• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Cuz the novelty of the first one wore off. I was super psyched to make levels, but found it cumbersome.
Oh, I didn't know you made levels. I haven't seen any of the content creation tools, so I can't comment on them, but the base game is a lot of fun.

MisterC20XX

Was it quick to find a game? I may get it if it still has a community. Seems like a much better game than Resistance Burning Skies.

It wasn't too bad, I didn't have to wait very long. Right now there are 111 players in 147 games. At first I kept getting kicked, not sure why. Maybe it was because I was a low level noob. I had much better luck when I started hosting games.

MisterC20XX

Surprisingly decent. I think I may have to pick it up. It will probably be worth it for the single player alone, anyway. Heard it's really good.

Yeah, I played through a bit of the single player campaign and it seems good. The fact that mp works was an added bonus.

the3ye

Is the LBP question thread?

Can we play online multi? For the second level "Swing-bop Acrobatics", you need two players to complete it. Also, there's a section with some items I can't figure out...It's near the end of that level and it looks like a sticker board with a little flashing up carrot in the corner. I may need to take a screenshot to describe it, because it confuses me. It may be an LBP staple, but this is my first one I've ever dug into.

Also for the very first level, how do you Ace it? You have to use self-destruct per the level requirements I thought?

you'll get
ADMIT ONE sticker
later in this level, just repeat it

Loading times are horrible in this game...almost like in Wipeout...

Koroviev

Have some funds on PSN. How's Corpse Party? I'm interested, but I've read that it has some pretty serious flaws, especially with respect to arduous repetition. I'm also open to other suggestions, not necessarily Vita-specific.

Yay for multi-threading in games. ;)

On another note, I managed to make a Treasure Park map that tripped up a whole lot of players so far. Pretty good feeling. :p

Excuse the crappy phone pic, but yes!

1QkBV.jpg

I included the copy of Hot Shots I just got and my launch Vita to hold down the calender I got with the game. Welcome back to VitaGAF, by the way, Koro! ^^

plus the BPM scale stinks and other stuff :|

Is that the LE of PDf? I didn't get all that stuff. :p

SToRM

The longer your combo, the more points you get. This seems to be the most important aspect of scoring in this game.
If you combine this with a high multiplier then you can get some pretty high scores.
My highest score so far is around 15M. I never play with totems because imho they are too 'expensive' for what they do.

Have some funds on PSN. How's Corpse Party? I'm interested, but I've read that it has some pretty serious flaws, especially with respect to arduous repetition. I'm also open to other suggestions, not necessarily Vita-specific.

It's a brilliant game in my opinion and you should really try it out.

It wasn't too bad, I didn't have to wait very long. Right now there are 111 players in 147 games. At first I kept getting kicked, not sure why. Maybe it was because I was a low level noob. I had much better luck when I started hosting games.

Syphon Filter had about that many players...and it got shut down :( I miss that game :(

PARANO1A

I bought a Vita at launch but haven't spent too much time with it. I'm going on an overseas trip so plan on putting it to good use in transit soon. I wouldn't mind some low key game recommendations for passing the time. For reference, I bought it for Wipeout and have both DLC packs, along with Mutant Blobs, Gravity Rush, Sound Shapes, and I grabbed LBP as a cart since I don't actually have any physical media yet. Also, I grabbed P3P along with Ff7 and 8 since I love JRPGs. Tried a few on PSP but nothing grabbed me last trip I took.

Tailer

Damn this sucks, my Internet hasn't been working for 2 days now. Thanks God that I can tether my phone to my computer :p wonder if I can do it to my PS Vita too. I didn't do it earlier since the limit back then was 1GB but now I upgraded it to 6GB(thought it was going to be 3GB) for a really cheap price.

Damn this sucks, my Internet hasn't been working for 2 days now. Thanks God that I can tether my phone to my computer :p wonder if I can do it to my PS Vita too. I didn't do it earlier since the limit back then was 1GB but now I upgraded it to 6GB(thought it was going to be 3GB) for a really cheap price.

If your computer is a Windows 7 laptop you can try using this program while your phone is plugged into it, or if your phone is advanced enough it probably has some sort of wireless tether

Tailer

If your computer is a Windows 7 laptop you can try using this program while your phone is plugged into it, or if your phone is advanced enough it probably has some sort of wireless tether
I have Galaxy S 3 so I just connected it through the USB :p, and just checked and tethering works with Vita :D.
Edit: Played LoL yesterday with 0-2 sec delay :O surprised it works pretty decently and I only 2-3 bars.

Can anyone give me advice of any of these PSP games? Been thinking about expanding my PSP collection one more time and these games are the only ones I'm really missing.

Tekken 6 (especially in comparison to Tekken 5 PSP)
DJMAX Portable 3
Adventures To Go
Any of the Armored Core games
The Eye of Judgement Legends
Metal Slug Complete
Hot Shots Tennis
Innocent Life A Futuristic Harvest Moon
The Legend of Heroes TITS
Warriors Orochi 2

Vitacat

Any reason you're selling it? It's a good game to play if you want to relax.

Going all digital. Yes, I resent the PSN prices, but I love having my games ready to run from memory. It's addictive. Hard to go back to carts when you get used to it. And hey, somebody has to be fool enough to throw excess money at Sony to help keep Vita alfoat, so might as well be me. :eek:)

Vitacat

Can anyone give me advice of any of these PSP games? Been thinking about expanding my PSP collection one more time and these games are the only ones I'm really missing.

DJMAX Portable 3
Adventures To Go
Metal Slug Complete
Hot Shots Tennis
Warriors Orochi 2

Tekken 6 is great, but many like DR better. I'd call it a tossup. What hurts is that PSN wants $40 for it, which is pretty fucked up. But Tekken is Tekken, if you love it, it's worth it.

The rest I don't really have too much to say about. DJMAX is what it is -- kinda like Tekken -- if you love it, it's worth it. Metal Slug collection is cool, except IIRC there are some annoying load times, but those might be significantly reduced on Vita.

Tekken 6 is great, but many like DR better. I'd call it a tossup. What hurts is that PSN wants $40 for it, which is pretty fucked up. But Tekken is Tekken, if you love it, it's worth it.

The rest I don't really have too much to say about. DJMAX is what it is -- kinda like Tekken -- if you love it, it's worth it. Metal Slug collection is cool, except IIRC there are some annoying load times, but those might be significantly reduced on Vita.

I loved Tekken 5 so I've been tempted to pick 6 up. I've never played DJMAX before and was wondering whether it was worth jumping in so I'll be ready for Technika Tune next year.

I loved Tekken 5 so I've been tempted to pick 6 up. I've never played DJMAX before and was wondering whether it was worth jumping in so I'll be ready for Technika Tune next year.

Tune and previous DJMax do not play in the same way, the ones in PSP are similar to Beatmania http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2fRzmMx3i4

while the Tune gameplay is more or less similar to Ouendan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWuffuLI5ws

Maybe the psp ones will not prepare you for Tune, but they´re so damn worth it, amazing games.

Tune and previous DJMax do not play in the same way, the ones in PSP are similar to Beatmania http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2fRzmMx3i4

while the Tune gameplay is more or less similar to Ouendan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWuffuLI5ws

Maybe the psp ones will not prepare you for Tune, but they´re so damn worth it, amazing games.

Oh god, does it really get that hard? ;_;

Next year?

I can't imagine it coming this year.

Takao

Banned
The game comes out in South Korea, and Japan very soon. I don't see why it would take long to come over, especially given the release was already announced.

The game comes out in South Korea, and Japan very soon. I don't see why it would take long to come over, especially given the release was already announced.

I have never heard of a game taking less than 3 months to translate from going gold in a different region, translated, manufactured and shipped.

Takao

Banned
I have never heard of a game taking less than 3 months to translate from going gold in a different region, translated, manufactured and shipped.

It's a rhythm game there's not exactly a lot to translate, lol. DJ Max Portable 3 launched in SK and North America simultaneously.

Oh god, does it really get that hard? ;_;

Don´t worry, could be much worse lol.

You can play in several button modes and set the gameplay speed though, all you need is practice, and even so, if you are not able to play in the hard modes, is very enjoyable anyway, you can stick to the 4-5 button modes and have a blast.

Don´t worry, could be much worse lol.

You can play in several button modes and set the gameplay speed though, all you need is practice, and even so, if you are not able to play in the hard modes, is very enjoyable anyway, you can stick to the 4-5 button modes and have a blast.

From what I read on it there's no 5-button mode in Portable 3

From what I read on it there's no 5-button mode in Portable 3

That is correct, there is a 4 button mode, and then some hybrid modes with buttons and stick for changing lanes, the notes go down in three different lanes, and you need to change them with the stick before pushing the buttons for the notes, one of them is the 3.2 easy mode, 3 buttons and stick

Fox1304

DJMAX Portable 3
Adventures To Go
Metal Slug Complete
Hot Shots Tennis
Warriors Orochi 2

Hot Shots Tennis is quite amazing. Gameplay is straight to the point ( and timing based ) but needs a lot of skills, the game is massive content wise and the tennis part feels really realistic with excellent sensations even though it's an arcade game. Really recommended, sunk a LOT of hours in this one.

spectyre

DJMAX Portable 3
Adventures To Go
Metal Slug Complete
Hot Shots Tennis
Warriors Orochi 2

Can't comment on most of these but TITS was one of my favorite games on the PSP. If you like old-school RPG's, I highly recommend it.

Dantis

It's an excellent game, but the ending (Or lack of one) is a real downer.

Bollocks

How come I can't copy Resident Evil 2 onto my Vita?
According to the list SCEE put out it should be compatible. I have it on my PS3 yet it doesn't show up in the Content Manager and neither if I search for it on the Vita itself

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yes, I have some FF game, RE 2/3 and Silent Hill and only RE2 is missing :/

Euro version is bugged: CD's can't be switched, only can do Leon's side.

So they took the ability down, I wager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom