• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lepo

Check out the date the first Monster Hunter Portable came out. Most of Capcom's support for PSP came in those first two years. The rest of the platform's life cycle was pretty much just Monster Hunter. No DMC, no Onimusha, no Resident Evil, etc.

psp release date in JP : December 12, 2004

MH release date in JP: December 1, 2005

you are right, I guess I've got confused with the international release dates

Akainu

Check out the date the first Monster Hunter Portable came out. Most of Capcom's support for PSP came in those first two years. The rest of the platform's life cycle was pretty much just Monster Hunter. No DMC, no Onimusha, no Resident Evil, etc.

The thing that kills me most is that we wouldn't even be talking about Monster Hunter today if not for the psp. Sure it was a parasitic type relationship but to just completely ignore it is sad.

VanWinkle

I really love the Arcade section in LBP. Those games show, WAY more than the little challenge minigames, the potential the game creator has in the game. I just played StratoSphere, and was like "what?!" Just a great little game with really nice production values, and it was made with the built in level creator.

List of Capcom games on PSP (on US)

Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower PORT
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X PORT
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX PORT
Mega Man Powered Up REMAKE
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble PORT
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed PORT
Monster Hunter Freedom PORT
Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins REMAKE
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded PORT
Power Stone Collection PORT
Capcom Puzzle World PORT
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 PORT
Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law PORT
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite PORT
Fate/Unlimited Codes PORT
Mega Man Dual Pack PORT
Monster Hunter Freedom Dual Pack PORT

List of Capcom games on PSP (on US) that are not ports or remakes:

None. (that is exactly the same number of exclusive PS3 games that capcom made, or the same number of capcom multiplatform where PS3 version is better than the 360 one)

And we're talking about a console that sold a lot of millions. Mostly on Japan, but a good amount also on US, specially the first years.

So good luck looking for any Capcom game on Vita. And a guy made a thread about Capcom being working for WiiU, like it was something unexpected...

cyborg009

Banned
Hey also those AC3:L had more concept art like one from gamescon

ACLiberations_Shipwreck_Artwork.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/5/54/Assassins_creed_iii_conceptart_TREE.jpg

Takao

Banned
Why did Capcom publish SCEA games in Japan...?

Same reason Atlus published Demon's Souls in North America. SCEJ didn't think God of War would be a big seller in Japan so they passed on it. However, I think that list is mistaken, as I definitely remember SCEJ changing their tune with God of War 3 and all following games.

List of Capcom games on PSP (on US)

Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower PORT
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X PORT
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX PORT
Mega Man Powered Up REMAKE
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble PORT
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed PORT
Monster Hunter Freedom PORT
Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins REMAKE
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded PORT
Power Stone Collection PORT
Capcom Puzzle World PORT
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 PORT
Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law PORT
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite PORT
Fate/Unlimited Codes PORT
Mega Man Dual Pack PORT
Monster Hunter Freedom Dual Pack PORT

List of Capcom games on PSP (on US) that are not ports or remakes:

None. (more or less, the same number of exclusive PS3 games that capcom made)

And we're talking about a console that sold a lot of millions. Mostly on Japan, but a good amount also on US, specially the first years.

So good luck looking for any Capcom game on Vita. And a guy made a thread about Capcom being working for WiiU, like it was something unexpected...

Maverick Hunter X is a remake, and someone told me that UGnG is actually a new game or something. I thought it was a remake too.

Maverick Hunter X is a remake, and someone told me that UGnG is actually a new game or something. I thought it was a remake too.

Yep, UGnG is presented as remake but is different enought to the original to be considered a original game. Probably is the only Capcom original and exclusive game on a Sony machine in the last 6 years.

Takao

Banned
Yep, UGnG is presented as remake but is different enought to the original to be considered a original game. Probably is the only Capcom original and exclusive game on a Sony machine in the last 6 years.

Released in North America. They've done some original games for PSP, like The Last Ranker that never came here. They haven't done any exclusives for Vita, or PS3 though.

Released in North America. They've done some original games for PSP, like The Last Ranker that never came here. They haven't done any exclusives for Vita, or PS3 though.

Probably Capcom didn't realise it that the game that Imageepoch was doing was for a Sony machine until it was too late to cancel it. And then they decided to stealth launch it on Japan and cancel the translation.

Takao

Banned
Probably Capcom didn't realise it that the game that Imageepoch was doing was for a Sony machine until it was too late to cancel it. And then they decided to stealth launch it on Japan and cancel the translation.

Capcom actually filed a US trademark for that game, and Sven was hinting at it. The nothing. A shame too since it looked really cool. :( Seems the witches at Capcom wouldn't even allow third party companies release it here.

Capcom actually filed a US trademark for that game, and Sven was hinting at it. The nothing. A shame too since it looked really cool. :( Seems the witches at Capcom wouldn't even allow third party companies release it here.

Don't worry, they will make an enhanced version for 3DS and release it worlwide.

Nemesis_

FUCKKKK.

I played a REALLY long grinding session of FFIX but my VITA just turned off (battery dead). I plugged it in straight away and the PS button is flashing orange.

Have I lost ALL my progress? It doesn't have like a SPLIT SECONE back-up memory or something?

FUCK.fewbdivsbicuwsdj

Noi

FUCKKKK.

I played a REALLY long grinding session of FFIX but my VITA just turned off (battery dead). I plugged it in straight away and the PS button is flashing orange.

Have I lost ALL my progress? It doesn't have like a SPLIT SECONE back-up memory or something?

FUCK.fewbdivsbicuwsdj

You should be fine. The Vita (and PSP before it) shuts down before you let the battery fully drain away, so if you plug it in it should let you pick right back up once it's charged enough.

lepo

FUCKKKK.

FUCK.fewbdivsbicuwsdj

it should be fine when it comes back

any luck?

Gamespawn

XD

:(

FUCKKKK.

FUCK.fewbdivsbicuwsdj
You're fine. Once it comes back on, you'll be exactly where you left off.

Is TGS going to blow me away Vita-wise?
We've got that box opening app or whatever, so yes, you will be blown away.

FUCKKKK.

FUCK.fewbdivsbicuwsdj
It goes into sleep mode, don't worry. Just find a charger and start charging within the next few hours, which you did do~

Nemesis_

It's charging, just waiting until I can turn it on

EDIT: Yes! It works. BLESS this console. =D

Three hours would've been lost ;_;

MisterC20XX

Wow, I'm finding 'Harvest Moon: Back To Nature' incredibly addictive! This afternoon I put in like 5 hours without even realizing where the time went. I love games like this, simple yet engrossing life simulators where I immediately "get" what's happening and what I need to do. There's something so satisfying about what at first glance seems so mundane: clearing farmland, planting and selling crops, mining, upgrading tools, etc. Great fun!

Jamix012

I'm a bit frustrated that there aren't certain PSP games on the Vita or even the PSN.
Here's a question, does anyone know, or can they hazard a guess to whether we'll get
- MGS: PO
- Megaman: PU
- Kingdom Hearts: BBS
- Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
- Football Manager 2011
- Crisis Core: FF7
- Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble
All games I'm interested in trying but not available. Any posibility that ANY of them will make it?

I'm a bit frustrated that there aren't certain PSP games on the Vita or even the PSN.
Here's a question, does anyone know, or can they hazard a guess to whether we'll get
- Football Manager 2011
All games I'm interested in trying but not available. Any posibility that ANY of them will make it?

BBS has some sort of stupid licensing issue that SE will probably never aim to fix.

Ran rp

Didn't like Treasure Park at first but I just played a few sheets from Near and it finally clicked. Where's that Vitabro list?

B.O.O.M

I'm hoping Gamescom is a sign of things to come at TGS. Imho sony did an excellent job there...now they just need to continue it

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wow, I'm finding 'Harvest Moon: Back To Nature' incredibly addictive! This afternoon I put in like 5 hours without even realizing where the time went. I love games like this, simple yet engrossing life simulators where I immediately "get" what's happening and what I need to do. There's something so satisfying about what at first glance seems so mundane: clearing farmland, planting and selling crops, mining, upgrading tools, etc. Great fun!

I sort of needed to hear this. I wanted to bite, but I wanted some impressions first.

(1) My ToMB game is being stupid. I got some weird message about not being signed in for 24 hours and now I can't see the days left in the tournament, I get no scratch card for today... it seems all sorts of busted.

(2) Fuck Alundra. I got to the cave with the merman boots and was having a blast, until there were no save points in the cave or healing things -- I lost like 450 gold and all my progress (and a random heart container thing I found out in the overworld).

(3) Any chance those "PSOne Classics Updates" made new games transfer from PS3 to Vita for NA? I want my R-Type and Crash games, dammit.

Takao

Banned
PSY・S;42215831 said:
Didn't like Treasure Park at first but I just played a few sheets from Near and it finally clicked. Where's that Vitabro list?

Added yourself here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFBIUmd0bXVfSjRlSG0tbzE2YU1NNUE6MQ

Find people here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...dFBIUmd0bXVfSjRlSG0tbzE2YU1NNUE&rm=full#gid=0

- Football Manager 2011

Portable Ops is on PSN. Some have had success transferring it from PS3. Others have not.

MegaMan Powered Up is on Japanese PSN. Sven said he might bring up a potential PSN release again because apparently SCEA denied it release or something. I imagine Capcom's license for Harvey Birdman is expired so that'll probably never show up. I dunno what's up with Viewtiful Joe though.

KH, and Crisis Core have potential licensing issues. You'd probably be more likely to see an qHD re-release for Vita than a PSN release for those.

As for Football Manager 2011, that's probably up in Europe. It doesn't sound like there will be a 2012 edition for PSP, and the developers have said Vita's possible ... if sales pick up.

jimmypython

CAPCOM has been bad to SCE the entire PS3 generation. All the original multi-platform HD games developed by MT engine are inferior versions (Lost Planet 1+2, Resident Evil 5, etc.). Even the exclusives in Japan are just HD remakes (basara, mhp3rd, okami) or games with tiny budgets (MH cat games). Ironically they have sold tons of those games on SCE's systems in Japan.

cootr

Neo Member
lol, Ima do it like this:

Tag: XIAceOfSpadesIX (I know its dumb)

Retail Vita Games:
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Unit 13
Resistance Burning Skies
Gravity Rush
Dynasty Warriors Next
Blazeblue Extend
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

Download Vita Games:

Motorstorm RC
Treasures of Motnezuma Blitz
Treasure Park
ZEN Pinball 2

Downloaded PSP Games:
Persona
Persona 2
Persona 3
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Coded Arms

dunno if I missed anything

monster hunter freedom unite is a sweet psp download

Takao

Banned
CAPCOM has been bad to SCE the entire PS3 generation. All the original multi-platform HD games developed by MT engine are inferior versions (Lost Planet 1+2, Resident Evil 5, etc.). Even the exclusives in Japan are just HD remakes (basara, mhp3rd, okami) or games with tiny budgets (MH cat games). Ironically they have sold tons of those games on SCE's systems in Japan.

It's not necessarily a new thing either. I suspect the only reason they supported the PS2/PS3 as well as they did was because they had no other choice. At the beginning of that gen you saw them partner up with Nintendo for the Capcom 5, release Xbox/DC exclusives, etc. Heck, even this year they actually published a new Xbox 360 exclusive for Kinect (though, maybe that game shouldn't have been made in the first place) when they've yet to publish any exclusive for PS3.

Is there any reason why FFVII Crisis Core is not available yet on the store?

Supposedly there may be some issues with the music in the game. A song is missing in the digital version of the OST that's on the disc version leading people to believe Square Enix didn't get digital rights for it.

Supposedly there may be some issues with the music in the game. A song is missing in the digital version of the OST that's on the disc version leading people to believe Square Enix didn't get digital rights for it.

so instead of doing the dumb thing and removing the song they're not releasing it digitally to keep the song intact

good plan i say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom