• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

all this No games.. sell Vita .. doom.. bla bla bla makes me depressed.. luckily my vita disagrees.

6ImqM.jpg

n4DUk.jpg

eow7F.jpg

yKMDV.jpg

;o)

hertog

all this No games.. sell Vita .. doom.. bla bla bla makes me depressed.. luckily my vita disagrees.

*shitloadofgames.jpg
;o)

yeah me too:

installed right now:

everybodies golf
mutant blobs attack
metal gear solid HD collection
disgaea 3
gravity rush
TOM Blitz
Final Fantasy IV complete
Corpse party
trails in the sky
final fantasy tactics
soundshapes
Tekken
silent hill
FFVII
FFIX
ridge racer type 4
MGS
Resident evil 2
Vagrant Story
Oddworld: Abe's Exodus
Grandia
Zen Pinball 2
Treasure Park

Ok, so I checked some Senran Kagura vids on YT, OMG. o_O

I think that's 3 for 3 intended purchases as far as GE2, SK, and Masumura.

NGS2 will be good to have too.

RpgN

Sigh...another conference with no mention of FF Type-0 or FFX. It was a terrible show only because I wanted those games, I'm fed up of waiting and hearing nothing about them.

Hanmik

i'm juggling 4 -32- gig cards. No jokes.

WHAT...? I only have a 16Gb that I use (ok I also have a 4Gb but I do not use that)...

you might have ALOT of PS1 and PSP games then.. because there are no Vita games, and we must all sell it.. (according to some threads in here)

Sigh...another conference with no mention of FF Type-0 or FFX. It was a terrible show only because I wanted those games, I'm fed up of waiting and hearing nothing about them.

Exactly 1 year later and we still have yet to see a single screenshot of FFX HD.

mandiller

My Vita keeps asking me to update to firmware 1.81 but it keeps timing out around 4% each time I try to upgrade. Is this normal? It doesn't matter if I upgrade over wifi or by connecting to my PC.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
you might have ALOT of PS1 and PSP games then.. because there are no Vita games

seems like tons of Vita games to me - not that i'd say they are all particularly for everyone or all S+ grade or even A+ grade, but certainly stuff worth at least playing.

Shinriji

So Muramasa HD was true afterall.

Never played Muramasa, but somewhat enjoyed Odin Sphere. Senran Kagura it's OK, but I rather have a new Ikkitousen brawler.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Screw Muramasa, was there anything, even a mention of Dragon's Crown? That's the Vanillaware game we're all interested in. Such a shame that most upcoming games are from Japanese houses, which are still in their post-2006 slow, grinding development limbo.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
This thread is a safe haven to my from other Gaf threads tormented mind. *rests*

For me personally, the Vita's current and future lineup is looking pretty good. The latest trailers for Soul Sacrifice and Gods Eater 2 reinforce that. And since I missed out on the PSP, I have plenty of software there to keep me busy while I wait for new Vita games. I will be taking the plunge in late October when the Assassin's Creed III: Liberation bundle is released. I'll be getting that along with the new Zero Escape (and a PSN card for a couple of PSP games). Should be fun.

Isn't it 5€/$ cheaper than retail as usual?

LittleBigPlanet Vita
Compatible with PlayStationVita only.

Play with everything, everywhere with Sackboy and LittleBigPlanet PS Vita. Set out on an
adventure to bring joy and laughter back to the fairground planet of Carnivalia and create and share
your own games in more ways than ever before.

Price: £29.99,€34.99,AU$47.95

From the EU Blog

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/09/19/heads-up-game-store-update-19-september-2012/#more-84534

subtles

I finally picked up a 3G Vita this morning. I got a 4GB memory card along with Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and I'm currently downloading Atlus' Persona collection from the store. Even though I was fortunate enough to play a demo unit earlier this year with Gravity Rush, the Vita still left quite an impression. The screen is beautiful and the handheld feels solid. I really don't understand why Sony doesn't advertise the system more, as I personally had no idea it would be such an improvement in comparison to the PSP. I couldn't find LittleBigPlanet on the store yet so I'll try and download a few PsOne classics. I plan to get a 32 GB card next week along with Gravity Rush and Fifa 13, and will look through this thread for more recommendations. It really was the enthusiasm in this thread that convinced me to get a vita and I'd like to thank you all for that. I created a new PSN account for my Vita, SubtleCloud, and hope to get a few new friends from Gaf.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Posting my honest opinions in the "sell your Vita" thread is apparently a terrible idea. As someone who loves my Vita (since selling my FEB and rebuying on the cheap...), I apparently am not allowed to be critical of the system I support now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but TGS didn't announce any exclusive Vita titles, did it? Just ports and remakes?

I'm excited to be a Vita owner (again), and I'd tell ANYONE interested in gaming to find a used one pronto. But why is my opinion less valuable than others? Because I'm not holding my Vita on a pedestal as the greatest gaming system ever made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom