• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitacat

I stayed up for TGS, and I am literally a little depressed right now.

I love this little system. I guess Sony doesn't.

At this point, I'm just gonna enjoy it while it lasts. We still have a few good games coming for it. But I don't expect or hope for much now.

Well, good night. :-/

Akainu

IKn1C.gif

am i gonna get killed if i say i liked what i saw

no exclusives except toukiden but there's a few games there that i will love

EDIT: wait nevermind that's psp too i think

branny

It was getting too positive in these recent Vita general discussion threads. I'm glad it's back to the usual quasi-suicidal mood.

You're not allowed to be hyped for Soul Sacrifice, God Eater 2, or Ninja Boobies!

I hated Muramasa, so you can like that all you want. :p

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | PS+ so you can keep getting the same free game every month
I approve.

Ponn

Banned

EDIT: wait nevermind that's psp too i think

I was happy about Muramasa but honestly if you don't import then those announcements won't mean anything for us in the U.S. not that they were system sellers to begin with. I love XSeed and what they do but I can't see anyone taking a chance on localizing those games.

Mondriaan

My expectations must have been very low. I was glad to hear about Gods Eater 2.

Muramasa was something of a surprise. I thought that it would have shown up on PSN for the PS3 by now. I enjoyed Odin's Sphere more than Muramasa, but I would probably get either again because of the gorgeous 2D graphics.

And, of course, ninja tits are awesome. At least this time it will be easy to import.

Noi

Muramasa, Senran Kagura (since I can actually import it and play it on a region free system now) and the new Omega Force game are good enough reasons for me to look forward to next year, Soul Sacrifice aside. Wish SE had done more than just have FFXIV on the PS3 montage reel though.

let's try and make the next thread title positive

please

You're not allowed to be hyped for Soul Sacrifice, God Eater 2, or Ninja Boobies!

I will take all three and love them and cherish them.

and toukiden too

It's almost 2 AM and I need to sleep, like, ASAP since I need to be up at 6, so... goodnight, friends!

yurinka

Oboro Muramasa: The Demon Blade is great for me, ninja boobs kinda meh, not interested in God Eater or Gundam.
I have no idea about Valhalla Knights, Toukiden.
I'm interested on Soul Sacrifice, sucks to wait more.
PSN+ free is cool, no bigger new games is deppresing.

Skyzard

Banned
It was getting too positive in these recent Vita general discussion threads. I'm glad it's back to the usual quasi-suicidal mood.

I approve.

Haha +1

:'(

Is it worrying that they completely ignored NFSMW and Sonic and Sega Allstars Transformed?

I'm sure I will enjoy what ever Sony can bring to the Vita in the time it has left, but as a competent competitor to the 3DS, and a worthy successor to the PSP, it's clear that it's a bust. Welcome to Wonderswan Country.

That said, give me Muramasa on that OLED!

VanWinkle

Conference was terrible. Anyway, I'm excited for Playstation Mobile, because it means we will be getting 30 more games (albeit not at usual Vita-quality level) on October 3rd. Could pave the way for more indie type game and what-not. I hope it becomes a success.

daoster

It wasn't just the Vita...that whole conference was just miserable.

For all the talk about how SCEJ is being revitalized because of two games they showed at Gamescom, they were fucking non-existent here.

SCEJ might have not made many games for the PS3, but what happened to the studio that brought us Loco Roco, Patapon, and 100 man ton no bara bara?

Vita needs a price cut. Ports of old PS2 games will not cut it. PS3 ports will not cut it. And certainly upscaled PSP games will not cut it. As long as PSP dominates the Vita, developers will NOT develop games sole for the Vita.

The fact that Sony thinks Vita can continue to do well until E3 at the earliest for a price drop is fucking laughable.

And I know this is a Vita thread, but don't even get me started on what I saw for the PS3 from today's conference.

Gods Eater 2 nice, some good announcements.

I guess I'm a little slower paced than others because I'm still into my Vita and feel there is enough content, present and future. They aren't looking to turn their sales around at this time, and that is unfortunate, but I don't get the impression it has been abandoned either.

Watched the conference, was happy. I want several of the games.

Come to neogaf, vita is somehow deader. Fuck it, atleast it's giving the Wii-U folks a break from having their balls busted for a few hours.

Mondriaan

Conference was terrible. Anyway, I'm excited for Playstation Mobile, because it means we will be getting 30 more games (albeit not at usual Vita-quality level) on October 3rd. Could pave the way for more indie type game and what-not. I hope it becomes a success.
I think it's possible that with PS Mobile we'll finally see the kind of ecosystem that the PS1 had with the really strange games. It's probably better to grow many small independent studios than to lure really big ones with moneyhats and hope that they stick around.

lepo

As Sony announced , they switched the focus on vita during the press conference

But , a part from GE2 and Soul Sacrifice, are those other games really worth mentioning at such an important press conference?!

I mean , Senga Kagura!?! A random Gundam game and a port from the wii

It's pretty sad if this is the level of support they are getting from third party in Japan. This time around I was really expecting they would show the big guns

Those titles are perfectly fine if you are doing a vita heaven .. but come on, that was TGS 2012 press conference

I am somehow confused

Duh, so glad i did not stay up, Muramasa is nice, but yeah, awful, sony and his plans for the vita...smh

Oh well, Djmax Tune should last me a while, now i´m going to cry in a corner.

zroid

Banned
Alright I'm done being a negative nancy for today. In the morning I will wake up and remember that I still have LBP and P4G to look forward to.

Takao

Banned
Honestly, the worst thing is I didn't even have high hopes. I was just expecting ports, and would've been fine with ports of big name games. Instead it's God Eater and the Japan-only brigade.

Ponn

Banned
LBP is the 25th on PSN in North America. There will be a demo alongside it.

Oh that sucks, they released it mega-early retail. You would think they could react quicker with their DD.

Alright I'm done being a negative nancy for today. In the morning I will wake up and remember that I still have LBP and P4G to look forward to.

You're not alone. I was thinking of going a little wild and upgrading to a 32GB stick and finally getting UMvsC3 digitially and for the heck of it LBP digitally to celebrate my Vita and then this just sucked all that right out of me. I'm going to just sleep and see what tomorrow brings.

lepo

On a positive note , Soul Sacrifice new trailer looks really good

have you noticed that giant sea monster with the female head.. that was impressive

Poyunch

Okay Vita GAF, I've been holding out for the White Vita before buying but now that they've just announced red and blue I'm thinking of holding out some more for one of those two. You think I should just bite on white or wait for blue and red to come to NA?

kuroshiki

See guys, I said SCEJ just need to shut down and relocate everything to SCEA, SCEE, and today's just a confirmation that I was right.

DAMN RIGHT.

I'm dying inside.

darkwing

Okay Vita GAF, I've been holding out for the White Vita before buying but now that they've just announced red and blue I'm thinking of holding out some more for one of those two. You think I should just bite on white or wait for blue and red to come to NA?

really don't think blue/red will come to NA soon, maybe in 2014 lol

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon

Wait.

Forever.

Just buy a white one, looks better anyway

Ponn

Banned

Let me put it this way, we are lucky we are even getting the white version at all even if its in a bundle.

The only way I see the red coming over here is in a Soul Sacrifice bundle, but now who knows when we are getting that game since its now Spring in Japan.

Noi

I'll be honest, I'm incredibly tempted to trade in my Black for Blue once I can get a better look at it.

So who else is getting Senran Kagura and Oboro Muramasa? o:

sup. Even if they aren't localized, hooray for region free games.

chizmiz

Banned
Very excited about Muramasa. I was halfway done with the Wii version, before work took over and I got distracted. On a handheld with such a screen? My god, the experience will be amazing.

Poyunch

Mmmm fine. I do think a really deep blue Vita could look nice but it may be a while. Red's okay but I think I would have preferred orange. I'll just get the white.

Anything but boring, default black.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
So who else is getting Senran Kagura and Oboro Muramasa? o:

I forgot when Eiyuu Senki comes out...

Don't care about Muramasa, already played it, and we don't know anything about the extra content/dlc they mentionned.

Will get Senren Kagura since it's supposedly a new game, if it's as good as the 3DS games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom