• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

spannicus

Man I want another Uncharted quality game on the Vita asap sucks I gotta wait until the end of October. My 360 has not been fired up for months.

magawolaz

When everybody and their mother owns the game, you can't expect anything else. And SCEA needs videos on the psn to showcase games. I wouldn't have bought MBA or Velocity (and won't buy any other game) based on the psn rating or names.

I understand that people can go to YouTube to check the games out, but why not clean up the store and put some videos/images so people actually become interested in the games.

Agreed. If not videos, at least screenshots for EVERY game. Along with file size (I can't believe they show the file size for saves but not for the game itself ._. )

patsu

My SCEA inside source tells me that Velocity and MBA sales have already sharply declined
:(

Velocity will be put in the US Vita store for the first time next week. Lazy people like me will finally get a chance to buy it. Should be able to see a minor boost.

After MBA, DrinkBox is gearing up for Guacamelee for Vita and PS3. Hope to see the game in store soon.

spannicus

Who do I have to pay to get some screenshots of Liberation, COD, Killzone,
NFS shit Soul Sacrifice info is everywhere and we wont see this until 2013. I just wish they werent so damn secretive over these games releasing in 4 months damn. Tired of waiting for events just gimmie a taste damn you.

zroid

Banned
Did you like MBA ? If so, you should be fine with Rayman Origins.

To be honest, again based on the demo I played, I didn't really like MBA. It felt too sluggish and I was really turned off by the touch mechanics. It's another game that I'm still willing to give a chance, but it'll have to be on sale.

It pains me because I want to support Drinkbox as they're my Toronto homeboys. I think Guacamelee looks more my speed though.

patsu

To be honest, again based on the demo I played, I didn't really like MBA. It felt too sluggish and I was really turned off by the touch mechanics. It's another game that I'm still willing to give a chance, but it'll have to be on sale.

It pains me because I want to support Drinkbox as they're my Toronto homeboys. I think Guacamelee looks more my speed though.

Hah ! No wonder you are unsure about Rayman. Anyway, since you bought Rayman today, if you like it, take a look at MBA too. ^_^

qcf x2

I might as well list my purchases:

Card:

BlazBlue
UMVC3

Digital:

Super Stardust Delta
Gravity Rush

PSP:

P3P <-- by far the best of the stuff I've bought
Trails in the Sky
Monster Hunter
Kenka Banchou
30 Sec Hero

HSG is like crack. Took the Olympics for that sucker to go on sale, and I'm so glad it did :-D

Seriously, this is the perfect portable game, and it nails the "just...one...more...round" feeling. Customizing is so fun and the game actually doesn't look that bad.

Combined with the requisite Vita advantages over the PS3 game like sleep mode and custom soundtrack, it becomes a killer app in my opinion.

BUY IT

StuBurns

Banned
I never posted my list, although it's pretty slim compared to most of Vita-GAF.

Card:
Gravity Rush
Uncharted GA

Digital:
Everybody's Golf
Lumines
Super Stardust Delta
Mutant Blob Attack
Escape Plan
Plants vs Zombies

PSP:
I've only bought P3P since I got the Vita, but I also have GTA:CW and FF4CC on the Vita at the moment.

Kazerei

Banned
I have a fairly small library too. But it will double once PS1 support happens :)

Vita games:
Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

PSP games:
ClaDun X2
Killzone Liberation
LittleBigPlanet
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Persona 3 Portable

I have a fairly small library too. But it will double once PS1 support happens :)

Vita games:
Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

PSP games:
ClaDun X2
Killzone Liberation
LittleBigPlanet
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Persona 3 Portable

ClaDun X2, what're your thoughts on it? Does the US release include the Falcom characters from the JP release?

Takao

Banned
I thought A+ studios usually shift portable titles to their partner B studios. In that case NFS is being developed by Criterion themselves?

Earlier this year they were hiring for PS3-Vita development, and from what we've heard of NFS: MW Vita it certainly matches what they were looking for.

Famassu

Based on the three Rayman demos I've played (PS3, Vita, 3DS), it seems really overrated, but since it's 18 bucks now I'll finally give it a proper shot. Hopefully it's just the demos that were unimpressive.
The thing with Rayman Origins is... it's kind of like Mirror's Edge. It's decent fun when you first play levels and perhaps try to collect things and advance somewhat slowly, BUT... It's at its best in the time trials. That's one aspect I don't think the demos touch at all. It literally turns into a whole other game at that point (an even greater platformer).

HSG is like crack. Took the Olympics for that sucker to go on sale, and I'm so glad it did :-D

Seriously, this is the perfect portable game, and it nails the "just...one...more...round" feeling. Customizing is so fun and the game actually doesn't look that bad.

Combined with the requisite Vita advantages over the PS3 game like sleep mode and custom soundtrack, it becomes a killer app in my opinion.

BUY IT

Virtua Tennis 4 has somehow knocked HSG off of my go to list this week. I can't stop playing the thing. It has that same "just one more tournament" hook that gets into your brain...

zroid

Banned
The thing with Rayman Origins is... it's kind of like Mirror's Edge. It's decent fun when you first play levels and perhaps try to collect things and advance somewhat slowly, BUT... It's at its best in the time trials. That's one aspect I don't think the demos touch at all. It literally turns into a whole other game at that point (an even greater platformer).

You aren't the first person to tell me this, so I'm looking forward to playing those for sure.

Grisby

There were lists a while back? Eh, why not.

Retail:
Gravity Rush
Uncharted GA
Wipeout 20-something
Unit 13
Rayman
Little Deviants (part of that early adopters deal)
Hot Shots Golf
Resistance Burning Skies

Digital:
Mutant Blobs Attack

Yeah, I'm a hard copy man but I didn't realize I had that many Vita games already. About 4 or so of those were bought during Gamestop's $20 sale a week or so back ago. After not being a big handheld guy since the Gameboy I'm loving this thing.

Virtua Tennis 4 has somehow knocked HSG off of my go to list this week. I can't stop playing the thing. It has that same "just one more tournament" hook that gets into your brain...
I bought that the same day as HSG. I'd be more addicted to it if my brain could wrap itself around the World Tour mode. I don't understand how to navigate that damn map X-(

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Yup, the speed trophies were my favourite part. Great music too.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Wackylands Boss is one of the highest user rated Minis and is a lot of fun.

Fly Fu is okay, but not great.

Twin Blades is also pretty good, very similar to Wackylands boss, only not quite so original (you play a zombie killing nun)

Thanks for the impressions:)

Wackylands looks better the more I see of it; varied environments and character customization help make it look like a much fuller game, than initial impression suggested.

I should mention I have Twin Blades on XBLIG; loved the story mode content they added to that one. Really liked it's aspects like the day/night cycle, added boss battles, and expanded weapon and combo upgrades, compared to it's original release. Some of it's controls felt a little stiff, but was overall quite impressed at the level of detail and content.

Kazerei

Banned
ClaDun X2, what're your thoughts on it? Does the US release include the Falcom characters from the JP release?

The neat thing about ClaDun is you can design and animate your own characters, pixel by pixel. The Falcom characters were just official designs printed in a magazine and/or released online. People have created unofficial designs for various other characters (see: Wikia). It's kind of similar to Nintendo Miis, you can create your own or just download what other people have made.

As for my thoughts on the game, it's a fun little hack-n-slash dungeon crawler. And like other NIS games, if you're driven to build a team of ridiculously powerful characters, the game lets you grind away forever and ever. Although to be honest, the game didn't really hold my attention for that long. There's barely any story and the gameplay mechanics aren't explained well. It's a nice little time sink, but not a full-blown experience. I'd recommend it if it's on sale for $9.99, but not at full price.

dsigns1

I bought that the same day as HSG. I'd be more addicted to it if my brain could wrap itself around the World Tour mode. I don't understand how to navigate that damn map X-(

The map is like a board game and the numbers on the right side are like your dice options. Choose the number of spaces you would like to move and then sometimes the road forks so you can choose which side of the fork to take.

As for my thoughts on the game, it's a fun little hack-n-slash dungeon crawler. And like other NIS games, if you're driven to build a team of ridiculously powerful characters, the game lets you grind away forever and ever. Although to be honest, the game didn't really hold my attention for that long. There's barely any story and the gameplay mechanics aren't explained well. It's a nice little time sink, but not a full-blown experience. I'd recommend it if it's on sale for $9.99, but not at full price.

Just what I needed to hear. Thanks!

Takao

Banned
yeah, World Tour Soccer/2 (and also This is Football) were pretty good.

Not sure what Sony is thinking, there is no reason not to put this and all of their PSP games on the store, this is just stupid.

Their league licenses may have either never included digital rights, or have expired. I believe the entirety of Sony's sports games outside of The Show are not on PSN.

hongcha

I just got an email from amazon.com with a $50 off code for a brand new vita system. Anyone want this? I already have a vita. $200 for a system is a great deal. Code expires July 27.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Their league licenses may have either never included digital rights, or have expired. I believe the entirety of Sony's sports games outside of The Show are not on PSN.

man these licenses issues (same with Outrun) and prices are just killing this DD future fake utopia.

just give me a UMD player add on already,Sony.

Anybody in here still playing Blaz Blue on Vita? I see the community has died down a lot. If you guys and gals are looking for a fight feel free to add me and send a message I can setup a room and what not for some best of threes. : ]

Salty runbacks are acceptable! My Psn is Tko_hero.

OmegaZero

Anybody in here still playing Blaz Blue on Vita? I see the community has died down a lot. If you guys and gals are looking for a fight feel free to add me and send a message I can setup a room and what not for some best of threes. : ]

Salty runbacks are acceptable! My Psn is Tko_hero.

I would, but I'm still trying to get good with a character. :/
Hazama's who I'm focusing on because he is really fun to use, but I suck with him.
I'm better with Ragna, but isn't everyone?

I would, but I'm still trying to get good with a character. :/
Hazama's who I'm focusing on because he is really fun to use, but I suck with him.
I'm better with Ragna, but isn't everyone?

Yeeeep. Awesome character but total shoto. He's easy to play as. (FYI, I don't have it on Vita yet!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom