• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cootr

Neo Member
cant wait for soul sacrifice, little big planet, persona 4, and phantasy star online 2. vitas going to be picking a lot within the next year.

oldmario

The game comes out in South Korea, and Japan very soon. I don't see why it would take long to come over, especially given the release was already announced.

Is there even a date for the korean version? i know japan comes out on friday next week, i just wonder if there will be different versions of STEP on each of the games or will all 3 have the korean version on it

spats

Can anyone give me advice of any of these PSP games? Been thinking about expanding my PSP collection one more time and these games are the only ones I'm really missing.

Tekken 6 (especially in comparison to Tekken 5 PSP)
DJMAX Portable 3
Adventures To Go
Any of the Armored Core games
The Eye of Judgement Legends
Metal Slug Complete
Hot Shots Tennis
Innocent Life A Futuristic Harvest Moon
The Legend of Heroes TITS
Warriors Orochi 2

Hot Shots Tennis is A W E S O M E

Can anyone give me advice of any of these PSP games? Been thinking about expanding my PSP collection one more time and these games are the only ones I'm really missing.

Don't get Innocent Life. It's missing a lot of the key features the main HM games have, and it's overall a poor comparison to the other HM games. Get either Hero of Leaf Valley (a superior/enhanced port of Save the Homeland) or Boy & Girl, which has Back to Nature, one of the greatest HM games of all time. It's my favorite HM game really :)

Is that the LE of PDf? I didn't get all that stuff. :p
Accessory set!

DJMAX Portable 3
Adventures To Go
Metal Slug Complete
Hot Shots Tennis
Warriors Orochi 2
Tekken is good but way too much.
Metal Slug and Legend of Heroes are great.

Flunkie

Banned
Don't get Innocent Life. It's missing a lot of the key features the main HM games have, and it's overall a poor comparison to the other HM games. Get either Hero of Leaf Valley (a superior/enhanced port of Save the Homeland) or Boy & Girl, which has Back to Nature, one of the greatest HM games of all time. It's my favorite HM game really :)
I blind bought Boy and Girl and couldn't get over the isometric controls. Was fighting the game the entire time. Wish I'd have done a little more research and got a more accessible one ether than just getting what everyone said was the "best."

I blind bought Boy and Girl and couldn't get over the isometric controls. Was fighting the game the entire time. Wish I'd have done a little more research and got a more accessible one ether than just getting what everyone said was the "best."

They do take some getting used to, HoLV is a third person game. Overall though I think BTN has one of the best set ups in terms of rewards and stuff. It took some getting used to but overall it's an amazing game, and one of the best HM games IMO. It's a shame the newer ones aren't hitting Vita.

Yeah I prefer friends from mineral town over boy and girl but boy and girl was still awesome. I haven't even touched HoLV yet.

RpgN

Is Lumines or Everybody's Golf better?

It's like comparing an apple with an orange. They're both very good games of their type, you can't go wrong with them. EG might not be as user friendly with its spike in difficulty but it's a very rewarding game if you stick with it.

YagizY

Is Lumines really that good? I want it on psn but it's still 36$.

I never really understood the game in the PSP days but I bought the Vita version at launch. I played a 5 hour session that night. The demos alright to get familiar with game mechanics but I never felt the demos of lumines had that "hook" that makes you keep on coming back.

wouwie

A small question: i downloaded both expansion packs for Wipeout (Fury and HD) but i haven't bought Wipeout 2048 (yet). In order to determine if i have enough room for LBP Vita digital, i'd like to delete both the expansion packs for now (might redownload if when i purchase Wipeout 2048). Is there any way i can delete these files on the Vita or do i need to connect it to a pc/ps3? I can't find them on my Vita.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Just wasted fifteen minutes not being able to sign up for a 3G plan. I have no idea what's wrong with my billing information, and apparently AT&T doesn't either.

Mondriaan

Just wasted fifteen minutes not being able to sign up for a 3G plan. I have no idea what's wrong with my billing information, and apparently AT&T doesn't either.
AT&T is quite possibly the worst telecom in the universe. You'll never get those minutes of your life back.

AT&T is baaaaad. Bad telecom company and bad service.

A small question: i downloaded both expansion packs for Wipeout (Fury and HD) but i haven't bought Wipeout 2048 (yet). In order to determine if i have enough room for LBP Vita digital, i'd like to delete both the expansion packs for now (might redownload if when i purchase Wipeout 2048). Is there any way i can delete these files on the Vita or do i need to connect it to a pc/ps3? I can't find them on my Vita.

I'm not sure it's possible to delete the expansion packs without deleting the game data. However, I do not own the game to know this for sure.

How far are you?

The second world/set of levels, so far

Edit:

Made it to the VCR/Cassette world, a few levels completed - really don't like this one - it's a tedious place, whereas the nature themed world was elegant, grand...game feels still repetitive :0/

Mondriaan

Yes. Yes. Nothing can top that world. I'm actually holding off on playing more of the game because I love the third world so much.
It's killing me that Takao hasn't posted the OT yet. Do you hear that, Takao? Yer' killing me!

I've started trying to ace the story levels. Right now I've aced all the boss levels except the final one. It's also killing me.

KalBalboa

Banned
You guys are slacking. I hit 10 in a row today.

7992638730_6e2e8dac1c_z.jpg

branny

DJMAX Portable 3
Adventures To Go
Metal Slug Complete
Hot Shots Tennis
Warriors Orochi 2
I would personally recommend DJMAX Portable 3 the most from that list. It's actually my favorite of the Portable series (I've grown to even prefer it over Clazziquai, and both of those are vastly better than Fever which was the only other one actually released here). There was a patch that made the game more tolerable, but you'll still need to grind a bit. What DJMP3 lacks in sheer quantity of content compared to earlier games is made up for in polish. It does get hard, but the note charts are generally so good (and a bit easier than before) that you'll want to keep playing. The analog stick remixing may take some getting used to. It's done better in DJMP3 than in earlier incarnations, though (Fever and Clazziquai come to mind again); it's more fleshed out, and it doesn't show up in modes that don't involve it. DJMP3 won't exactly prepare you for Technika Tune, but it will help you understand why some of us are huge fans of DJMAX. Listen to a few songs before buying the game because it's important to like the music.

Metal Slug Complete/Anthology is great if you're a fan of the series. If not, I think it'd be cheaper to give the Metal Slug 1 NEOGEO Station version a try instead.

Warriors Orochi 2 is probably the best musou game on PSP right now unless we get the newer Warriors Orochi 3 PSP incarnation.

Tekken 6 should be ignored. It is a solid conversion, but DR is good enough. To be honest, the only Tekken you need to worry about now is Tekken Tag 2.

The rest I have zero experience with. I'd suggest watching footage of all the games you're interested in and determine that way since it always seems to help me when I'm in a similar position.

Carl

Hey Vitabros. Just popping in to say i wont be around for a few more days. My Grandma died this morning (cancer is a bitch, only 6 months after my Grandad too), so you know. I wont be away for long. Just wanted you to know where i am

Hey Vitabros. Just popping in to say i wont be around for a few more days. My Grandma died this morning (cancer is a bitch, only 6 months after my Grandad too), so you know. I wont be away for long. Just wanted you to know where i am

Oh man, I'm sorry Carl.

:(

I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences to you Carl.

): Sorry to hear that, Carl. My condolences. Was your weekend with your girlfriend good otherwise?

zroid

Banned

;_;

all the best, man

AwRy108

Sorry for you losses, Carl. If you're a man of faith, then you'll know that their true journey is only just beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom