• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

New Little King Story rules on Vita from September 27th in Europe

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced that it will release New Little King’s Story for the PlayStation(R)Vita handheld entertainment system on September 27th.

from a press release..

Cornbread78

Though, none of that explains why Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, Star Ocean: First Departure, and Star Ocean: Second Evolution aren't on PSN.

damn dude, I would love to play SO and SO2... so sad thsy aren't available still...

Dibbz

Unfortunately the Youtube app is quite restrictive right now. I have to wonder if Sony's doing all these apps internally or if Google, etc. are doing them. I'm going to guess that it's Sony.

Oh that's lame. Hope it gets some updates in the future.

I have MGS Peace Walker on PSP (UMD) is there any way to get that working on Vita or do I need to bend over and pay £15 for it on PSN? :(

Also why does MGS HD collection on Vita not have Peace Walker? Makes no sense since the PS3 and Xbox version have it :|

snap0212

I have MGS Peace Walker on PSP (UMD) is there any way to get that working on Vita or do I need to bend over and pay £15 for it on PSN? :(
You'll have to buy it again. I'd recommend it, though. The experience on Vita was great - the game just plays and looks amazing on it. :)

Also why does MGS HD collection on Vita not have Peace Walker? Makes no sense since the PS3 and Xbox version have it :|
Maybe they're working on a Vita port or something? That'd be great.

sajj316

Oh that's lame. Hope it gets some updates in the future.

I guess Konami figured why use resources for Peace Walker Vita when you already have a very playable Peace Walker PSP (right stick mapping is great). To be honest, I don't see them every making Peace Walker Vita.

Vitacat

Oh damn, this will not end well.

Hmm, I dunno...

As long as Vita specific software is still safe, it may be a good thing in a way. People with UMD's will be more likely to buy a Vita, leading to also buying some Vita specific software. Leading to increased demand for Vita specific software, leading to more Vita software being made...

I would have no guilt over using that loader to play the dozen or so UMD games I have. Heck I can't even buy Tekken DR from PSN if wanted to.

Hmm, I dunno...

As long as Vita specific software is still safe, it may be a good thing in a way. People with UMD's will be more likely to buy a Vita, leading to also buying some Vita specific software. Leading to increased demand for Vita specific software, leading to more Vita software being made...

I would have no guilt over using that loader to play the dozen or so UMD games I have. Heck I can't even buy Tekken DR from PSN if wanted to.

Pretty much what you said here. It's a hack for the PSP emulator so it can't touch the Vita side of things. Of course Sony is going to blow it right out of proportion though. If only the ISO loader team could restrict it to the games that aren't on the PS Store.

Bare breasts covered only with a belt... This image maybe makes no effect because project diva looks like a innocent game, but can you imagine how sexy that dress would be on a real girl? O_O

image.php

FiRez

How likely is that an imported game like project project diva drops its price in the coming months?

As much as I love vocaloid $80~@play-asia it's a bit out of my current budget

Shinriji

How likely is that an imported game like project project diva drops its price in the coming months?

As much as I love vocaloid $80~@play-asia it's a bit out of my current budget

I am just waiting to Grim Heaper plat his game, and sell it to me :)

Lumines - Voyage (1 lap)

e0QQol.jpg

5mAwnl.jpg

Bare breasts covered only with a belt... This image maybe makes no effect because project diva looks like a innocent game, but can you imagine how sexy that dress would be on a real girl? O_O
It's one of my favorite outfits in the game. <3

but it'd look too good irl

I would really enjoy being able to play my copy of Phantasy Star Portable 2. <3

I would really enjoy being able to buy a copy of PSP2. ):

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
If I buy Peace Walker for my Vita, and transfar my save from the PS3 HD Collection, play a bit, then transfar it back will I still get any trophies I might have unlocked while Vita-ing?

Skyzard

Banned
I'm also sorry to hear that Carl, hope things look up soon and all the best mate..

=-==--=

ISO loading with the VHBL...mixed feelings...some games i know will never see the light of day [PS1 more than PSP to be honest - wipeout 2097 and 3:SE etc - heavy red bull adverts]....but not worth risking the system for tbh. We don't need another PSP situation at this stage in the vita's lifecycle...hope they don't release.

Sorry about being slow with treasure park guys, will send some out asap - just been trying to hold off playing TP - only when I'm not tired...but I mostly feel like playing when I'm not the soberest..

=-=-=-=

Nice score, Shinriji!

KAL2006

Banned
Just wanna say I am enjoying the hell out of my Vita. Still playing Virtua Tennis world tour mode, playing a few games of UMvC3 and still need to finish Unit 13. And I haven't even touched Super Stardust, Everybody's Golf, BlazBlue and Mutant Blobs. Then don't get me started on the PSP/PS1 backlog. Also haven't got around to buying Uncharted, Rayman Origins, WipeOut, Sound SHapes, Mortal Kombat and Gravity Rush. And still a few upcoming games this year I am looking forward to like LittleBigPlanet, SFxT, Oddworld, Persona 4, PSASBR, Sonic All Stars Racing, Need for Speed and Assassins Creed.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Unfortunately, saves don't trader between Peace Walker on Vita to PS3.

You possibly could with an iso loader. Hohohoho.

That is if they can trick the emulator into letting Peace Walker think it's actually talking to a PSP to do it

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Unfortunately, saves don't trader between Peace Walker on Vita to PS3.

Seriously? I know I've complained about this before, but the handling of the link between console HD collection and handheld versions of this game has been very poorly managed.

MisterC20XX

Just wanna say I am enjoying the hell out of my Vita. Still playing Virtua Tennis world tour mode, playing a few games of UMvC3 and still need to finish Unit 13. And I haven't even touched Super Stardust, Everybody's Golf, BlazBlue and Mutant Blobs. Then don't get me started on the PSP/PS1 backlog. Also haven't got around to buying Uncharted, Rayman Origins, WipeOut, Sound SHapes, Mortal Kombat and Gravity Rush. And still a few upcoming games this year I am looking forward to like LittleBigPlanet, SFxT, Oddworld, Persona 4, PSASBR, Sonic All Stars Racing, Need for Speed and Assassins Creed.

Happy times, bro, happy times! For all the talk of "Vita has no games" there sure is a lot to play. I'm in a super good position because I never owned a PSone, PS2 or PSP.

I'm still super bummed about my Vita freezing so much lately. Such a rain on my parade, man.

I changed my avatar again, too, guys, since I realized I love Eruka again today. :3

Happy times, bro, happy times! For all the talk of "Vita has no games" there sure is a lot to play. I'm a supper good position because the Vita is my first Sony game system (I never owned a PSone, PS2 or PSP).

He's a liar, he's only playing those games in his head. The Vita still does not have any games.

Just put down a pre-order for the Persona 4 Solid Gold Edition on Gamestop.com

Not sure what the chances are of it actually arriving are, but.. we shall see.
I read that some people were getting cancellation e-mails, so I wish you luck.

Don't say that, i loved shizuka :'(

No, no! As in you gotta replace something good with something good. Can't replace Shizuka with something bad, y'know?

Proudly got my Sound Shapes double plat and I'm thirsting for some more double plats. Is Motorstorm RC that tough? I was kind of turned off by the controls but I'm willing to punish myself to get that double plat.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Proudly got my Sound Shapes double plat and I'm thirsting for some more double plats. Is Motorstorm RC that tough? I was kind of turned off by the controls but I'm willing to punish myself to get that double plat.

The early levels aren't bad. But it seems the later levels get kinda tough. I blame it on the lack of camera options that let you fully see the level so you're having to play rhythm games "watch ahead of the bar/car" in doing things. Kinda annoying. :| There's this one time-trial on a desert track with a monster truck that is pissing me off because you have to go at speed but going at speed makes you slide around the wide-turns and lose the gold medal time. I can't seem to do it and braking is USELESS in the game. :/

My friend wants to buy a Vita. Are there any bundles/deals out there that he should look into? Anything coming up soon?
Thanks

NA/US, I assume? The only upcoming bundle I can think of is the Assassin's Creed Liberation bundle, with the game, 4 GB memory card, and a white Vita. Other than that, only the regular bundles exist. Black Friday is coming up, I guess...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom