• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
Well, NHL '12 sold well in comparison to past NHL titles. I agree with EA (from a business standpoint) that it's too risky to put on the Vita or 3DS. Maybe NHL '14 if '13 sells more than 2 million.

Releasing a port of a sports game isn't exactly risky. I would've been fine if EA just updated the rosters of NHL 07 and allowed in game goal tender changes, but that never happened.

As for NHL 12's sales, I have to wonder how much that has to do with there being absolutely no competition. 2011 was the first year where EA didn't have an NHL 2K game, or an NHL Slapshot game to divert attention from their main games in a very long time. If you wanted an NHL game last year you had to buy NHL 12.

Lucent

What's the VitaGAF consensus on PS+? Now that I have a Vita i'm curious if it's worth getting... and if so, any special deals for getting it cheaper? Thx

I've been a PS+ member for a year and 3 months (got it when they had the year+3months free deal) and I've been loving it. It's changed a little since they added the instant game library (12 full games that rotate every now and then). Seeing as how there are finally some Vita deals added this week, hopefully it'll become more common, making PS+ even more worth it. And I don't know of any deals that allow you to get it cheaper. =/

patsu

should've released at this price in first place since the console version were $20(and lower) since a long time now.

having the handheld -late port-versions (like VT4 and Rayman) prices way higher than the consoles/PC is just pure stupidity since people with Vita will most likely have other home systems too.

Yes, would be great if they take a user-centric view of their business rather than just purely number based.

FMbarbarian

Yikes not another Gaf lurker turned poster. Hi everyone I've lurked this thread and the previous Vita Advice thread for about two months and decided to join in on the conversation. I bought the vita at launch and haven't gone more than two days without picking in it up and playing it. Absolutely love this handheld nothing on consoles since Mass Effect 3 has been able to pull my attention away from it.

In the tradition of the thread I'll post my Vita Collection.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SOLD)
Gravity Rush
Super Stardust Delta
BlazBlue
Mortal Kombat
Resistance: Burning Skies (SOLD)
MGSHD Collection
Unit 13 (SOLD)
Dynasty Warriors Next (SOLD)
UMVSC3 (SOLD)
Virtual Tennis 4 (literally just bought and haven't played it yet)
Escape Plan
Motorstorm RC
StarDrone Extreme
Table Top Tanks
TOM Blitz
Velocity

PSP Games that I bought after I buying the Vita:
Darkstalkers Chronicle Chaos Tower
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
King Of Fighters 95'
Samurai Showdown
Persona 3 Portable
Powerstone Collection
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

I didn't realize how much money I dropped on this thing until I listed everything. I only regret a couple purchases (UMVSC3 rage quitters didn't need it for a 3rd device, Monster Hunter not my thing) which isn't too bad.

And after all of that I do have a question to ask of the mighty VitaGaf.
I have been hankering for a trading card game. Should I buy Eye Of Judgement even though it's expensive or should I wait it out for a new Vita TCG?

sajj316

Releasing a port of a sports game isn't exactly risky. I would've been fine if EA just updated the rosters of NHL 07 and allowed in game goal tender changes, but that never happened.

As for NHL 12's sales, I have to wonder how much that has to do with there being absolutely no competition. 2011 was the first year where EA didn't have an NHL 2K game, or an NHL Slapshot game to divert attention from their main games in a very long time. If you wanted an NHL game last year you had to buy NHL 12.

"risky" meaning risk vs. reward. EA figured they aren't going to get a decent return on portable NHL games (3DS/DS included). I wouldn't mind an arcade NHL game similar to NBA Jam/ NFL Blitz.

spannicus

I was just saying, I think he was referencing the Wii because of its notorious lack of quality third party support.

But yeah, I don't think first party support has been very good on the Vita post-launch but I thought the launch lineup was pretty solid.

Correct, I was speaking in terms of 3rd party support.

Massa

These are all the NHL games on PSP:
n7qdIm.jpg
RCKmum.jpg
2SV8N.jpg

They stopped releasing them in 2006, and EA has already opted against releasing NHL 13 on Vita.

You're forgetting the best one.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Now that I'm actually playing a game that other people I know bought and are actively playing, I'm starting to really like the LiveArea.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Now that I'm actually playing a game that other people I know bought and are actively playing, I'm starting to really like the LiveArea.

It is a shame they don't develop it more, that whole message board type thing Nintendo tried to show off at E3 could easily be done with LiveArea if they wanted too.

Skyzard

Banned
US update looks decent...EU's is disappointing.

Would have at least liked to play Dyad, but will wait for EU release.

To the person with only a Vita and asking about PS+.....I'd probably say skip it.

Yopis

Well finally finished Gravity Rush today. Got the platinum and feel kinda sad that It's over. Well time to start MGS 3 never did play that back in the day.

test_account

XP-39C²
Maybe old news, but Treasures of Montezuma Blitz got a new update yesterday, or two days ago. This time it adds more stats that you can view, and you can also see in the leaderboard which level people are. The update also fixes a bug in the trophy where you have to get a 10x multiplier (it wasnt possible to get the trophy before i think).

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Well finally finished Gravity Rush today. Got the platinum and feel kinda sad that It's over.

Same emotion that always hit me after I finish watching any Ghibli movies (I tried to free roam and collect gems and do challenges when the creator told me I need to be ready just because I didn't wanted it to end) but I was sad but also happy in the same time because it was game of the year,and the ending and credit song was very sweet and cheerful which helped too.

more people should get Gravity Rush and SCEA/SCEE need to do some marketing for it and not treat it like a minis release, hell they push some garbage PS3 PSN exclusives more than GR.

More clues of a PS Vita version of Danger Close’s upcoming FPS sequel, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, appear on the web.

According to the Online EA Help Center, Medal of Honor: Warfighter is listed for both the Microsoft Xbox 360, PC, Sony PlayStation 3 and the Sony PlayStation Vita. Its appearance on the PS Vita was rumored earlier as well when a listing appeared on the French retailer CDiscount’s website.

https://help.ea.com/en/medal-of-honor/medal-of-honor-warfighter

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I've just won a PS Vita + Fifa 12 from Coca-Cola. You guys have any recommendations for games?

congrats

Gravity Rush (must buy, game of the year)
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (must buy)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (if you like Uncharted, it's way better then Uncharted 3 by the way)
Where is my Heart(mini but it's amazing)

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I didn't see anything about a Vita version. Only 360/PS3/PC. Hope I'm wrong, but I'd imagine it would've been at least mentioned at E3.

Mileena

Banned
Would be so sad if we got a straight port of MoH PS3 version while CoD is gonna be some watered down portable crap made by an unknown developer.

kidko

I came in to talk about my new boomerang: The Nyko power grip.

Does the grip make it comfortable to lay on your back and play while holding the vita up and pointing it down on you? I couldn't get comfortable that way with the Vita alone.

Criminal

Neo Member
More clues of a PS Vita version of Danger Close’s upcoming FPS sequel, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, appear on the web.

According to the Online EA Help Center, Medal of Honor: Warfighter is listed for both the Microsoft Xbox 360, PC, Sony PlayStation 3 and the Sony PlayStation Vita. Its appearance on the PS Vita was rumored earlier as well when a listing appeared on the French retailer CDiscount’s website.

https://help.ea.com/en/medal-of-honor/medal-of-honor-warfighter

Thanks to http://mp1st.com/2012/07/17/rumor-medal-of-honor-warfighter-listed-to-release-on-the-ps-vita/

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I didn't see anything about a Vita version. Only 360/PS3/PC. Hope I'm wrong, but I'd imagine it would've been at least mentioned at E3.

if you click on platform under browser help you can see Vita listed.

Well be interesting to have MoH vs COD Spec ops edition, if EA bring on full port of Warfighter instead of a stripped down version then they can win Vita's owners.

patsu

Does the grip make it comfortable to lay on your back and play while holding the vita up and pointing it down on you? I couldn't get comfortable that way with the Vita alone.

Ha ha, yes. That's the second reason I was looking for a grip. It's easier to hold Vita while I'm lying in bed.

The thing is I dozed off halfway one day and Vita dropped on my nose. It was rather painful. It's about 50% or more heavier with the grip. Be careful~ ^_^

Koroviev

Thanks. Hope it's a little longer than that, broke :(

The "sale" on Vita games should really be permanent at this point. Damned things will probably still be $35+ five years from now. I'm not going all-digital until Sony learns how to scale prices with time (not Sony time).

branny

I hope we get more Vita game sales in the future, especially on the overpriced console ports.

I'm getting kind of depressed because it seems like none of the car games I want right now are 60fps. I was going to get Burnout Legends and Crazi Taxi, but they aren't 60fps?? What. Same goes with RR Vita and 2048 (and NGS+ while I'm at it--never letting that off the hook). I don't understand this.

The PSP has some really excellent games ported to it, but I never realized until now that quite a few don't hold a candle to their original incarnations. I'd kill for the same library native to the Vita. I hope JSR sells like crazy so SEGA can consider making an ultimate Naomi compilation or something. *drools*

Gravity Rush (must buy, game of the year)
I laugh every time you welcome someone with this. :p

Koroviev

From the BST thread:

FS/FT

Vita:

Touch My Katamari $20
Hot Shots Golf $15

Open to trades for other Vita games!

Also have

PS3:

Resonance of Fate
Folklore
Resistance 1

$20 for all three or willing to trade for PS3/Vita games. :)

Yes, I'm aware that some of those are PS3 games. This is the Church of Sony, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom