• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3DS XL seems to impress most of the people that try it. Sony needs to do something asap. Nintendo hit the panic button last year and since then things have gone better. It is time for sony to do the same.

zroid

Banned
Quick question for you guys. This thread might give me a skewed opinion, but should I play ff4 complete collection on vita or ff4 ds?

I prefer the DS version. Really, the games are very similar, just go with the art style you like better.

There is a certain charm to the simple 3D models and it's nice to see your characters' weapons reflected on them.

Wazzim

Banned
I think many people go with/buy Monster Hunter ( even when Gods Eater is clearly superior in almost everything and actually good) just because it's the "big super franchise" that sells millions in Japan and people automatically thinks it's a pick and play for everyone like COD/Mario.

OUvCO.gif

Takao

Banned
The 3DS XL seems to impress most of the people that try it. Sony needs to do something asap. Nintendo hit the panic button last year and since then things have gone better. It is time for sony to do the same.

Sony's incredibly complacent. They ain't gonna care about some jumbo sized 3DS.

cyborg009

Banned
I've used it for PixelJunk Shooter, it was good just lagged from time to time. Yeah the KZ3 thing had me. That's my fault for not doing my research.

I've been looking at this game.

I can also guarantee you that this game will be the best soundtrack you heard this generation.

Loudninja

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Update Enhances and Adds Multiplayer Modes

Invite friends to play in private tournaments
Whereas before you could only play in Real Mode tournaments that were open to all, now you can create private tournaments for you and up to seven friends, as well as private rooms in the online lobby space. Out on the course, you’ll be able to see your opponent’s ball after each shot, and between holes you can also use text chat to communicate with your friends, on the scorecard screen.
Stroke Mode (Head-to-Head)
Previously Ad-Hoc only. A head-to-head competition for two players, where the golfer with the best results at the end of a round wins. You’ll be able to chat with and heckle your opponent between holes.
Match Mode (Head-to-Head)
Previously Ad-Hoc only. This is also a head-to-head competition for two players, but this time it’s the first competitor to get to 3UP status during a round who wins. Once more, chat and heckling is possible between holes.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...l-update-enhances-and-adds-multiplayer-modes/

OmegaZero

I think many people go with/buy Monster Hunter ( even when Gods Eater is clearly superior in almost everything and actually good) just because it's the "big super franchise" that sells millions in Japan and people automatically thinks it's a pick and play for everyone like COD/Mario.

Wife me.

EDIT: YEEEEES. Master Ninja'd Chapter 6. Never need to fight motorcycles again!

patsu

They strongly implied that the remote play on Vita would be much improved and more games would be added to the compatibility list.

We have seen NOTHING of it, and they have said NOTHING of it. Remote play on the VITA side now is just PSP remote play. It BARELY works, even over a local connection. I couldn't even play peggle on it, 10 feet away from the PS3.

They did say something about Vita RemotePlay:

http://andriasang.com/comygo/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ico-god-of-war-1-and-2-shadow-of-the-colossus

The PlayMemories app, the Torne and Nasne DVR devices in Japan are also rated as RemotePlay compatible.

As for Vita RemotePlay vs PSP RemotePlay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx8STdtdBck

Remote Play

This appears to be with regards to a future feature, but Shimada said that the system's Remote Play will upconvert video to higher resolution. They're able to do this because the Vita supports a higher spec wireless LAN compared to PSP (802.11n or g as opposed to PSP's b). He noted, however, that the video encoding for remote play is done on the PS3 end, so it all depends on what they can do on the PS3.

Wakai added when using Remote Play on the PS3's XMB or the Torne DVR player, you'll get the experience in high resolution.

EDIT:
While we are at it...
http://andriasang.com/comz64/vita_remote_play/

... and this may or may not be related:
http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/02/sony-buys-gaikai/

:|

why did you get a handheld then? sport on the go and JRPG are like the best things about them.

Incorrect, at least from where I'm sitting.

Fighters (and shmups, and maybe platformers) on the go would be the best things about a portable. ;)

And that's why I chose the Vita to buy first -- UMvC3/MK9/Blazblue/SFxT -- yes please! 8)

So funny that he series Sold over 21 million

Also spannicus let this man sell you on YS 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGFrVdoq3WY

Damn, that looks great -- how much is it retailing for on PSN?

Glix

They did say something about Vita RemotePlay:

http://andriasang.com/comygo/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ico-god-of-war-1-and-2-shadow-of-the-colossus

The PlayMemories app, the Torne and Nasne DVR device in Japan are also rated as RemotePlay compatible.

As for Vita RemotePlay vs PSP RemotePlay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx8STdtdBck

EDIT:
While we are at it...
http://andriasang.com/comz64/vita_remote_play/

... and this may or may not be related:
http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/02/sony-buys-gaikai/

Thank you for the link where they talked about the remote play plans. I had not seen that.

Although with the way things have been going, I'm certainly not holding my breath.

They expire when the store is updated tomorrow. The update can happen anywhere between 3-9PM EDT.

I thought I had at least another week to decide if I wanted either, but I guess not. ;_; Thanks Takao.

Fighters (and shmups, and maybe platformers) on the go would be the best things about a portable. ;)

And that's why I chose the Vita to buy first -- UMvC3/MK9/Blazblue/SFxT -- yes please! 8)
Shmups on the go? No way, my Vita would be broken within days due to frustration.

But fighters on this are great!

I thought I had at least another week to decide if I wanted either, but I guess not. ;_; Thanks Takao.

Shmups on the go? No way, my Vita would be broken within days due to frustration.

But fighters on this are great!

My only worry on the Vita is 6-button fighters like SFxT -- thought I might cave and buy it outright just to get the characters free on PS3.

I think Super Stardust and maybe Sine Mora are going to be awesome as far as shmups go.. not sure what would cause me to throw my Vita -- maybe a souls game?

Sol1dus

So if I'm going to get rid of my copy of Uncharted, but I know I might buy it again down the line, can I just leave the bubble on my vita? Will my save by ok when I get the new cartridge?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Not really into sports games. 33 years old and never really enjoyed a single one.

Not into sports games myself, but I LOVED Virtua Tennis on DC and Xbox 360. (And Sega's Superstar Tennis) Sega's arcadey gameplay makes it seem more like any other game, you don't bave to be a tennis or sports fan to enjoy the fast action and drama of the game.

Plus the mini-games all feel like seperate, fun experiences, rather than just "more tennis".

If you know the series is not for you, then cool, but don't be caught thinking it's just a sports game.

I like Hot Shots too, mostly because of it's lively, very Japanese style. Even LOSING is happy!

Yeah I wish the Vita released with all the hooplah Sony said it was going to release with, especially all the good near launch games that have been pushed back until who knows when. Warriors Lair and Dragons Crown.

Yeah, Dragons Crown is a big deal for me, as well. I have no PS3 yet, so this is a way I'm gonna play a lot of PS3-favoring series.

Warriors Lair doesn't look THAT different from Dungeon Hunter Alliance, have you tried it? Unlike VT, at least it has a demo....

Beat Mutant Bobs months ago. I wish Sony would drop the prices on some PSP games, install PS1 emulator so I can play RE3, but the way I hear the PS1 games are going to be periodically put onto the store, so who knows when RE3 will even be playable.

Since I had a PSP, every Digital PSP purchase for me also lets my brother join me in multiplayer with their purchases. Makes the PSP games really cheap in that respect, 5 or 10 dollars for 2 player anywhere on GEB, Kenka Bancho, Cladun, etc, are all nice bonuses. And we can compete for scores on minis (wish they had true multiplayer...)

---

Quick Question: Anyone have any opinion on the SNK Arcade collection for PSP? It's fairly expensive, and I know PSP pad + fighters will limit some co-op play titles on that, but how does it feel for Vita? Vita D-pad make the fighters worth playing? I heard Shock Troopers has some lag, but actually lags less than the PS2 one? (I have the PS2 version, which I enjoy). 16 games for the price still isn't too bad, and I doubt they'd go on sale soon? (Though I'd be happy if they did...)

Sol1dus

Quick Question: Anyone have any opinion on the SNK Arcade collection for PSP? It's fairly expensive, and I know PSP pad + fighters will limit some co-op play titles on that, but how does it feel for Vita? Vita D-pad make the fighters worth playing? I heard Shock Troopers has some lag, but actually lags less than the PS2 one? (I have the PS2 version, which I enjoy). 16 games for the price still isn't too bad, and I doubt they'd go on sale soon? (Though I'd be happy if they did...)

I got the stand-alone Shock Troopers to play on Vita, I didn't experience any lag?

cyborg009

Banned

Damn, that looks great -- how much is it retailing for on PSN?

$14.99

I dont know Rayman Origins had a cool Soundtrack lol.

The Music plays while your in desert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNEcBbzX2m4 (probably the best)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oenpsp8VAwE (Plays after you leave the town)

My only worry on the Vita is 6-button fighters like SFxT -- thought I might cave and buy it outright just to get the characters free on PS3.

I think Super Stardust and maybe Sine Mora are going to be awesome as far as shmups go.. not sure what would cause me to throw my Vita -- maybe a souls game?

If you're getting it partially for the characters, it's a great deal since it also comes with the first set of costumes, correct? That's, like, $35 right there. But I see where you're coming from, when playing SFA3, I'm having a bit of trouble hitting the left trigger because my hands are fairly small and the position just... isn't natural, I feel I have to crane my index finger to do a heavy punch.

I wouldn't throw it, I'd probably just forcefully smack it, thus causing my Vita and I to start going to marriage counseling and possibly get a divorce.

zroid

Banned
Rayman Origins is growing on me. I don't think it reaches the godly heights of DKCR, but it's a solid platformer with gorgeous art. I'm still not a big fan of the character designs though.

Also: the touch screen stuff makes me want to throw the Vita at the wall

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Rayman Origins is growing on me. I don't think it reaches the godly heights of DKCR, but it's a solid platformer with gorgeous art. I'm still not a big fan of the character designs though.

The touch screen stuff makes me want to throw the Vita at the wall

Rayman Origin is the 2D platformer of the generation, Donkey Kong Country Returns is just another random overhyped Wii game that got overhyped to the moon just because it was made by an overrated developer who made an FPS series which the first game of it was really good but the other two were not so much.

zroid

Banned
Rayman Origin is the 2D platformer of the generation, Donkey Kong Country Returns is just another random overhyped Wii game that got overhyped to the moon just because it was made by an overrated developer who made an FPS series which the first game was amazing but the other two were not so much.

You are crazy, sir.

AwRy108

Also: the touch screen stuff makes me want to throw the Vita at the wall

Game has totally grown on me, too; and I think I lot of it has to do with the Vita's flawless d-pad.

I just started the second half of the game and, to be quite honest, the game is now on equal footing with DKCR in terms of epic gameplay. Keep at it, man--you'll only continue to fall further in love with.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I got the stand-alone Shock Troopers to play on Vita, I didn't experience any lag?

It's by a different studio, who'se really solid at emulation. I'm so torn on the SNK Minis. I just wish they had multiplayer! :/ Otherwise, I'd be an instant fan, and probably own most of them...

Thanks though! I bet it looks great on Vita:)

Puddle tomorrow oh yeah.

I saw the info before the edit, lol.

Yeah, Dungeon Hunters might not be worth 40, but I think it'd be fun if you can find it cheaper / on sale. I just tried the demo, though, and didn't felt it felt nearly as cheap as I'd expected it to.

AwRy108

Donkey Kong Country Returns is just another random overhyped Wii game that got overhyped to the moon just because it was made by an overrated developer who made an FPS series which the first game of it was really good but the other two were not so much.

You're either doing something incredibly wrong OR you're blinded by fanboy-ism. Either way, I actually feel sorry for you.

DR2K

Banned
I want Rayman Origins, but I see no reason for the Vita version to be more expensive than the console ones.

spannicus

Fall in Japan but I am 85% sure Sea of Trees will come over too

Also make sure to try out God eater Burst, way more friendly and open to any gamer.

Saw a few vids on God eater and I was checking on the sequel but only found a few screenshots. I think its coming to PSP. I may check God Eater out when I get paid if I can put Sound Shapes down.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I want Rayman Origins, but I see no reason for the Vita version to be more expensive than the console ones.

Yup,same thing can be said about VT4 ($40 on Vita, 15 to $20 on consoles),there is a real pricing issue with Vita software.

Saw a few vids on God eater and I was checking on the sequel but only found a few screenshots. I think its coming to PSP. I may check God Eater out when I get paid if I can put Sound Shapes down.

GE2 disappeared for some unknown reasons, it's not cancelled but Bamco showed absolutely nothing from it in ages now.

so I feel it left the PSP somehow(maybe going 3DS since MH fans are on there now??) I dunno.

cyborg009

Banned

God eater came out in Japan only then it got re-released and called God eater burst which came over to NA. God Eater 2 has been announce as well which was probably the screen you were looking at.

Nice, thanks -- maybe a little rich for my blood at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind. And yes, most of Rayman's music was excellent.

If you're getting it partially for the characters, it's a great deal since it also comes with the first set of costumes, correct? That's, like, $35 right there. But I see where you're coming from, when playing SFA3, I'm having a bit of trouble hitting the left trigger because my hands are fairly small and the position just... isn't natural, I feel I have to crane my index finger to do a heavy punch.

I wouldn't throw it, I'd probably just forcefully smack it, thus causing my Vita and I to start going to marriage counseling and possibly get a divorce.

Unfortunately, I already bought all the alt costumes from pack 1, but not for the new characters possibly... but still, if I pay $20 for the DLC, I'd rather pay an extra $20 and have a portable copy on my Vita. My major problem with this approach though is that the new characters come out in a week, but the Vita version doesn't release until October. :\

And I've always been terrible on non 6-button controllers for 6-button games, like SFII on the SNES. I always mapped MP/MK to the shoulder buttons and then never used them. LOL That's not quite an option in fighters anymore though.

spannicus

God eater came out in Japan only then it got re-released and called God eater burst which came over to NA. God Eater 2 has been announce as well which was probably the screen you were looking at.

I was actually thinking about importing Lord of Apocalypse, which I hear is Lord of Arcania with updated graphics. I might try the new DJ Maxx game.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm seeing a lot of MHFU discussion. I find that I really like the game. I also really hate it.

There are days when it seems so perfectly constructed, and then there are other days where it's kicking my ass and I rage at it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I'm not really liking this F2P (and pay for the good stuff) concept of MotorStorm RC, hope Sony don't try it with other titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom