• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massa

So the 32Gb card is $81 at Walmart. Is this the usual price in-stores too? And does anyone how long it's been that price at Walmart?

Got 2 8GB memory cards from Superstore (in Canada), last night for $15 each. Now I'm thinking of downloading a whole lot more games. Where should I start? I only have Gravity Rush and Katamari. Let's say I wanna drop around $100 on the PSN store, what should I consider?

I would, but I'm still trying to get good with a character. :/
Hazama's who I'm focusing on because he is really fun to use, but I suck with him.
I'm better with Ragna, but isn't everyone?

Hey it's all good. The matches would just be for fun and all that jazz.

Unrelated question here: Isn't there a free to play mmo n JP Vita called samurai and dragons? If i made a JP psn account could i Play that?

Takao

Banned
Got 2 8GB memory cards from Superstore (in Canada), last night for $15 each. Now I'm thinking of downloading a whole of more games. Where should I start? I only have Gravity Rush and Katamari. Let's say I wanna drop around $100 on the PSN store, what should I consider?

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Takao

Banned
Hey it's all good. The matches would just be for fun and all that jazz.

Unrelated question here: Isn't there a free to play mmo n JP Vita called samurai and dragons? If i made a JP psn account could i Play that?

Unless you know Japanese I'd recommend against that. I tried playing the game and had no clue as to what to do. There's a big city building aspect to the game that seems to be completely lost on those who don't know Japanese.

Lucent

So the 32Gb card is $81 at Walmart. Is this the usual price in-stores too? And does anyone how long it's been that price at Walmart?

It's been around $81 on Amazon.com for the longest time now, but the MSRP is really $99.99. So it's almost 20% off. But I still went with a 16gb just because I know I can deal with that until the cards start dropping in price further.

Unless you know Japanese I'd recommend against that. I tried playing the game and had no clue as to what to do. There's a big city building aspect to the game that seems to be completely lost on those who don't know Japanese.

Aw damn. My Japanese is severely limited. I'm not big on city building sim stuff anyway -_-

branny

I'm guessing it's pretty unlikely that we'll suddenly see older UMD-only games made available on PSN due to licensing issues and all that. I've just been thinking about how much we're still missing.

I'd kill for digital copies of these in the NA store, and I'm sure there's way more that other people would like to see:

KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep
Star Ocean: First Departure
Star Ocean: Second Evolution
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
DJ MAX Fever (disappeared)
Phantasy Star Portable 2 (ditto)
Lumines
Lumines II
OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast

Tales of Eternia (EU)
Ridge Racer 2 (EU)

It's bad enough games like Final Fantasy Type-0, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, and (ugh) Grand Knights History never came over, but a few don't even need to to be localized to be enjoyed. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA/2nd/Extend and DJMAX Portable 2/Black Square/Clazziquai Edition would be perfect for a PSP equivalent of PSone Imports.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I want to play a Dragon Ball game one day on my Vita...

Bamco should give us an English version of Digimon World Re:Digitize first (upscaled as Vita native game and available only on PSN can be sweet too),seriously.

I'm guessing it's pretty unlikely that we'll suddenly see older UMD-only games made available on PSN due to licensing issues and all that. I've just been thinking about how much we're still missing.

I'd kill for digital copies of these in the NA store, and I'm sure there's way more that other people would like to see:

KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep
Star Ocean: First Departure
Star Ocean: Second Evolution
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
DJ MAX Fever (disappeared)
Phantasy Star Portable 2 (ditto)
Lumines
Lumines II
OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast

Tales of Eternia (EU)
Ridge Racer 2 (EU)

It's bad enough games like Final Fantasy Type-0, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, and (ugh) Grand Knights History never came over, but a few don't even need to to be localized to be enjoyed. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA/2nd/Extend and DJMAX Portable 2/Black Square/Clazziquai Edition would be perfect for a PSP equivalent of PSone Imports.

There are so much missing PSP games ( also Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner) it's crazy.

Takao

Banned
Bamco should give us an English version of Digimon World Re:Digitize first (upscaled as Vita native game and available only on PSN can be sweet too),seriously.

That game seemingly is about to do very well in Japan. I'd like to play it but I don't understand Japanese, and even if it were a Vita game I don't think it would stand much of a shot for localization.

A PSP equivalent of PSone Imports would be great. I'm pretty damn sad I can't play Project Diva on my Vita until f is out. =/

But yeah, there's waaaay too many titles missing from PSN.

brentech

Can someone do me the favor and send me a wall challenge in Motorstorm RC. Didn't realize what that trophy meant until I cleared all but the supercar challenges. Little hard to beat without an real challenge to use.

OmegaZero

Can someone do me the favor and send me a wall challenge in Motorstorm RC. Didn't realize what that trophy meant until I cleared all but the supercar challenges. Little hard to beat without an real challenge to use.

I could, but the thing is that I'd have to send you a time that's better then one of yours, so you can beat it and ect.

Also, about the Supercar challenges. How did you beat Wet and Wild? :/

brentech

I could, but the thing is that I'd have to send you a time that's better then one of yours, so you can beat it and ect.

Also, about the Supercar challenges. How did you beat Wet and Wild? :/
Looking at my game, there are some supercar events I have not tried at all yet.
Just did 'freeway' in the apocalypse set.
I put a time down of 1.07min where the bronze is 17sec.

I think if you eclipse that and still have a slow time we can just send requests off that.
Same PSN ID as my gaf

OmegaZero

Looking at my game, there are some supercar events I have not tried at all yet.
Just did 'freeway' in the apocalypse set.
I put a time down of 1.07min where the bronze is 17sec.

I think if you eclipse that and still have a slow time we can just send requests off that.
Same PSN ID as my gaf

Just beat Wet and Wild. :D

Anyway, I'll set a slow time on Freeway and challenge you with it.
Just sent you a Friend Request (PSN is OmegaZero663).

EDIT: Just sent the challenge too. Time is 20.031.

dsigns1

Go to the wall and press triangle. It will bring up more of your friends times and you can choose which to compete against.

B.O.O.M

My current game list

Retail
Golden Abyss
Ninja Gaiden Sigma+
Gravity Rush
Unit 13
Mortal Kombat
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Digital
Mutant Blob Attack
Motorstorm RC
FF Tactics

brentech

Just beat Wet and Wild. :D

Anyway, I'll set a slow time on Freeway and challenge you with it.
Just sent you a Friend Request (PSN is OmegaZero663).

EDIT: Just sent the challenge too. Time is 20.031.
Sweet thanks. Loading it up. Let me know if ya need something.

Edit: that did the trick. One challenge, repeated like 8 times over since I had a few done that weren't crazy from before.

For the trophy. Much appreciated.

JoshHood

how come no one mentioned GTA LCS was added to the Store? Why is no one discussing tbh

Because it's just SCEA catching up with the rest of the world ;)

Edit: In all seriousness, great game, but I've always found the Liberty City-set GTAs a bit drab. For that reason (and the bonus Phil Collins), I much prefer Vice City Stories.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really hope Sony announces some Vita exclusive stuff at Game Heaven or whatever. I understand the benefit of portability of games for some people, but for me, I bought a Vita because of the same reasons I bought a 3DS. There are certain kinds of games that don't show up on consoles that still show up on handhelds, but Sony has yet to show that to me for the Vita. I think PSO 2 on Vita will be awesome, but I doubt we'll get it over here.

AC Liberation looks cool, but as much as I enjoy my time with AC, Revelations and Brotherhood taught me that I like them every couple of years. I couldn't imagine playing 2 in the same month. Persona 4 Golden is great for people who haven't already played the title. I have, and I don't really feel like doing all that grinding all over again. It also doesn't help that it comes out, again this is just for me, during a month where a certain pocket monster franchise comes out(which I've been away from for years, so I'm kind of hyped about that)

With the shorter battery life of handhelds and the competition of smartphones, Sony has to know that plenty of people are playing their games at home. Sure, Jet Set would look great dat OLED, but you know what? I think it'll look even better on my tv with surround sound.

I think the EDF game is a GREAT idea for a Vita title. It's quick to learn, and it's very easy to take breaks from. Who knows if we'll get it though. I also don't think there's enough retail games that are coming out that take advantage of the front/back touch screen. That's unique. Give me something with that. I love the 3DS, but the ability to touch the screen with my fingers >>>>>>>>>> using that stupid stylus.

I really hope they announce some stuff that uses the Vita as a Vita and not just as a mini ps3. And I hate this idea that big retail games shouldn't do that. That it's reserved to downloadable titles or something.

I managed to hold off from using the Vita I bought a couple pages back for $169 in Canada until today, my birthday.

It will be a glorious day for me.

Famassu

I much prefer Vice City Stories.
Btw, how IS Vice City Stories on Vita? And how good is the game altogether? Is it worth the 15€ they ask (as in, it's not just, like, 10% of the usual GTA game's volume, but a decently meaty game)? Controls don't suck?

spats

Btw, how IS Vice City Stories on Vita? And how good is the game altogether? Is it worth the 15€ they ask (as in, it's not just, like, 10% of the usual GTA game's volume, but a decently meaty game)? Controls don't suck?

It's good. If you like how GTA games controlled on the PS2, you shouldn't have any problems with this. Performance is good, the 80s Miami-y neon colors look really vibrant on the Vita screen and there's a TON to do.

The one problem I had with it and what stopped me from finishing it are some brutally difficult missions later on. They feel really unbalanced and rushed compared to the rest of the game, which in itself is a lot of fun. Definitely worth the purchase, if you can find the energy to power through some real bullshit missions. There are YouTube playthroughs obviously, but they're mechanically really hard to pull off. It's hard to explain, but yeah.

Tizoc

I remember reading a long time ago that you can get the digital ver. of any of your PSP UMD discs off of PS Store for a certain fee; how does one go about doing that? I've got a bunch of UMD games I'd like to play on the Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom