• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone played the Lego Harry Potter for Vita? It's like 8 bucks used at GameStop right now, worth playing (at all)?

I'm also considering picking up Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, I assume that this has been discussed to death but, is it worth getting to play on the Vita? I've never played one , but listening to 8-4 Play really makes me want to try it...
Nope it its a port of the shitty 3ds version.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
L

Getting Malicious for sure. Would be nice if later the Vita version came out and it would know you got the PS3 version and let you download it free. =p

that will be awesome but I highly doubt it,(so I'll be waiting for the Vita version)

Looks like HSG and VT4 are still on sale. Guess it gives me another week to ponder. lol.

Getting Malicious for sure. Would be nice if later the Vita version came out and it would know you got the PS3 version and let you download it free. =p

I'm with ya in getting Malicious. I've been waiting for a localization forever now. ): I'll probably get the Vita version when it comes out, too, though getting it with the PS3 copy would be cool...

Lucent

that will be awesome but I highly doubt it,(so I'll be waiting for the Vita version)

Yeah. It's only $7.99 through PS+ though and who knows when we'll get the Vita version. I'll probably go ahead and get it. I can't imagine the price for the Vita version being too much anyway since it's a digital only game (right?).

kiyomi

Same here, not finished Malicious but what I have played of it on PS3 is a great small title. I'm not sure I'd double dip on it though just to get it on Vita.

Checked my Vita's memory, I thought I had used up almost all of it but was surprised when I found 1.6gb left, pleasant surprise. I might put one or two titles on there now. The more variety the better :) and 16gb coming tomorrow :)

Joe Molotov

Ayl77ozCUAAJpKQ.jpg:large

More like RESISTANCE: TO RELEASING CONTENT ON THE VITA, amirite?

mauaus

Looks like HSG and VT4 are still on sale. Guess it gives me another week to ponder. lol.

Get VT4, its an awesome game, also Mutant blob attacks

Anyone bought Foosball??

Lucent

Same here, not finished Malicious but what I have played of it on PS3 is a great small title. I'm not sure I'd double dip on it though just to get it on Vita.

Checked my Vita's memory, I thought I had used up almost all of it but was surprised when I found 1.6gb left, pleasant surprise. I might put one or two titles on there now. The more variety the better :) and 16gb coming tomorrow :)

Yay! lol. Yeah I decided on the 16gb. I can swap things if I need to. Variety is good. I'll get a bigger card if they ever drop in price.

Cross posting from the PS Store thread:

Went and looked it up, all these MP servers shut off June 27.

PSP® system
Ratchet & Clank®: Size Matters
Resistance® Retribution
Syphon Filter®: Combat Ops
Syphon Filter®: Logan's Shadow
Syphon Filter®: Dark Mirror Online

oldmario

Not in North America. None of Sony Bend's non-Uncharted games are on Vita PSN.

Didnt sony put the 2 syphon filter when they came out with those bundles last year that had another totally random game with each of the titles.

Also anyone that has Everybodys Tennis in the uk would you be able to tell me the size so i can remove something off my vita if i dont have space

kiyomi

Decided to put FF and P2 on the Vita. FF looks gorgeous :3

I really want to give VT4 a go but I can't find it at a price in the UK that I'd be happy with.

PS- Cecil, whenever I look at your avatar I get an itch to play Birth by Sleep.

hehe Aqua rules! =D

By the way, I bought some of the new minis today. I can confirm that Wizorb will transfer to Vita via the PS3. Also got Time Soldiers and Gang Wars, which also transfer. Pretty cool that they are still putting out the SNK minis.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so how is the new minis Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims and Canabalt? bad or good time waster? (I know about Velocity already)

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
so how is the new minis Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims and Canabalt? bad or good time waster? (I know about Velocity already)
I like what I've played of Floating Cloud God, but it is really simple. I love Canabalt, but it's not any better with buttons, and of the versions I've played (web and iOS), this one seems to be the worst, as I've had some slowdown. You should try the web version if you haven't though.

Glix

I like what I've played of Floating Cloud God, but it is really simple. I love Canabalt, but it's not any better with buttons, and of the versions I've played (web and iOS), this one seems to be the worst, as I've had some slowdown. You should try the web version if you haven't though.

I much prefer Canabalt with buttons over having to use a touch interface. Touch just adds impreciseness and sometimes my finger will block my view as well on the small iphone screen.

No online leaderboard is completely unforgivable however.

No, minis aren't allowed to use adhoc/infrastructure at all. :(

And Canabalt feels so empty without leaderboards... But I do like playing it with buttons though.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Makes sense...

but brutal for poor canabalt.
Yeah. Online leaderboards made the game, and I would love to be able to compare my scores against my PSN friends. I know I'm the best though, so it doesn't matter too much.

Meh, Wizorb is really ugly on this screen, clearly it wasn't designed with this resolution in mind, everything looks... weird. It doesn't look like clean pixel art.

lepo

Pure speculation here, just for fun

What if The Last Guardian has been moved to vita long time ago, this could explain all the technical issues and the delays.

scej did the same with gravity daze so... in theory ...

What if they are going to announce it as a psVita exclusive at TGS.. how many vita would this sell? It's the hype for this game big enough to make a platform an istant success/must have?

Oh well it was nice to dream about it for a little while:) back to reality now!

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Meh, Wizorb is really ugly on this screen, clearly it wasn't designed with this resolution in mind, everything looks... weird. It doesn't look like clean pixel art.
Can you take a screenshot or photo? I was just about to purchase it because I don't like how it plays with a keyboard, but your post made me worried.

magawolaz

What if The Last Guardian has been moved to vita long time ago, this could explain all the technical issues and the delays.

What if they are going to announce it as a psVita exclusive at TGS.. how many vita would this sell? It's the hype for this game big enough to make a platform an istant success/must have?

Heads will roll.

The Last Guardian isn't a game I would want to play on Vita.

Yep. Game would be best experienced on a big, HD screen.

Making it a Vita exclusive at this point would be damn near suicide and would infuriate fans. I wouldn't see it selling a whole lot of units because of the sudden exclusive-ness.

I think Wizorb looks fantastic on this screen. It's very crisp and the animations of the sprites are nice. I have bilinear filtering off. Looks like the screenshot feature is blocked but I'll take one with my phone.. Only problem, is you will see scanlines and stuff that isn't there.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Hooray,I finally can play Resistance: Retribution without that aim assist (thanks to Vita's mapping face buttons on the right analogue stick ability).

the best Resistance game just become even better.

I much prefer Canabalt with buttons over having to use a touch interface. Touch just adds impreciseness and sometimes my finger will block my view as well on the small iphone screen.

No online leaderboard is completely unforgivable however.

Guess I will go with Cloud God game.

I don't think so. That's why Minis are simple, quick to QA, and cheap.

No, minis aren't allowed to use adhoc/infrastructure at all. :(

And Canabalt feels so empty without leaderboards... But I do like playing it with buttons though.

I think if Sony should allow leaderboards,most mini are iOS/Android titles why should they be lesser on Vita?

also Sony should at least put like 2 or 3 trophies per mini

What if they are going to announce it as a psVita exclusive at TGS..

I think The Last Guardian is dead/got cancelled.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Hooray,I finally can play Resistance: Retribution without that aim assist (thanks to Vita's mapping face buttons on the right analogue stick ability).

the best Resistance game just become even better.
Does everything feel smooth with the face buttons mapped to the right analog stick? I want the game, but $20 is a bit steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom