I don't like sports games.
Now if the sale had been on UMvC3 or Blazblue, I'd buy in a heartbeat before I've even purchased my Vita. :)

JFunky

Valve doesn't have to worry about retailer relations.

Anyhow, back on a positive note: Bought VT4 to support vita sales. Hopefully publishers will see a nice bump from this week's sale and offer more in the future!

Hoping for the same, also picked up VT4 and grabbed HSG to replace my retail copy. First time I've downloaded any games that could have been bought at retail. $20 or less feels like a good price for digital titles, bring on some more sales Sony!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
... and VT4 is mine for $20.

should've released at this price in first place since the console version were $20(and lower) since a long time now.

having the handheld -late port-versions (like VT4 and Rayman) prices way higher than the consoles/PC is just pure stupidity since people with Vita will most likely have other home systems too.

sajj316

These are all the NHL games on PSP:
n7qdIm.jpg
RCKmum.jpg
2SV8N.jpg

They stopped releasing them in 2006, and EA has already opted against releasing NHL 13 on Vita.

Well, NHL '12 sold well in comparison to past NHL titles. I agree with EA (from a business standpoint) that it's too risky to put on the Vita or 3DS. Maybe NHL '14 if '13 sells more than 2 million.

kidko

What's the VitaGAF consensus on PS+? Now that I have a Vita i'm curious if it's worth getting... and if so, any special deals for getting it cheaper? Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom