• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

Finished Uncharted. Tried going back and doing a couple of chapters on very easy, to see if I could find all the treasure/mysteries. Still couldn't, and that's with spinning around all the time as I walked looking for areas. Not fun, just disorientating, so I stopped and now MGS HD is living in the card slot.

Did you try using Black Market ? I traded 3 items that way. It's mostly automatic.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Current owned games :

@field
A Men
Army Corps of Hell
AR Combat Digi Q
Assault Gunners
Asphalt Injection
BlazBlue
Disgaea 3
Dotoru
Dungeon Hunter
Dynasty Warriors Next
Escape Plan
Everybody's Golf 6
Fifa Soccer
Fish ON
F1 2011
Gravity Daze
Gundam Seed
Hustle Kings
Lego Harry Potter
Little King Story
Little Deviants
Lord of Apocalypse
Lumines
MGS HD
Michael Jackson
Mahjong Fight Club
MLB 12 the Show
Modnation
Mortal Kombat
Motorstorm : RC
Ninja Gaiden
Persona 4
Plant v zomb
Pro Baseball spirits
Ragnarok Odyssey
Rayman Origins
Reality Fighters
Resistance
Ridge Racer
Pure Chess
Samurai + Dragon
Shinobido 2
Star Drone Extended
Sumioni
Super MonkeyBall
Super Stardust
Surge Concerto
Tales from Space :MBA
Tales of Innocence R
The Pinball Arcade
Treasures of MOntezuma Blitz
Touch My Katamari
Ultimate MvC
Uncharted
Unit 13
Virtua Tennis 4
Wipeout 2048
Zero Escape: Good People die

waiting on :
new releases!!!
Might get Power Pro but i can't see Pro Baseball Spirits being replaced for my Baseball fix. It knocks The Show into a cocked hat and i -did not- expect that.

TheGrue

I've bought every game through DD on Vita, with the exception of MLB and that was just because you got a deal when buying the physical copies of the PS3 and Vita together. The reason I like to go DD (and why I will on the 3DS when that starts as well) is that I like being able to have a ton of games with me and not have to worry about digging out additional carts to swap them. If I get to a point where I finish a single player game and don't want to play it anymore or run out of storage, I can just back it up to my PC (for the Vita, anyway...not sure what my options will be for 3DS) and remove it to make room for more games.

I do a ton of trading in of games for my home consoles, but am willing to forgo that extra money just for convenience. If I was hurting for money, I guess I would think differently, but since I'm not, I can make this choice.

Takao

Banned
SHU AGREES THAT LEMMINGS WOULD BE COOL ON VITA:

s1SSI.png

TWEET @YOSP TO MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Tizoc

Sorry for asking this here, but is there a General 3DS thread? My brother's planning on getting a 3DS soon but I want to ask about some stuff regarding certain games, etc.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
cool,now tweet him about Omega Boost for Vita...and Drakan for Vita.

Would sacrifice a nice just baked fresh loaf of bread for a new Omega Boost.
I never got the game, I could never find it back in the day, but I used to play the demo for that and Armored Core over and over.

Here is my list:

- Rayman Origins.
- Ninja Gaiden.
- Disgaea 3.
- Metal Gear Solid HD collection.
- Wipeout 2048 + HD/FURY.
- Mutant Blobs.
- P3P.
- GOW Ghost of Sparta.
- Corpse Party.
- Pacman CE DX.

Planning to get:

Gravity Rush.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
motherofgod.gif

Yeah it's good. Platforming munchy goodness. 7 dollars is kinda high (I beat it and would have rather had it at 5) but for 7 dollars you could do worse

Watch a video online.

I was just trying to wind him up, lol, it was the first PSN game I bought when I got my Vita.

Takao

Banned
Neko Entertainment responded to my questions about their Vita titles:

Sorry for the late reply…but I run after time and hours to sleep :-s

Concerning Fangs and Maestro/Totem PSVita projects we, unfortunately, have to freeze them…because we didn’t find any partners to share the risk with us. And as a tiny independent studio we could just avoid to put all our effort/investment on Puddle. We hope that Puddle will score and that the Vita will have more success…and perhaps ^^

wotta

Guacamelee is awesome, played it recently, really looking forward to it now.

P.s I have mutant blob, awesome game, tho I'm not really a junior, just an observer :D

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Now DCharlie if you say Vita has no (more) games, I'd believe you.

You burned through all the worthy PSP games during the PSP days this way too ?

I still have TitS and Corpse Party to do but most stuff done. Lots of Jpn releases still coming as well.

Takao

Banned
Could you list other games except for Puddle, that Neko has on hold for Vita? I think others in this thread would appreciate that too. :)

It was Maestro and Fangs. I don't believe they went into deep discussion about what those games were going to be.

Lucent

Another Junior here without Mutant Blobs, and I don't plan on buying it either. How much does that make you rage? ;)

lol. I haven't bought it yet, either. I might have to watch more on it. From what I've seen, it doesn't really appeal to me that much. I think I'd rather use the $7 or so towards a PSP game on sale or something. >_>

patsu

I'd like to buy Eye of Judgment: Legends but it's like $30 still.

~ <3

Eye of Judgment on the PS3 was one of my favorite games. The game is very addictive. Is the PSP version the same ?

I remember showing the PSEye card recognition gimmick to my friend after supper. The computer AI was so aggressive that I ended up playing it for real; finally beat it @ 4:00am. That one game lasted 6+ hours as the computer and I went back and forth, turning the tide with our final card each time. By the time the game ended, I looked over and saw my friend sleeping on my couch.

I forgot to send him home. ^_^

Haliela

lol. I haven't bought it yet, either. I might have to watch more on it. From what I've seen, it doesn't really appeal to me that much. I think I'd rather use the $7 or so towards a PSP game on sale or something. >_>

Exactly how I feel. It's a short score attack game from the looks of it. Not my thang.

softie

It was Maestro and Fangs. I don't believe they went into deep discussion about what those games were going to be.

Oh man, I somehow skipped the first half of your first sentence and didn't get that those games were mentioned. I definitely need some sleep. :p

Thanks again for the clarification and infos you gave. :-D

Why not...
Use to own:
-Hot Shots Golf
-Little Deviants
-Shinobido 2

own:
-Gravity Rush
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma +
-Mortal Kombat
-Wipeout
-Rayman
-Super Stardust + dlc
-Escape Plan
-Mutant Blobs Attack
-Motorstorm rc
-Hustle Kings
-TOM Blitz
-P3P
-LOH:Tits
-Monster Hunter
-The Sims 2
-GTA: Chinatown Wars
-Ys Seven
-Velocity

Waiting for:
-Ragnarock Odyssey
-ACIII: Liberation
-P4: Golden

Considering:
-CoD
-Soundshapes

Pretty good haul I think.

Trevelyon

Oh ma gawd! Just got a blue light of dea.... oh, okay, no big deal like that other flash of death.

gonna breathe into this paper bag for a little while.

Takao

Banned
~ <3

Eye of Judgment on the PS3 was one of my favorite games. The game is very addictive. Is the PSP version the same ?

I remember showing the PSEye card recognition gimmick to my friend after supper. The computer AI was so aggressive that I ended up playing it for real; finally beat it @ 4:00am. That one game lasted 6+ hours as the computer and I went back and forth, turning the tide with our final card each time. By the time the game ended, I looked over and saw my friend sleeping on my couch.

I forgot to send him home. ^_^

No, Eye of Judgment: Legends for PSP is a straight up card game. I believe it had a story mode, but there's no augmented reality play.

The original Eye of Judgment was an evolution of a very little known Japanese Eyetoy game called Bakufuu Slash! Kizna Arashi. SCEJ actually seemed to want to make that a brand as they released an extensive card game, and even created a manga series by Takao Aoki, the man who created the original Beyblade manga.

zroid

Banned
Lumines and Rayman are $20 at Future Shop, from the July 20-26 flyer. (Canadia)

It might finally be time for me to actually buy a game (Stardust notwithstanding)

patsu

No, Eye of Judgment: Legends for PSP is a straight up card game. I believe it had a story mode, but there's no augmented reality play.

The original Eye of Judgment was an evolution of a very little known Japanese Eyetoy game called Bakufuu Slash! Kizna Arashi. SCEJ actually seemed to want to make that a brand as they released an extensive card game, and even created a manga series by Takao Aoki, the man who created the original Beyblade manga.

Yeah, I don't need the AR stuff, just the card play. Is it the same card set and gameplay ?

Pinball Arcade does not seem to be very stable. "Hocus Pocus" Vita crashes and turns itself off. Restart it, restart Pinball Arcade, it connects to the leaderboards and crashes again.

That is not okay. They need to patch this quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom