• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

Hey Vitabros. Just popping in to say i wont be around for a few more days. My Grandma died this morning (cancer is a bitch, only 6 months after my Grandad too), so you know. I wont be away for long. Just wanted you to know where i am

Sorry to hear that man. Stay strong and we're here for you. See you soon.

MisterC20XX

Hey Vitabros. Just popping in to say i wont be around for a few more days. My Grandma died this morning (cancer is a bitch, only 6 months after my Grandad too), so you know. I wont be away for long. Just wanted you to know where i am

I'm sorry for your family's loss, Carl. Take care and we'll see you soon.

Shikoro

My condolences. Hope you hang tight... :(

Sid

Sorry to hear that man,stay strong.

Young Magus

Sorry to hear man, when ya get back it will be with open arms.

Kerub

Banned

Sorry for your loss!

Sorry again dude.

I feel bad throwing this in here right now....but I finally got 10 in a row in Treasure Park. And I am excite.
7993255155_c112c47689_b.jpg

sajj316

Sorry to hear. We'll keep the light on for you :)

mauaus

Im so sorry for your loss bro, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers, hang in there

Mzo

I am strongly debating trading in my og black Vita for a white AC bundle.

I should probably hold off for a future hardware revision -_-;

Derrick01

Banned
Pretty tempted to pick up the White PS Vita with Assassin's Creed. Anyone else want that bad boy?

Absolutely. The question now is wait until it comes out or wait a few weeks longer to see if anyone can come up with a black friday deal or slap a gift card on there?

The only problem with waiting is AC3 comes out on PC just before black friday so if I do get a Vita then I'll probably be smack dab in the middle of 3 on PC. Granted it's not like the Vita will melt if I don't play it immediately but it'll be hard putting down 1 for the other.

Rasec

hmm, still no news on wipeout having a sale on the near future.

Really want to have the game.

Edit: Wow, very nice Grim. Kudos to you. I'm playing on extreme and still didn't got any perfect on the other difs

RpgN

Oh man, that's a lot to handle. Take care and hang in there.

test_account

XP-39C²
Very good news! :) I already imported and platinumed this game, but its great to hear that it is coming to the west as well. I really enjoyed this game.

Sorry to hear that :( Your grandad also died of cancer?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Two questions!

- How important is MGS1 story to understanding MGS2 and 3?

- Will AC be confusing as hell if I've never played the other titles?

Kazerei

Banned
Two questions!

MGS2 is a direct sequel to MGS1, so it's quite important to play MGS1 before MGS2

MGS3 is a distant prequel to MGS1, so you could enjoy MGS3 without MGS1

I dunno how AC Liberation will connect to the main games. It sounds like a side story, so it might be alright.

Been playing some vagrant story. This game is surprisingly good and in depth. Also quite ahead of its time with all it's cut scenes being done with the game engine and the ability to go into 1st person view to look around. Very impressive for its era. At £3.99 it's a steel. Only 93 mb in size because of this as well. Impressed.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
As somebody who went through a similar situation, my sympathies definitely go out to you.

JimFear

Banned
if you have a ps3 or a vita add me if you want. My psn is Jimfear

but i would like in your request you tell me that you take my nickname here. I hate blank request. :)

Vitacat

So sorry to hear that. All the best to you and your family, Carl.

You may recall that my wife has cancer. She starts 6 months chemo next week. But the good news is that after her final surgery post chemo, she will be considered "cured." But still a long road ahead.

Videogames are one of the things I use to take my mind off problems. God bless videogames. :eek:)

alexein

i wanted to get the white ac edition, but since now the game is a voucher and only a 4g card. I choose to get the LBP bundle and get it now, and taste the vita as soon as possible.

Tailer

You may recall that my wife has cancer. She starts 6 months chemo next week. But the good news is that after her final surgery post chemo, she will be considered "cured." But still a long road ahead.

Videogames are one of the things I use to take my mind off problems. God bless videogames. :eek:)
Oh man I really hope for the best for both of you especially Vitacat.

Derrick01

Banned
i wanted to get the white ac edition, but since now the game is a voucher and only a 4g card. I choose to get the LBP bundle and get it now, and taste the vita as soon as possible.

Aww it's just a voucher? I didn't know this. I guess I'll still get it since it makes the most sense from a price perspective since I'm still getting the game. But that kind of sucks, I was hoping for a nice case to go along with it.

VanWinkle

Man, Vitacat, I had no idea. Stay strong my friend. That's got to be very rough.

Grinchy

Banned

Sorry to hear it, man. My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 one day out of nowhere. Cancer is such a scary and sudden situation so I really feel for you. It sounds like you're looking at it very positively though, so that is really good.

SharkJAW

Two questions!

Addressing question 1: MGS1 isn't totally necessary to understand MGS2 or 3. The plot is so discombobulated you can almost treat them separately. And as for question 2, AC Vita is supposed to be a standalone title, so you don't have to worry about playing the other games.

alexein

Aww it's just a voucher? I didn't know this. I guess I'll still get it since it makes the most sense from a price perspective since I'm still getting the game. But that kind of sucks, I was hoping for a nice case to go along with it.

I dont know your region, but in France they sell 270€ ac liberation bundle (vita wifi,4G card and ac voucher).
LBP bundle is a voucher too but for 250€, ad ps all star battle will be a voucher too.
Since i too wanted to get a case and i think the memory card will be a little small with ac on download i choosed the lbp bundle.

And they didnt even mention the white vita in the ac bundle for now in ue. they could be just a simple black vita

Derrick01

Banned
I dont know your region, but in France they sell 270€ ac liberation bundle (vita wifi,4G card and ac voucher).
LBP bundle is a voucher too but for 250€, ad ps all star battle will be a voucher too.
Since i too wanted to get a case and i think the memory card will be a little small with ac on download i choosed the lbp bundle.

And they didnt even mention the white vita in the ac bundle for now in ue. they could be just a simple black vita

I'm in the US so it's a white Vita but I wasn't aware the game is a voucher. They don't mention that in the product description on Amazon, but then again it doesn't necessarily say it's a physical game either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom