• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
Do you plan on getting Hot Shots? We need to engage in some multiplayer...action.

slider_hugz.gif

How much is it?

They expire when the store is updated tomorrow. The update can happen anywhere between 3-9PM EDT.
Crap, the sale ends this week? Alright VitaGAF, I caved and downloaded Virtua Tennis 4 - thanks to all the praise in this thread. I barely have any Vita friends on my PSN list though, so if anyone wants to add me I'm oliemoon. Hoping it lives up to the high expectations you've all set! I don't normally like sports games, but I'm a fan of Hots Shots stuff so I'll give this a go as well.

Thanks ! I was scratching my head when the new gal didn't get any while Avan got all the Arms X. >8^/
The way those post-battle credits were doled out made no sense to me at all. Most of my units never advanced beyond the first upgrade cause I had no idea how to get them there, haha. At least it's not difficult to beat the game with less powerful classes.

Maybe I missed this discussion, but the official art work is up for the Madden bundle is up on Amazon. No memory card in the bundle confirmed.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0JZTW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Looks like no memory card in the Assassin's Creed bundle either.

We had a thread about that a while ago:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=478728

I think there will be a memory card with it but for some reason it's not saying. If there is indeed no memory card then that's pretty shitty. :/

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Damn. SCEA is just so fucking stupid. You're supposed to give consumers reasons to purchase your product, not give them more reasons to ignore it. Morans

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
To what are you referring?

The Madden and Assassin's Creed Vita bundles originally were going to have a 4GB stick included (announced at E3 conference). Now they've gone and taken it out. Those buying the bundles are gonna be surprised when they can't even play their Vita's without an additional purchase.

Also, SCEA's mismanagement of the Vita thus far has been ridiculous.

Ponn

Banned
The Madden and Assassin's Creed Vita bundles originally were going to have a 4GB stick included (announced at E3 conference). Now they've gone and taken it out. Those buying the bundles are gonna be surprised when they can't even play their Vita's without an additional purchase.

They are giving people a free game, stop raging.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
They are giving people a free game, stop raging.

Still kinda sucks - buying such kind of bundle just to be reminded at home that you still have to buy a memory card. They should just include a cheap one with every Vita.

Yuripaw

Banned

Yeah, I guess I'd have to agree with that. I'm fine with them charging the high prices for the memory cards, because it's probably where they figure they'll make most profit. However it is really shitty that they announce a 4gb card comes with the bundles, then secretly take them out.

It's not just SCEA that has a problem though, because the library for the Vita is hurting for new releases even in Japan. I am still so perplexed at the lack of titles announced for the system at this year's E3. Sony focused way too much on the PS3, when they need just released a new piece of hardware.

They had a fair launch line up, and I'm excited about getting my Persona 4 Golden fix later this year, but when I'm at work and a customer is asking me what's new for the Vita, I honestly don't know what the hell to tell them unless they might like Persona. Anything else upcoming can be bought on another console. Sure, huge assassin's creed fans might want it for that new game, but I don't know if it's a system seller just yet. Kind of a bad idea to put it out the same day as the main game because most people will be more interested in that.

demigod

What's fucked up is, both of those bundles says there will be a 4gb in the product details but not at the info down below at gamestop.com. Still though, $249 for a Vita and game is pretty damn good. I wonder what's going to happen with the non bundles.

Ponn

Banned
Still kinda sucks - buying such kind of bundle just to be reminded at home that you still have to buy a memory card. They should just include a cheap one with every Vita.

Would suck more if they went traditionally and added a small mem card and then charged more for the bundle. Look at PSP bundle history, they always charged more and included dinky 2gb sticks. Sorry but I think its cool of them to have a bundle with 2 free games that people are going to be really interested in for the Vita.

Would suck more if they went traditionally and added a small mem card and then charged more for the bundle. Look at PSP bundle history, they always charged more and included dinky 2gb sticks. Sorry but I think its cool of them to have a bundle with 2 free games that people are going to be really interested in for the Vita.

Shouldn't call it a bundle then. Bundle implies ready to play with everything you need out of the box. And be straight, it's only one free game, you have to choose your "bundle."

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

True, but you also have to realize that Vita right now isnt selling too hot. So Sony needs to react, its not like they are offering these bundles because there are so nice, pretty much the whole industry is expecting a price drop in the upcoming months. I think a affordable game + memory card bundle would be the right choice to keep the price at its current point.

patsu

Crap, the sale ends this week? Alright VitaGAF, I caved and downloaded Virtua Tennis 4 - thanks to all the praise in this thread. I barely have any Vita friends on my PSN list though, so if anyone wants to add me I'm oliemoon. Hoping it lives up to the high expectations you've all set! I don't normally like sports games, but I'm a fan of Hots Shots stuff so I'll give this a go as well.

The way those post-battle credits were doled out made no sense to me at all. Most of my units never advanced beyond the first upgrade cause I had no idea how to get them there, haha. At least it's not difficult to beat the game with less powerful classes.

I barely scrapped by in one level, prompting me to groom more advanced classes.

Snowballo

I'd like to play Valkyria Chronicles II on Ps Vita.

Valkyria_Chronicles_II.jpg

A few questions:

1. Does it worth? I've never played it.
2. Will I appreciate the oled screen of Vita compared to PSP?
3. How much is the game on the store (possibily european)?
4. I know I cannot download it directly using PS Vita, but I have to purchase it on PS3 and then transfer it. Is there a tutorial?

Thanks for help.

Ponn

Banned

A few questions:

4. I know I cannot download it directly using PS Vita, but I have to purchase it on PS3 and then transfer it. Is there a tutorial?

Thanks for help.

Welcome to the fight cadet! Pick up your gun and animu cliche to the left!

1) Have you played the first? If not you may not be as jaded as most when it came out. It is a great game as far as gameplay mechanics, long lasting and more customization. Ignore the story and you may just love it.

2) Yes, it looks really good on Vita compared to PSP. My only hangup is I wish the right analog would map and it would be perfect then.

3) Don't know about European, they had a really good bundle price with the DLC included in US awhile back. I would try to stay around $20 for it.

4) correct. And yes there is a tutorial.

patsu

A few questions:

Thanks for help.

The story is poorly done. I skipped all the dialogues, and I do mean all of them. So I know nothing about the story. 8^P

I play it for the levels. So far (I'm only in Chapter 5 or so), there are 2-3 interesting ones. Most are easy unless you want to A- or B- rank all of them.

I use as many characters and upgrades as possible (I think I have about 30 characters now). Each character has his/her own side quests and stories. I complete them as they fan out.

IMHO, VC1 is more well done. VC2 changes the formula slightly. There are more mechanics but the core gameplay remain intact.

A few questions:

Thanks for help.

Have you played VC1 on PS3 ?

If yes - go and buy VC2 you won't regret it
If no - go and play VC1 on PS3 first.

Snowballo

Welcome to the fight cadet! Pick up your gun and animu cliche to the left!

1) Have you played the first? If not you may not be as jaded as most when it came out. It is a great game as far as gameplay mechanics, long lasting and more customization. Ignore the story and you may just love it.

2) Yes, it looks really good on Vita compared to PSP. My only hangup is I wish the right analog would map and it would be perfect then.

3) Don't know about European, they had a really good bundle price with the DLC included in US awhile back. I would try to stay around $20 for it.

4) correct. And yes there is a tutorial.

Thanks for answers, sir.
1. I have it on PS3 but never played it. Just a few minutes. I like the art direction.

2. I've the game on PSP (UMD) but I'd like to bring that game with me during holidays. I know there are many good games on Ps Vita but I'm tempted by this one. So you're saying that the right analog is not mapped? :(

3/4. Anyway I have to purchase it using PS3 and then moving the file from PS3 to PS Vita, right? Can I buy it on PS3 and then find it on PS Vita (on the store) in the "previous purchased stuff list"?

Thanks again.

Ponn

Banned
Thanks for answers, sir.
1. I have it on PS3 but never played it. Just a few minutes. I like the art direction.

2. I've the game on PSP (UMD) but I'd like to bring that game with me during holidays. I know there are many good games on Ps Vita but I'm tempted by this one. So you're saying that the right analog is not mapped? :(

3/4. Anyway I have to purchase it using PS3 and then moving the file from PS3 to PS Vita, right? Can I buy it on PS3 and then find it on PS Vita (on the store) in the "previous purchased stuff list"?

Thanks again.

Yea, right stick just emulates left stick. It's not a deal breaker because they actually did a good job porting the VC1 mechanics to PSP, just a little disappointing.

No cannot download from download list, at least last time I checked. Have to transfer from PS3. If you get the DLC you can transfer that too and its recognized so good news there.

If you are looking for something to take up your time well it will do that. You will be grinding a bit for certs/upgrade tokens quite a bit to upgrade your squad. I've never had a problem with that because I love the VC gameplay so much and theres always different ways you can tackle maps.

wighti

I'll echo what the rest have said;

Gameplay is awesome, the story is not. You'll end up liking some characters for their abilities since you'll be hard pressed to even remember their names let alone their back stories.

Zeri was kinda cool tho.

Ponn

Banned
I'll echo what the rest have said;

Gameplay is awesome, the story is not. You'll end up liking some characters for their abilities since you'll be hard pressed to even remember their names let alone their back stories.

Zeri was kinda cool tho.

Zeri and the butler were the only characters I half cared about. I used the VC1 unlock characters alot, Selvaria is an awesome scout.

oldmario

A few questions:

Thanks for help.

I cant remember fully but VC2 is £23.99 or £27.99, ive been trying to ask sega to do a sale on it but no response

EDIT: EU psn store is having a sale on sports games
Source

IIRC Hustle Kings and Top Darts are B1G2

Snowballo

I checked out.
VC2 is priced at 35 euro! I was expecting something around 20.
No fu**ing way! I own the UMD, I cannot spend this amount for the same title I have on PSP. Do you confirm it is impossible to move on PS Vita a game that you phisically own on PSP? :(

Just got the official Vita Cradle.

so Vita can output audio from it's weird USB port too, I didn't know this before and that is actually pretty interesting.

I think it just sends the digital audio signal to a DAC in the cradle - a DAC which is apparently audiophile quality, and significantly better than the Vita's own onboard DAC (this was discussed at length in either the first or second OT threads).

Shinriji

JAPAN VITA PSN STORE TOP 10 (July 16-23)

1. Pawapuro 2012 (119/4.68)
2. Time Travelers (251 /4.42)
3. Assault Gunners (568/4.66)
4. Persona 4 Golden (2.295/4.95)
5. MGS HD (470/4.75)
6. Dokuro (207/4.87)
7. Resistance: Burning Skies (169/4.26)
8. Gundam Seed Battle Destiny (719/4.58)
9. MGS 3 HD (29/4.79)
10. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (2.526/4.48)

(Number of rates / Rate score)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom