• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuripaw

Banned
I've been trying to make up my mind on what game I should get off of PSN for my Vita. I really want to get the Persona games since they're on sale this month, but I'm pretty much limited to only one right now.

I know most people would say get P3P, but I actually have played it on PS2 before. Even though I love Persona 4, I'm not a big fan of Persona 3. I did play some of Persona 1 on PSP before, and I actually kinda liked it. Not the best gameplay, but I was interested in it. I just never got a chance to finish it. Not sure if getting Persona 2 would just be a better choice, cuz I hear it's good. I just never played it before myself.

I also really want Hot Shots Golf world invitational since it's on sale, but that might be a little easier to find a physical copy for cheaper in the future. I just like the idea of getting it digitally, because I usually only can bring one physical game with me.

Another Atlus game that has caught my eye that's on sale right now is that Crimson Gem Saga. I looked it up on youtube, and it looked cool, but I honestly don't much about it either. If I got Persona 1, I was thinking about picking that one up too.

I only got about $18 on PSN to spend, so that's why I'm limited to only a few titles. Any suggestions?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm not really liking this F2P (and pay for the good stuff) concept of MotorStorm RC, hope Sony don't try it with other titles.

I didn't pay a cent for the game and I was able to play it just fine? It's not really F2P anyway, it's only free in the US cause of the sponsorship.

BasilZero

I've been trying to make up my mind on what game I should get off of PSN for my Vita. I really want to get the Persona games since they're on sale this month, but I'm pretty much limited to only one right now.

I know most people would say get P3P, but I actually have played it on PS2 before. Even though I love Persona 4, I'm not a big fan of Persona 3. I did play some of Persona 1 on PSP before, and I actually kinda liked it. Not the best gameplay, but I was interested in it. I just never got a chance to finish it. Not sure if getting Persona 2 would just be a better choice, cuz I hear it's good. I just never played it before myself.

I also really want Hot Shots Golf world invitational since it's on sale, but that might be a little easier to find a physical copy for cheaper in the future. I just like the idea of getting it digitally, because I usually only can bring one physical game with me.

Another Atlus game that has caught my eye that's on sale right now is that Crimson Gem Saga. I looked it up on youtube, and it looked cool, but I honestly don't much about it either. If I got Persona 1, I was thinking about picking that one up too.

I only got about $18 on PSN to spend, so that's why I'm limited to only a few titles. Any suggestions?

If you played Persona 3 Portable, I would suggest focusing on Persona 2 Innocent Sin simply because there isnt/wasnt a English PSX version for it while Persona 1 is also available for PS1. Regardless, get both games whenever you can. I also suggest if you can if you have a PS3, get Persona 3 FES, I think its available for PSN on the PS3.

AwRy108

Crimson Gem Saga requires large amounts of grinding with minimal rewards other than being able to progress. Also, the battles are mundane and get extremely tedious even before the grinding requirement sets in.

So many better options on the PSN store, including Lunar and the Ys games.

Yuripaw

Banned
Crimson Gem Saga requires large amounts of grinding with minimal rewards other than being able to progress. Also, the battles are mundane and get extremely tedious even before the grinding requirement sets in.

So many better options on the PSN store, including Lunar and the Ys games.

ok, thanks for the heads up. Helped me not make a mistake by getting that one then. I really do want the Ys games I don't have on there. I got I & II collection, but not Oath, or Ys 7 yet. I'm not rushing to get them at the moment, because they're not on sale like the Persona games are.

AwRy108

ok, thanks for the heads up. Helped me not make a mistake by getting that one then. I really do want the Ys games I don't have on there. I got I & II collection, but not Oath, or Ys 7 yet. I'm not rushing to get them at the moment, because they're not on sale like the Persona games are.

No interest in Lunar? IMHO, it's one of the best JRPG's on the PSP.

elty

Just wondering, is the PSP/ PSP GO much dimmer at minimum brightness compared to the Vita?

I can't stand the brightness on the Vita, but perhaps a used PSP can give me the JRPG fix.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Just wondering, is the PSP/ PSP GO much dimmer at minimum brightness compared to the Vita?

I can't stand the brightness on the Vita, but perhaps a used PSP can give me the JRPG fix.
The PSP 3000's maximum brightness is lower than the Vita's, and it can be turned down much lower.

CmdrWyrm

Neo Member
Well I used to be able too...but after the newest patch (few days ago) I tried to play at lunch while at work and it didn't let me....wtf

Try hitting cancel when "Please Wait..." shows up, then hit OK when it asks if it's ok that some features are unavailable. I'm on the latest patch and that worked for me.

Also, apologies if you have already tried this.

Eusis

I don't want to get Lunar 1 without Lunar 2 as an option. I wish they had put both out on PSP.
Did you play them originally? Because Lunar 2 is FAR from required to enjoy Lunar 1. It'd be just as foolish to abstain from Persona 3 because you couldn't get Persona 4 on the PSP.

ZeroAKA

I finally caved and bought VT4 after seeing so many glowing comments about the game here. I want to see some custom characters in my games, but I don't have any friends who own the game. My PSN ID is AbstractChaos, so feel free to add me. :)

Sol1dus

Crimsom Gem is an amazing title, loving it so far. Though I'm only about 3 or 4 hours in.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
This thread got really uncomfortable really fast. The giant, ever-watching eyes coupled with that post are going to make it hard for me to sleep tonight.

I finally caved and bought VT4 after seeing so many glowing comments about the game here. I want to see some custom characters in my games, but I don't have any friends who own the game. My PSN ID is AbstractChaos.
Adding you. I'm domify.

I was talking to lunch and I made a hilarious joke!
It was such a hilarious joke that nobody even got it. :(

Yuripaw

Banned
Did you play them originally? Because Lunar 2 is FAR from required to enjoy Lunar 1. It'd be just as foolish to abstain from Persona 3 because you couldn't get Persona 4 on the PSP.

I'd abstain from Persona 3 because I think it sucks, lol.

I just don't want to get into Lunar 1, and enjoy it, then not have a way to play Lunar 2 without spending ridiculous amounts of money to get a copy of it somehow.

I finally caved and bought VT4 after seeing so many glowing comments about the game here. I want to see some custom characters in my games, but I don't have any friends who own the game. My PSN ID is AbstractChaos, so feel free to add me. :)

I will add you too! I have been neglecting VT4 lately because of Hot Shots. So addicting, and my caddy Marta is so freakin' cute!

"It's uphill! A sliiiice?" =3

This should really be the thread's subtitle.

I've bought a surprising number of Sega games in the past year or so.

:O

lol took me a while to get it :p and yeah i've tried canceling and even turned off all connectivity and I still get the message that I need to be logged into psn to play it.

Cloudy

Banned
Just had an EPIC exhibition match vs. Andy Murray in VT4. This game is really fun but there seem to be very few unforced errors on the normal difficulty. Great gameplay and graphics though.

If Madden vita looks and plays anywhere as nice as this, it's on!

OmegaZero

Who thought it was a good idea to have rocket soldiers shoot the ground at your feet just as you are about to land from a jump/attack?

Graaaaaaaaah at this Ninja Gaiden trial.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
so... when is JSR even supposed to come out? I don't think they ever gave a release date lol

It's very similiar to the Guardian Heroes release last year on 360; Will probably be fairly soon after SOA time, as it'll then be able to release simultaneously across multiple platforms.

I'd assume the flood gates for Sega releases will probably open around that time, so we'll probably see things like Nights, Toejam and Earl collection, JSR, and Sonic Adventure 2 releasing in a tight time frame.

Nothing about Vita releases makes me think it'll be released at the same time as the Home Console versions, though, lol. Of course that'd be great if it is, but I'm keeping that possibility in mind.

I was thinking of picking this up tonight. $7.49 screams a deal for this.

I thought it was a solid game, as long as you don't mind grinding. I enjoyed the challenge of getting owned by mobs and being forced "back to the drawing board" to grind. Reminds me of old school console JRPGs. Of course, this isn't for everyone.

Thanks guys you are the best
Do you plan on getting Hot Shots? We need to engage in some multiplayer...action.

slider_hugz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom