• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they don't call Cho Aniki a baka-ge (idiot game) for nothing.

But it is $10 cheaper, so it really depends on what sort of price he's looking for. Neo Geo is still $20.

NeoGeo Heroes would be my choice. It has more modes to play (especially mission mode, surprisingly fun mode) and content. And you can play as my waifu:

bcdDG.png

spannicus

reply!

sean john @seannyboy39 17 Jul @giantsparrow Love Unfinished Swan, any chance on seeing it on the Vita?

Giant Sparrow @giantsparrow

@seannyboy39 Not currently, but if @PlayStation thinks there's enough demand, anything is possible! 1

Takao

Banned
I've been playing the Ragnarok: O demo and it's really Phantasy Star. Makes sense since it actually has online gameplay, and MH doesn't.

What

You're kidding.

I thought it was fantastic. I'm not a huge jRPG guy but P3P brought me to them. The only jRPG I've liked before that was FFVII and I'm not even sure if that's classified as a "true" jRPG. However, P3P made me want more for some reason.

I have no idea about P3P, but I hear if you like JRPGs, it's the bee's knees.
Perhaps if he gave reasons why, but it's just an opinion at this point. :)

FireCloud

Thats a really bad game, dude. :(

I thought we were really like minded. Especially as far as our mutual regard for Folklore. However I just don't understand the hate for P3P.

persona 3 portable? Every one I've seen talk about it raves at how good it is.

Same here. I've bought Persona 3 four times in one format or another and I really like the improvements made in P3P. Hope you enjoy it.

brentech

Finally went into the store. That's a great deal on Virtua Tennis 4.
$20 for a game I've already sunk over 35hrs into, barely breaking the surface. Can't recommend it enough to anyone that's been on the fence due to price.

Looks great, plays great on the portable.

WatTsu

Thinking about getting a Vita for my birthday. Maybe not the most objective thread to ask it, but is it worth the plunge now? I already have a 3DS and I love it.

Finally went into the store. That's a great deal on Virtua Tennis 4.
$20 for a game I've already sunk over 35hrs into, barely breaking the surface. Can't recommend it enough to anyone that's been on the fence due to price.

Looks great, plays great on the portable.
VT4 is definitely great. It's not without it's flaws mind you, but overall I found it addictive in the same vein as Hot Shots Golf.

brentech

Thinking about getting a Vita for my birthday. Maybe not the most objective thread to ask it, but is it worth the plunge now? I already have a 3DS and I love it.

You'd be surprised if you read the last 3 pages then.

But yes, I do love mine as it reminds me of my PS3, only on the go.

zroid

Banned

I think it's worth the plunge. If it's worth doing so now at its current price, price of memory cards, and game library is something only you can decide.

If you don't happen to have a PSP, however, it's a much easier recommendation. It makes for an awfully good PSP game player if you're okay with all-digital.

daevv

I've been playing a tonne of Hot Shots and Motorstorm since getting my system last week. Loving it so far!! I also have Uncharted and Resistance coming in the mail.

PS3, 360, and 3DS all got/will get Resident Evil games this year.

Vita can't even get a Revelations+Mercenaries port.

Nintendo handled the co-publishing and marketing in the West. That's the great thing about being a multi platform owner...if a decent first or third party title arrives on one system vs. the other/vice/versa, it's win-win. No need to sit in the waiting sidelines, just play those appealing games, wherever they land :)

Takao

Banned
Nintendo handled the co-publishing and marketing in the West. That's the great thing about being a multi platform owner...if a decent first or third party title arrives on one system vs. the other/vice/versa, it's win-win. No need to sit in the waiting sidelines, just play those appealing games, wherever they land :)

I own a 3DS. The hardware is huhuhahuahauha though.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Just bought Hustle Kings and will be double dipping Hot Shots Golf. It's about damn time we got vita sales on psn. Thanks scea!

patsu

Wait is that true? Is Tartarus the only dungeon/battle place in the whole game? Im just starting it for the first time.

Yes, it's a very tall dungeon, divided into multiple areas. The levels are generated on the fly for the most part.

Plus you get bonus "doors" that appear out of nowhere when you're high level enough. These special doors help your team level up quickly.

That game has way too much grinding. And all the grinding is done in one giant dungeon that looks the same the whole time.

This is not wrong too, but it kinda depends on how you play the game. You can tailor each character's combat strategy but I seldom use it. Also, you don't always have to take the entire team with you into the dungeon. If there are fewer people in the team, you level up faster.

The most interesting part is probably customizing your Personas.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
please guys for the love of fuck don't turn this thread into 3DS vs Vita (we already got three pages for 3DS discussion in this thread),so move on already from that comment,pretty please.

patsu

what is the fastest way of upgrading my 16gb card to my 32gb one?

backup and restoring using the PS3 or a PC?

I use a Mac and think it's faster than a PS3 for Vita backup/copy but I didn't do any objective measurement. Perhaps you should wait for more responses from others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom