• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

crinale

There were actually SEVERAL new announcements for Vita. And trailer for GE2 and Soul Sacrifice looked stunning. I do not know why some people are so depressed.

Zee-Row

Banned
Looks like the 3DS is the way to go if I wanna see any decent releases. I'm probably gonna trade my Vita in for an XL , even though I have a crap load of PS1 games , i'd much rather play them on my TV. I kind of feel hurt because the Vita had lots of potential , I really hate the word potential though.

Kyon

Banned
There were actually SEVERAL new announcements for Vita. And trailer for GE2 and Soul Sacrifice looked stunning. I do not know why some people are so depressed.

That and the we STILL haven't all gotten the games from THIS YEAR. The games from next year and beyond can have a damn seat

Me neither, I guess some people have way too high expectations. It's like people forget all the games already announced/dated/released for this thing.

Looks like the 3DS is the way to go if I wanna see any decent releases. I'm probably gonna trade my Vita in for an XL , even though I have a crap load of PS1 games , i'd much rather play them on my TV. I kind of feel hurt because the Vita had lots of potential , I really hate the word potential though.

Ugh, I'd say this last quarter is pretty packed with decent releases for the Vita. And next year Q1 is starting to get pretty good to.

The news of PS+ coming to Vita in November is good for me, get my replacement Vita tomorrow and Sony are giving me Gravity Rush for free due to the missed collections. I also seem to have lost my travel case with my Vita games in (VT5, MGS, Dungeon Hunter, Gravity Rush, Lumines, Everybodys Golf) :( Fortunately I had a lot of digital downloads too so still have a half decent collection to play for now. Picked up £50 of PSN credit but now a little apprehensive what to purchase for fear of it becoming free in a couple months time.

Already subbed till May 2014 :)

branny

Just give me Technika Tune, and I'll shut up until Soul Sacrifice and PSO2 come out. Dragon's Crown would work, too.

I'm also perfectly happy with Ragnarok Odyssey, Persona 4 Golden, and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale this year. LittleBigPlanet Vita is coming digitally in less than a week, and Need For Speed: Most Wanted should be a great port, not to mention all the other games I don't care for like AC3, Virtue's Last Reward, or that Sega racing thing. Oh, and FlopsBlops. And other things like NLKS and Dokuro and orgarhythm and the rest of the games I'm forgetting.

If we end up getting some other games like -Project DIVA- f, EDF2017, God Eater 2, Ys Celceta, etc., I'll be even happier.

I just worry the rest of the world isn't as content with the Vita's library.

lepo

In all honesty vita as a lot of games and since psone classics arrived there are tons of gems we can play on it

What is somehow disappointing is the lack of proper support from some of the big third parties in Japan like SE or Capcom

that said GE2 was a nice surprise and the Vita version seems like a big step forward compared to the psps one

Just give me Technika Tune, and I'll shut up until Soul Sacrifice and PSO2 come out. Dragon's Crown would work, too.

I'm also perfectly happy with Ragnarok Odyssey, Persona 4 Golden, and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale this year. LittleBigPlanet Vita is coming digitally in less than a week, and Need For Speed: Most Wanted should be a great port, not to mention all the other games I don't care for like AC3, Virtue's Last Reward, or that Sega racing thing. Oh, and FlopsBlops. And other things like NLKS and Dokuro and orgarhythm and the rest of the games I'm forgetting.

If we end up getting some other games like -Project DIVA- f, EDF2017, God Eater 2, Ys Celceta, etc., I'll be even happier.

All this doom & gloom certainly is not helping, no one wants to be on the losing team. By now, I'm pretty sure there's more people who want to see it fail just for the lulz and actually justify their other mobile purchases. ie, "Well at least it wasn't a Vita"

What I really don't get is the dissing of PS3/Vita & PSP/Vita games, IMHO it's the perfect solution to target the east (PSP) & western (PS3) market with one device.

What is somehow disappointing is the lack of proper support from some of the big third parties in Japan like SE or Capcom

Capcom and Square are just a shadow of their former self, they can't even get right some of their biggest franchises (FF & RE). So there's no surprise for me.

UberTag

See guys, I said SCEJ just need to shut down and relocate everything to SCEA, SCEE, and today's just a confirmation that I was right.

DAMN RIGHT.

I'm dying inside.
SCEJ is just as useless as NOA.

It's a shame we can't marry SCEA, SCEE and NOJ into one super company (minus Grace Chen, of course).
KuGsj.gif

Takao

Banned
Let's be real, while SCEJ just spent 45 minutes announcing nothing for Vita, SCEA would've just spent 5 minutes announcing nothing for Vita.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Just got my beta invite e-mail for PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale on Vita in North America!

Just looked and i had already gotten it yesterday. Forgot i even signed up for this.

Looks like you have to sign in to the PSbeta website to get your code.

Oh come the fuck on, please keep this fucking horseshit out of the official thread

And I think people must be really picky if they think the Vita doesn't have enough good games right now and coming in the following months.

I have a 3DS XL and aside from Kid Icarus and Ace Combat 3D, it's clearly the Vita that gets most of my gaming time. The truth is if the typical Nintendo IP doesn't appeal to you, right now you'll have a hard time...

The problem with the Vita is not a lack of quality games, but a lack of million-seller games.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
And I think people must be really picky if they think the Vita doesn't have enough good games right now and coming in the following months.

I have a 3DS XL and aside from Kid Icarus and Ace Combat 3D, it's clearly the Vita that gets most of my gaming time. The truth is if the typical Nintendo IP doesn't appeal to you, right now you'll have a hard time...

The problem with the Vita is not a lack of quality games, but a lack of million-seller games.

Considering the 3DS is getting the attention from most third parties, i think you are wrong.

Noi

I am genuinely envious of you people who seem to be satisfied with the Vita's current slate.

I was convinced that I don't share the same viewpoint on the Vita as most other people since this years's E3 conference. It helps that I don't have the cash to splurge on games in general, since even right now there's 4-5 Vita games I want to buy, with at least 4 more coming out this year. I just hope XSeed talks sooner rather than later about Ys and Zero no Kiseki for Vita, since they're one of the few I'd hesitate to import due to language barriers.

I am genuinely envious of you people who seem to be satisfied with the Vita's current slate.
Well I guess not having to put up with the look and smell of the literal formation of one's own shit kinda helps.....

Hell I dont even own one and Im still adding things to the already massive list of games I want, if I only wasn't so damn poor :(, I could have brought a Vita day one and all its gamez so I then bitch about having no games while they continue to release games...

Sid

Bad tgs for vita,seems sony will drop it very soon anyways ge2 looks damn good so does soul sacrifice and ys,2013 looks quite nice for the vita though fall 2012 looks horrendous in japan.3ds is absolutely worthless to me.

TDLink

The release schedule for the 3DS this Christmas for the west is not exactly setting the world aflame. If you're not a Mario fan, it's even worse.

All games with Mario in the title aside, it is still much stronger than Vita's holiday this year. I'm just happy for a new Layton game personally. Looking purely at exclusives of course. In the spring the 3DS lineup also looks to be extremely strong.

Ahh I really wonder - if 3DS is so amazing why the fuck i can't find more than 3 games on it which would interest me (Zelda, Abyss and SM4 when it releases in 2014 in EU).

I can only see 1 form of revival. Pricecut and VITA2000 in Spring next year. I have no idea of 2013 releases except GE2 and Soul Sacrifice.

It only needs to keep pushing cross-buy and other incentives lik PS+ to grow the user base, once it's big enough I don't think it'll be a problem.

The only bad selling point of the Vita right now is the segmentation of the store and the incompetence of the people running it.

TDLink

Ahh I really wonder - if 3DS is so amazing why the fuck i can't find more than 3 games on it which would interest me (Zelda, Abyss and SM4 when it releases in 2014 in EU).

Well it mainly depends on what you are interested in too. Not everyone likes the same genres and not every genre is well represented on the system. I currently own 6 3DS games, 2 of which are remakes, and only intend to buy one more this year (new Layton game). For how long the 3DS has been out that, to me, is "ok", but not "amazing". There are however "big" games on the system I don't own and just don't personally have an interest in (like RE: Revelations).

Jawmuncher

Well it mainly depends on what you are interested in too. Not everyone likes the same genres and not every genre is well represented on the system. I currently own 6 3DS games, 2 of which are remakes, and only intend to buy one more this year (new Layton game). For how long the 3DS has been out that, to me, is "ok", but not "amazing". There are however "big" games on the system I don't own and just don't personally have an interest in (like RE: Revelations).

This is one of the reasons why I like how we have 2 portable systems at the moment.
Which I hope continues. Since between the two I get all the sort of offerings which I like. While with just one there are some things missing (Though for me Vita does have more of what i play, but not everything)

It only needs to keep pushing cross-buy and other incentives lik PS+ to grow the user base, once it's big enough I don't think it'll be a problem.

The only bad selling point of the Vita right now is the segmentation of the store and the incompetence of the people running it.

Yeah, but there is hardly any 3rd party support right now. Japan tries.

When most users already have 2 or 3 vita games thanks to PS+ plus a few other thanks to YOPO. I think I'd be easier for more people to jump in the Vita bandwagon. At least that's what I think Sony is hoping for.

But then there are expensive memorycards. And the vita doesn't have an extensive library outside minis and ps1 titles.

GopherD

This is one of the reasons why I like how we have 2 portable systems at the moment.
Which I hope continues. Since between the two I get all the sort of offerings which I like. While with just one there are some things missing (Though for me Vita does have more of what i play, but not everything)

As someone who loves handheld gaming in general, having a Vita, 3DSXL and Ipad is bloody brilliant. This holiday the Vita has games coming to match all of them. For me, Persona 4, Ragnarok, AssCreedLib, NLKS, Guacamelee and DJMax interest me. Add Soul Sacrifice, Muramasa and God Eater 2 next year and I'm a happy camper. For 3DS all I've got my eye on is Layton and Epic Mickey2.

Of course this changes from season to season, but to say Vita won't have any enjoyable games coming this year is completely and utterly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom