• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinriji

I was sleeping what happen at TGS?

judging by the other thread it seems like E3 again?

Behind the hyperbole, was way better than E3 (but worst than Gamescon)

- PS Mobile in October 2
- PS+ for Vita in November
- Some games were annouced (God Eater 2, Senran Kagura, Valhalla Knights 3, Muramasa, Toukiden, NGS 2 Plus)

And isn't over yet.

I finally picked up a 3G Vita this morning. I got a 4GB memory card along with Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and I'm currently downloading Atlus' Persona collection from the store. Even though I was fortunate enough to play a demo unit earlier this year with Gravity Rush, the Vita still left quite an impression. The screen is beautiful and the handheld feels solid. I really don't understand why Sony doesn't advertise the system more, as I personally had no idea it would be such an improvement in comparison to the PSP. I couldn't find LittleBigPlanet on the store yet so I'll try and download a few PsOne classics. I plan to get a 32 GB card next week along with Gravity Rush and Fifa 13, and will look through this thread for more recommendations. It really was the enthusiasm in this thread that convinced me to get a vita and I'd like to thank you all for that. I created a new PSN account for my Vita, SubtleCloud, and hope to get a few new friends from Gaf.

Welcome to VitaGAF :)

If you're in the EU then it will update around 4-5pm :) Unfortunately I don't get my Vita back till tomorrow but will be downloading LBP tonight ready for it.

Regarding having made a new account, hopefully you didn't have anything on your previous PSN account that would have been included in the cross buy promotion as that would mean you are missing out on the free Vita versions.

Hustle Kings, Motorstorm RC, DLC for Wipeout HD, Soundshapes can't think of the others off the top of my head.

Hanmik

how did you get into the battle royal beta for vita? on the ps3 one, wouldve prefered that one instead.. lucky

I signed up on the EU blog.. and got lucky.. got an email yesterday.. great looking game.. 60Fps.. but the Vita´s screen is maybe a tad bit to small for this kind of game..

Posting my honest opinions in the "sell your Vita" thread is apparently a terrible idea. As someone who loves my Vita (since selling my FEB and rebuying on the cheap...), I apparently am not allowed to be critical of the system I support now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but TGS didn't announce any exclusive Vita titles, did it? Just ports and remakes?

I'm excited to be a Vita owner (again), and I'd tell ANYONE interested in gaming to find a used one pronto. But why is my opinion less valuable than others? Because I'm not holding my Vita on a pedestal as the greatest gaming system ever made?

I'm not sure why anyone would even open that thread, not going to be anything but the worst trolls from either side in there.

sajj316

Is there a comprehensive list of all Vita TGS announcements? So far we have ..

- God Eater 2
- Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma Plus
- Vita with 2 additional colors (Blue and Red)
- PlayStation Mobile launching 10/3 with 30 titles and two new hardware partners (Fujitsu and Sharp)
- PS+ coming to Vita in November - additional 1 GB of storage for Vita saves
- Valhalla Knights 3, Senran Kagura, and Oboro Muramasa

anything else I'm missing?

- God Eater 2
- PlayStation Mobile launching 10/3 with 30 titles and two new hardware partners (Fujitsu and Sharp)

Toukiden

I'm not sure why anyone would even open that thread, not going to be anything but the worst trolls from either side in there.

Yeah I hope they start laying the bans down in that thread but since it's bashing Sony, they're just going to let it go and let the trolls have their fun :\

Anyway, after thinking about the conference, I think the presser was decent actually, it just lacked megatons. It had stuff to interest both Japanese gamers and fans of Japanese games but it didn't have something huge, you know?

Shinriji

Yeah I hope they start laying the bans down in that thread but since it's bashing Sony, they're just going to let it go and let the trolls have their fun :\

Anyway, after thinking about the conference, I think the presser was decent actually, it just lacked megatons. It had stuff to interest both Japanese gamers and fans of Japanese games but it didn't have something huge, you know?

I think that some multiplatform 3DS/Vita games will be announced in this TGS. The lack of new 3DS games is weird.

Vitacat

So frustrated. Psn still wont let me buy anything. Error np-2244-2 every damn time since last night.

Just emailed support but expecting a useless, canned reply instead of real help.

Sony makes great stuff, but everything else is a total fucking disaster.

Yeah I hope they start laying the bans down in that thread but since it's bashing Sony, they're just going to let it go and let the trolls have their fun :

Hope you realize most of the people complaining are the people who have most supportive of the Vita in this thread, and actually own it.

VanWinkle

PS+ and PS Mobile both have me pumped. I'm not huge into most Japanese games, so the rest of the stuff didn't really have an impact on me. Would have liked to see some exclusives announced, however.

daoster

- God Eater 2

+ Toukiden.

And this does not depress anybody else? For a conference that's purported to have a big focus on the Vita, there were only 6 newly announced games (and NG2S wasn't even announced in the conference...guess they wasted too much time on the Wonderbook!), two of which are also PSP games (Gundam and God Eater 2), one of which is a port of of a couple years old Wii game, and NGS2 is a port of a PS3/X360 game.

So we are left with what...2 games that are truly original for the Vita?

And nothing from Capcom...or Konami (was hoping for ZoE HD, but that is truly vaporware for Vita now), or Square Enix (we're probably more likely to see Type-0 for the PS3 and Xbox 360 now, than Vita).

We didn't even see a new Vita game from Sony themselves...at their own conference...has this happened before? This does not bother anybody else?

I mean, it's great that some of you are happy with what you saw, but I want more for the Vita. I really do.

RpgN

I just checked things out and SunFlowers trophies now do show on the servers, thanks to the person who asked about it on twitter!

Even though the conference was a letdown, I've been busy with some Vita games as usual. Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour mode completed (love the game, will play more with it after other games), Sound Shapes campaign mode completed and 11 death modes done (very interesting and unique game, it was far better than expected), SunFlowers progress about halfway through (still fun, consistent and familiar) and still playing some free apps (Treasure Park steals the crown, Ecolibrium is good but a bit annoying with the challenges).

And so it still feels great to be an owner, doom and gloom is hardly on my mind when I'm playing. Today we'll also have LBP on the store, that's going to be another game to get busy with.

Mondriaan

PS3 Ad-hoc maybe? Something? I want to be able to play with folks. I don't have friends that play these games...
If you're running a wired connection to your PS3, there's nothing particularly difficult about using ad hoc party. The application is a little bit clunky (pretty much like using Monster Hunter Tri's online system except that you can password protect a room you're hosting, use a decent voice chat system, have a decent way of messaging people outside your room while questing, and kick people out of the room you're hosting), though.

RpgN

+ Toukiden.

And this does not depress anybody else? For a conference that's purported to have a big focus on the Vita, there were only 6 newly announced games (and NG2S wasn't even announced in the conference...guess they wasted too much time on the Wonderbook!), two of which are also PSP games (Gundam and God Eater 2), one of which is a port of of a couple years old Wii game, and NGS2 is a port of a PS3/X360 game.

So we are left with what...2 games that are truly original for the Vita?

And nothing from Capcom...or Konami (was hoping for ZoE HD, but that is truly vaporware for Vita now), or Square Enix (we're probably more likely to see Type-0 for the PS3 and Xbox 360 now, than Vita).

We didn't even see a new Vita game from Sony themselves...at their own conference...has this happened before? This does not bother anybody else?

I mean, it's great that some of you are happy with what you saw, but I want more for the Vita. I really do.

Japanese companies truly do suck for the most part tbh. And it's not because of their vision, but most their games are ports, remakes, enhanced versions nowadays. They're being so lazy and scared to invest any amount of money for an original game. It's becoming more apparent and annoying.

Vitacat said:
So frustrated. Psn still wont let me buy anything. Error np-2244-2 every damn time since last night.

I've been having that problem too. This might be handy to you but if you input any of your details wrong during transactions, Sony actually blocks your credit card for at least 24 hours. I got to hear that yesterday, you might want to wait a bit before trying. I hope it works again in time for LBP myself :/

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If you're running a wired connection to your PS3, there's nothing particularly difficult about using ad hoc party. The application is a little bit clunky (pretty much like using Monster Hunter Tri's online system except that you can password protect a room you're hosting, use a decent voice chat system, have a decent way of messaging people outside your room while questing, and kick people out of the room you're hosting), though.

Thankfully, I run wired on all my gaming rigs (well, Vita isn't an option). I'll look into it when I hop online with MHFU after getting my HR up, ha.

sajj316

Hmm no one made a round up thread for the announcement,seems like a lot things were shown.

Nothing yet .. if you want to create it :)

so far we have the following

- God Eater 2
- Toukiden
- Gundam Breaker

- God Eater 2
- Toukiden
- Gundam Breaker

Where is that Orange Vita.

cyborg009

Banned

- God Eater 2
- Toukiden
- Gundam Breaker

Your a member too :p

I would but I didn't see the presentation, I'll still do it if I can get all the info

Mondriaan

Thankfully, I run wired on all my gaming rigs (well, Vita isn't an option). I'll look into it when I hop online with MHFU after getting my HR up, ha.
There's probably no need to get your HR up first.

It's probably a better experience if you don't have 3 comrades with g-rank equipment bum rushing the bosses and killing them in seconds, though, which might be an argument against just jumping straight into ahp.

There are other low rank gaffers and I think I have a HR 1 character somewhere.

Skyzard

Banned
So Jawad on the EU blog is saying that LBP will available on the store by Friday, not today in the UK.

Also someone asked why the vita version of JSR was delayed and he said

"it's a different game, sort of".

DOUCHE. Like waiting a month isn't bad enough already, we are left second guessing your shitty replies too.

Hanmik

So Jawad on the EU blog is saying that LBP will available on the store by Friday, not today in the UK.

Also someone asked why the vita version of JSR was delayed and he said

"it's a different game, sort of".

Isn´t that just the Uk version of LBP.? rest should be fine..?

mauaus

yuck, awful conference from SCEJ, i was hoping for more third parties to step up... the vita is not doomed... yet, lets hope this holiday season get some third party attention

Shinriji

will Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma Plus have the same MP content as the consoles?

Hopefully yes. Coop missions was incredible fun if you were playing with someone that knew the game.

Damn you, Master Ninja Missions 4 and 6, that separates me from the plat on that game.

ZM7nH.jpg
sweet

Hmm no one made a round up thread for the announcement,seems like a lot things were shown.

Don't make one if you haven't already. It'll just be filled with hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom