• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
I've never seen a tennis game get so much love. Yes it looks great, but at the end of the day it's a tennis game.

I might have been more interested in it, but coming so soon off of Mario Tennis Open, I think I've had my fill of tennis games for a while.

finally opened the copy of Modnation I bought for $12 last month, selling it today. Terrible graphics, everything runs so damn slow, no online MP

I'll get back 7.50 from best buy so I only lost $4.50

Famassu

Any revival of an old classic Sony IP can be sweet,The problem is that they focus on few newer IPs (like GOW,GT,LBP,Uncharted) and milked them to hell and forgot about all the others. (Alundra,Ape Escape,Dark Cloud,,Colony Wars,G-Police,Arc the Lad,Drakan,Omega Boost,The Legend of Dragoon,Lemmings,MediEvil,Syphon Filter,Wild Arms..ect)

They didn't forget most of those, they just abandoned them because even though they made some good or even great games in those franchises within the last 5 or so years (Ape Escape 3, the first PS2 Arc the Lad, Syphon Filters on PSP, three or was it even four Wild Arms games on PS2), they sold like shit so there's no point in wasting MORE money on something that doesn't sell, especially not during this generation of bloated budgets.

They really should have a demo for VT4 in North America. I know one exists, because I played it on a Vita kiosk in a store before I got my system. I have a feeling it didn't sell at all, though that's not surprising - they released it and left it to whither and die on the vine.

I said it once I'll say it again - VT4 is better than Hot Shots Golf on the Vita and more people should play it.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
They really should have a demo for VT4 in North America. I know one exists, because I played it on a Vita kiosk in a store before I got my system. I have a feeling it didn't sell at all, though that's not surprising - they released it and left it to whither and die on the vine.

I said it once I'll say it again - VT4 is better than Hot Shots Golf on the Vita and more people should play it.

Humm, maybe I should check it out. I just traded in my physical copy of HSG when I saw the PS+ DD price. I don't want a bunch of cards to manage. Is VT on sale too?

Edit: VT4 is $19.59 on PSN for PS+ I think. Might have to bite.

mauaus

+++++++1

I just tried someone's console for the first time, and now I know for sure that the demo units in store are absolutely atrocious. The console is light and its grip is awesome. A sure purchase in october for me !

How much is VT4 without PSN+?

I want to say around $27, but don't quote me on that.

I just looked at it yesterday because I was trying to decide to split PSN + with my brother. I understand we both wouldn't benefit from the Vita side of it, but definitely would from the PS3 side of it

I still haven't picked up VT4 but I'm starting to feel like the time is approaching now that I've been done with Mario Tennis on 3DS for awhile. As soon as it hits $20 at retail I'm in. That hasn't happened yet, has it?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I still haven't picked up VT4 but I'm starting to feel like the time is approaching now that I've been done with Mario Tennis on 3DS for awhile. As soon as it hits $20 at retail I'm in. That hasn't happened yet, has it?
It's been around $40 forever, which is why I decided to jump on the sale, even though I was hoping for a retail copy.

C'mon Retro City Rampage.

This. Week. PLEASE.

Dude, this game needs to come out already. I am actually concerned that it is going to get buried in the September-November blitz of releases (not just Vita releases).

I mean we are still waiting on other digital games to get release dates like Snapshot, Guacamelee, Jet Set Radio, Oddworld (both of them), Squad Putty, and I am sure I am missing more.

BasilZero

I'm thinking about getting the Vita in a few months, though I do plan to upgrade my gfx card on my PC first, but when I do get my Vita, the two games I will surely get first will be Persona 4 The Golden (when it comes out) and Disgaea 3, more than likely I'll be getting a Vita sometime after P4G's release.

I'm thinking about getting the Vita in a few months, though I do plan to upgrade my gfx card on my PC first, but when I do get my Vita, the two games I will surely get first will be Persona 4 The Golden (when it comes out) and Disgaea 3, more than likely I'll be getting a Vita sometime after P4G's release.

Might as well get the AC3: Liberation bundle then, unless they drop the core unit's price to $199 or something and you don't care for AC.

BasilZero

Might as well get the AC3: Liberation bundle then, unless they drop the core unit's price to $199 or something and you don't care for AC.

Isnt that the White PSP though? I rather have the black one personally ;p

Also AC3 Liberation is a game I want to get eventually, but I have yet to play II, Revelations and brotherhood and will be playing AC3 beforehand as well. (Hopefully all on PC).

Takao

Banned
Virtua Tennis 4
so%2Bgood.gif

Takao

Banned
It's hard to say. Hot Shots is more arcadey, and I loved the fact there was a story mode where you can walk around and stuff. But Virtua Tennis is beautiful.

Tailzo

Ok I've got a problem.

I've got a wifi-only Vita.

I've got no wifi here.

I've only got the Vita. I want to play a Sonic game. I want to buy Sega Megadrive / Genesis Collection for psp on my Vita.

I've got a pc. I've tried media go, and I've tried content manager. How do I do this?

Cudder

I love how in the World Tour mode in VT4 you see random online players that you can challenge. How exactly does that work, are those players in the World Tour mode as well?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Sure,but Here is the problem for most people.

Console version is cheaper than the Vita version that got released 10 months later(Consoles version is now for $15 to 20, Vita is $40 still)

SEGA should've released it/or cut it to $20.

C'mon Retro City Rampage.

This. Week. PLEASE.

Blame Microsoft for that. :(

OmegaZero

Chapter 6 is just killing me here.
No matter how fast I complete it, I'm always thiiiiis close to obtaining Master Ninja rank.

Meh.

Sure,but Here is the problem for most people.

Console version is cheaper than the Vita version that got released 10 months later(Consoles version is now for $15 to 20, Vita is $40 still)

SEGA should've released it/or cut it to $20.
Absolutely. Sega handled this release very badly, though that may have to do with their current financial state, I dunno. But releasing VT4 at $40 was just an ignorant thing to do, regardless of their current state.

But yes, I agree.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I love how in the World Tour mode in VT4 you see random online players that you can challenge. How exactly does that work, are those players in the World Tour mode as well?
Your character is uploaded periodically when you return to the menu, so those users aren't online, their data was simply uploaded to the server. Another Gaffer played against my character and I was unaware of it.

Takao

Banned
Ok I've got a problem.

I've got a wifi-only Vita.

I've got no wifi here.

I've only got the Vita. I want to play a Sonic game. I want to buy Sega Megadrive / Genesis Collection for psp on my Vita.

I've got a pc. I've tried media go, and I've tried content manager. How do I do this?

Do you have a PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom