• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
Anyone else had a hard time beating Shao Kahn in story mode? It took me over an hour just to beat him. He is so cheesy and half the time I was fighting against the Vita's directional pad.

Guess I won't platinum this game, F companies that force you to play online for trophies.

memories of why I ultimately hate fighting games, most of all Mortal Kombat came flooding back playing this game. I finally beat him by cheesing him, felt extremely unfulfulling. It's a good game, worth the $10 but yea, won't platinum this and will probably get traded in at first good trade in offer.

OmegaZero

Anyone else had a hard time beating Shao Kahn in story mode? It took me over an hour just to beat him. He is so cheesy and half the time I was fighting against the Vita's directional pad.

Well, for one, Shao Kahn ranks among one of the easier fighting game bosses out there. He can be comboed, most of his attacks are either blockable or easily telegraphed, and he randomly taunts you to leave himself open.
Sure, the first battle against him is usually the hardest, but once you learn the properties of each attack, he's cake.

Secondly, the Vita has an amazing d-pad.

Any good action-Rpg psp games that someone can recommend?

I already have Dissidia, MHFU, GE and all the Ys. I am in need of something new and good.

Takao

Banned
Whoa, whoa, whoa. How do you get the e-mail then?? All I have is this lame DVD that I have no idea what to do with lol :(.

I was just sent an email with the voucher. All I had to do was attach a PSN account to the Go, and they sent an email to the email account I put for PSN. I did however buy a Go without the "Free games!" branding on it. Did you redeem the games previously?

PSY・S;40055878 said:
Semi-spoilers in your screencaps, yo.
Heh, it's not like this part of the story made much sense anyway

They are so out of context and don't show anything concrete so I guessed it wasn't a problem.

Any good action-Rpg psp games that someone can recommend?

I already have Dissidia, MHFU, GE and all the Ys. I am in need of something new and good.

It's not an action RPG but I loved Gurumin. It has the classic structure of a PSX game (like Tail Concerto, MM Legends, etc)

Sheik

I was just sent an email with the voucher. All I had to do was attach a PSN account to the Go, and they sent an email to the email account I put for PSN. I did however buy a Go without the "Free games!" branding on it. Did you redeem the games previously?

Nope, bought my PSP Go from EB in January or February before I really knew about the Vita. Cost me like $20 after trade-ins. Haven't used the DVD either CBF. I haven't attached a PSN account to my PSP Go though, maybe I'll try that. Here's another question. I have CFW on my PSP Go currently because I wanted to try out KHBBS. I'm like 20 hours in. If I attach a PSN account to my Go will that affect my CFW/save data?

Ran rp

tumblr_m7dpgrbWV21rqelk1.png

Harmonix thought about/may consider porting Rock Band Blitz to the Vita. Twitter.

Takao

Banned
Nope, bought my PSP Go from EB in January or February before I really knew about the Vita. Cost me like $20 after trade-ins. Haven't used the DVD either CBF. I haven't attached a PSN account to my PSP Go though, maybe I'll try that. Here's another question. I have CFW on my PSP Go currently because I wanted to try out KHBBS. I'm like 20 hours in. If I attach a PSN account to my Go will that affect my CFW/save data?

I dunno. Is your PSP on the newest firmware? I think tying your account to PSN may force you to go legit, but I'm not certain. You're better off asking that question in the PSP CFW thread on GAF.

Guess I won't platinum this game, F companies that force you to play online for trophies.

Dear god. This. I'm so frustrated I put Wipeout back in my vita instead. Fuck that game. Fuck it. fuck it. fuck it. (Mortal Kombat)

Sheik

I dunno. Is your PSP on the newest firmware? I think tying your account to PSN may force you to go legit, but I'm not certain. You're better off asking that question in the PSP CFW thread on GAF.

Ah, well. Was planning on going OFW anyway after I beat KHBBS, but I've been busy playing other stuff. Thanks for the help!

They are so out of context and don't show anything concrete so I guessed it wasn't a problem.

It's not an action RPG but I loved Gurumin. It has the classic structure of a PSX game (like Tail Concerto, MM Legends, etc)

OmegaTreeFish or OutUndertheStars, recommended Gurumin a few pages (more than a few lol) back - I went to buy it from Vita' PSN shop...didn't work out, SCEA doesn't have it there, I don't have a PS3 :/

Oh well.

Lucent

OmegaTreeFish or OutUndertheStars, recommended Gurumin a few pages (more than a few lol) back - I went to buy it from Vita' PSN shop...didn't work out, SCEA doesn't have it there, I don't have a PS3 :/

Oh well.

Kinda weird how some of the compatible games aren't thrown in with the Vita store. Would be nice if Sony got that. Isn't there supposed to be a way you can buy stuff from the store through PC?

EDIT: Like this?

patsu

Kinda weird how some of the compatible games aren't thrown in with the Vita store. Would be nice if Sony got that. Isn't there supposed to be a way you can buy stuff from the store through PC?

MediaGo is not compatible with Vita. They made the Vita copy and install system stricter.

And with my high anticipation for PS1 games Compatability, I can totally see SCEA messing shit up, the same way they've messed PSP for Vita. A bunch of stuff which works, not on the storefront for Vita owners and a ton of gems missing from the library...

I will be furious.

Lame. I guess I didn't know about that. =/

Well...umm...should get a PS3, it's a great system. =D

Sony spent my goodwill for PS3 when it launched at a ludicrous $600, that and the CG "gameplay" trailers :/
I will confess Sony had it right with PS2 (DRErrors not withstanding), and I've come to appreciate the Sony approach to growing original IP's and fostering a gamer oriented focus. Yet, I have a 360 and hadn't touched it since November, until Dragon's Dogma. I barely played it last year as well. Except for Arkham City, Dark Souls and some Skyrim.

Ive shifted to portables, mainly since August 2011. Got a new 3DS + ambassador games at the price cut (Walmart dropped to $170 2 days early) and have invested heavily on that platform and I adore it. I've invested in Vita, for the great third party titles available and incoming, as well as the Sony IP's I missed out on this gen that have arrived and will inevitably receive Vita treatment.

Believe it or not, my love of handheld titles was rekindled by the original iPad. I then bought an iPad 2 the following year, grew tired of the iOS model for gaming (F2P/IAP) and the lackof professional gaming titles and polish pushed me into dedicated handheld gaming, haven't looked back.

I wish Sony would understand there are Vita owners, like myself, who want to play PS1/PSP library of games, but have no interest in PS3. They'd make some income catering to this crowd, right? :)

I figure owning at least something from each of the big 3 = experience something from all of their IP's and unique third party exclusives, too

Lucent

Ah. Yeah I guess I can see that. I didn't get a PS3 until 2008 so that wasn't really a problem for me. They've done some stupid stuff though, like taking out PS2 b/c. But they've also done some things right, like offering a lot of what makes 360's Gold supposedly worth paying for free.

I don't think I could play exclusively on handhelds. I love them now, but there are some games that just have to be on a big screen.

Mileena

Banned
Well, for one, Shao Kahn ranks among one of the easier fighting game bosses out there. He can be comboed, most of his attacks are either blockable or easily telegraphed, and he randomly taunts you to leave himself open.
Sure, the first battle against him is usually the hardest, but once you learn the properties of each attack, he's cake.

Secondly, the Vita has an amazing d-pad.
This. Shao Kahn isn't hard once you learn Raiden's very easy 30+% combos.

Vita dpad is perfect for the game.

Ok, now I'm officially one of you -- bought one of the $163 AWD units. Hopefully it comes and is in good condition... then I'll have to consider buying mutant space blobs to appease carl.

Ah. Yeah I guess I can see that. I didn't get a PS3 until 2008 so that wasn't really a problem for me. They've done some stupid stuff though, like taking out PS2 b/c. But they've also done some things right, like offering a lot of what makes 360's Gold supposedly worth paying for free.

I don't think I could play exclusively on handhelds. I love them now, but there are some games that just have to be on a big screen.

I did experience some of my favorite games on 360, though ;)

Red Dead Redemption + Undead Nightmare
Mass Effect 1, 2 (watched partner play 3)
Shadows of the Damned
Vanquish
Dragons Dogma
Dark Souls
Lost Odyssey
Bioshock
Vanquish
Batman Arkham City + Asylum
Tales of Vesperia
Mirrors Edge
Tomb Raider Underworld
Dragon Age (Origins)
Elderscrolls Oblivion (hated Skyrim)....among others

Really only looking forward to Resident Evil 6, Tomb Raider, Aliens Colonial Marines and Bioshock Infinite

The upcoming 3DS/Vita lineup appeals more, I guess, as they remind me of the variation of GCN/PS2 gen = varied experiences, with new and experimental IP's and just...game variety for multiple genre's...

The console games are seemingly more shooters in grey/brown colors, with overly serious tendency. That and console games are all starting to feel samey/look samey, blend together. Burnt out on the look and feel. Really :/

Lucent

Really only looking forward to Resident Evil 6, Tomb Raider, Aliens Colonial Marines and Bioshock Infinite

The upcoming 3DS/Vita lineup appeals more, I guess, as they remind me of the variation of GCN/PS2 gen = varied experiences, with new and experimental IP's and just...game variety for multiple genre's...

The console games are seemingly more shooters in grey/brown colors, with overly serious tendency. That and console games are all starting to feel samey/look samey, blend together. Burnt out on the look and feel. Really :/

Yeah I agree on that. There was a lt of variety on the PS2 and Gamecube. The shooters are too much. The only shooter I'll probably play this year and next (as far as FPS goes) is Borderlands 2 and Bioshock Infinite.

The handhelds are def getting some variety.

EDIT: And I'm so hyped for RE6. =D

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I -assume- everyone has ZOMG GAME OF THE VITA!!!! (cough/andPS3/PsP/cough) Velocity .... right?

Look... it's simple

You own Velocity... or you look like a prat. Okay?

Incredible game is incredible
Cheap incredible game is incredible
Cheap amazing incredible game and YOU don't own it makes you NOT CREDIBLE!

Do it
for you
for your family
for your country
for your soul

It's mandatory gaming. names will be taken of those who do not step into line.
Just saying....

Finally broke down and got Virtua Tennis 4. Wow this game looks so damn gorgeous on the OLED screen. It's also very fun so far though it was pretty tough at first.

Sid

I -assume- everyone has ZOMG GAME OF THE VITA!!!! (cough/andPS3/PsP/cough) Velocity .... right?

Look... it's simple

You own Velocity... or you look like a prat. Okay?

Incredible game is incredible
Cheap incredible game is incredible
Cheap amazing incredible game and YOU don't own it makes you NOT CREDIBLE!

Do it
for you
for your family
for your country
for your soul

It's mandatory gaming. names will be taken of those who do not step into line.
Just saying....

I don't have velocity

Finally broke down and got Virtua Tennis 4. Wow this game looks so damn gorgeous on the OLED screen. It's also very fun so far though it was pretty tough at first.

Game is friggin' amazing. I remember when I first played this on Dreamcast, fell in love immediately. I had been wanting to get back into the series. Figured now was as good a time as any. =)

FMbarbarian

Game is friggin' amazing. I remember when I first played this on Dreamcast, fell in love immediately. I had been wanting to get back into the series. Figured now was as good a time as any. =)
This is the first tennis game I've played it's crazy fun. It's the type of game that I tell myself that I'm only going to play one match and then end up playing an entire season. Thanks to all of those on this thread who suggested it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The Flying Hamster - Haha, this is perfect. Great music, and all the personality and expression you expect from a "Cute 'em up".

Thanks to those who recommended it!

I want a good, original beat-em-up on this thing so bad, I almost wanna buy Fly Fu (...?) and Wackylands Boss, lol. Anyone have any experience with either?

Mutant Blob looks pretty cool, wondering if I'd like to buy that, or get Kenka Bancho on the Atlus sale, so I can finally play some co-op "Night Out" mode...

My latest weekly update is uploading now. Damn this has been going on a while.

Also Velocity is pretty damn awesome but I've been hooked on Treasures of Montezuma lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom