• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
People just want some megaton announcements, something big, something like PS3 back in 2006 or 3DS TGS last year. Something to look forward to, and that is something Vita ain't got at the moment.

Can someone make me a little summary? Was the conference that bad?

not really that bad imo, there were a few games annouced just that it would have been alot better or more acceptable if we got those plus news/footage on other stuff that has been annouced ages ago like FFX HD

Yeah, but there is hardly any 3rd party support right now. Japan tries.

I don't agree publishers put entries from following IPs on it

EA sports (we may like it or not but those games are huge)
Call of Duty
Assassins Creed
Need for Speed

Apart from GTA (rockstar seems to lost all interest in handhelds) and Bethsheda (never on handhelds) those are some of the most recognizable franchises from western devs that aren't owned by platform holder.

Compared to that Japan is the one not trying imho.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Thanks for the info ;)

Senran Kagura on vita was unespected!
I hope that vhalhalla knight 3 is way better than the previous 2.
What is oboru muramasa?

I don't agree publishers put entries from following IPs on it

EA sports (we may like it or not but those games are huge)
Call of Duty
Assassins Creed
Need for Speed

Apart from GTA (rockstar seems to lost all interest in handhelds) and Bethsheda (never on handhelds) those are some of the most recognizable franchises from western devs that aren't owned by platform holder.

Compared to that Japan is the one not trying imho.

Its not the CoD I imagined, its made by Nihilistic. Apart from AC we haven't seen footage of Fifa or NFS yet.

Rockstar could make a SA Stories, PSP had LCS and that was definetly a system seller.

Toki767

I wonder who approved of this message. It doesn't seem so kid friendly.

6FS7h.jpg

Its not the CoD I imagined, its made by Nihilistic. Apart from AC we haven't seen footage of Fifa or NFS yet.

Rockstar could make a SA Stories, PSP had LCS and that was definetly a system seller.

It's doesn't matter who makes CoD - people will still buy it - look at some crazy showelware for Wii like Deca sports which sold millions because of good looking covers.

Internet is just a top of gamers pyramid - that few % well informed minority.

Sintoid

My happiness and fait are gone now, I knew it was happening and I was prepared but it's sad the same... Sony killed Vita helped by third parties... reminds me Caesar stabbed to death by senators and his son Brute...

So sad...

It's doesn't matter who makes CoD - people will still buy it - look at some crazy showelware for Wii like Deca sports which sold millions because of good looking covers.

If it gets advertised right. And the well informed minority expected a good port since Sony said it was really easy and quick to port from the ps3. I know its a different game, but I wouldve taken Blops II.

GavinGT

Banned

Wii shovelware sells because the majority of Wii owners are uninformed. Vita owners, on the other hand, are well-informed early adopters who aren't likely to buy bad games in droves.

kiyomi

Just woke up to the 'news'.

Hmm. :|

Well, I still love my Vita, just give me P4G in Europe soon. And SS. Muramasa Vita? Awesome.

This industry proved many times that one cannot really forecast the events that a platform will go trough.
This thread is leading to the same nonsense we dealt on the PS3 launch, with developer betrayaltons and missing killer titles.
Still, they got trough that, and even if it looks like they haven't learned much from that, there is definetely still time and space left for the PSV in the market.

This industry proved many times that one cannot really forecast the events that a platform will go trough.
This thread is leading to the same nonsense we dealt on the PS3 launch, with developer betrayaltons and missing killer titles.
Still, they got trough that, and even if it looks like they haven't learned much from that, there is definetely still time and space left for the PSV in the market.

I believe change is coming with the next hardware revision. Still, what an awful first year.

the PS3 situation is completely different ther is no real comparison, it was selling better than Vita is now for a start and had nearly every major Japanese franchise already annouced (as exclusives at the time)

Sintoid

Release in october with 30 games.

Is there any new info about online/multiplayer and trophy support for PSMobile titles?

the PS3 situation is completely different ther is no real comparison, it was selling better than Vita is now for a start and had nearly every major Japanese franchise already annouced (as exclusives at the time)

True - It's like eastern developers are sending a message to Sony:"We have no interest in Vita, we want to push just one hardware so please don't bother us"

kitzkozan

I'm sure I will enjoy what ever Sony can bring to the Vita in the time it has left, but as a competent competitor to the 3DS, and a worthy successor to the PSP, it's clear that it's a bust. Welcome to Wonderswan Country.

That said, give me Muramasa on that OLED!

Meh, they screwed up bad and there's nothing I can do outside of supporting the damn thing. :p I wanted a better PSP than what was offered and it's the Vita. Too bad if it will flop, but I still have access to most of what I wanted out of that PSP library ( along with PSOne classics ) .

Sony should be very careful going into the next gen if they already have a possible flop on their hands. 3DS will become an absolute juggernaut if it's unchallenged since it will gather even more third party support and Nintendo is about to blow them out of the water in Japan with that insane PS3 pricing versus the Wii U. Getting destroyed by Nintendo in Japan or Microsoft in the US would not be a good look. There just doesn't seem to be anyone with a vision worth a damn at Sony these days. I fear what could happen if Sony unveil a 400$ + price point for the PS4...

True - It's like eastern developers are sending a message to Sony:"We have no interest in Vita, we want to push just one hardware so please don't bother us"

Really? For me this is such a dejavu, there were identical complaints as yours, and the lineup was nothing compared to the PSV, I can't believe you can put on the same level the past announcements of announcements of titles that were cancelled or switched platforms on the way.
Who'll live will see I guess

Jawmuncher

Is there any word yet if

Muramasa and Senran kagura will get translated for EU NA launch?

I'm pretty certain Muramasa will but Senran Kagura seems like it wouldn't.
Hell its been out a year in japan or more for the 3DS and a localization never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom