• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

elty

If you go to any window tint shop, they have film in different percentages, a piece of film to fit the vita screen wouldnt cost much at all, hell they might even give it to you free.

the higher the percentage rating is the amount of light transference so the lower the number the darker it is.

worth a shot.

You mean those car window tint shop? But wouldn't those tint not stick on a screen and/or block touch?

Cornbread78

All of you are talking specific RPGs dammit.... Just give me any turn based RPGs Sony.... please! Disgaea III is great and I'm sure Persona 4 VITA will be as well, but I want some classic RPGs for the thing.... Make it so please Sony.... Make it so....

Oh wait, probably not since SE will do nothing and after that there is........waiting...

mauaus

All of you are talking specific RPGs dammit.... Just give me any turn based RPGs Sony.... please! Disgaea III is great and I'm sure Persona 4 VITA will be as well, but I want some classic RPGs for the thing.... Make it so please Sony.... Make it so....

Oh wait, probably not since SE will do nothing and after that there is........waiting...

Buy some psp rpgs, there are some real gems out there, like TitS

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Isn't legend of heroes zero no kiseki evolution a turn based rpg?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4ALHqzvdnrc#!

I was asking about this in the previous thread. I actually didn't end up getting it (not because I didn't want it, but I just decided to save my money and make do), but most respondents claimed it's attractive and functional, although the build quality is cheap and it's way overpriced.

Really like it. Sure the materials used aren't super fancy or anything, but it looks elegant. I'll add that Vita looks even more attractive when holstered upon the dock. The Vita easily attaches, absolutely no fuss like the dock of an iPad cable/iPhone cable connector. The dock also doesn't slip around and stays put. It just makes sense. I have a screen protector on the touchpad and the touchscreen, I feel better about keeping the unit scratch/ding free, on a dock vs. sitting on a surface somewhere.

Although it say's announcement, the use of the word 'duty' in duty-bound makes me think it will just be the unveiling of BO:Declassified.

Intentional pun?

I thought this too, in fact I feel its the most likely scenario, really.

FireCloud

Why would Bethesda suddenly make a WRPG for Vita when they canned their PSP one, and have horrid performance on PS3?

You probably just violated some ancient grammatical rule by using "Bethesda" and "suddenly make" in the same sentence. Watch out for Karmatic repercussions. ;-)

Edit: Darn, looks like I did it too.

patsu

Even though I went through Disgaea 3 about 3 years ago and did a fair amount of post game content, I'll be damned if the Vita version isn't pulling me in even harder than the first time. Just feels so perfect on a handheld. Can always pick it up, grind a few maps, and put down (haha.. yeah right).

Due to hand cramping I went out and got the Nyko Power Grip and highly recommend it. Very comfortable and from what I can tell appears to double the Vita's battery life. The best accessory I've bought in a long time, and a steal for its price. I tried the PDP grip a few months back and didn't care for it (caused my hands to cramp in a different way and wasn't a fan of the trigger "dead zone"), but I've had zero issues with this one. Won't be sticking it in my pocket or most cases, but if you needed to it can be removed easy enough.

Ha ha, I love and hate my Nyko grip at the same time. It made my Vita too big, but I appreciate the battery life, grip comfort, and added weight. ^_^

I'm looking for ways to attach/sling it to my small laptop bag. The shape makes Vita look like a silly weapon, and impossible to stand upright.

OTOH, the ergonomic grip feels just right for playing long hours. It's very nice to be able to play the Vita at any reclined angle for 4-5 hours straight, and not worry one bit about the battery running out.

My only complain is the grip's USB port. It should allow me to copy files from and to a PC/Mac/PS3. I'm perfectly fine with leaving my Vita perpectually in the grip. Right now every time I want to backup, I have to take Vita out and hook it to the backup host directly.

Cudder

Played Virtua tennis last night and this morning and ended up playing for five hours combined. I'm liking this way more than Hot Shots.

patsu

Played Virtua tennis last night and this morning and ended up playing for five hours combined. I'm liking this way more than Hot Shots.

Glad people like VT4.

Although I own a PSP, I don't use it enough for gaming.

I play a hell lot more on Vita compared to all my past consoles.
Have tried a few genra I don't care for on Vita too.

Platformer: Mutant Blobs Attack, Rayman Origins --> Both are superb !

Sports: VT4, FIFA --> VT4 works surprisingly well. Still trying to get into FIFA

Horror: Corpse Party --> Bought it to try but I haven't started yet

Since the GBA I've found that long, grindy RPGs always tend to be better on handheld systems. It's reached a point now where I think I'd prefer all of them to be on either 3DS or Vita. And it's a large part of why I want PS1 compatibility so bad -- lacking a PSP, I need a way to play those PS1 RPGs!

Yes, I find that I don't hesitate to buy super long games on Vita anymore. Once I am confident that I can find time to play, I'm also more willing to try other stuff.

I made fun of my brother for instantly buying the nerf grip for his Vita, but after my son put a nice nick in mine, shortly purchased one myself.

I find the Vita to become pretty uncomfortable after a long session. I think the nerf does a great job at fixing this problem.

mauaus

I liked it so much im gunning for the platinum, i also bought Hot Shots, and i havent given it much love... Yet.

B.O.O.M

I think it will be gran Turismo

I also think the guys who made Escape Plan will show a new vita game. Wonder if Media Molecule is making a vita title

cyborg009

Banned
Oh definitely, I don't mind either way. My hope is they will make another new mascot for playstation OR as some suggested earlier (not sure if it was in this thread) a game like Sackboy adventure (3d adventure game)

LittlebigPlanet karting beta thread

I would rather see a Littlebig planet game that is 2D like Rayman origins

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Just got the official Vita Cradle.

so Vita can output audio from it's weird USB port too, I didn't know this before and that is actually pretty interesting.

Takao

Banned
Local stores didn't have Rayman so I didn't get it for $20 yet :( Now I have to go to FutureShop to get it and Lumines... Oh well.

Really hoping that vita heaven 2 is sooner rather than later -_- Knowing Sony they'll just have a small, behind closed doors event at TGS. Also, that hint from CVG is clearly for CoD, although it makes me sad, I do wish it was something else. A portable Bethesda RPG like Fallout would make me lose my mind, I wouldn't get any work done and my wife would probably leave me because all I'd do is play that on my Vita.

Curse you guys for reminding me that Suikoden 2 isn't on the PSN store :( I don't want to play my mint condition copy anymore, I want a digital copy on my Vita....

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Local stores didn't have Rayman so I didn't get it for $20 yet :( Now I have to go to FutureShop to get it and Lumines... Oh well.
Yeah, you're a bit late on that one. First time I've ever seen the Vita section so busy (it was me, two other guys and a FutureShop employee putting a copy aside for store pickup). Rayman was a great deal at 20.

Lumines' trade in value is 10$, if anyone cares. Offloaded that sucker.

cyborg009

Banned
At that point one has to question why SCEJ would even hold that event. TGS would be literally days away at that point, and Gamescom would be a close memory.

So the smaller titles won't be overshadow by the bigger ones like what they did before E3

I think SCEA should have gaming heaven as well

Virtua Tennis looks so amazing.

AyfyuPkCAAAKNcA.jpg:large

Aygk1yLCYAALJns.jpg:large

Can I play my vita when it gets here if I don't have a memory card?

Check on games with "Memory Card Required: No"

Probably depends, but i doubt it. Every title i've played makes you install some amount of data before it allowed me to play

All of the games install but not all of them need the memory card to do it, some of the games installs are just icon caches on system. Like Mortal Kombat or Virtua Tennis. If you restore the system those icons will disappear, but games that need the memory card, like Uncharted, won't.

Takao

Banned
Yeah, you're a bit late on that one. First time I've ever seen the Vita section so busy (it was me, two other guys and a FutureShop employee putting a copy aside for store pickup). Rayman was a great deal at 20.

Lumines' trade in value is 10$, if anyone cares. Offloaded that sucker.

According to their site the nearest FS to me has copies of both Lumines and Rayman. I'll stop by tomorrow.

Verelios

I've never seen a tennis game get so much love. Yes it looks great, but at the end of the day it's a tennis game.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that? It's like saying that FPS's are boring, because at the end of the day it's just one guy blowing off the head of another. Try it, and you just may like it.

Seems the only retail Vita game I own does not require a memory card (MK9) -- excellent -- that means I can put in a some time on it before the memory card/screen protector/case get here and figure out what condition my AWD unit is really in. I'm good with that, assuming I can still log in to PSN and upload trophies and stuff. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom