• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone knows who developed virtua tennis 4 for vita?

They did such a great job with it and I wonder if they are working on another vita project

Thank you
SUMO Digital. They're also porting the new Sega All-Stars Racing to Vita.

Their PSP ports (Virtua Tennis: World Tour, Outrun C2C, etc.) were amazing, so VT4 is just another in a long line of quality ports. I wish they were in charge of the PSO2 port, since they'd probably get it done in one month rather than the full year it's taking Sega Japan :-(

When the hell is PS1 support finally hitting? I want to start loading those PS1 rpgs onto my Vita :mad: I'm also worried about New Little King's Story, when it'll finally hit. I think there was a discrepancy between the trailer and the press release though, one said Summer and the other said Fall of this year.

September 21st, which is going to be a very busy day for all of the Playstation division.

SEGA AM3

Of course it's one of the worst selling Vita games...

Would have helped to actually have sent copies to stores, NOBODY in my area had a copy to sell.

Iacobellis

When the hell is PS1 support finally hitting? I want to start loading those PS1 rpgs onto my Vita :mad: I'm also worried about New Little King's Story, when it'll finally hit. I think there was a discrepancy between the trailer and the press release though, one said Summer and the other said Fall of this year.

Same day as the PS3 Super Slim.

RoylAsult

so we are getting 2 new games this weekend, foosball and puddles? i know foosball is 8 how much is puddles and is it worth it? i never even heard of this game before and its on the PS3 already lol

lepo

SUMO Digital. They're also porting the new Sega All-Stars Racing to Vita.

Their PSP ports (Virtua Tennis: World Tour, Outrun C2C, etc.) were amazing, so VT4 is just another in a long line of quality ports. I wish they were in charge of the PSO2 port, since they'd probably get it done in one month rather than the full year it's taking Sega Japan :-(

SEGA AM3

Of course it's one of the worst selling Vita games...

Is sumo digital part of AM3? I've assumed it was developed by sumo but I couldn't find anything about it on their website

Shame it didn't sell, hopefully with the psn sale and word of mouth it will do a bit better

SEGA ships what stores order. If stores don't order much VT4 Vita then SEGA won't ship much VT4 Vita.

Well then that is very perplexing, because as I said no stores got them and I think I have seen in stores even still.

Looks like I'm going to have to buy a couple extra copies of that game. I'm so excited for it, and that just made it all the more desirable.

I too am excited for that Sonic and All Stars Racing, it looks like a lot of fun and they are shooting for performance over other things.

Takao

Banned
Is sumo digital part of AM3? I've assumed it was developed by sumo but I couldn't find anything about it on their website

Shame it didn't sell, hopefully with the psn sale and word of mouth it will do a bit better

No, Sumo Digital is based in England. AM3 is part of SEGA Japan. AM3 did the original VT4 for PS3, Wii and 360. I assumed they did the Vita port, but evidently not.

September 21st, which is going to be a very busy day for all of the Playstation division.

Wait.. was this confirmed on the blog or w/e? I've been out of the loop for a few weeks so I wasn't sure. Sigh.

Sony: "HEY GUYS, IT'S COMING THIS SUMMER :)"
Fans: "YAY FINALLY!"
Sony: "We actually meant towards the end of September :3"
Fans: "That's... the end of summer......"

Wait.. was this confirmed on the blog or w/e? I've been out of the loop for a few weeks so I wasn't sure. Sigh.

Sony: "HEY GUYS, IT'S COMING THIS SUMMER :)"
Fans: "YAY FINALLY!"
Sony: "We actually meant towards the end of September :3"
Fans: "That's... the end of summer......"

thatsthejoke.jpeg

I ended up not having time to play any games on my Vita today due to various BBQs and surprise outings but...

When you all were talking about the screen and how it was absolutely amazing, I was waiting. I booted up the menus, installed all the updates, got a bunch of demos and games downloading and install and didn't see it. I wasn't that impressed.

Until I watched the trailer for The Hobbit with the Youtube app. Holy shit, this is beautiful.

I ended up not having time to play any games on my Vita today due to various BBQs and surprise outings but...

When you all were talking about the screen and how it was absolutely amazing, I was waiting. I booted up the menus, installed all the updates, got a bunch of demos and games downloading and install and didn't see it. I wasn't that impressed.

Until I watched the trailer for The Hobbit with the Youtube app. Holy shit, this is beautiful.

Wait till you watch netflix, assuming you have a subscription.

thatsthejoke.jpeg

Oh.... OH. I'm gonna go cry over my Vita and use my tears as a screen cleaner while I wait for Sony to finally stop neglecting it. I still don't understand why it takes MONTHS to localize those "park" games like treasure park and stuff. MONTHS. This is when they have next to nothing in the way of length or words. Also still don't understand why other games like Malicious took months to get here, and two years to hit Europe; Frobisher Says still isn't here either.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Virtua Tennis 4 is the only Vita game Amazon.com don't sell ( you can buy it from some third party sellers on Amazon but not directly from Amazon itself) There is definitely something wrong here.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Virtua Tennis 4 is the only Vita game Amazon.com don't sell ( you can buy it from some third party sellers on Amazon but not directly from Amazon itself) There is definitely something wrong here.
Yeah, I only ever saw it at the Sony store where I got it for $20 due to a tag error.

They sold it at launch, it's how I got my copy actually. However, it took a lot longer than a typical order to get to me.

Eusis

According to that NPD leak it didn't even sell 20k in North America. In Japan it has sold just shy of 60k.
I question if that matters here. Especially if they didn't factor in digital sales, though I guess that could mean at worst Disgaea 4 gets a PSN-exclusive release. Can't imagine them skipping that at any rate.

Yopis

Would have bought at launch but could not find a copy. Should have looked on amazon first. Think I will grab it after my crushing run of UC golden abyss.

I encourage everyone seek out VT4. (I assume you guys like having the physical copies.) I know I'm repeating myself in this thread, but that game blew me away.

matmanx1

According to that NPD leak it didn't even sell 20k in North America. In Japan it has sold just shy of 60k.

It was in Japan.

There's no way that NIS is unhappy about their D3 sales on the Vita. They've got 60k in Japan and another 20k each in Europe and NA (extrapolating EU sales based on a friend with a EU account and his in game stats) for a total of 100k physical copies of a game that probably cost very little to port. I'm nearly 100% certain that we'll be seeing D4 Vita based on the sales of D3. It's a no brainer at this point.

matmanx1

i still need to get back to Ragnarok - got to the third set of quests but, really? It's a poor man's Monster Hunter/PSO clone

I played coming off the back of 100%-ing MH3rdP though - so that probably put it into much sharper focus.

A poor man's MH clone is ok with me at this point considering I've played MH:FU as much as I care to and PSP2 is unavailable to me on my Vita. I will definitely take it and appreciate that XSEED is bringing it over.

And welcome back, DCharlie!

Soo... Just decided to stop playing Persona 3 after 30 hours. Man, that Tartarus tower sucks ass and it just never ends. The grind was unbearable. I loved the Social Links part of the game and actually cared for some of the stories there. I also loved the main story, but I found the pacing too slow (much because of Tardarus). Everything was pretty good about this game except the pacing and grinding. My question: Do you think I would enjoy Persona 4 Golden with these complaints in mind?

There's no way that NIS is unhappy about their D3 sales on the Vita. They've got 60k in Japan and another 20k each in Europe and NA (extrapolating EU sales based on a friend with a EU account and his in game stats) for a total of 100k physical copies of a game that probably cost very little to port. I'm nearly 100% certain that we'll be seeing D4 Vita based on the sales of D3. It's a no brainer at this point.

I think the DD titles for Vita will have really long tails as well when it comes to sales numbers. The system doesn't look like it will ever have a massive library, so Vita owners will most likely mine the back catalog for years to come. :)

branny

My question: Do you think I would enjoy Persona 4 Golden with these complaints in mind?
In P3, you're responsible for the pace at which you progress in Tartarus. In P4, the structure is different and a little more handhold-y: you'll be visiting multiple, smaller dungeons instead of one giant one. It's hard to say whether you'd appreciate this change or not because both games can still be a bit grindy. You're almost guaranteed to like everything else about P4 considering the rest of your thoughts on P3, though.

Have you played Nocturne?

Yopis

Soo... Just decided to stop playing Persona 3 after 30 hours. Man, that Tartarus tower sucks ass and it just never ends. The grind was unbearable. I loved the Social Links part of the game and actually cared for some of the stories there. I also loved the main story, but I found the pacing too slow (much because of Tardarus). Everything was pretty good about this game except the pacing and grinding. My question: Do you think I would enjoy Persona 4 Golden with these complaints in mind?

Grind in P4 is still tough but every dungeon is not the same. Much better game imo.

Oh.... OH. I'm gonna go cry over my Vita and use my tears as a screen cleaner while I wait for Sony to finally stop neglecting it. I still don't understand why it takes MONTHS to localize those "park" games like treasure park and stuff. MONTHS. This is when they have next to nothing in the way of length or words. Also still don't understand why other games like Malicious took months to get here, and two years to hit Europe; Frobisher Says still isn't here either.

I'm as furious, as can be - probably moreso, than others. Sony promised "soon" after launch, even Yoshida himself was reassuring. To me, "soon" is not 7 months-or-close to a year after launch. I bought Vita at launch, for the complete PS bundle of goods and services, which Sony touted - and the unique Vita experiences, which have been delayed and pushed back, trickling out slowly. Gravity Rush arrived 4 months late, Little Big Planet has no definitive date - but entered a beta....Resistance was well....

My biggest gripe to Sony: if you can't get your ass in gear and follow through on your timely pledge of PS1 Compatability, (AT LEAST) have all of the PSP games available/compatible (to buy) on the shitty PSN storefront, from the goddamn (but beautiful) device itself. When PS1 launches, it HAD BETTER have a huge available catalog, or Sony will get an angry earful from me.

If they were smart, they'd launch PS1/Vita games on Aug 19 vs. NSMB2/XL from Nintendo, but that'd mean implementing a strategy :/

Sorry for losing my shiz. Had to vent to my GAF :) feel better now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom