• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexein

Finally joining the vita party. I was waiting for the ac liberation pack but since i saw that it will be a voucher, i've ordered the lbp pack that goes out next week.
Do you have any idea of the size of lbp, because i just got the 4g card,
Will it be enough for some psn games or psone ?,
i plan to go mainly physical.
Got Army corps of hell, disgaea 3 and gravity rush ordered.

And my vita will come with New little king story. other good games?

edit: wipeout hd via cross play, too, since i have it on ps3

alexein

Since i'm in UE, and got ps+, i will go light on psn games because i could got them for free then they will add vita plus to the offer. since deus e, borderlands and other games that i owned were given.
Lumines maybe and i heard velocity mentionned along blob on the thread.
So, i'll check them , unchrted, no since i got the 2 to finish and the 3 goty version to buy.
Thanks

KalBalboa

Banned
Got Army corps of hell, disgaea 3 and gravity rush ordered.

And my vita will come with New little king story. other good games?

edit: wipeout hd via cross play, too, since i have it on ps3

Little Big Planet seems really strong and inventive so far, but you might want to download PixelJunk Monsters PSP over to your Vita along with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night to get some cheap classics on there.

Uncharted, Wipeout, Mutant Blobs, Escape Plan, Gravity Rush, Velocity, Where Is My Heart, Mortal Kombat, Sound Shapes, and Hot Shots are all pretty great.

injurai

Banned
Heh, It amuses me that I can't use my vita for practically anything yet with out a memory card. Yet I can use remote play to play MGS1.

Derrick01

Banned
So is LBP Vita any good after all? I guess I just want to know if it's any better than the console ones since I wasn't extremely high on those.

VanWinkle

So is LBP Vita any good after all? I guess I just want to know if it's any better than the console ones since I wasn't extremely high on those.

I can't speak for everyone, but I love it. Of course, I really enjoyed the console games as well, so I may not be the most important opinion on the matter.

MisterC20XX

If I buy a PSone game on my PS3 and transfer it will I also be able to later download it directly from the PSN Store on my Vita if that same game is released there?

alexein

Little Big Planet seems really strong and inventive so far, but you might want to download PixelJunk Monsters PSP over to your Vita along with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night to get some cheap classics on there.

Uncharted, Wipeout, Mutant Blobs, Escape Plan, Gravity Rush, Velocity, Where Is My Heart, Mortal Kombat, Sound Shapes, and Hot Shots are all pretty great.

Got some rpg on psone (xenogears, wild arms 1-2,suikoden, ff5,vagrant story..)
Already got SOTN on psp with persona and lots of games so i'm not double dipping on that and since i' from ue even though i got an US , i'll try to stay ue as much as i can sine swapping cards seems a hassle to go to another shop.

Thanks for the list i'll check them out.

Which games are cross buy for now ? motorstorm, sound shapes, thats all?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I didn't like the first game or the PSP version, but I really love the Vita game so far. The console game became stale to me and I hated the physics, and the PSP game lacked a lot of the creativity that I associate with the series. The Vita game's hitting all the right notes so far: it seems more inventive, the emphasis on story is great (I don't know if the second game had voiced cutscenes, but I think they're a nice addition), and the style and creativity of the series is here in full force. The sci-fi pod in particular is absolutely awesome, and has a cool Beyond Good and Evil meets Buzz Lightyear vibe, and I love the real-world elements, from ringing telephones, to a stack of VHS tapes, to sock drawers which Sackboy navigates through. It's wonderful. The minigames are also nice time-wasters, although they're really just pretty iOS games. The touch mechanics are fairly inventive, and I especially like the gun that's controlled with touch. The level that's controlled entirely with the rear-touch was awful, but other than that the touch mechanic works fairly well. And, of course, the game looks fantastic too, even if it doesn't appear to be at native resolution.

LittleBigPlanet Vita is the entry that finally got me into the series, and I'm really glad I did an impulse buy and picked it up.

MisterC20XX

Thanks, bro. I didn't want to get into any strange "you need to buy it again" situations.

That's a great list of games right there, thanks. Also, I appreciate what you're doing with that "North American Vita Compatible PSone Games" thread!

thumbsup.gif :)

KalBalboa

Banned
Which games are cross buy for now ? motorstorm, sound shapes, thats all?

Hustle Kings, too. It plays different on PS3, but the Vita version lets you do asynchronous multiplayer (one of my favorite uses of that type of competitive online play) and it lets you use the Vita's camera for profile pictures. Plus, it's a solid game.

PSone games are technically cross-buy as well.

Thanks, bro. I didn't want to get into any strange "you need to buy it again" situations.

That's a great list of games right there, thanks. Also, I appreciate what you're doing with that "North American Vita Compatible PSone Games" thread!

thumbsup.gif :)
Supe+wink.jpg

beason52

Neo Member
Finally got a 32gb card on ebay for $65. They are slowing getting to be reasonably priced, amazon has had them for $70-80 recently.

I never got into LBP 1 and never ended up trying the second but it seems like a great portable game...I know MM developed the PSP game with Sony cambridge but who developed LBP Vita? They are developing Tearaway and another title, how many teams does MM have?

I'm seriously considering Front Mission 3...I'm a sucker for SRPGs and nice 2D portraits.

screen-7

gfs_43380_2_21.jpg

Did you guys import the game?

That second screen don't seems Front Mission 3.

I recommend it. The game is cheap (for Square Enix standards), is amazingly good and it looks great on Vita. That kind of SRPG goes great with the suspend console functionality of PSP or Vita.

Takao

Banned
Finally got a 32gb card on ebay for $65. They are slowing getting to be reasonably priced, amazon has had them for $70-80 recently.

I never got into LBP 1 and never ended up trying the second but it seems like a great portable game...I know MM developed the PSP game with Sony cambridge but who developed LBP Vita? They are developing Tearaway and another title, how many teams does MM have?

Tarsier Studios and Double Eleven did LBP Vita.

Derrick01

Banned
I didn't like the first game or the PSP version, but I really love the Vita game so far. The console game became stale to me and I hated the physics, and the PSP game lacked a lot of the creativity that I associate with the series. The Vita game's hitting all the right notes so far: it seems more inventive, the emphasis on story is great (I don't know if the second game had voiced cutscenes, but I think they're a nice addition), and the style and creativity of the series is here in full force. The sci-fi pod in particular is absolutely awesome, and has a cool Beyond Good and Evil meets Buzz Lightyear vibe, and I love the real-world elements, from ringing telephones, to a stack of VHS tapes, to sock drawers which Sackboy navigates through. It's wonderful. The minigames are also nice time-wasters, although they're really just pretty iOS games. The touch mechanics are fairly inventive, and I especially like the gun that's controlled with touch. The level that's controlled entirely with the rear-touch was awful, but other than that the touch mechanic works fairly well. And, of course, the game looks fantastic too, even if it doesn't appear to be at native resolution.

LittleBigPlanet Vita is the entry that finally got me into the series, and I'm really glad I did an impulse buy and picked it up.

Thanks for the impressions. I'm not crazy about all the touch stuff but I'll learn to live with it, it sounds like a fun game for the most part. By the time I'm out searching for it it'll probably be on sale a bit too so that's even better.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Thanks for the impressions. I'm not crazy about all the touch stuff but I'll learn to live with it, it sounds like a fun game for the most part. By the time I'm out searching for it it'll probably be on sale a bit too so that's even better.
What touch things are you unenthusiastic about? I liked Mutant Blobs Attack's touch gimmicks more, but LittleBigPlanet's are never intrusive, with the exception of the aforementioned rear touch level.

Got LBP Vita today from FutureShop. It's as charming as ever, and the touch controls add a layer of control over the environments that I find quite excellent.

It looks great, runs great. Hoping the community can really deliver some great user created levels.

VanWinkle

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. We'll have to play it together when the servers go up!

Game is done by Tarsier Studios and the tech is by Double Eleven.

Derrick01

Banned
What touch things are you unenthusiastic about? I liked Mutant Blobs Attack's touch gimmicks more, but LittleBigPlanet's are never intrusive, with the exception of the aforementioned rear touch level.

I'm just not crazy about any of that stuff in general. I'm very traditional but I understand with Vita it's missing a few buttons from PS3/360 so I've been preparing myself to deal with it. The only thing I'm worried about is that I have long fingers so when I'm holding the thing I might accidentally activate the trigger substitutes on the rear touch pad.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Glad to hear you're enjoying it. We'll have to play it together when the servers go up!
Definitely. I can't wait to finally get in some co-op.

I'm just not crazy about any of that stuff in general. I'm very traditional but I understand with Vita it's missing a few buttons from PS3/360 so I've been preparing myself to deal with it. The only thing I'm worried about is that I have long fingers so when I'm holding the thing I might accidentally activate the trigger substitutes on the rear touch pad.
I have long fingers as well and have been hitting the rear touch pad with them. There's a yellow outlined circle that appears on screen when the rear touch pad is being hit, and it's constantly on the screen when I'm playing. That's one of the reasons I hated the level that had to be navigated with the rear touch--I would restart from a checkpoint and immediately fly right into spikes because my finger was accidentally resting on the corner, and I ended up having to do a really irritating deliberate trace with the rear touch pad. Outside of that though, the touch sections are unobtrusive, and, in the case of the piano keys and record that can be played with, kind of fun.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Ever since the update, I've had problems with Near. The application loads up and I get the wooden background and Near logo and nothing else. I also just launched Treasure Park and the icon switched to a new pane and just sat there floating around until I shut down my system. Sony needs to put out a bug fix soon.

Ever since the update, I've had problems with Near. The application loads up and I get the wooden background and Near logo and nothing else. I also just launched Treasure Park and the icon switched to a new pane and just sat there floating around until I shut down my system. Sony needs to put out a bug fix soon.

That usually happens to me right before my system locks up.

EDIT: Speak of the devil, my system locked up!

Ponn

Banned
The moment I cave in from waiting for a sale on MvsC3 digital and just buy it full price digital it will go on sale the following tuesday. I just know it.

Front mission 3 looks really nice. So does Xenogears. The Vita is really making me view my PS1 games in a whole new light. The colors are all so much more vibrant than while playing on my HDTV from PS3. Those two games in particular always looked pretty rough, but now they are a joy to my eyes. Love my Vita so much more now.

Another neat thing it is doing for me, is that I am forced to use headphones for my audio. There are so many neat stereo effects in these old games that I just never got while playing on PS1 thru speakers (sometimes even crappy TV ones way back). It's so good to listen to this stuff with nice headphones.

LittleBigPlanet Vita is not only the best Vita game so far, it's probably the best game I've played on any platform all year. I can't comprehend how much fun it is. I loved LBP 1 and 2, but touch was the missing piece. It's now perfect.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
LittleBigPlanet Vita is not only the best Vita game so far, it's probably the best game I've played on any platform all year. I can't comprehend how much fun it is. I loved LBP 1 and 2, but touch was the missing piece. It's now perfect.
I'm really surprised by how much I like it, and I agree that it's the best Vita game (although I haven't played too many). I'm looking forward to Tearaway even more now, and with any hope, an LBP Vita sequel.

Stupid question:

Have we any video/gameplay of Criterion's NFS on Vita?

I've got my fingers crossed that it'll be worthy, but you never know...

Sidenote: I'm really enjoying my LBP experience. The game is strikingly pretty, plays well and has some intuitive, new control ideas. It's my first ever LBP experience. Never have see none played by anyone, either. Slim arriving at the series fresh. It's pretty good. Feels slightly repetitive though, dunno why...it's almost like the levels are uninvolved with anything gripping my attention for a long while. I'm enjoying it as a whole, so I'll stick with it.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Sidenote: I'm really enjoying my LBP experience. The game is strikingly pretty, plays well and has some intuitive, new control ideas. It's my first ever LBP experience. Never have see none played by anyone, either. Slim arriving at the series fresh. It's pretty good. Feels slightly repetitive though, dunno why...it's almost like the levels are uninvolved with anything gripping my attention for a long while. I'm enjoying it as a whole, so I'll stick with it.
How far are you?

VanWinkle

One of my favorite levels so far on LBP (I'm on the forth world) is the first level of the third world. Just feels awesome, the combination of the visuals and music.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Disregarding cost, is the castlevania chronicles or ps1 version of SOTN better on the vita?
They're fine compatibility wise, but Symphony of the Night is definitely my preferred Castlevania.

One of my favorite levels so far on LBP (I'm on the forth world) is the first level of the third world. Just feels awesome, the combination of the visuals and music.
Yes. Yes. Nothing can top that world. I'm actually holding off on playing more of the game because I love the third world so much.

vesp

They're fine compatibility wise, but Symphony of the Night is definitely my preferred Castlevania.

Yes. Yes. Nothing can top that world. I'm actually holding off on playing more of the game because I love the third world so much.

Right, but which version is better on the vita?

branny

The moment I cave in from waiting for a sale on MvsC3 digital and just buy it full price digital it will go on sale the following tuesday. I just know it.
Please buy it so I can take advantage of that sale. :p

I'm finding the digital version of BlazBlue to be so much more convenient than the card swapping I need to do every time I want to play UMvC3.

Front mission 3 looks really nice. So does Xenogears. The Vita is really making me view my PS1 games in a whole new light. The colors are all so much more vibrant than while playing on my HDTV from PS3. Those two games in particular always looked pretty rough, but now they are a joy to my eyes. Love my Vita so much more now.
Yeah, it was sort of like this on PSP, but it's more colorful and sharper on the Vita. Being able to better make out details by playing these games on a smaller, more suitable screen is so much nicer than the blown-up, fuzzy visuals many of us had to deal with a long time ago. Even back in the day, I remember not being able to see some stuff clearly like hidden or obscure exits in CG background games when the camera was zoomed way out, haha.

MisterC20XX

Resistance: Retribution online multiplayer is fun! The game description on the PSN store clearly states "Note: Multiplayer Mode Not Included" but it's there and it works--I just played a round of deathmatch against several other people. The Vita's right thumb stick can be mapped to looking up and down for traditional control. The game runs smoothly and the third-person action is reminiscent of Uncharted's mp.

VanWinkle

Resistance: Retribution online multiplayer is fun! The game description on the PSN store clearly states "Note: Multiplayer Mode Not Included" but it's there and it works--I just played a round of deathmatch against several other people. The Vita's right thumb stick can be mapped to looking up and down for traditional control. The game runs smoothly and the third-person action is reminiscent of Uncharted's mp.

Was it quick to find a game? I may get it if it still has a community. Seems like a much better game than Resistance Burning Skies.

KalBalboa

Banned

Wow, really? That's tempting... $10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom