• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the US so it's a white Vita but I wasn't aware the game is a voucher. They don't mention that in the product description on Amazon, but then again it doesn't necessarily say it's a physical game either.

I dont remember any of those being announced as voucher tbqh. Link alexein?

lol, Ima do it like this:

Tag: XIAceOfSpadesIX (I know its dumb)

Retail Vita Games:
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Unit 13
Resistance Burning Skies
Gravity Rush
Dynasty Warriors Next
Blazeblue Extend
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

Download Vita Games:

Motorstorm RC
Treasures of Motnezuma Blitz
Treasure Park
ZEN Pinball 2

Downloaded PSP Games:
Persona
Persona 2
Persona 3
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Coded Arms

dunno if I missed anything

alexein

I dont remember any of those being announced as voucher tbqh. Link alexein?

Like i said im in france and amazon france clearly mention that its a voucher for each ps vita bundle. maybe for usa it will still be a game case, but for ue its voucher only for all the bundle and the Ac liberation doesnt mention that its a white vita

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks for the info on MGS and AC everyone!

E: Played some MHFU yesterday. Not sure if it's just me, but bows are cool but nearly unusable due to aiming issues. :/

Like i said im in france and amazon france clearly mention that its a voucher for each ps vita bundle. maybe for usa it will still be a game case, but for ue its voucher only for all the bundle and the Ac liberation doesnt mention that its a white vita

ah I guess I glanced over it. Makes sense, different territories - different practices.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
I finally made Rank B :)

7993956079_9ba24cdc88.jpg

7993961210_09a2b49e45.jpg

Btw, anyone else having difficulty getting sheets from Near? I downloaded three today, but they didn't show up in Treasure Park.

I'm sad brehs. My 32GB card is filled with vita and PS1 games. I would like to wait until next to get another card when prices drop but I'm trying to go digital as much as possible. Still have LBP(deciding on if I'm gonna grab this week), AC:L, Persona 4, PS All Stars, and maybe Ragnarok Odyssey this year (-.-)

32 Memory card being higher than new PS3 games don't make no sense...

After a while of lurking this thread I finally broke down and got a Vita (Viva la vitabros!). So far Gravity Rush has been great and it's been a blast to play UMvC3 on the system. LBP is shipped and on it's way too. Now just to get Ecolibrium and Tokyo Jungle when they come out and this thing will be a powerhouse of software. Maybe it just takes the right person to enjoy the Vita lineup, but to say there aren't games for it seems insane at this point.

Anyways, the PSN is Lennylightspeed. I'm just now getting into treasure park and the like so go easy on me.

VanWinkle

After a while of lurking this thread I finally broke down and got a Vita (Viva la vitabros!). So far Gravity Rush has been great and it's been a blast to play UMvC3 on the system. LBP is shipped and on it's way too. Now just to get Ecolibrium and Tokyo Jungle when they come out and this thing will be a powerhouse of software. Maybe it just takes the right person to enjoy the Vita lineup, but to say there aren't games for it seems insane at this point.

Anyways, the PSN is Lennylightspeed. I'm just now getting into treasure park and the like so go easy on me.

Awesome. Welcome to the club. We're a nice group.

Btw, anyone else having difficulty getting sheets from Near? I downloaded three today, but they didn't show up in Treasure Park.
Congrats, and I'm having troubles with that. Found two and only one will show up.

If you have Near set to auto download, the gifts will just appear whenever you boot up Treasure Park.
This never works for me, and it's with every game good and not just Treasure Park. =/ I can only get Game Goods from the 7/8 people that show up instead of the 190 or so in the area.

CLEEK

- How important is MGS1 story to understanding MGS2 and 3?

As far as story goes, MGS2 is a follow on from MGS1. But... as to whether MGS2 has an understandable story, that's another question entirely. Also, one of the main complaints around MGS2 was that it was a retread of MGS1. If you play MGS2 without playing the first, it would have its advantages and seem fresher and unique.

I would play MGS1 first. It's my personal favourite, but the step back to controlling it after playing the more advances sequels can take a bit of getting used to.

Mondriaan

Thanks for the info on MGS and AC everyone!

E: Played some MHFU yesterday. Not sure if it's just me, but bows are cool but nearly unusable due to aiming issues. :/
Right shoulder button to go into aim mode, and then use the d-pad to aim while holding down the triangle button. I don't think you can (or should) try to use the right analog instead of the d-pad because you need to hold down the triangle button.

Alternatively, practice gauging distances so that you don't need the right shoulder button. Ideal distance for damage is close enough that you should never need to aim upwards unless the monster is flying or on top of a wall or something.

Congrats, and I'm having troubles with that. Found two and only one will show up.

This never works for me, and it's with every game good and not just Treasure Park. =/ I can only get Game Goods from the 7/8 people that show up instead of the 190 or so in the area.

The whole Near/Treasure park thing is just so vague to me. It's not explained very well at all.

OmegaZero

Quit from MHS2HD to play some Blazblue, but forgot to save my progress in Mission Mode. :/
Oh well, Ninja Raiden's missions are pretty fun.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm pleasantly surprised I had a little fun with Gravity Rush's demo. It isn't an "OMG MUST HAVE" that most people make it out to be but if it goes on Sale on PSN (HAHAHAHA ;___;) I'd probably pick it up.

The whole Near/Treasure park thing is just so vague to me. It's not explained very well at all.
I thought I understood Near, but I guess not... =/

screw you capcom
don't worry when a new fighting game comes out we'll get a port of that

I'm pleasantly surprised I had a little fun with Gravity Rush's demo. It isn't an "OMG MUST HAVE" that most people make it out to be but if it goes on Sale on PSN (HAHAHAHA ;___;) I'd probably pick it up.

The demo is way worse than the full game, so you're in for a surprise when you grab it~

Did I miss something or are you just sounding off in general?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491692

Takao

Banned
Namco seriously needs to port over Tekken Tag Tournament 2 to the Vita, would love to have that game on me all the time :D, but it's probably not going to happen D;

Dark Resurrection sold very well on PSP, and I'm sure Tekken 6 was a worthwhile venture too yet there's nothing. They released Tekken Prime which bombed on 3DS every where, and they have that Tekken for Wii U. I'm not saying conspiracy theory, but conspiracy theory.

To be honest, Gravity Rush was an awesome experience and easily in my top 5 games of 2012. Admittedly I'm a sucker for the art direction and style of the game.

Let's hope the sequel is a more robust experience with some true open worldness and interesting side quests.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No need to run away. It's an aquired taste.

Edit: did I read somewhere in the thread that Front Mission 3 was playable on Vita?

Yes, but you need to transfer it via PS3 since it isn't on the PSP2 store. ;)

I need to get around to completing it but I need to finish Front Mission 1st/FM:DS. >_>

zroid

Banned
Do you even really need a reason to say "screw you" to Capcom? Ever since the
MML3
incident, I think it's completely fair game at any time, and all the time.

OmegaZero

There's some interesting new (or old?) Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation/Lady Liberty art on tumblr.
Idk if I'm allowed to post links though.

cyborg009

Banned
There's some interesting new (or old?) Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation/Lady Liberty art on tumblr.
Idk if I'm allowed to post links though.

go ahead

vita can't even get non fighting game ports from them

I have to imagine their other Vita projects have been canned.

I remember the rumor of a Japanese developer cancelling all their Vita games in development and switching to 3DS. I can't find thread at the moment

lepo

screw you Capcom!

look up a list of games released by capcom for the psp. You will notice they didn't release anything "big" for the first 2 years or so

When the platform got a decent user base they started releasing bigger games for it

I'm not defending them, I actually am really pissed off at capcom for neglecting such a great console .. but they will may start releasing some good stuff at some point

lepo

Playing FF9 on the vita yesterday night and I found myself thinking more than once how nice the hardware is

And is such a pleasure to play some of the old classics on it since they never looked so good

come on Sony give us some good stuff at TGS!

Takao

Banned
look up a list of games released by capcom for the psp. You will notice they didn't release anything "big" for the first 2 years or so

When the platform got a decent user base they started releasing bigger games for it

I'm not defending them, I actually am really pissed off at capcom for neglecting such a great console .. but they will may start releasing some good stuff at some point

Check out the date the first Monster Hunter Portable came out. Most of Capcom's support for PSP came in those first two years. The rest of the platform's life cycle was pretty much just Monster Hunter. No DMC, no Onimusha, no Resident Evil, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom