• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
Soo... Just decided to stop playing Persona 3 after 30 hours. Man, that Tartarus tower sucks ass and it just never ends. The grind was unbearable. I loved the Social Links part of the game and actually cared for some of the stories there. I also loved the main story, but I found the pacing too slow (much because of Tardarus). Everything was pretty good about this game except the pacing and grinding. My question: Do you think I would enjoy Persona 4 Golden with these complaints in mind?

P4 is superior in every way. Golden is also superior to 4 which i never thought an FES version would add in as much as Golden did. You will forget P3 exists just like the rest of the world. :p QUOTE ME TBH you will bow to P4

In P3, you're responsible for the pace at which you progress in Tartarus. In P4, the structure is different and a little more handhold-y: you'll be visiting multiple, smaller dungeons instead of one giant one. It's hard to say whether you'd appreciate this change or not because both games can still be a bit grindy. You're almost guaranteed to like everything else about P4 considering the rest of your thoughts on P3, though.

Have you played Nocturne?

I forgot to mention I know about the ending in Persona 4. Still worth it?

Nah, haven't played Nocturne. Is it good? I've heard good things.

Kyon

Banned
I forgot to mention I know about the ending in Persona 4. Still worth it?

the ending won't affect your experience with the game at all. You don't have to really worry about that till... the end tbh

Advice?

My Vita was working fine, turned out blue blinking PS button....put it on the cradle, orange light for a little bit (should have been fully charged), turned on vita and flipped the screen lock page. A little later, the Vita went into sleep mode and now I can't turn the screen. At all. I tried the power button. Tried the PS button. Tried holding them both down. Nothing.

?

SUMO Digital. They're also porting the new Sega All-Stars Racing to Vita.

Their PSP ports (Virtua Tennis: World Tour, Outrun C2C, etc.) were amazing, so VT4 is just another in a long line of quality ports. I wish they were in charge of the PSO2 port, since they'd probably get it done in one month rather than the full year it's taking Sega Japan :-(

Outrun C2C on PSP was straight up witchcraft! I love that game.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Advice?

My Vita was working fine, turned out blue blinking PS button....put it on the cradle, orange light for a little bit (should have been fully charged), turned on vita and flipped the screen lock page. A little later, the Vita went into sleep mode and now I can't turn the screen. At all. I tried the power button. Tried the PS button. Tried holding them both down. Nothing.

?

Did you try holding the power button down for 30 seconds?

Did you try holding the power button down for 30 seconds?

Apparently, I suck at counting. I took your advice and it fixed it. Rebooted to a debug type menu. the PS light was stuck on a constant blue. Odd, only other time Vita has had a similar issue/glitch, seemed to stem from operating while on the cradle....

Thanks for the fix! I was panicked, thought it was bricked/needed repairs :(

branny

I was asking because I wasn't exactly sure if you were simply used to more interesting dungeons. If you had played Nocturne, I'd understand that your pacing/grinding complaints would be stemming mainly from boredom or monotony. You haven't played it, though, so no worries. Since you asked, Nocturne is very good, but it's not for everyone. I think the dungeons in it are really well-designed, but they can also be very exhausting.

I agree with Kyon about your P4 situation, too: knowing the ending doesn't really take that much away from the journey getting there. After all, most of us eager to get our hands on P4G have already played P4 at least once. :)

kuroshiki

People should def check out persona 2 if they are fan of old school grind fest RPG.

No seriously, at first I was like 'my lord what the fuck is this mess?'

then after I got the hang of it, I think I enjoyed this a bit more than persona 3.

Sale is until 7/31, people!

The game however, really needs to turn down the encounter rate though.

Yuripaw

Banned
Soo... Just decided to stop playing Persona 3 after 30 hours. Man, that Tartarus tower sucks ass and it just never ends. The grind was unbearable. I loved the Social Links part of the game and actually cared for some of the stories there. I also loved the main story, but I found the pacing too slow (much because of Tardarus). Everything was pretty good about this game except the pacing and grinding. My question: Do you think I would enjoy Persona 4 Golden with these complaints in mind?

I always tell to this people who ask this kind of question. I don't like Persona 3 much at all, but I love Persona 4 , and it's one of my favorite games ever. Liking or disliking Persona 3 has no bearing on how you'll feel about Persona 4.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
yk1Cl.jpg

it look so beautiful. ;_;

I wish it was real.

When PSone emulator hit,We Go better release Re-Volt(PSX version) on the store.

What game is it?

Lucent

What game is it?

It's hard to tell by the screen shot, but it looks like Folklore. I'm base'n that off the 4 circles at the top right and the lines/strings that look like the character is pulling creatures.

EDIT: Yes it's Folklore. Looked closer at the guy's coat and the monsters in the circles.

EDIT 2:
People should def check out persona 2 if they are fan of old school grind fest RPG.

No seriously, at first I was like 'my lord what the fuck is this mess?'

then after I got the hang of it, I think I enjoyed this a bit more than persona 3.

Sale is until 7/31, people!

The game however, really needs to turn down the encounter rate though.

Yeah? Hmm...I kinda wanna get it before the sale ends just cuz it's half off now and I dunno when they'll have a sale again or drop the price.

Gaf, quick question: I have a 2nd account on my ps3, can I transfer games through to my Vita(has the main account), or does it have to go through my main account on the ps3?

Lucent

Gaf, quick question: I have a 2nd account on my ps3, can I transfer games through to my Vita(has the main account), or does it have to go through my main account on the ps3?

If I remember right, I think I tried transferring Japanese demos from my Japanese account on my PS3 while my Vita was on my US account and it said I couldn't move them without using the associated account.

EDIT: Beaten

That sucks, thanks for the quick replies. Have a US account and psp games are much cheaper on the us store. Paid 17 euros for Persona 2, is 15 dollaz in the us store, couldve saved 4 euros. :/

Lucent

That sucks, thanks for the quick replies. Have a US account and psp games are much cheaper on the us store. Paid 17 euros for Persona 2, is 15 dollaz in the us store, couldve saved 4 euros. :/

Yeah. I don't understand why we can't have more than one account like the PS3.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's hard to tell by the screen shot, but it looks like Folklore. I'm base'n that off the 4 circles at the top right and the lines/strings that look like the character is pulling creatures.

EDIT: Yes it's Folklore. Looked closer at the guy's coat and the monsters in the circles.

EDIT 2:

Yeah? Hmm...I kinda wanna get it before the sale ends just cuz it's half off now and I dunno when they'll have a sale again or drop the price.

Thanks ;)

The saddest thing is that it will likely never come out. The PS3/XBLA OutRun games were taken down because the Sega license with Ferrari expired (or something), so C2C is unlikely to be uploaded.

Yeah, I figured it had something to do with the Ferrari license. Licensing BS has been the eternal enemy of digital gaming for this last generation.

You can go wrong with hotshots if you only like single player.

HotShots has to be one the most punishing / frustrating games on the vita :p

Yes! This is true, it can be punishing but what adds to the frustration in my experience is the fact you have so many camera options and data about the lie of the ball, wind, etc. It just makes you feel like crap when the ball does something you didn't expect because you didn't take one of those things into account! But I still love it. Up to the Pro tourny and they haven't offered me Easy mode yet... XD

I'm sure my 60+ hours on Pangya PSP has something to do with that...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Since PSP is dead in the west what are the chances of getting Over Her Dead Body remake localization for Vita?(can someone please tweet Yoshida about it?)

What game is it?

Folklore ( go and buy it on PS3) I just wanted to see how it look on Vita so I downsized some screenshosts.

wouwie

If i buy a german version of a Vita game, will it be playable in english? Amazon.de has some amazing deals on Vita games from time to time and i don't mind the box being in German language, but what about the game? I'll soon find out i guess since i bought Virtua Tennis 4 for 22 euro from Amazon de.

Also, just started on Uncharted Golden Abyss. I'm on chapter 1. Visuals are impressive. Bend did a great job with the jungle environment.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Not sure,but unlike the PS3 (blu-ray discs) there is not enough space on Vita cards for them to put all language tracks so I doubt that German version have English in it.

wouwie

Not sure,but unlike the PS3 (blu-ray discs) there is not enough size in Vita cards for them to put all language tracks so I doubt that German version have English in it.

Yeah, i was thinking along the same lines. Less size probably means not including other languages. I guess i'll have to play Virtua Tennis 4 in german then and not order from Amazon de in the future.

oldmario

If i buy a german version of a Vita game, will it be playable in english? Amazon.de has some amazing deals on Vita games from time to time and i don't mind the box being in German language, but what about the game? I'll soon find out i guess since i bought Virtua Tennis 4 for 22 euro from Amazon de.

Also, just started on Uncharted Golden Abyss. I'm on chapter 1. Visuals are impressive. Bend did a great job with the jungle environment.

I think all SCE published games contain only the language the game was published in apart from the uk, someone on neogaf or another forum bought the Vita, 8GB, Resistance bundle and got stuck with a german version

Bittercup

If i buy a german version of a Vita game, will it be playable in english?
Unfortunately there is no universal answer to that.
The EU (no matter from Germany or other EU countries) version of Uncharted Golden Abyss has multiple languages (English, German, French etc), Gravity Rush is multilingual as well (only text).
I think so far most or even all EU Vita games are multilingual.
But you can't always count on that. With the smaller cards multiple languages are always the first thing dropped if the game wouldn't fit otherwise and not every developer likes to add multiple languages to their games and prefers to make different versions for each language or some cut english from the EU version and release a English-only Version for the UK and the other EU countries that don't get a translated version.
Always better to check first.
Virtua Tennis 4 should be playable in English.

spannicus

I really hope we get some good announcements for the Vita next month. It seems like Sony is doing a big re release of the Vita during this holiday season. There are at least 7 games coming out in October alone.

wouwie

Unfortunately there is no universal answer to that.
The EU (no matter from Germany or other EU countries) version of Uncharted Golden Abyss has multiple languages (English, German, French etc), Gravity Rush is multilingual as well (only text).
I think so far most or even all EU Vita games are multilingual.
But you can't always count on that. With the smaller cards multiple languages are always the first thing dropped if the game wouldn't fit otherwise and not every developer likes to add multiple languages to their games and prefers to make different versions for each language or some cut english from the EU version and release a English-only Version for the UK and the other EU countries that don't get a translated version.
Always better to check first.
Virtua Tennis 4 should be playable in English.

In that case, it's pity that websites like Amazon don't list the supported languages. For example, on Virtua Tennis 4 Amazon.de mentions under sprache: Deutsch, Deutsch, Deutsch, Deutsch.

It's too big a risk to order and end up not having english though. So i will restrict my purchases to uk shops in future. Amazon.de has some surprisingly cheap deals on Vita games at times though.

Thanks for the feedback.

zroid

Banned
I just unwrapped my vita, I want to have some friends, would you add me?

I've only got Mortal Kombat but I'm planning on buying like 5-10 games in the coming months so is there any vita games thread I should be reading?

Congrats! Go ahead and add me, if you like. PS ID is my name here.

I think there is an upcoming Vita games thread somewhere, but this thread is pretty much that too.

If you guys don't mind I will add you all as well. My PSN is same as here so look for the invite.

Edit: I am almost through Knights in the Nightmare and I will probably start playing Unit 13 if anyone wants a co op partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom