• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's pretty lame if that's the case. Considering it was a big title for the PSP, I would have thought that game to be a priority to make it digital for the PSVita.

Takao

Banned
Though, none of that explains why Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, Star Ocean: First Departure, and Star Ocean: Second Evolution aren't on PSN.

Young Magus

Nice sheet, added myself

Though, none of that explains why Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, Star Ocean: First Departure, and Star Ocean: Second Evolution aren't on PSN.

Man why you had to go and remind me ;__;, they would look so good and the vita

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really love the Arcade section in LBP. Those games show, WAY more than the little challenge minigames, the potential the game creator has in the game. I just played StratoSphere, and was like "what?!" Just a great little game with really nice production values, and it was made with the built in level creator.

Er--Unless Donkey Show and his team changed things from MM's manifesto, EVERYTHING you see/play in LBP as a series is made in-engine. Outside of textures/stickers for graphics, EVERYTHING you see is custom-made in-engine by MM/Donkey Show's team. So...

TheSeks

I hate you Seks

:???:

Also all this talk of PSP1 titles on PSN just reminds me they still haven't put Einhander AND/OR Breath of Fire 3 on the US PSN store. :| Licenses for digital stuff sucks.

Really want this..

a6366a5d8b8eb7baec40bff330b9d89c.jpg

But alas, I am cheap!

Kyon

Banned
:???:

Also all this talk of PSP1 titles on PSN just reminds me they still haven't put Einhander AND/OR Breath of Fire 3 on the US PSN store. :| Licenses for digital stuff sucks.

i asked for your PSN about 4 times in this thread and you ignored every single one *cries*

TheSeks

i asked for your PSN about 4 times in this thread and you ignored every single one *cries*

My friends list is full, bb. :( I guess I need to dump another random person off it.

Dude he's done it to me like 5 times between this thread and the battlefield 3 and bad company 2 threads.
i knot that feel bro. if i even got a response it wouldnt bother me as much >.<

TheSeks

Dude he's done it to me like 5 times between this thread and the battlefield 3 and bad company 2 threads.
i knot that feel bro. if i even got a response it wouldnt bother me as much >.<

I keep hitting the 100 limit. D: And besides, my connection has been spotty these past few months to where playing BF3 (or even any of the BC's) has been spotty. :/

yo i like seks

The microfiber cloth is awesome and the case looks nice and works, but the other stuff doesn't serve much purpose. Stickers, game card "wallet", strap, and charm. Not really worth the price, but I still like it.

Yeah, I want the case the most, honestly. But.. not much of a chance of picking just that up cheap.

Might just get the Persona 4 CE for that case. I do like yellow.

VanWinkle

Made a little video of one of the five games in the Arcade in LBP. Just wanted to show the high production values. Really feels like a good iPhone or Android game (although less content). I didn't think you'd be able to go this in-depth into making your own thing.

Stratosphere (LBP PSVita)

Something weird is that it usually has music, but I think something messed up when I kept putting it in and out of sleep mode while filming. I had to exit out of it and go back in for the music to start back up, but by that time I didn't feel like filming it again, lol.

stoic-lemon

Neo Member
Made a little video of one of the five games in the Arcade in LBP. Just wanted to show the high production values. Really feels like a good iPhone or Android game (although less content). I didn't think you'd be able to go this in-depth into making your own thing.

Stratosphere (LBP PSVita)

Something weird is that it usually has music, but I think something messed up when I kept putting it in and out of sleep mode while filming. I had to exit out of it and go back in for the music to start back up, but by that time I didn't feel like filming it again, lol.

That looks cool. So this is something you can create using the tools in the game?

VanWinkle

That looks cool. So this is something you can create using the tools in the game?

Well, you theoretically could, yes. The devs created all of the levels in the game using the tools that they offer us. I am not creative enough nor do I have enough time to attempt something like this, but it makes me excited to see what the really dedicated LBP creators out there make.

Still waiting on Sony to call regarding the assessment of my Vita, don't see how there is much to assess, it's smashed..... given that it's now taken almost 3 weeks it will be interesting to see what/how many games I am offered as mentioned by the supervisor I spoke with. Hopefully will be able to snag LBP as one of them.

Megatron

Sony's DLC practice just makes me want to punch something. I'm sure it's been lampooned here plenty, but it drives me nuts. I get that brick and mortar stores are going to have sales that don't have to be matched online, but when Sony themselves drops the MSRP of physical copies of games like Mod Nation Racers and Wipeout to $19.99 why are they still $26.99 and $35.99 respectively on PSN? It doesn't make any sense! They should both have dropped to $17.99 at the same time. Why is Sony charging me double to buy the download when I can sell the physical copy and recoup even more of my expenses?

The release times drive me nuts too. Sony should be doing whatever they can to encourage DLing their games, since it staves off the 'evil used game market'. So why do I get to download games AFTER I can buy them in store? The LBP street date was dissolved, but it's not on PSN. I can buy a vita game at Walmart at 12:01am on Tuesday. I have to wait until 5:00pm Pacific at LEAST to get that same game on PSN. These things should be going live at 12:01am on Tuesday at the bare minimum, and ideally, Sony should be releasing at least their first party stuff a week early as a digital download, to encourage more people to buy their games that way. I'd rather buy digitally, but Sony makes it so undesirable to do this. It's like they understand that buying digitally will benefit them the most, but they put absolutely no effort at all into making that palatable to customers.

Retail 39, PSN 29 is how I feel it should be. Resistance is 49 in retail here. :/

@Takao: it says page not found when I click on the google docs?

Dibbz

Finally got my 16GB memory card and can finally use my Vita. Quick question on the youtube app how can I go to people channels? I can't seem to click on the channel's name under the videos and there doesn't seem to be a panel for my own channel.

Takao

Banned
Finally got my 16GB memory card and can finally use my Vita. Quick question on the youtube app how can I go to people channels? I can't seem to click on the channel's name under the videos and there doesn't seem to be a panel for my own channel.

Unfortunately the Youtube app is quite restrictive right now. I have to wonder if Sony's doing all these apps internally or if Google, etc. are doing them. I'm going to guess that it's Sony.

Added myself to the list as well... (elemental_sin)

I'm totally lost on the ragnarok release date at this point.. is it late September or early October for NA?

slightly on-topic/off-topic.. I'm slowly beginning to foam at the mouth in terms of anticipation for p4g... Has anyone watched the anime before? They're apparently releasing it on bluray in NA this coming week, curious if its worth picking up to try to stave off my burning persona desire.

Darkangus

Hey Vitabros. Just popping in to say i wont be around for a few more days. My Grandma died this morning (cancer is a bitch, only 6 months after my Grandad too), so you know. I wont be away for long. Just wanted you to know where i am

My condolences to you Carl. It´s always hard. Stay strong.

Tailer

They may not have felt that going back to reprogram that, and get Sony cert all over again was worth the hassle for a digital release.
Such a shame those two games where the first thing I was looking for when I bought the Vita, but thanks to that I did a leap of faith and bought other PSP games that I normally wouldn't get and enjoy the majority of them. Still would love to play those 2 games.

Added myself to the list as well... (elemental_sin)

I'm totally lost on the ragnarok release date at this point.. is it late September or early October for NA?

slightly on-topic/off-topic.. I'm slowly beginning to foam at the mouth in terms of anticipation for p4g... Has anyone watched the anime before? They're apparently releasing it on bluray in NA this coming week, curious if its worth picking up to try to stave off my burning persona desire.
Game is out in October sometime.

i'll take the challenge. Send it to me.

Nice job on beating it! And then I tripped over your attempt as well, ending my 12 found streak ... lol.

Hope you stay in my friend's list, as I see you're a Zen Pinball 2 fan as well, with competitive (to me) scores and also owning all the tables ...

Vitacat

Sony's DLC practice just makes me want to punch something. I'm sure it's been lampooned here plenty, but it drives me nuts. I get that brick and mortar stores are going to have sales that don't have to be matched online, but when Sony themselves drops the MSRP of physical copies of games like Mod Nation Racers and Wipeout to $19.99 why are they still $26.99 and $35.99 respectively on PSN? It doesn't make any sense! They should both have dropped to $17.99 at the same time. Why is Sony charging me double to buy the download when I can sell the physical copy and recoup even more of my expenses?

The release times drive me nuts too. Sony should be doing whatever they can to encourage DLing their games, since it staves off the 'evil used game market'. So why do I get to download games AFTER I can buy them in store? The LBP street date was dissolved, but it's not on PSN. I can buy a vita game at Walmart at 12:01am on Tuesday. I have to wait until 5:00pm Pacific at LEAST to get that same game on PSN. These things should be going live at 12:01am on Tuesday at the bare minimum, and ideally, Sony should be releasing at least their first party stuff a week early as a digital download, to encourage more people to buy their games that way. I'd rather buy digitally, but Sony makes it so undesirable to do this. It's like they understand that buying digitally will benefit them the most, but they put absolutely no effort at all into making that palatable to customers.

Agreed.

Mitama

Did you guys see this video about the VHBL PSP ISO Loader yet? It's not the one that was posted a couple days ago, this one has nice cover art for the games. Seems like it can use the Vita's options for PSP games too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom