• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauaus

Your character is uploaded periodically when you return to the menu, so those users aren't online, their data was simply uploaded to the server. Another Gaffer played against my character and I was unaware of it.

how do i check who my character plays?

Cudder

Oh, and about Hot Shots, how come there are no Daily Tournies to enter? I go to the menu and it says something about having no tournaments to enter. Don't tell me they stopped doing them..

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Oh, and about Hot Shots, how come there are no Daily Tournies to enter? I go to the menu and it says something about having no tournaments to enter. Don't tell me they stopped doing them..

They are changing the tournament format and resetting the stats for 7/24. Sucks that I just hit the top 140.

how do i check who my character plays?

Maybe in the live area? I remember scrolling down and reading the event logs and it gives updates of the scores between online characters in World Tour. But I'm not sure if it will tell you about your own characters matches.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Maybe in the live area? I remember scrolling down and reading the event logs and it gives updates of the scores between online characters in World Tour. But I'm not sure if it will tell you about your own characters matches.
It doesn't. It seems like there's a decent chance of getting characters that your friends create (I received outunderthestars' character, but shut off my Vita before I could face him), but unless a friend of yours plays your character, you won't get a notification.

Unless my character just hasn't played anybody. :(

RpgN

I've been so obsessed with Motorstorm RC for the last couple of days, that it has taken focus away from Gravity Rush for a bit. Now I have to shave off 46 seconds to get one of the last gold trophies :/ This could possibly be my first platinum on the Vita.

BasilZero

I hope they make an announcement on Final Fantasy Type-0 to come out in the west in some form, whether its through PSN Vita or an actual physical release on the Vita.

Cudder

I've been so obsessed with Motorstorm RC for the last couple of days, that it has taken focus away from Gravity Rush for a bit. Now I have to shave off 46 seconds to get one of the last gold trophies :/ This could possibly be my first platinum on the Vita.

You could probably shave all that time off in drift races alone.

I am totally bored with my Vita right now. Sucks because I do not like sports games and RPG's. You guys are having all the fun.

You already have Virtua Tennis and Hot Shots?

brentech

Just went through that a day or two ago. I started doing all the long races and shaved some time off those. When I felt like I did all I could, I decided to just go back and do each race trying to shave .5sec or a second off, especially if I had a friend that was over a second or 2 faster than me, I really attacked those because you just know you can do it faster.

All in all, I found when I went back trying to shave .5 off it just took a little time and it came pretty easy.

Ok I've got a problem.

I've got a wifi-only Vita.

I've got no wifi here.

I've only got the Vita. I want to play a Sonic game. I want to buy Sega Megadrive / Genesis Collection for psp on my Vita.

I've got a pc. I've tried media go, and I've tried content manager. How do I do this?

You either make a wi-fi hotspot out of your PC or you get your PS3.

spannicus

You already have Virtua Tennis and Hot Shots?[/QUOTE]
Not really into sports games. 33 years old and never really enjoyed a single one.

I love RPGs and I'm getting more bored. I'd like access to PSOne classics soon.
Yeah I wish the Vita released with all the hooplah Sony said it was going to release with, especially all the good near launch games that have been pushed back until who knows when. Warriors Lair and Dragons Crown.
Have you heard of Mutant Blobs Attack?

Beat Mutant Bobs months ago. I wish Sony would drop the prices on some PSP games, install PS1 emulator so I can play RE3, but the way I hear the PS1 games are going to be periodically put onto the store, so who knows when RE3 will even be playable.

cyborg009

Banned
You already have Virtua Tennis and Hot Shots?
Not really into sports games. 33 years old and never really enjoyed a single one.

Yeah I wish the Vita released with all the hooplah Sony said it was going to release with, especially all the good near launch games that have been pushed back until who knows when. Warriors Lair and Dragons Crown.

Beat Mutant Bobs months ago. I wish Sony would drop the prices on some PSP games, install PS1 emulator so I can play RE3, but the way I hear the PS1 games are going to be periodically put onto the store, so who knows when RE3 will even be playable.[/QUOTE]

What games do you like?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

but you just said you don't like RPGs. ok I'm super confused with you here.

I wish Sony would drop the prices on some PSP games

Yup, they really need to cut the prices on many of the digital PSP games.

spannicus

:|

why did you get a handheld then? sport on the go and JRPG are like the best things about them.

I like RPG's like Diablo and the ones that were supposed to be coming out months ago, Silent Hill. I bought the Vita because Sony hyped the hell out of it and figured I could play all PS3 games anywhere.

spannicus

but you just said you don't like RPGs. ok I'm super confused with you here.

Yup, they really need to cut the prices on many of the digital PSP games.

Sorry for not clearing that up, I was referring to the turn based Rpg's and the ones that look as if you are standing on blocks in the middle of space lol. I was looking forward to Warriors Lair and Silent Hill. I purchased MHUN Freedom Unite for 20 bucks and had buyers remorse.

Arya Stark

Neo Member
Sorry for not clearing that up, I was referring to the turn based Rpg's and the ones that look as if you are standing on blocks in the middle of space lol. I was looking forward to Warriors Lair and Silent Hill. I purchased MHUN Freedom Unite for 20 bucks and had buyers remorse.

Did you buy MH thinking it was an RPG? It's not. It's also not very fun by yourself, but adhoc is really annoying to use.

spannicus

Did you buy MH thinking it was an RPG? It's not. It's also not very fun by yourself, but adhoc is really annoying to use.

I wanted to see what the big deal was about the game and figured it would provide hours of gameplay but, I just could not get into it. There are a bunch of games on my download list that are not on my Vita because i have an 8 gig, most are minis and PSP games like Patapon 2 and Locoroco, GOW GoS.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I bought the Vita because Sony hyped the hell out of it and figured I could play all PS3 games anywhere.

Sorry but I think you should blame yourself here,since Sony never ever said you can play all PS3 games on Vita.

I like RPG's like Diablo and the ones that were supposed to be coming out months ago, Silent Hill.

What "ones" that supposed to get released? Dragons Crown and Warriors Liar never got a relese date( and both were in development hell, one changed developer and the other changed publisher) Book Of Memories got delayed back in march iirc.

I purchased MHUN Freedom Unite for 20 bucks and had buyers remorse.

I think any amount of researching (or just asking for people opinion) in Gaf will tell you that Monster Hunter is not for everyone and it's a long grind fest.

I'd say sell your Vita before it's too late since there is possible price cut announcement in Gamescom, it is (or maybe all handhelds) clearly not for you.

cyborg009

Banned

You should have bought God Eater Burst rather then Monster and also try YS 7 its a ARPG not the old school JRPG ones

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
You should have bought God Eater Burst rather then Monster and also try YS 7 its a ARPG not the old school JRPG ones

I think many people go with/buy Monster Hunter ( even when Gods Eater is clearly superior in almost everything and actually good) just because it's the "big super franchise" that sells millions in Japan and people automatically thinks it's a pick and play for everyone like COD/Mario.

usctrojan

Might pick up VT after all the kudos on this thread. Still loving playing MG on the go, practicing my UMvC3 when I am not at home and eagerly waiting for cross Tekken!

spannicus

Sorry but I think you should blame yourself here,since Sony never ever said you can play all PS3 games on Vita.

What "ones" that supposed to get released? Dragons Crown and Warriors Liar never got a relese date( and both were in development hell, one changed developer and the other changed publisher) Book Of Memories got delayed back in march iirc.

I think any amount of researching (or just asking for people opinion) in Gaf will tell you that Monster Hunter is not for everyone and it's a long grind fest.

I'd say sell your Vita before it's too late since there is possible price cut announcement in Gamescom, it is (or maybe all handhelds) clearly not for you.

Oh it's for me alright but, you can not deny the fact that many were under the assumption that after watching KILLZONE 3 demoed on the Vita Remote play would be working when launched. Warriors Lair if I am not mistaken was supposed to be released near launch. I enjoy handhelds more than I do consoles and tha'ts why I am bored. Waiting for Puddle tomorrow. I love my Vita and I know that many are bored with theirs also, its nothing negative just a waiting game does not mean it's clearly not for me.

patsu

Oh it's for me alright but, you can not deny the fact that many were under the assumption that after watching KILLZONE 3 demoed on the Vita Remote play would be working when launched. Warriors Lair if I am not mistaken was supposed to be released near launch. I enjoy handhelds more than I do consoles and tha'ts why I am bored. Waiting for Puddle tomorrow.

RemotePlay on Vita side is already working. You should be able to play PSOne games via RemotePlay.

Now they need to work on the PS3 RemotePlay games. I think they did clarify that KZ3 RemotePlay was not a Vita title, just a demo.

From what I heard, the Warriors Lair developers bailed halfway, so Sony is taking over its development.

EDIT: BUT, I agree in some sense that Sony's convoluted marketing + messages tend to confuse people, including their own. 8^P

Glix

RemotePlay on Vita side is already working. You should be able to play PSOne games via RemotePlay.

Now they need to work on the PS3 RemotePlay games. I think they did clarify that KZ3 RemotePlay was not a Vita title, just a demo.

From what I heard, the Warriors Lair developers bailed halfway, so Sony is taking over its development.

EDIT: BUT, I agree in some sense that Sony's convoluated marketing + messages tend to confuse people, including their own. 8^P

They strongly implied that the remote play on Vita would be much improved and more games would be added to the compatibility list.

We have seen NOTHING of it, and they have said NOTHING of it. Remote play on the VITA side now is just PSP remote play. It BARELY works, even over a local connection. I couldn't even play peggle on it, 10 feet away from the PS3.

spannicus

I've used it for PixelJunk Shooter, it was good just lagged from time to time. Yeah the KZ3 thing had me. That's my fault for not doing my research.
So funny that he series Sold over 21 million

Also spannicus let this man sell you on YS 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGFrVdoq3WY
I've been looking at this game.

BosSin

Quick question for you guys. This thread might give me a skewed opinion, but should I play ff4 complete collection on vita or ff4 ds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom