• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyzard

Banned
Really hoping Dyad would make it to vita as well. Would get so much playtime.

Recently fired up Motorstorm RC and starting to love it and get past the cameras again. It also feels faster, particularly restarting events - I remember it re-loading (although I might be mistaken) and now there is no delay. Helps quite a bit. It's also noticeably easier to get higher rankings easily. It was pretty tough before, at least still have more of a challenge with friend times, but losing the ai difficulty altogether is a bit of a shame. Still looking forward to a full-on vita motorstorm.

....standard mention JCR/RCR and PSone support taking ages.

StuBurns

Banned
The Dyad guy is considering it, but he thinks the small screen might be a bad fit. I'm glad Sony aren't bullying people to support it if they don't want to.

OmegaZero

Anyone here suck at Motorstorm RC?

No one on my friends list has it (not that I have many Vita friends, since I only know two people who actually have a Vita), and these Pitwall challenges are unbeatable. :/

Hey guys -- what's the case for the Vita that looks like it's pretty much not on the unit -- has circles cut out around the sticks, dpad, and buttons. Seems black and rubbery? Looks nice, what's the verdict on it?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hmm, this is really weird. Haven't used my PSP in a long while... turned it on and there's this... noticeable impression in the screen, like something is messed up in the display, it's hard to describe - anyone else ever see this? It really likes like water or something is behind the screen when I know there isn't. The unit is working fine otherwise.

Edit: Took a picture of it, it's noticeable just above Enter, Back and goes all around the screen:
AyEQ-ydCQAAa1xY.jpg:large

OmegaZero

I booted up my PSP 3000 for the first time in a year just now, and it seems fine.

EDIT: Maybe it's a back-lighting problem? I haven't seen anything like that before. o.o

EDIT2: Yeah, no idea what that is.

Hmm, this is really weird. Haven't used my PSP in a long while... turned it on and there's this... noticeable impression in the screen, like something is messed up in the display, it's hard to describe - anyone else ever see this? It really likes like water or something is behind the screen when I know there isn't. The unit is working fine otherwise.

Ahh, does it look almost like a small rainbow discoloration is in that spot, like a drop of water is eternally stuck there? Is it a PSP 3000?

Edit: Oh ok, wow, that is strange.

Cloudy

Banned
Just finished Uncharted GA. What a fun ride. It had its flaws but it's the best game on vita IMO. I hated the QTEs all game but they really made the boss fights intense and cinematic at the end

Unbelivably this is the first game Ive finished since Xenosaga 1 in 2003 or so (I'm stuck on the FF13 last boss and near the end of Uncharted DF). I've missed that sense of accomplishment lol

Ps: oh yeah I also got stuck on the Suikoden 3 last boss lol

Yes it's a 3000... and it's a special edition model so if it's screwed then I'm really out of luck ( ._.)

Awww... Yeah I see the Kingdom Hearts crown in the corner. =(

I did a quick google search and it looks like you're definitely not the only one: http://community.us.playstation.com...h-my-PSP-screen/td-p/2177788?start=0&tstart=0

If it really starts to bug you, I would recommend http://www.psprepairservice.com/. I sent my 3000 there a few months ago to replace my faceplate (dust behind screen... grrr) and worn-out buttons. Took about 2 and a half weeks to get it back and it's like new. She can give you a quote.

Yeah I read that too. Then someone else said he went through 12 systems until he got one that didn't have it! Another guy said it has to do with the way light refracts off the unit since it's silver colored and not black...

Iacobellis

Will Sony shed some light on the PS4 at the next Vita Heaven? The timeframe from E3 2013 to the holidays is way too short to unveil and release a new console.

Lucent

So, has anyone happened to try downloading and playing the re-released demo of Escape Plan? It shows an error for me whenever I try to play it. =l

Iacobellis

lol yes. I posted on the developer's facebook page but didn't get a response. So I dunno. maybe I'll delete it and try one more time.

It's a bust. By the time Sony gets the demo working again, that $15 can go towards something better, Sound Shapes!

GrizzNKev

Banned
Vita is arriving tomorrow and I'm excited! What games are must-buys for someone who's tastes align with the three games I already have (Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Wipeout)? Fast paced, action-adventure or shooters. I like to make room for the occasional JRPG as well.

Lucent

It's a bust. By the time Sony gets the demo working again, that $15 can go towards something better, Sound Shapes!

lol I read your name and I thought it said Tacobellis. My eyes man...

But, yeah, it's strange they can't seem to get the demo to work properly. And I gotta see more on sound shapes before I can say for sure I'll get that. Hopefully they have at least a demo.

Vita is arriving tomorrow and I'm excited! What games are must-buys for someone who's tastes align with the three games I already have (Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Wipeout)? Fast paced, action-adventure or shooters. I like to make room for the occasional JRPG as well.

That Carl guy isn't here, so....MUTANT BLOB!!!!!

lol I haven't played it yet myself but yeah...I just wanted to try to be funny.

I'm personally just waiting for Persona 4 and some other stuff that hasn't been released yet.

Iacobellis

lol I read your name and I thought it said Tacobellis. My eyes man...

But, yeah, it's strange they can't seem to get the demo to work properly. And I gotta see more on sound shapes before I can say for sure I'll get that. Hopefully they have at least a demo.

Haha, don't sweat it. I used to get that on Xbox LIVE all the time. Sound Shapes looks like a mini Loco Roco and a good game to hold me over until LittleBigPlanet. I've been excited for it since I first saw it on E3 last year. Escape Plan seems like a puzzle game I could find an equivalent to on iOS.

Lucent

Haha, don't sweat it. I used to get that on Xbox LIVE all the time. Sound Shapes looks like a mini Loco Roco and a good game to hold me over until LittleBigPlanet. I've been excited for it since I first saw it on E3 last year. Escape Plan seems like a puzzle game I could find an equivalent to on iOS.

Yeah. I've seen vids of Escape Plan and I don't plan on buying it (right now at least). Just wanted to try the demo. But yeah they'll have some deals with sounds and shapes (especially with PS+) so I might have to jump on it while it's reduced.

And I hope Little Big Planet on Vita is as crazy as LBP2. The stuff they've made on there is crazy.

Iacobellis

Yeah. I've seen vids of Escape Plan and I don't plan on buying it (right now at least). Just wanted to try the demo. But yeah they'll have some deals with sounds and shapes (especially with PS+) so I might have to jump on it while it's reduced.

And I hope Little Big Planet on Vita is as crazy as LBP2. The stuff they've made on there is crazy.

Sony will actually incorporate PlayStation Plus into the Vita? That's unheard of!
Well, besides the ongoing sports games sale of course.

Iacobellis

Yep, seems the 20% off will be a PS+ thing.

Source

And nvm on the Escape Plan demo...I guess it didn't work because I never updated to 1.69. Now it works.

I so forgot about this! The first time I saw this ad I thought we would be getting a portable version of Counter Strike. At least there are PSone Clas-, wait. We can't play those, either.

coughlanio

Is it worth getting a Vita at this point?

I'll be getting a 3DS XL at the end of the month, and GameStop are offering a Vita for €139.99 if you trade in a 3DS, and I'm thinking about it. That's 44% off the retail price by the way. Take in to consideration the fact I don't own a PS3 anymore, if that makes a difference, and the only Sony property I have any affinity for is Uncharted, and even then, I don't care that much anymore.

But, I do love tech...

DR2K

Banned

I'll be getting a 3DS XL at the end of the month, and GameStop are offering a Vita for €139.99 if you trade in a 3DS, and I'm thinking about it. That's 44% off the retail price by the way. Take in to consideration the fact I don't own a PS3 anymore, if that makes a difference, and the only Sony property I have any affinity for is Uncharted, and even then, I don't care that much anymore.

But, I do love tech...

Yeah, great software and great hardware.

But, I do love tech...

Yes and if you didn't have PSP you will find amazing jrpg backcatalogue on this thing.

tbhysgb

Yeah I read that too. Then someone else said he went through 12 systems until he got one that didn't have it! Another guy said it has to do with the way light refracts off the unit since it's silver colored and not black...

I bought two psp bundles from kmart on clearance and both of them had it. MGS green and Ass creed silver. :/

Raonak

Banned

But, I do love tech...

Techwise, you won't be dissapointed. best handheld hardware out there. that oled screen is amazing. Even youtube looks amazing.

Software wise it could be better, but hopefully that'll pick up. plus theres a huge backlog of PSP games you can get.

But, I do love tech...

Are you implying it was never worth it? Its the Vita thread, people will likely recommend a Vita...

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Thinking about getting a Vita for my birthday. Maybe not the most objective thread to ask it, but is it worth the plunge now? I already have a 3DS and I love it.

I was in your position last month. I had birthday and father's day hitting (love June!), and was thinking of getting a Vita, even thought I was perfectly happy with my 3DS. My wife and oldest daughter wound up getting me the system, and I love it.

Of course a lot of Vita's lineup is up my alley, so I don't know where you stand there. Oh, and if you never owned a PSP then there's quite a bit more new stuff to look into.

Kyon

Banned
I'm implying that it may not be worth it in the future, due to a possible lack of software support.

I can't help to laugh at this every time its brought up. Do people really not buy systems for games currently on it and only by announcements of games that are years off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom