• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

Pinball Arcade does not seem to be very stable. "Hocus Pocus" Vita crashes and turns itself off. Restart it, restart Pinball Arcade, it connects to the leaderboards and crashes again.

That is not okay. They need to patch this quickly.

Fucking lol. Takes 3 extra months to get through SCEE QA and then has a bug which locks up the system

panda21

while everyone is doing it, gonna list

Vita:
Gravity rush
Hot shots golf
Ridge racer
Lumines
Unit 13
Pro baseball spirits
Nikloi puzzle collection thing

Psp:
Dissidia (the newer one)
Corpse party
Persona 2
Persona 3
Cladun
Tactics Ogre
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

i think Grush, pro baseball spirits and persona 2 are my favourites so far

Own everything except:

Shinobido 2
MMA Supremacy
Reality Fighters
Asphault
Both Lego games

But i rented those to review them. Bought the rest. I need a 64gb card. Now.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I'd like to buy Eye of Judgment: Legends but it's like $30 still.

-The Eye of Judgement Legends (2010) $29.99
-Gangs of London (2007) $22.99
-Locoroco (2008) $22.99
-Parappa the Rapper (2008) $22.99
-Persuit Force (2009) $22.99
-Echoshift (2010) $14.99
-God of War Chains of Olympus (2009) $19.99
-God of War Ghost of Sparta (2010) $19.99
-Hot Shots Golf:Open Tee 2 (2009) $29.99
-Hot Shots Tennis Get a Grip (2010) $19.99
-Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontirer (2009) $19.99
-Lemmings (2009) $15.99
-LittleBigPlanet (2009) $19.99
-MediEvil Resurrection (2008) $16.99
-Secret Agent Clank (2009) $19.99
-Untold Legends Brotherhood of Blade (2008) $14.99
-Untold Legends The Warrior's Code (2008) $14.99
-WieEout Pulse (2009) $22.99

SCE just don't know how to do PSP DD prices.

Fucking lol. Takes 3 extra months to get through SCEE QA and then has a bug which locks up the system

Yeah, I thought the delay was about fixing bugs, but apparently not.

EDIT: People who like Pinball Arcade need to check out the PSP Williams Collection and Gottlieb Collection, they are also quite nice (and more stable LOL).

Is Hocus Pocus a new table ?

Nope, the voice in Theatre of Magic said "Hocus Pocus" and right away it crashed and made my save game corrupt. That's magical.

EDIT: I seem to be having bad luck on the Vita with savegames getting corrupted, first MS RC and now this, maybe I should blow on my memorycard or something.

Fodder76

Exactly how I feel. It's a short score attack game from the looks of it. Not my thang.

Not sure how you get that impression. The game is a fantastic platformer with a Katamari type goal system. Non linear levels, wonderful level progression / escalation and presentation. The only game on my Vita so far that I feel was worth more than the asking price.

patsu

Ah, it's Bally's Theater of Magic table. Hmm... was okay when I played a few rounds yesterday. May be something bad happened on the server side ?

EDIT: I seem to be having bad luck on the Vita with savegames getting corrupted, first MS RC and now this, maybe I should blow on my memorycard or something.

I guess that's possible too...

The game seems to be starting up again after a hard reset, fun times. I have played this game for hours already without any problems, strange that it crashed just like that.

I kept getting those same messages.

My final star count was 654. I was playing on casual, don't know if that had an effect on number of stars. Going with a higher difficulty next time.

Finished with 1124 today! :D

Seriously, this game is way more fun than it should be. Loved playing other peoples' characters!

(Newton Funberry)

Is this a thing? I guess I'll just join the braggery

gCkkQ.jpg

zLnXu.jpg

S4Jmh.jpg

cHfCi.jpg

pOeY9.jpg

Finished with 1124 today! :D

Seriously, this game is way more fun than it should be. Loved playing other peoples' characters!

(Newton Funberry)

Did you get an extra tournment for getting that many stars? I think there's an extra one but you have to above X position in the ranking

Did you get an extra tournment for getting that many stars? I think there's an extra one but you have to above X position in the ranking

there is something but I don't want to spoil it for others. :)

My advice for getting a ton of stars (Don't buy any clothes and use that money to buy as many agents as possible)

Order

Have:

Wipeout 2048
Gravity Rush
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger
Disgea 2 Dark Hero Days
Sreet Fighter Alpa 3 Max

Want:
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time
Rayman
Jet Set Radio HD
Persona 4 The Golden

Sheik

Question for people who bought the PSP Go in North America. As a promo thing some systems were sold with a DVD that included a few games (Little Big Planet, Daxter, and Socom I believe) similar to the promo in the UK. However, since the games are on the DVD and not through a redemption code, is it just impossible to put them onto a Vita? Guessing I'm SOL but thought I'd ask.

Also just preordered Little Big Planet for $30. Should've just preordered it during the E3 sale but I hesitated. Had a $5 code and Best Buy always knocks $5 off all preorders so I jumped on it this time around.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
which do you prefer out of pro baseball spirits and MLB 12?

Oh, Pro Baseball Spirits by -light years-

i was largely disappointed by The Show but Pro Baseball Spirits is -amazing-
can't stop playing it. Incredible game.

I'd go as far as to say that PBS is -easily- the best game on Vita to date.

Sol1dus

Have:

Wipeout 2048
Gravity Rush
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger
Disgea 2 Dark Hero Days
Sreet Fighter Alpa 3 Max

Want:
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time
Rayman
Jet Set Radio HD
Persona 4 The Golden

Since you have Alpha Max 3, coil you answer something for me?

Is there a way to look up the moves lists for characters? I can't find anything and it just makes it more confusing for me added to the fighting styles you can pick.

Takao

Banned
Question for people who bought the PSP Go in North America. As a promo thing some systems were sold with a DVD that included a few games (Little Big Planet, Daxter, and Socom I believe) similar to the promo in the UK. However, since the games are on the DVD and not through a redemption code, is it just impossible to put them onto a Vita? Guessing I'm SOL but thought I'd ask.

Also just preordered Little Big Planet for $30. Should've just preordered it during the E3 sale but I hesitated. Had a $5 code and Best Buy always knocks $5 off all preorders so I jumped on it this time around.

Huh? They were not on a DVD. You got a voucher sent to you via email.

Cloudy

Banned
Is there a way to look up the moves lists for characters? I can't find anything and it just makes it more confusing for me added to the fighting styles you can pick.

Can't you look up move lists while the game is paused?

oldmario

i think i saw someone saying on the eu ps forums shortly after the vita was launched saying they would have to rebuy all the free games they got if they wanted to play them on vita because customer service said

Scythian

So, Gaf, I love my Vita, though I purchased a 8Gb memory card, and I need to make space for more games; if I delete a game, what happens with my save file? Is it saved in the memory card?

tearsofash

So, Gaf, I love my Vita, though I purchased a 8Gb memory card, and I need to make space for more games; if I delete a game, what happens with my save file? Is it saved in the memory card?

You'll need to back it up to a PS3 or your PC first. Deleting it removes the entirety of the game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Oh, Pro Baseball Spirits by -light years-

i was largely disappointed by The Show but Pro Baseball Spirits is -amazing-
can't stop playing it. Incredible game.

I'd go as far as to say that PBS is -easily- the best game on Vita to date.

Is it better because the The Show vita port was bad or actually completely better than The Show?

I know nothing about baseball/softball/American cricket but this is interesting since people declare The Show as the holy grail of baseball games and if Konami actually have a better baseball game in their pocket then I think they should get that MLB license and throw Pro baseball Spirits to american baseball fans.

Mileena

Banned
Is it better because the The Show vita port was bad or actually completely better than The Show?

I know nothing about baseball/softball/American cricket but this is interesting since people declare The Show as the holy grail of baseball games and if Konami actually have a better baseball game in their pocket then I think they should get that MLB license and throw Pro baseball Spirits to american baseball fans.

AWuve.gif

Sheik

Huh? They were not on a DVD. You got a voucher sent to you via email.

Oh, maybe it's just a Canadian thing then? It came with a DVD inside the box with those games on it. You're supposed to transfer them from your PC to your PSP Go. I never actually did it though lol.

i think i saw someone saying on the eu ps forums shortly after the vita was launched saying they would have to rebuy all the free games they got if they wanted to play them on vita because customer service said

Yeah, figured. Oh well.

Hey yall, errbody needs to buy Flying Hamster...that game is great little shoot em up, and you can get it on the cheap. I think its one dollar. I wish we had more Vita shumps. @_@

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised

before we get into this i should point out that i'm British - so i'm not the complete baseball expert, i just enjoy watching it a lot , attend games her in Japan, and played a fair bit of baseball games.

The Show -is- , with good reason, top of the tree on the PS3. I played Pro Baseball until 2010 and thought it was okay, but The Show was so far ahead it wasn't worth spending too much time with.

HOWEVER, Pro Baseball Spirits looks -better- than the show (on Vita), plays a more fun, more organic game of baseball than The Show and is just generally a lot more fun as it is. The Show, i personally feel, was a bit lackluster on the Vita but that's taking nothing from PBS - which is godly in the way it -feels- to play.

Obviously - team attachment is a big thing - but living in Japan i can easily identify with the teams so it's not an issue, but i'm familiar with US baseball as well so it's not like that's in any way a deciding factor - it simply removes an accepted barrier that i don't have to deal with that importers who don't know the JPN baseball scene would have to put up with :)

demigod

Anyone else had a hard time beating Shao Kahn in story mode? It took me over an hour just to beat him. He is so cheesy and half the time I was fighting against the Vita's directional pad.

Guess I won't platinum this game, F companies that force you to play online for trophies.

Lucent

Hey yall, errbody needs to buy Flying Hamster...that game is great little shoot em up, and you can get it on the cheap. I think its one dollar. I wish we had more Vita shumps. @_@

I got it as a gift randomly from Sony through a message on the PS3. I don't remember if it was exclusive to PS+ subscribers or what, but I'm pretty sure I get to keep it. lol. I haven't tried to beat it but it is pretty awesome.

Massa

Anyone else had a hard time beating Shao Kahn in story mode? It took me over an hour just to beat him. He is so cheesy and half the time I was fighting against the Vita's directional pad.

Guess I won't platinum this game, F companies that force you to play online for trophies.

Playing online is the least of your problems when going for a platinum in this game.

Carl

I got it as a gift randomly from Sony through a message on the PS3. I don't remember if it was exclusive to PS+ subscribers or what, but I'm pretty sure I get to keep it. lol. I haven't tried to beat it but it is pretty awesome.

Yeah it was a valentines or Easter present or something from Sony i think. For PS+ subs. To keep forever, as i recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom