• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky bugger : P gravity rush and uncharted are great adventure games. Rayman is a gorgeous and quite inventive puzzle game. Plus wipeout is a killer racing game.

Haha yeah. I entered a load of prize draws on Coke Zone (coca colas rewards site) as they require the least amount of points but didn't expect to win anything at all.

You are welcome.

by the way, did they give you a memory card with the free PSVita ?

I'm not sure as it has t arrived yet. It should come within the next week. Here's the prize draw info. Heres the prize info.

Oxn

This is my take on the Vita.

I don't think Itll make it past midway 2013.

With that said I am Still going to buy the ACIII bundle this October.
I am content with spending that kinda dough on whats already announced, and being able to play my PSP games on that screen. Afterall the PSP is my favorite handheld ever and gets played way mroe than all the consoles combined.

Haliela

I am content with spending that kinda dough on whats already announced, and being able to play my PSP games on that screen. Afterall the PSP is my favorite handheld ever and gets played way mroe than all the consoles combined.

I have a feeling you're going to find yourself pleasantly surprised.

kidko

Ha ha, yes. That's the second reason I was looking for a grip. It's easier to hold Vita while I'm lying in bed.

The thing is I dozed off halfway one day and Vita dropped on my nose. It was rather painful. It's about 50% or more heavier with the grip. Be careful~ ^_^

hehe doh!

Takao

Banned

You're going to be very wrong there.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Unless Vita's situation improves dramatically I won't be surprised if SFxT is Capcom's last Vita release.

It's a vicious circle though. A new platform needs seeding, and in some respects the third parties are the kingmakers - without third party support they will get nowhere. Publishers could release titles with relatively little investment, and they talk about how new platforms/generations are a good time to release new IP - yet they still won't support it. It must be incredibly frustrating for Sony, who have clearly done a good job providing a capable platform with good connectivity and input methods to satisfy everyone.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Did anybody use photo mode to make their VT4 character? I spent an hour trying to make various Yakuza characters after seeing Sega make Kazuma, but to no avail.

Mileena

Banned
Did anybody use photo mode to make their VT4 character? I spent an hour trying to make various Yakuza characters after seeing Sega make Kazuma, but to no avail.

I made Yoona from Girls' Generation ^_^

She's so fierce online. You don't wanna fuck with her.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I wonder if Sony should Position the vita as the portable partner to your PS3. Have all psn games cross play as much as possible, update the ps3 so all ps3 games are remote play enabled, and release some more patches like that planned for LBP2 which brings smart glass/wiiU type capabilities to vita.

Mine turned out really, really bad so I scrapped him. :(

Watch out for Newton Funberry though! He is gonna wreck fools!

brentech

I wonder if Sony should Position the vita as the portable partner to your PS3. Have all psn games cross play as much as possible, update the ps3 so all ps3 games are remote play enabled,NAND release some more patches like that planned for LBP2 which brings smart glass/wiiU type capabilities to vita.
Yea. This would make sense. I have to wonder what holds up the movement of games like PJ Monsters and Burnout Crash!....all those games that aren't super heavy graphics dependent shouldn't be that hard to crossplay so people could extend mobile libraries.

Takao

Banned
I wonder if Sony should Position the vita as the portable partner to your PS3. Have all psn games cross play as much as possible, update the ps3 so all ps3 games are remote play enabled,NAND release some more patches like that planned for LBP2 which brings smart glass/wiiU type capabilities to vita.

SCEA believes Vita is just a PS3 peripheral. Which begs the question why they haven't bundled the thing with PS3 yet.

lepo

userbase will slowly get bigger and bigger as more games gets released and more people gets access to this wonderful console.
That means more third party supports better sales etc etc.. the fact Vita didn't set the world on fire doesn't mean it's gonna be dead in 1 year time

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
SCEA believes Vita is just a PS3 peripheral. Which begs the question why they haven't bundled the thing with PS3 yet.

you wish.

They gave PS3 peripherals (Move,PSEye,Wonderbook,3D display,headset ,that Garbage gun toy thingy,..ect) more time at E3 and pushed them way more than Vita.

SCEA think Vita is something completely unnecessary from SCEJ like all the games they reject and refuse to publish.

brentech

userbase will slowly get bigger and bigger as more games gets released and more people gets access to this wonderful console.
That means more third party supports better sales etc etc.. the fact Vita didn't set the world on fire doesn't mean it's gonna be dead in 1 year time
Yea. People are getting pretty laughable at this point. Its not like there is a bunch of hot games coming out on the home consoles at this moment either. I have like $90 in trade in credit and nothing I'm really excited about other than maybe FIFA (actually preordered for vita) and and AC.

If all these great new games were coming out for everything else I'd be worried, but this is just the current times.

zroid

Banned
I won my Vita in an awesome Future Shop raffle last month. It was great because it had a 100% win rate. But the entry set me back $150.

Raonak

Banned
Speaking of which, look at the platforms it's listed for on EA's help site. I can't wait to play the new one on my Gameboy Advance!

It's already out ;)
61XDWW7ZDGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
ypehl.jpg

*from famousmortimer site*

..PSP bubbles are ugly, if they just allow us to change the color of the bubble and hide the title text it will be fine.

Yea. People are getting pretty laughable at this point. Its not like there is a bunch of hot games coming out on the home consoles at this moment either. I have like $90 in trade in credit and nothing I'm really excited about other than maybe FIFA (actually preordered for vita) and and AC.

If all these great new games were coming out for everything else I'd be worried, but this is just the current times.

fifa 13 on Vita will be a port of fifa 2012 most likely

God dammit, I literally just bought VT4 at full price a few days ago. Motherfucker.

It is, at least, an awesome game.

I was REALLY close to getting it a couple days ago. Was a pleasant surprise to finally see some SCEA sales. I really hope they keep them coming. I also noticed the base price for those games dropped, so even after the sale is over the games will still be cheaper than they were at first.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I was REALLY close to getting it a couple days ago. Was a pleasant surprise to finally see some SCEA sales. I really hope they keep them coming. I also noticed the base price for those games dropped, so even after the sale is over the games will still be cheaper than they were at first.

All of Vita launch games need a huge mandatory price cut, they all need to be $19.99 or lower.

Shinriji

Buy VT4 so I can finally play online with friends.

Lucent

Thats a really bad game, dude. :(

lol it's funny you say that, but then I check on PSN and it's got nearly a 5 and there's almost 2000 worth of ratings. (I know those aren't exact numbers. too lazy to look. but from what i remember it was close).

Though I haven't played P3P. I have P3 FES. lol

patsu

lol it's funny you say that, but then I check on PSN and it's got nearly a 5 and there's almost 2000 worth of ratings. (I know those aren't exact numbers. too lazy to look. but from what i remember it was close).

Though I haven't played P3P. I have P3 FES. lol

Should be 2001 ratings since I didn't vote.
I give it a 4/5.

The game can be grindy if you just play along. You need to pay attention to some Persona-related side quests. And Google is your friend. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom