• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

I hate it too. Such a lifeless experience compared to what I expected.

Thankfully P4:G isn't a totally non-immersive point and click affair.

That's somewhat true too. P3P uses a typical Japanese RPG presentation (dialog box at the bottom, with 2D characters "talking" on either side of the screen). All interactions outside the dungeon are 2D art and map based.

I personally prefer it that way because I can trade items, learn the story, and build up social links quickly. It speeds up the game tremendously for a mobile gaming experience. I don't usually like to "waste time" walking in the same town over and over again.

So it's really up to your preferences.

EDIT: There are assorted crafting mechanisms in the game. I completed it without venturing deeply into them. I managed to get by with Persona customization only.

Haliela

PSN updated.

No Gungnir or Unchained Blades on Vita store even though they were made compatible last week.

I wish I could say I'm surprised.

Guys, do you think that peace walker will have a prie drop in a month or two???

I have the HD collection on ps3, but I still need to take it on the go and help a friend in his quest..

oldmario

If anyone else is using the remote access app for vita the guy has added a change to some code here

havng a problem inserting it, when i try put it onto the vita i get a build error but other people in the thread seem to be fine

Famassu

Lulz, we Europeans really do have it much better with the PSP games @ Vita PS Store. AFAIK, we've had Peace Walker, Resistance Retribution, the GTA Stories games etc. available for a long, loooong time (from the start?) whereas you still have to transfer those through PS3.

Cloudy

Banned
so underwhelming that they didn't even bother to write up a separate post to mark the milestone.

Or maybe they're just ashamed it took them this long, so they're acting as nonchalant as possible.

The sale seems to be for sports games to celebrate the Olympics. There is a feature for it in the store

please guys for the love of fuck don't turn this thread into 3DS vs Vita (we already got three pages for 3DS discussion in this thread),so move on already from that comment,pretty please.

i agree

So Totobeni, what don't you like about Persona 3? I want to hear what you think, even if you have said it time and time again!

Cloudy

Banned
i agree

So Totobeni, what don't you like about Persona 3? I want to hear what you think, even if you have said it time and time again!

I'll answer that. I like the game on ps2 but not so much on portable. When you take out the non-dungeon exploration and environments in an rpg (even one with limited exploration like this) the game is reduced to an interactive adventure game and it just feels weird. I didn't sign up to play a point and click adventure game. Also a ton of the anime cutscenes are replaced with the game engine (lame)

If I'd have known it was this nerfed, I wouldn't have bought it since I already had Fes

DR2K

Banned
I hate it too. Such a lifeless experience compared to what I expected.

Thankfully P4:G isn't a totally non-immersive point and click affair.

Point and click cuts a lot of the fat. P3P is amazing, got my 12 year old dudebro shooter brother into it and he's loving it.

patsu

It's under featured and it says "the games". I'm pretty sure they can't use the word Olympics unless they're a partner or sponsor

I see the section now. Wondering why they can't pick a better phrase than "The Games".

I guess a discount is a discount is a discount.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So I really want to play Crisis Core right now. The fact that it hasn't a digital version/playable on Vita yet is almost a crime.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Man, the PS+ sale this week is such a tease. I was tempted to get a card but I know that there simply isn't enough content right now for Sony to even acknowledge the system with further discounts in coming weeks.

Point and click cuts a lot of the fat. P3P is amazing, got my 12 year old dudebro shooter brother into it and he's loving it.
It's an RPG. I want the exploration, the immersion, the feeling of being in an actual world - I want the fat.

Not a blue dot that represents my character.

It's my fault that I expected a perfect port after all the online adulation, but I hadn't thought that most of the people praising the game already got the full P3 experience through the original or FES. I didn't, so I'm left with a soulless husk of what the creators originally intended me to experience.

So I really want to play Crisis Core right now. The fact that it hasn't a digital version/playable on Vita yet is almost a crime.
Oh my God, yes. And PSP2 and BbS and Tekken Dark Resurrection and Peace Walker and...

Cloudy

Banned

A game like persona is about immersion in the plot and characters. A lot of that is done with dialogue but the cutscenes and environments are important as well. "Cutting the fat" is basically gutting the game IMO. Maybe it'd be different if I hadn't started playing it on ps2 but I don't think so

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Makes you wonder. Like, Square saying they can't do BBS makes sense, but there's no reason that can't be up. Of course, if the GTAs are just now being officially supported, who knows what's going on with Vita compatibility.

I'll answer that. I like the game on ps2 but not so much on portable. When you take out the non-dungeon exploration and environments in an rpg (even one with limited exploration like this) the game is reduced to an interactive adventure game and it just feels weird. I didn't sign up to play a point and click adventure game. Also a ton of the anime cutscenes are replaced with the game engine (lame)

If I'd have known it was this nerfed, I wouldn't have bought it since I already had Fes

It's better on PS2, huh? P3P was my first go at it and it's just... alright. I didn't know it was a worse copy of the game until after the fact and it felt a little underwhelming, especially since all I heard were good things about the series. FES is on PSN under PS2 classics, right? Maybe I'll pick it up soon to try it out...

patsu

Hmph, when P4:Golden is here, I will have a chance to see "the other" (or rather the original) Persona style.

Whatever in P3P is deep enough for me since I didn't get to see like half the stuff. I didn't complete all the social links and didn't explore all the mechanics.

Cloudy

Banned
It's an RPG. I want the exploration, the immersion, the feeling of being in an actual world - I want the fat.

Not a blue dot that represents my character.

It's my fault that I expected a perfect port after all the online adulation, but I hadn't thought that most of the people praising the game already got the full P3 experience through the original or FES. I didn't, so I'm left with a soulless husk of what the creators originally intended me to experience.

Well said. That's exactly how I feel about it. I don't think a port should totally bastardize the original material.

If they release Crisis Core digitally I'm gonna have to make some extra room in my bed for my Vita because it will never leave my side again!

Cloudy

Banned
It's better on PS2, huh? P3P was my first go at it and it's just... alright. I didn't know it was a worse copy of the game until after the fact and it felt a little underwhelming, especially since all I heard were good things about the series. FES is on PSN under PS2 classics, right? Maybe I'll pick it up soon to try it out...

It's like a while different game on ps2. You can probably get it for real cheap if you have a ps2 or a backwards compatible ps3

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Makes you wonder. Like, Square saying they can't do BBS makes sense, but there's no reason that can't be up. Of course, if the GTAs are just now being officially supported, who knows what's going on with Vita compatibility.

The BBS case is an odd one as well since SE already said it's not due to Disney.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
BBS's situation only gets more puzzling when you realize that Dream Drop Distance will be released on the eShop.

Hmm... well, I got nothing. I messaged Yoshida-san on Twitter about those games being absent and he at least acknowledged it.

patsu

I'm googling P3P length, and people are saying it's 50+ hours min. If this is true I'll never be able to finish this game, $10 wasted

I was able to complete the game over 1-2 months. Played it in short sessions throughout the day. You don't have to get all the social links or Personas to beat the game.

Without Vita, I'd say it would be impossible for me to finish since I can only find time to play at late nights.

The new P3P format makes the game progress quickly. That's why I'm thankful they made it this way.

I finally got to try a vita hands on and it's definitely a nice handheld but I just can't get my head around the price. The load times on the uncharted demo felt absolutely horrible though. Is that the case with the full game or is the demo just messed up?

I was able to complete the game over 1-2 months. Played it in short sessions throughout the day. You don't have to get all the social links or Personas to beat the game.

Without Vita, I'd say it would be impossible for me to finish since I can only find time to play in late nights.

The new P3P format makes the game progress quickly. That's why I'm thankful they made it this way.

This. All these complaints about how terrible some cutscenes missing are and some exploration being cut. I'm immersed. I'm having fun. I'm grinding without having to commit all those hours to sitting down in front of my tv. Portables suit RPG's so much better.

Slurmer

Banned
I finally got to try a vita hands on and it's definitely a nice handheld but I just can't get my head around the price. The load times on the uncharted demo felt absolutely horrible though. Is that the case with the full game or is the demo just messed up?

I just finished the game, and will say it mustve been the demo. The only noticeable loading is when you start up a game from what I remember. Side note, I was really impressed with it. It's fantastic and doesn't get anywhere near the praise it deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom