• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
i6l8PzEhrV58t.gif

They're using the same engine from Resistance:BS and the performance wasn't great. maybe the game was rushed out?

It will look great on the small screen. I'm just having trouble with the 4vs4.

Top of the page? yo buy gravity rush

Hey Vitabros. Don't really post in this thread much, but I love my Vita and lurk this thread loads. Just put myself on the list, so feel free to add me. :)
Welcome(sorta), then! :D I've seen you around praising your Vita a bit.

Apparently firmware 1.81 is being rolled out. Will probably block any exploits.

http://n4g.com/news/1083494/ps-vita-1-81-firmware-update-tonight

Hopefully it'll make my Vita lock up a lot less.

Vitacat

The early levels aren't bad. But it seems the later levels get kinda tough. I blame it on the lack of camera options that let you fully see the level so you're having to play rhythm games "watch ahead of the bar/car" in doing things. Kinda annoying. :| There's this one time-trial on a desert track with a monster truck that is pissing me off because you have to go at speed but going at speed makes you slide around the wide-turns and lose the gold medal time. I can't seem to do it and braking is USELESS in the game. :/

I did think the braking was pretty useless too :\ I'm trying to get back into trophy hunting again so I want to get as many double plats as I can. I want to finally surpass a friend of mine who has like 20+, I'm sitting on 12 now and I think if I get another double plat it'll get me real close to level 15 :)

Vitacat

My vita hasn't had a crash yet.

*knocks on wood*

Same for me.

Well, only once. But that was obviously an emulator crashing under VHBL. During normal Vita use mine's been very stable. I really wonder if there's a certain app or game causing it. For example, I do not have Treasure Park and I noticed a lot of people do (since it's free).

WiCkEd_Co

No crashes on my Vita yet and I have had it since day 1, Got the power grip a few weeks ago and want to test it out but have nothing I want to play as of now, LBP soon hopefully.

aett

My Vita locked up for the first time today. I was playing Disgaea 3, selected "Save" from the menu, the game faded to black and nothing happened. The home button was still glowing blue, but the Vita didn't respond to any buttons, so I had to hold down the power button. I didn't expect to see the "safe mode" menu when I restarted it.

My Vita locked up for the first time today. I was playing Disgaea 3, selected "Save" from the menu, the game faded to black and nothing happened. The home button was still glowing blue, but the Vita didn't respond to any buttons, so I had to hold down the power button. I didn't expect to see the "safe mode" menu when I restarted it.

Did you lose your progress? Hopefully not.

I just gotta chime in and say that I really love my Vita. I had that big bout of Buyers Remorse as soon as I took it out of the package, because I was like "when am I ever going to use this?". The answer, apparently: ALL THE TIME. It comes with me to the bathroom, out for a smoke, to the kitchen for recipes, in bed at night for a little MGS2. She makes Youtube videos look better than I've ever seen them. She is still lacking in the games department (I've only played/bought MGS Collection, GR, Tales from Space, Katamari and Lumines), but if it gets enough love, people will develop for it. I never thought I'd say this, but the Vita might be my favorite Sony device since the Walkman.

MGS2 and 3 look so damn good. I had the 360 version and sold it (MGS Collection), because I didn't want to be playing games that looked like PS2 games on my console/big screen TV, but it works so well on the Vita and looks absolutely amazing on that screen. I'd love to see them re-release all of those Sony HD collections on the Vita, but glad to see all those PS1 games making it over.

I hope this thing is just getting going, because the potential is great, but I'm worried the sales have prematurely killed this baby.

Darknight

Hmm.

Question is will the copy of MHFU I bought still work after the update?

If not, I'm not updating (yet). Haven't had a chance to even enjoy the game yet.

I don't care about losing use of VHBL, it was fun seeing some old PSP emus running and Cave Story is nice. But I had my fun, I'm done.

All the update does is disable/block the exploit. The MH game will work fine but you wont be able to boot into vHBL anymore. That is if you update.

Honestly, I read that many PSP games have this exploit in them and people in the scene are constantly looking for them. This helps I guess people with new FW that may have missed it the first time or unaware of the exploit.

Truthfully I had it on FW 1.67 or whatever it was and emulation got boring because my PSP can do lots more with more ease so it was pointless. I hope PSMobile brings in enough cool apps that this sort of stuff wont be needed.

PS: Once the FW is patched, the PSP game with the exploit will eventually return to PSN but it will take a few weeks/months.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Damn, just spend close to 50 euros on just PS One games, I'm happy but some of those I could probably have waited on :p

Which reminds me, how do I disable the prompt that keeps asking if I want to share my purchase as activity, jeez this is annoying..

Your cookies should keep it saved.
I have it activated but it still immediately reverts back after clicking disable mobile site :(

PSY・S;42249174 said:

So wait.. was this confirmed to ever come to the West? I really want to avoid importing anything in Japanese :( I'm going to import a cart of New King's Story though, since us Americans only get a download :(

If we can get moe moe fishing released here why is EDF not announced yet?

I'm getting that fishing game. I'm dying for a fun fishing game on my Vita!

Also, I deleted Motorstorm RC from my Vita weeks ago and just reinstalled it ... I had to do the tutorial again. Does this mean I need to get trophies again :\? I only had a few before so I guess it's not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom