• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

There are mobile based Monster Hunter games, and they're all very different from what you'd get on PSP, or 3DS. I expect that to continue lest Capcom wants to ruin selling 4 million units at $70.

Capcom may not have a choice as people get used to cheaper and quality games elsewhere. It is also unclear the current business model will make the most $$$ moving forward.

The shallow games on those platform help to sustain people's attention. They may seem inferior to traditional games now, but there is no technical reason why they can't be deeper. The core gamers use those devices everyday too. What we see today may/will be transient.

This is true but sometimes you have to make a choice. Do you spend $30+ million on a new IP in a crowded genre for a platform that has tonnes of support, or do you drop a bit more to secure a series that would bring your userbase for a brand new platform to huge levels?

There is nothing stopping a Demon's Souls 2 from existing. SCE owns the IP, and it's just a question of whether or not SCEJ can find a suitable developer, or get From interested in making a sequel.

Yes they can ! But why the blunder in the first place when they had full access throughout the development phase.

I don't know what you're talking about. Vita's success and failure all lies within Japan, a region which SCE has invested very little in.

Japan is their core platform team. They probably invested heavily in platform techs like PS Mobile, PSN, Vita OS over there. I don't know if the same Software Division #2 does all the Vita apps.

Their Japan game studios are also getting $$$ to make games but it seems that the problem is their quality or acceptance. Not necessary the investment. Other than a few high profile investment like GT5, Last Guardian, most of their other games don't seem to draw worldwide attention. TLG development hasn't been smooth, and even PS3 pro/exclusive titles like the FFXIII series seem problematic.

I heard good things about Tokyo Jungle but is that done by their own studios ? For Vita, Gravity Rush is the only one that capture my imagination but it will need time to mature.

It just strikes me that they need more work in the game appeal and design department. The games don't have to be super complex at all. If things like Demon's Souls get overlooked but stagnant stuff like PS Home are left "as is" just because it makes some money, I have to wonder what is a Sony game in the presence of iOS/Android/DS titles.

If they can answer this question convincingly, then their Vita (and PS3) titles should be able to stand out, with or without MH.

patsu

Got my Vita back from maintenance. They claimed they did nothing, but my vita works perfectly now, so I guess I'm very happy. Picked up MGS HD for it, and now enjoying Gravity Rush again.

Haha they probably just hard reset your unit ?

Got my Vita back from maintenance. They claimed they did nothing, but my vita works perfectly now, so I guess I'm very happy. Picked up MGS HD for it, and now enjoying Gravity Rush again.
Welcome back! :D

Junior's can't send PMs? That's pretty lame.
Maybe his PM box is full or disabled PMs?

Speaking of monhun, anyone here excited for Ragnarok!? I hope we get a solid release date soon cuz the game looks great
Of course! I play the demo every now and again to get my fix before it comes over here.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
yk1Cl.jpg

it look so beautiful. ;_;

I wish it was real.

Have ripped through Motorstorm RC trophies since getting the Wall Brawl.
Have done all but getting the total time under 40min. Need to scratch another 1min2sec off.

When PSone emulator hit,We Go better release Re-Volt(PSX version) on the store.

patsu

I have only used the official one but I did not like it. I still have one of them leftover from the 2-pack though. It went on perfectly, so that's a plus. However, I found it had a very slightly bluish tint. Also, the touchscreen felt more resistant. It wasn't as slick and nice as it is naked. I'm back to using no protector.

The official protector works alright for me.

It does seem a bit different from naked Vita though. Not a big problem for me because the touchscreen is so sensitive.

However after a month or two, I need to restart Vita because the touchscreen will become a little laggy or even go nuts. Then everything is perfect again.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Speaking of monhun, anyone here excited for Ragnarok!? I hope we get a solid release date soon cuz the game looks great

Part of the reason I got a Vita:) RO with some actual fun gameplay seems fantastic. I'm impressed with the kind of personality they've brought to their characters and world, it looks like all the good of PSU's battle systems, mixed with RO personality (fall-off damage numbers, big bursting crits, RO Classes), and that just sounds like a fun fusion to me.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I know it wasn't included in the first batch of DLC songs, but if the Theme of Prontera somehow makes it into the game, it'll be the biggest RO nostalgia bomb I've had since playing Ragnarok Battle Offline.

Ha, my brother and I played RO so much back in the day, we had our family humming the Prontera theme. Love the music of the game (and of RO battle offline; Geffen Dungeon's theme in that game is so good!)

Man, I'd love to have RBO as some form of Vita download...

Lucent

I have only used the official one but I did not like it. I still have one of them leftover from the 2-pack though. It went on perfectly, so that's a plus. However, I found it had a very slightly bluish tint. Also, the touchscreen felt more resistant. It wasn't as slick and nice as it is naked. I'm back to using no protector.

I'm using the official one now and I have no problem with how it feels. Yeah it's not as slick, but it's slick enough for me. I like knowing it has a layer of protection, too. It's still just as responsive for me, too. Hardly can tell it's on there. =)

B.O.O.M

My avatar will remain Ragnarok-ized with a ghetto Poring Hat and Romantic Flower until I get my fix.

Haha just noticed it. Well done.

Of course! I play the demo every now and again to get my fix before it comes over here.

The demo is Japan psn only right?

DAY ZERO

I hope it's really good. I'm kind of worried because it didn't do big in Japan but I'm sure I'll enjoy the game.

I believe Gamearts have said they are very happy with the sales. iirc they even had a 100k yen competition to celebrate the sales even. The andriasang article on it made it sound like it has shipped AND sold over 100k. Either way it's pretty impressive for a new IP in Japan.

Do you guys already know what class you want to play as?

Takao

Banned
You can download the demo and then play it with your western PSN ID.

I'd also hesitate to call it a new IP. Ragnarok has been an online game for ages, and there were 2 prior games on PSP, and DS lol.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
After getting Vita for almost two months now, I changed my pre order of Dragon's Crown from PS3 to Vita (any one else did this?) I never pick handheld version over console of PC, but I think I trust Vita enough to give me the full experience and I think Dragon's Crown is something I need to have on the go and everywhere.

but I still feel uncertain about it , I guess Dragon's Crown need a bundle with PS3/Vita version-Disc and Vita download code- for $50now that will be ace.

and again with crazy prices..FIFA is almost full price still ($40 to $35) when FIFA 13 will get release on September.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm using the official one now and I have no problem with how it feels. Yeah it's not as slick, but it's slick enough for me. I like knowing it has a layer of protection, too. It's still just as responsive for me, too. Hardly can tell it's on there. =)

That's definitely true. If I were really worried about having a protector on it, I'd get over the slight difference in screen slickness. But I came to realize that I like it so much without the protector that I'll take the risk. It is either in my case or at home near carpeting at all times.

softie

My Vita memory card is pretty much filled up now and I'm starting to really dislike the way Sony handles save games for Vita games. There's no consitency to it (does my game save to the card or not?), there's seemingly no way to just backup the save games? Is there any hack out there that allows me to get the save games (and only the save games) off the device so I can put them on the device again at a later time?

Well there is a very easy way to get the save game, but it's not so easy to put it back into the game:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39681435&postcount=18456

After getting Vita for almost two months now, I changed my pre order of Dragon's Crown from PS3 to Vita (any one else did this?) I never pick handheld version over console of PC, but I think I trust Vita enough to give me the full experience and I think Dragon's Crown is something I need to have on the go and everywhere.

but I still feel uncertain about it , I guess Dragon's Crown need a bundle with PS3/Vita version-Disc and Vita download code- for $50now that will be ace.

and again with crazy prices..FIFA is almost full price still ($40 to $35) when FIFA 13 will get release on September.

I'm definitely picking up Dragon's Crown on the Vita first. It was one of the games that pushed me to get the system at launch. :p If they end up doing a Vita/PS3 bundle for a smaller price, I'll get that instead.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised

i still need to get back to Ragnarok - got to the third set of quests but, really? It's a poor man's Monster Hunter/PSO clone

I played coming off the back of 100%-ing MH3rdP though - so that probably put it into much sharper focus.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well, Disgaea 4 just jumped up beside DQ8 in my unconfirmed, wishful Vita announcements. 3 is consuming all my free time.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Well, Disgaea 4 just jumped up beside DQ8 in my unconfirmed, wishful Vita announcements. 3 is consuming all my free time.
Your impressions are making the game harder and harder to resist. I haven't bought it yet because I feel like Disgaea 4 Portable is inevitable.

Takao

Banned

Oh there's no doubt Disgaea 4 is coming to Vita. The question is if it'll be released here given how poorly D3 Vita has sold.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Oh there's no doubt Disgaea 4 is coming to Vita. The question is if it'll be released here given how poorly D3 Vita has sold.
Do you have sales numbers or estimates? I hoped D3 did better than the PSP games, if only because it was a launch title.

Mileena

Banned
If it was, I'd own it. I was down to buy ANY RPG Vita had at launch and there was absolutely nothing. Shit, there still is nothing outside of PSP games and Disgaea.

NISA releases practically every Disgaea title here.

If they decide to skip Disgaea 4 Vita(my favorite Disgaea), I'll try my best to not buy a thing from them again. I'd be salty. :|

I played all three other ones (D1 has my favorite story; D3 favorite mechanics), but I haven't played Disgaea 4 and actually know next to nothing about it. Is it really that good? I guess I'll have to check it out.

I feel D1 is outdated(though the story was good), D2 was over dramatic, and I just wasn't a fan of D3. D4 had updated visuals, basically most of the mechanics from D3 and then some, and I loved half the cast(other half, not so much). I'm sure many think D1 is still the best, but D4 was the first Disgaea game I actually "beat" on consoles. That has to count for something, right?

When the hell is PS1 support finally hitting? I want to start loading those PS1 rpgs onto my Vita :mad: I'm also worried about New Little King's Story, when it'll finally hit. I think there was a discrepancy between the trailer and the press release though, one said Summer and the other said Fall of this year.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
When the hell is PS1 support finally hitting? I want to start loading those PS1 rpgs onto my Vita :mad: I'm also worried about New Little King's Story, when it'll finally hit. I think there was a discrepancy between the trailer and the press release though, one said Summer and the other said Fall of this year.
"Summer 2012"

Takao

Banned

December 31 2014

lepo

Does anyone knows who developed virtua tennis 4 for vita?

They did such a great job with it and I wonder if they are working on another vita project

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom